• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, time for the ninjas to come out. Main bias, I guess. I wonder when our next blog post on an item will come, though.
My friend's starter in X and Y was Greninja, and my starter in Sun and Moon was Incineroar.
If he gets in we can have a Pokemon battle with our starters.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And also when Waluigi becomes the first AT/fighter the whole point will be moot

:denzel::denzel:
It could happen, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. We had to wait until Ultimate ditched the Pyrosphere stage before we could get a playable Ridley, so I'm guessing anyone with a notable role (AT, stage hazard, boss) is Sakurai's way of softly disconfirming a character.

Wouldn't mind being wrong though. There's a handful of disconfirmed characters I'd like to see get a second (or third, or fourth) chance to get in Smash.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Considering I despise almost everything about Fates (yes even the music is forgettable to me) and ship Robin x Lucina really hard, I should probably get into that bunker.
Same lol
Though I headcanon it such that Present Lucina is a slightly different person because all the bad stuff that led to Future Lucina's timeline got avoided.
Probably more likely to get a joke, probably more cheery in general because she didn't have to bear the burden that Future Lucina had to bear
The bold fashion sense stays though.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It could happen, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
It's not one of my hopes, and I can't be disappointed anyway.

Wouldn't mind being wrong though. There's a handful of disconfirmed characters I'd like to see get a second (or third, or fourth) chance to get in Smash.
Would be nice, honestly.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Heroes vs Villains was never a thing. It was brought up by Loz18 because he was seen as a reliable leaker. Then he crashed and burned.
one other thing to note, it was also an assumption by him as well. but people rode along that a lot after the 8/8 direct happened confirming at least 85% what his newer source said.
personally i thought he was just making a reference to the old and debunked "imgur riddle", but i realized he was likely talking about what seemed to be K.Rool's "The Rivals" trailer.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh here's a few more

:ultwario: The one that decided to strip away some of the premium features.
:ultbayonetta: Sits there laughing at all of the complaints about her before going back to bed with Jeanne
:ultjigglypuff: Constantly asks for Buffs

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
It's gonna be Elma
i hope her, Skull Kid, or Medusa kills the box theory
ACTUALLY, i hope a 3rd additional character kills it.
at least Verge or other current rumor reporters don't have to get a million PMs over theories anymore or be in a neutral stance anymore

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
so what do you guys think will be tonight's blog update??
:ultluigi:'s nose, Luigi's Mansion Edition.

I guess it's not impossible for a delay, but seeing how we're less than two months away, I feel like Nintendo would've said something by now. They should know if they're going to make the holiday season deadline.

Good Feel makes good music, so tracks from Woolly World and Crafted World would be fantastic. More variety with the stages would be appreciated as well.

Aside from that though, there ain't much else Yoshi's Island offers. There aren't really any "items" in the Yoshi games, so I'm not sure what Sakurai could add aside from some type of generic egg item. There's a few enemies who could work as ATs, but not many of them offer anything truly special. Those that do are probably way too niche to be an AT anyway. And as far as characters go, you've got Yoshi, the babies, and Kamek. Anyone besides them would be a stretch.
You forgot Poochy, too.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
:ultpichu:Would probably constantly make self deprecating jokes about itself.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
:ultsonic: speed-reads and types very fast; he'll have a reply in just a few seconds of your post.
:ultness: tells bad skeleton puns wait...
:ulticeclimbers: talk about their dangerous glacier-scaling trips as if they're simple walks up a hill

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
:ultdaisy: would use profanities in every single one of her posts
Perhaps Greninja, it's X and Y's anniversary in Japan.
Yeah, Let's just say the one leaker definitley did his homework
i hope her, Skull Kid, or Medusa kills the box theory
ACTUALLY, i hope a 3rd additional character kills it.
at least Verge or other current rumor reporters don't have to get a million PMs over theories anymore or be in a neutral stance anymore
I hoping that either Elma, Steve or a Rhythm Heaven Rep Kills it.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
:ultlucina: doesn’t understand memes and is always asking :ultrobin to explain them to her.
:ultdarksamus: is a stalker and is stalking you right now.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
:ultfox: Keeps asking why Melee wavedashing and L-cancling aren't back in full force.
:ultroy: Is always insisting that tier lists don't matter, player skill does.
:ultwiifittrainer: Likes to remind people not to spend too much time on the boards, and encourages everyone to go on a walk when things get tense.
:ultness: Likes to quote walls of text and respond with just "okay".
:ultpalutena: Has a good sense of humor and likes to ****post and playfully screw with people.
:ultsheik: Is a lurker who only ever joins as a guest.
:ultrobin Loves to discuss metagames and strategies.
Is super hyped for Ultimate and won't let anything get him down.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
:ultpokemontrainer: treats every member interaction like a battle or challenge.

:ultvillager: does nothing but post links to...gory websites. Either his victims or random videos.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
:ultkirby: Is always finding excuses to make off-topic conversations about food, especially about cakes and other baked goods and sweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom