• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's hard for me to talk about pipe dream characters--as my original pipe dream character... isn't that much of a pipe dream any more. And I try to keep my desires as realistic as possible to avoid disappointment. I guess Master Chief is a character that I think has little to no chance, but is iconic enough to be part of Smash. I don't know much about the games/moveset potential, though. I guess next would be characters from Wonderful 101--it just seems like there's so many ways in which that could make an interesting moveset. It's far more realistic, though I don't see it happening in the near future. And then there are the non-video game characters, like Batman and Spongebob, I'd actually genuinely like.

It is amazing, though, that most of the characters I actively enjoy are already in.

You can hunker down in my "Super Mario 3D World was better than Odyssey" bunker for safety.

But get that Other M **** outta here.
I've been so lonely in my "Super Mario 3D World was better than Odyssey" bunker.

Doesn't take much to be better than Odyssey though *scrambles*

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
To be honest I didn't even know that was an option until my brother told me his Robin married Lucina on his playthrough.

I thought those S's couldn't possibly mean marriage.
I try not to judge, but when people tell me they romanced Lucina, I can’t help but think: You’re marrying your best friend’s daughter. From the future.

Not to mention how convoluted it gets when Morgan comes into the picture...

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I have one beef with Mario Odyssey - though it’s insanely superior to 3D world - which is I have no desire to replay it whatsoever unlike 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1&2

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
In Other M's defense, as a video game, it's not that bad and it's fairly enjoyable.

As a Metroid game, it doesn't live up to expectations of the rest Except federation force and fails to meet requirements.

But I wonder, what do people prefer: Federation Force or Other M?
Never played Federation Force, so I can't give an answer

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I hope we get a better spectate mode, if it comes back for online. Maybe allow us to choose requirements for matches (For Fun, For Glory) so we don't end up watching borefests (take a guess) that cost us whatever we bet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pipedream:

-Porky Minch
-Ninten
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Steve
-Creeper
-Herobrine
-Geno
-Goomba
-Toad
-It's yer boi Skull Kid
-Tingle
-Gengar
-Wurmple
-Team Rocket (Jessie & James, Meowth, Arbok, Weezing, Wobbufett)
-Raichu (Kanto)
-Gardevoir
-Mimikyu
-Ditto
-Celebi
-Chandelure
-Marx
-Dark Matter
-Gooey
-Adeleine
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Sans & Papyrus
-Spongebob & Patrick (0% chance)
-Popeye (at least he had a Nintendo game)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I have one beef with Mario Odyssey - though it’s insanely superior to 3D world - which is I have no desire to replay it whatsoever unlike 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1&2
I agree with you on the low replay value in Odyssey. I haven't reached 100% yet and I doubt I will because that damn Jump Rope Genius moon is nearly impossible for me to accomplish and some of the post game moons feel like a chore to get.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wheps. Sorry, I missed that part.
On another note, Who are you guy's manning? Obviously this question has been asked, lot's. But I'd like to have a more in depth discussion.
For example: I will be playing a good amount of charecters. Firstly, I'll be playing a whole lot a peach, partially because of an inside joke, mainly because I got used to SSF2, where she is my favorite charecter by far. Pick a charecter with good throw combos, probably sonic, because I played him in 4, and enjoy his games. Inkling, splatoon is an interesting series, and the high damage low K.O is appealing. Bayonetta. I'm the only person on the planet who likes ladder combos, but they might be gone, but the dual aggressive/campy-ness seems great, because I like playing both, just not in between. Megaman, megaman is the projectile charecter, which is my favorite. Wii Fit. Seems fun, and has the added bonus of pissing my friend who is attracted who her in a creepy way.
:ultpikachu:: He's been my boi almost ever since I started playing Smash
:ultzelda:: She's a pretty fun Character to use (Also, this incarnation is too precious)
:ultpichu:: I don't care he's terrible, I'm gonna try.
:ultsonic:: My Brawl Main, and my goto 3rd Party Character
:ultrosalina:: She was my second main in Smash 4
:ultcorrin:: Easily, my favorite Smash Bros character of all time, and I haven't even played Fire Emblem.
:ultinkling:: Woomy!
:ultrichter:: Can't wait to Try him out
:ultisabelle:: I played a lot of Villager in Smash 4, So I'm definitely looking forward to her.

Also assuming they are in the game like rumors say they are, I'm probably gonna main
and
as well

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
On another note, Who are you guy's manning? Obviously this question has been asked, lot's. But I'd like to have a more in depth discussion.
For example: I will be playing a good amount of charecters. Firstly, I'll be playing a whole lot a peach, partially because of an inside joke, mainly because I got used to SSF2, where she is my favorite charecter by far. Pick a charecter with good throw combos, probably sonic, because I played him in 4, and enjoy his games. Inkling, splatoon is an interesting series, and the high damage low K.O is appealing. Bayonetta. I'm the only person on the planet who likes ladder combos, but they might be gone, but the dual aggressive/campy-ness seems great, because I like playing both, just not in between. Megaman, megaman is the projectile charecter, which is my favorite. Wii Fit. Seems fun, and has the added bonus of pissing my friend who is attracted who her in a creepy way.
I don't want to answer questions like this because I feel like a broken record and I really don't need an in-depth explanation on why I main my absolute favorite character of all time :yoshi:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I agree with you on the low replay value in Odyssey. I haven't reached 100% yet and I doubt I will because that damn Jump Rope Genius moon is nearly impossible for me to accomplish and some of the post game moons feel like a chore to get.
There’s just SO MANY MOONS. My interest wanes. And if I’m just picking up an open world game to play for a bit I go for BotW since it’s more interactive

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm maining Inkling, I love Splatoon.

I'm gonna secondary Pokemon Trainer, and i'm gonna play a lot of Pikachu, Daisy, Ridley, K Rool, and Isabelle.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Hey, I kinda know how you feel, My favorite Pokemon Game is X and Y, and my my favorite Banjo Kazooie game is Nuts & Bolts. Of course, both of those games aren't that liked in each respective community. Sometimes, I feel like games get unneeded hate, just because they are different compared to the other games in their series.

But seriously I'm just messing with you. I've never actually played a B&K game in my life. Just afraid of what the hardcore Banjo fans would say to that. lol

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
No you're not.

You knew exactly what you were doing. >:V
N-no...
Yeah.
WOAH WOAH WOAH
I just hopped in this thread to see people say Mario Odyssey wasn't good?
And that 3D World was better??
REALLY???
ARE YOU KIDDING ME????
I mean, they're both pretty different games overall.

They're both 3D Platformers with Collectables on a basic level, but the way they each go about enforcing that description makes them radically different styles of games. Somebody who liked 3D World might not like Odyssey because it's a completely different kind of game.
If salt is what you want, I present you a new character then. Lynsanseroar
Jesus...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey there kiddos! We got ourselves another timed leak! http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434867625
Huh, wouldn't be too upset if this was true. The 4 characters are ones I want, and ones that actually make sense.
That being said, I think it's fake. There's no way Karate Joe's getting in without a Rhythm Heaven stage.
Also, Pokemon X and Y came out October 12th, so this guy's done his research

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
As of now I’ll main Robin like usual. Then play a lot of Zelda, Lucina, Ike, K Rool, Daisy, Ridley, and Lemmy (best Koopaling)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I love 3D World, going through it 100% with 2 players was easily the best experience I had on the Wii U, I had middling expectations for it but I ended up absolutely loving it.

But man, Odyssey is just something else, it's a masterclass in video game controls. It's got this cozy feel to it too, you can easily pick it up, get a sense that you're accomplishing something as there are so many moons to collect, and the worlds are just fantastic and so much fun to go through with the aforementioned controls, it just feels great on every level. I absolutely adore the game, so when I say that I like it more than 3D World I don't mean to put that game down, it's just that Odyssey is such a good time.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ah right.

Ephraim will come and beat me up with four man army while invalidating his sister's reason for existance.

I forgot...

For real though... his personality is done better by Hector. His plot has no darn arc and he ruins his sister's arc by making her efforts pointless. Even the sympathetic villain is made more dickish around him, cause we can't give Ephraim anything that might challenge him.

I frustrated that in an effort to make him cool, they effectively ruin everything else.
I definitely don't disagree that Ephraim had execution issues with his arc, but I felt Lyon was one of the better aspects of his story. Having Lyon be able to play off of Ephraim's strengths allowed us to get more of a perspective into his flaws and insecurities, and since Ephraim's story dealt more with Grado we got to get an understanding of why Lyon made the literal deal with the devil on top of that. It was one of the biggest positives to come out of Ephraim's route IMO, and it's part of the reason why I think Lyon is one of FE's strongest villains.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
When it comes to replayability, no game will ever beat Kirby Super Star Ultra. I can play it through, and then do it again and have just as much fun. In the same sitting.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think that's just Galacta Knight.

This leak is fake, though; today is the last day for blog updates this week, we won't get one tomorrow.
If someone wanted to grasp at straws, though, the next update IS the Friday (October 12) update. We get it "a day early" of course because that's how time zones work.

They're only saying Greninja cause gen6 was released on the 12th.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
:ultlink:, with :ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultsimon::ultmewtwo::ultsonic::ultpit::ultmarth: as backup mains.

Secondaries would be :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultfox::ultfalco::ultroy::ultwolf::ultridley::ultmegaman::ultike::ultshulk::ultsheik::ultdarksamus::ultsamus::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultmetaknight::ultpikachu::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultchrom::ultryu::ultduckhunt::ultzss:, and as you can see, the list is very long.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Lyn is boring and the only reason she isn't my least favourite of the FE7 lords is because somehow Eliwood manages to be even more boring. If she completely vanished from existence you wouldn't even notice she was missing from the game. Obviously there's more to my distaste for her than that, but I'm too lazy to talk any more about it right now. :p
Overhyped? Rabid fanbase? :V
Ephraim is the worst lord.

I will die on that hill.
Please stop spewing blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom