• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh boy, pipe dream talk. Time to go ham.
Pipe Dream Roster.png

When Crash Bandicoot is currently the one with the best odds, you know something's amiss. :p The others are nineteen of my remaining top twenty-one favorite Fire Emblem characters, thirteen of my favorite Pokémon, two already-disconfirmed Mario characters, three no-hoper third parties (one of which is an Assist), three representatives from dead or stillborn Nintendo franchises, and Daruk.

Needless to say I'm absolutely thrilled with Ultimate's roster lol.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I got a topic for ya'll.

Who are your pipedream characters? Meaning characters who are next to impossible.

Also Midna, but unlike these guys, she has a sliver of a chance for Smash 6.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
One of the most interesting things about Smash is learning about what characters people relate to! I don't understand the FE love, but I'm guessing it's because you love the game they're from, right?
As a massive Metroid fan, I was always a little upset I never enjoyed either Samus or Samus. But Ridley? Playing just as viciously as I'd wanted? Hell yeah.

Pikmin 2 is my favorite game, so despite the fact I'm not especially good with Olimar/Alph I go back to them every now and then.

Earthbound and Mother 3 is some of the most amazing games of all times and both psychic children are really fun to play, so everything clicks for me with them.

Iggy Koopa is my second favorite Mario character behind Waluigi, so when I found out I could play as him I was deadset on maining Bowser Jr.

Punch-Out!! was one of the Wii games I played the most, I was super-excited by Little Mac and enjoy how wicked-fast and strong he is, recovery memes aside.

Mario, Wario, Ganondorf, Charizard, Greninja, maybe the Ultimate version of Pokemon Trainer, Roy, and Corrin are also characters I play a lot, but only because I just like how they play in Smash. Don't get me wrong, I love each of their franchises (except Fire Emblem, just never my thing), but I don't feel nearly as connected to them as the previous fighters I listed. Now that I'm much more invested in Metal Gear Solid, I'm actually pretty excited to try each of the Konami characters this time around.

Easily the biggest draw to Smash for me is seeing all the characters I love from gaming history. Had Smash had the same variety it has now, but was just Dragon King like it was originally intended to be, I may never have even played it. Getting to see a lot of my favorites duke it out is exciting as hell, and always being able to hold on to the hope that some of my other favorite characters could always make the cut makes for a truly thrilling experience. Okami gets my vote for favorite game to be represented, but my favorite remaining character after Ridley is Hades.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
View attachment 169328
When Crash Bandicoot is currently the one with the best odds, you know something's amiss. :p The others are nineteen of my remaining top twenty-one favorite Fire Emblem characters, thirteen of my favorite Pokémon, two already-disconfirmed Mario characters, three no-hoper third parties (one of which is an Assist), three representatives from dead or stillborn Nintendo franchises, and Daruk.

Still no Lyn, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME OPO, HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE THE SAME CHARACTER TASTE AS ME.

I should really make a "Nothing but wants" list though, that sounds like fun.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I got a topic for ya'll.

Who are your pipedream characters? Meaning characters who are next to impossible.
Mine are Fossil Fighter, Master Chief, Badge Bunny, and Vaati.
Pretty much everyone in my signature with special shoutouts to Marina Liteyears and Sophie from Style Savvy...and maybe 2B.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't like her either but not only is she extremely popular, but she also helps with the gender balance.
also just add forrest if you want a mounted mage
Forrest is one of the few things I genuinely love from Fates.

Forrest, Azura, the soundtrack, and getting to kill Takumi.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Still no Lyn, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME OPO, HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE THE SAME CHARACTER TASTE AS ME.

I should really make a "Nothing but wants" list though, that sounds like fun.
Honestly, even if you absolutely despise Lyn with every fiber in your marsupial body, you can't deny the fact that she is
COOL.
AS.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Lyn is boring and the only reason she isn't my least favourite of the FE7 lords is because somehow Eliwood manages to be even more boring. If she completely vanished from existence you wouldn't even notice she was missing from the game. Obviously there's more to my distaste for her than that, but I'm too lazy to talk any more about it right now. :p

D

Deleted member

So I’ve got a question, and I hope this won’t start a flame war, but how would you guys react to someone who would honest to God campaign to see Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker for Smash with their main arguments being Star Wars’s iconicness and the fact that a good portion of Star Wars games (Super Star Wars trilogy, Rouge Squadron games, Shadows of The Empire, Jedi Knight Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy IIRC, and The Force Unleashed) have been released either exclusively or multi platform for Nintendo consoles, despite the fact that they are not video game characters?

Keep in mind, I am not seriously asking for Star Wars in Smash, I’m asking you all this merely to see what your reaction would be if someone seriously pulled for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

beans

Smash Lord
I got a topic for ya'll.

Astro Boy from the GBA Omega Factor game
Treasure made Astro Boy even cooler than ever

D

Deleted member

Lyn is boring and the only reason she isn't my least favourite of the FE7 lords is because somehow Eliwood manages to be even more boring. If she completely vanished from existence you wouldn't even notice she was missing from the game. Obviously there's more to my distaste for her than that, but I'm too lazy to talk any more about it right now. :p
Overhyped? Rabid fanbase? :V

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ephraim is the worst lord.

I will die on that hill.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 169275

^This right here. It also somehow misses his role in Super Star Ultra, so that's yet another point against you. Bandana Dee has appeared in more games than Meta-Knight since Brawl. It's inarguable he's a central character at this point. If you're going to argue something at least know what you're talking about.
what’s that video even prove? it only shows like 6 games and half of them he does nothing in them. Like it shows Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot where he just gives you items. Again, no different from the generic toads in NSMB

Just admit he’s a generic side character that you want in Smash because you like him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, even if you absolutely despise Lyn with every fiber in your marsupial body, you can't deny the fact that she is
COOL.
AS.
Can't disagree there. I really like all three of the FE7 lords, it's just that Hector and Eliwood edge her out in my eyes. It's like the Alola starters. Even if Incineroar is my least favorite of the three I still really like him...I just like Primarina's slightly more and adore the hell out of Decidueye.

My opinion on both trios just sort of mirrors each other. :p Deciduector, Lyncineroar, and Primawood.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
View attachment 169328

*sees Muddy Mole*

I knew I wasn't the only one who played Mole Mania!

Maxwell would be interesting though. Its a shame Scribblenauts hasn't had a main series game in years.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
One of the most interesting things about Smash is learning about what characters people relate to! I don't understand the FE love, but I'm guessing it's because you love the game they're from, right?
I love Splatoon!! It's only existed for three years and it's already one of my favorite Nintendo series.
As an artist I love the style of the characters and the world, as an animal lover I love the sea creature theme. I love the Ocean and all the things in it.
Even though I can't swim. It's no wonder i'm maining :ultinkling:.

:ultcorrin: is a dragon and dragons are always good. :ultridley: is a murder dragon and murder dragons are always good. :ultkrool: looks like an absolute freak and that's hilarious, Gang Plank Galleon is still the best song in Ultimate.
:ultdaisy: is funny, :ultisabelle: is cute.

Where do I begin with Pokemon? I won't go into my whole life story, but Pokemon is my absolute favorite series of all time.
I love designing monsters, and this series is full of interesting monster designs. I love the characters, I love the world, I love the gameplay. I love it all.
A lot of people don't like :ultpikachu: just because he's the mascot, but I still think he's adorable. :ultpokemontrainer: is a perfect representation of the series and I can't wait to play him, especially now that they've gotten rid of his down sides. The Pokemon series as a whole has been incredibly important to me, it's part of my being.
Pokemon keeps me going through the rough times. Pokemon gives me something to look forward to every year (except this year, but I won't go into that),
Pokemon is the Yoshi to my Zinith Zinith . Pokemon is more than just a series to me, it's a part of my life. And I absolutely love it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You missed all of the sonic charecters people support, namely shadow, tails, knuckles, and eggman
Read towards the bottom of the post again. I was keeping it to new franchises. If we went into Sonic and other series who already got playable characters, that list would be twice as long, and I already missed some.

So I’ve got a question, and I hope this won’t start a flame war, but how would you guys react to someone who would honest to God campaign to see Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker for Smash with their main arguments being Star Wars’s iconicness and the fact that a good portion of Star Wars games (Super Star Wars trilogy, Rouge Squadron games, Shadows of The Empire, Jedi Knight Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy IIRC, and The Force Unleashed) have been released either exclusively or multi platform for Nintendo consoles?

Keep in mind, I am not seriously asking for Star Wars in Smash, I’m asking you all this merely to see what your reaction would be if someone seriously pulled for this.
I wouldn't care. Because I never got into Star Wars. And if I had to be forced to pick a Non-Game character I'd probably go with a Marvel or DC character first.

beans

Smash Lord
So I’ve got a question, and I hope this won’t start a flame war, but how would you guys react to someone who would honest to God campaign to see Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker for Smash with their main arguments being Star Wars’s iconicness and the fact that a good portion of Star Wars games (Super Star Wars trilogy, Rouge Squadron games, Shadows of The Empire, Jedi Knight Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy IIRC, and The Force Unleashed) have been released either exclusively or multi platform for Nintendo consoles, despite the fact that they are not video game characters?

Laugh, for as I no longer can see the world with the innocence as such soul is able while parading for the impossible
Or join them I dunno

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173

I unironically want a SW character. Specifically HK-47, but Vader would be great too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's fair, honestly a lot of my attachment to her mostly stems from "She's the first face I saw when I played my first FE game" so I really just connect to her more because of that. Plus I just like her design, sword style, and I do quite enjoy her backstory, even with how painfully under developed it/she is.

Lyn is absolutely a "She's one of my favorites" rather than "She's one of the best" when it comes to FE for me, I'm not about to deny that.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Don't pick fights you can't win.
Thats why he will die on that hill while being shoot from the other hills
Thats why mountais are a better place to proclaim your opinion, nobody will be able to shoot you

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I got a topic for ya'll.

Eh, what the heck. It's my birthday, so I can spare a little humility; I'm still on board with the idea of Nintendo approaching Sony and crossing their platform fighters over with one another, characters and all.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I got a topic for ya'll.

I admit Mimikyu may suffer the obscure effect. Ghirahim, no comment. Doc Louis looks to be extremely ignored.

Cranky Kong has the best odds out of all of them with how far off even he is.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know, I could probably make a case for all of these being in smash. Especially the second on the bottom.

Also, what are we talking about? I've missed about 10 pages.
Characters that will never get in, and series in Smash that relate to you personally.

D

Deleted member

Woof, that support thread's amateurish...
I wanted to either make a new one or take over it and update the opening post but the user who made it hasn't logged in for 6 months so I can't ask for permission and Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth didn't answer me how something like this should be handled >:^(
How many ghosts in gaming are Iconic? The closest I can think of is Scorpion from Mortal Kombat being a sort of specter. We could get a Ghost Pokemon I guess.

See, I knew I was gonna forget someone.

I hear people actually talk about him.
The most I see is "that'd be cool" but nothing actually serious like any of the current 3rd Party contenders(Geno, Banjo, Phoenix Wright, Dante, etc)
Forrest is one of the few things I genuinely love from Fates.

Forrest, Azura, the soundtrack, and getting to kill Takumi.
Good things about Fates:
-The gameplay
-90% of Conquest's map design
-Forrest

You know they did something right with Forrest when he's in my Top 5 and the next Awakening/Fates character is nowhere near the Top 20.
All of the FE7 Lords are valid shut up

Darth Vader would just be a Ganondorf clone though

D

Deleted member

I got a topic for ya'll.

Biggest pipe dream I got is Kumatora from Mother 3. I'd flip if she ever actually made it. Other longshot ideas I have are DJ Octavio and Dr. Eggman.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know, I could probably make a case for all of these being in smash. Especially the second on the bottom.

Also, what are we talking about? I've missed about 10 pages.
How did I know I'd get a reply from you when I put 2B in. :laugh:

I'd say :ultrobin,if they count, and :ultcorrin: are the worst lords. Don't know much about Ephriam.
Not trying to pick a fight. Just stating my two cents.
Robin's not a lord, but Corrin totally is.

Also fight me. Robin's the best.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't pick battles you can't win.
Ah right.

Ephraim will come and beat me up with four man army while invalidating his sister's reason for existance.

I forgot...

For real though... his personality is done better by Hector. His plot has no darn arc and he ruins his sister's arc by making her efforts pointless. Even the sympathetic villain is made more dickish around him, cause we can't give Ephraim anything that might challenge him.

I frustrated that in an effort to make him cool, they effectively ruin everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom