• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Things I've been consistently saying despite this thread insisting I'm wrong:
Confirmed:
-Loz being full of ****
-Isabelle being unique
-Music Theory being bs

Unconfirmed:
-Box Theory being right

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?

Fixed
end of all tho
Repeat after me: Box. Theory. Is. Bull****.

D

Deleted member

As much as I do like Id (Purpose), the true best FE final chapter song is easily this IMO:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Since it’s possible for a series to get more than one track revealed on the blog, I would love to hear more of the remix from Ridley’s 25 second clip.

EDIT: Music theory is also dead. Cheers, everyone!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
until the blog posts with music and we know if the recent leak is true or not.
Well we have Fire Emblem music up now (which is why we say Music Theory is Dead...sadly...)...but what leak

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Now I can wish for a Mother/EarthBound track without being afraid that it may disconfirm Ninten or Porky.

I'm afraid they won't get in, anyway, but I'd really like it if they were in...

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm waiting to hear that sick Castlevania song that played when Simon and Richter got revealed

Potato_

Smash Lord
Things I've been consistently saying despite this thread insisting I'm wrong:
Confirmed:
-Loz being full of ****
-Isabelle being unique
-Music Theory being bs

Unconfirmed:
-Box Theory being right
I mean if you're going to take credit for this then I guess half the damn thread should also.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How about this, maybe if it didn't sound almost the exact same is the original composition, I wouldn't be as frustrated as I am now. I actually really like the song, and to call this a "remix" is like saying New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is an entirely new game.
The instrumentation, particularly all the woodwind flourishes, is completely different, the choir is notably different, it has a new triumphant intro flourish, and the percussion is markedly stronger.

That and when they inevitably don't put the second half of the song like the botched Smash 4 rip of the song, it'll be justified since it's a remix. :p

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Damn they weren't kidding about that one guy that wanted to make a bunch of FE songs. I think it's hilarious that FE is the first series to get two songs while many others haven't even got one yet. New FE character when?

Also rip music theory you won't be missed

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
End of All, ID Purpose and Twilight of the Gods are all songs that are so goshdarn good I can't put it into words.

And with how good Three House's soundtrack is looking to be from that trailer...at least I know that no matter what happens to the writing, FE is always going to have a killer soundtrack. Gosh I can't wait to hear the final map song from that game. Hopefully it'll get an international release so I won't be tempted to spoil the music for myself.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Who's that?

I was talking about the song, "Another One Bites The Dust", by Queen.
Jojokes.

How about this, maybe if it didn't sound almost the exact same is the original composition, I wouldn't be as frustrated as I am now. I actually really like the song, and to call this a "remix" is like saying New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is an entirely new game.
To me NSMBUDX technically is, since I never got to get the original on Wii U, but that's besides the point.

In the end furniture theory is still left standing.
I say it'll only die when we see Sakurai again.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The instrumentation, particularly all the woodwind flourishes, is completely different, the choir is notably different, it has a new triumphant intro flourish, and the percussion is markedly stronger.

That and when they inevitably don't put the second half of the song like the botched Smash 4 rip of the song, it'll be justified since it's a remix. :p
God I detest how horribly the trimmed up Purpose in 4.

Thank you for reminding me of that literal butcher's job.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
****, I don't even like the music theory, but I really want Xenoblade remix sooner or later.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I would love for this to be one of the newer Sonic stages added sometime, if possible. Labyrinth Zone, to be exact.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I'm lost, whats going on right now? Is there some kind of big revelation or leak or something?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It really feels like the clouds are opening up again. What is this feeling I feel?

Someone tell me!

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Was a bit away, playing crash, someone fill me in on how Music theory is dead. Don't quite follow.. then again wasnt 100% sure what music theory was to begin with.

D

Deleted member

I'm lost, whats going on right now? Is there some kind of big revelation or leak or something?
A second Fire Emblem song was uploaded tonight, putting an end to the Music Theory: A theory that speculated the songs uploaded to the website could be used to determine who was still eligible to be a newcomer. The theory hinged on having only one song per franchise, and that pattern has now been broken.

D

Deleted member

Then why not just show that part on the website like they have done with Gang-Plank Galleon? They have done NOTHING to win over the fact that this "remix" is worth a ****ing damn.

We can talk about how they've re-instrumented the song, but what about motif? Because there clearly isn't any. It's practically just a more clearer and construct version of the original, but for gods sake can they AT LEAST show where the parts are different?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Rip Music Theory, nothing of value was lost.

Anyway, remix sounds good. I remember I used to dislike ID Purpuse. But then I played Awakening, heard it in context, and realized how great it is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It really feels like the clouds are opening up again. What is this feeling I feel?

Someone tell me!
The temporary high before you realize box theory is still alive and is still the most likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom