• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Question: How would you react if Nintendo announced tomorrow that Smash Ultimate was delayed?
I'd be bummed at first, but would get over it. I fear some of the Smash community would harass Sakurai about it though, hopefully it wouldn't get as bad as it did with Waluigi and Ashley. part of my gut tells me it will be delayed though, and my gut is almost never wrong...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I would actually hope for anything but January, as Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out then and is going to destroy my backlog. Not to mention Tales of Vesperia a week before that as well. :dizzy:
Oh crud, forgot about KH3, and that game has been delayed long enough..
Eh, I would be fine with early February

But sweet goodness Nintendo, whatever you do, do not put it on February 22nd (despite it funnily enough, being my Birthday). Days Gone, Crackdown 3, and Anthem are all releasing that day. Stay away from that... I beg you.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Normally I'm fine with delays, but we're close enough to release that if one was announced tomorrow, I'd be very disappointed if the delay was any longer then a month.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
He is to Yoshi as I am to... Well, anything NieR.

Speaking of which, I found a way we could both be happy. But I'll warn you, It's not pretty.
I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle...
and wonder if we'll ever get the chance to kill him.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Delays typically result in a better product, so I wouldn't mind the game being delayed.

Sakurai realized that Yoshi getting shafted in terms of representation despite being an OG 8 was no good, so he delayed it.

He should've realized that since Brawl...
You know, I'm not really a Yoshi fan, so I'm uninformed as to what all the series has to offer.

How would you go about giving the series better representation? Characters, stages, items, music, etc.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
He is to Yoshi as I am to... Well, anything NieR.

Speaking of which, I found a way we could both be happy. But I'll warn you, It's not pretty.
I feel like this is what you'd get if you ship Yoshi x Majora's Mask Moon.

I know that's not the MM Moon, but it has all the right features of a moon, plus the face.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know, I'm not really a Yoshi fan, so I'm uninformed as to what all the series has to offer.

How would you go about giving the series better representation? Characters, stages, items, music, etc.
He's good on stages, although I wouldn't mind on more stage that's NOT based on an opening level. Probably an underground stage or something.

There are TONS of Assist Trophy ideas, such as (but not limited to) Prince Froggy, Bandits, Grinders, Goonies, Eggo-dils, Pak E. Derm and Nep-Enuts...

Fuzzies (the ones that make you dizzy) could be an item

Music is fine for now

As for characters, Poochy and Kamek are the two that are brought up the most. But Boshi is an Echo I wanted for a while...

Iridium

Smash Hero
I feel like this is what you'd get if you ship Yoshi x Majora's Mask Moon.

I know that's not the MM Moon, but it has all the right features of a moon, plus the face.
Speaking of the Moon, knowing that we can have Stamina mode with it now as an Assist Trophy, imagine losing all of your HP and getting deleted by it now. It would be cool to see, at least.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Probably an underground stage or something.
The Underground stages in Yoshi games are always beautiful, with the waterfalls in the back and the crystals and the more fungi-looking mushrooms... Man I would REALLY love to see an HD, non-craft underground Yoshi level now.

Plus, that chill underground theme from the first game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so what do you guys think will be tonight's blog update??

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I guess it's not impossible for a delay, but seeing how we're less than two months away, I feel like Nintendo would've said something by now. They should know if they're going to make the holiday season deadline.

Good Feel makes good music, so tracks from Woolly World and Crafted World would be fantastic. More variety with the stages would be appreciated as well.

Aside from that though, there ain't much else Yoshi's Island offers. There aren't really any "items" in the Yoshi games, so I'm not sure what Sakurai could add aside from some type of generic egg item. There's a few enemies who could work as ATs, but not many of them offer anything truly special. Those that do are probably way too niche to be an AT anyway. And as far as characters go, you've got Yoshi, the babies, and Kamek. Anyone besides them would be a stretch.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
A stage followed by loud collective groaning from the thread.
I feel like the blog's primary purpose is to convey things to the more casual audience. Every week the new blog posts are collected and put up on the Switch's news section, which feels more suitable than on a website you have to check every day or two for just a few sentences and images of information that's already known. It informs people who aren't in the know and reaches that broader audience. The only new content we get is music tracks once a week, but everything else has already been shown off in one way or another.

The problem is that it's living up to the Smash Dojo and Miiverse posts for Smash 4, where there was actual unknown information being revealed every now and then. It's so much more mundane than either of those things.

We just need the last Direct to come and show us everything else so the speculation period can die and we can have some new things to talk about. Then we can all stop worrying about the blog.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Rathalos is both a Boss and AT, so...
And also when Waluigi becomes the first AT/fighter the whole point will be moot

:denzel::denzel:

I feel like the blog's primary purpose is to convey things to the more casual audience. Every week the new blog posts are collected and put up on the Switch's news section, which feels more suitable than on a website you have to check every day or two for just a few sentences and images of information that's already known. It informs people who aren't in the know and reaches that broader audience. The only new content we get is music tracks once a week, but everything else has already been shown off in one way or another.

The problem is that it's living up to the Smash Dojo and Miiverse posts for Smash 4, where there was actual unknown information being revealed every now and then. It's so much more mundane than either of those things.

We just need the last Direct to come and show us everything else so the speculation period can die and we can have some new things to talk about. Then we can all stop worrying about the blog.
I mean, I personally like the blog regardless.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Next blog update is intern-kun saying "Does anyone actually care about what we put on these things? Just wait till December 7th like normal people..."

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Does that stop Knuckles from appearing on the Green Hill Zone though. :p
Rathalos is both a Boss and AT, so...
Both true but Knuckles doesn’t interact in Green Hill and Rathalos may just be a boss in Spirits

Kamek would be a cool AT no doubt though.

What would’ve been cooler is if Kamek was in control of the stage morph

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Which Smash characters do you think browse Smashboards?
:ultpit: would fit right in.
:ultdarkpit: would suit some of the more... unsavoury people here.
:ultshulk: is a box theorist
:ultinkling: is always ****posting, with the occasional deep post
:ultbowserjr: is here but only when :ultbowser: isn't looking

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I take it not a lot has happened eh?

Something I didn't get to look at was...
Is copyright theory an actual thing now?

Because if it is...man I thought my Hero's vs Villians theory was wack!

I would love an update on that shenanigans.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Normally I'm fine with delays, but we're close enough to release that if one was announced tomorrow, I'd be very disappointed if the delay was any longer then a month.
That's what made the Brawl delays so bad. The first was also in October when the game was meant to release in December.

Then in January it moved from February to March ...or something like that.
so what do you guys think will be tonight's blog update??
Bold prediction, something like a fighter or item, but followed by an announcement of a direct/trailer for next week. Bold prediction! ...also it's just what I want lol

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Considering I despise almost everything about Fates (yes even the music is forgettable to me) and ship Robin x Lucina really hard, I should probably get into that bunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom