• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Music Theory is dead.

And Fire Emblem killed it.
Is there a new music theory or something? Last I remember the music theory was that if a music track for a series shows up the series has no new character announced (which i feel is half broken because of the champion steven theme and most likely incineroar joining in). If this is the same theory, how does a fire emblem song disprove it more than it was before?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then why not just show that part on the website like they have done with Gang-Plank Galleon? They have done NOTHING to win over the fact that this "remix" is worth a ****ing damn.

We can talk about how they've re-instrumented the song, but what about motif? Because there clearly isn't any. It's practically just a more clearer and construct version of the original, but for gods sake can they AT LEAST show where the parts are different?
...They did.

Literally everything I just said about the new remix is included in the uploaded snippet.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Then why not just show that part on the website like they have done with Gang-Plank Galleon?

They did.

Sir, I have to actually ask how you missed the remix blatantly skipping the first few parts of the song, the entirely new background instruments and the brand new instrumentation.
but what about motif? Because there clearly isn't any
You're killing me smalls.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Music theory at long last dead

Your next box theory

Oh yea Everybody’s forgetting the one character this saves the most

And it’s good old geno

Your time for smash is coming buddy
(Well aware can still be dlc or not playable again.)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m gonna miss the music theory cause of how long of a lifespan it has and how much hope it gave people...and now Sakurai has killed it
Rip Music Theory, nothing of value was lost.

Anyway, remix sounds good. I remember I used to dislike ID Purpuse. But then I played Awakening, heard it in context, and realized how great it is.
you heartless son of a *****...valuable hope was lost :sadsheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:
Music theory at long last dead

Your next box theory

Oh yea Everybody’s forgetting the one character this saves the most

And it’s good old geno

Your time for smash is coming buddy
(Well aware can still be dlc or not playable again.)
Geno killed a theory to get into Smash

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Depends which one you're talking about...
If you're talking about the remix of Vampire Killer, It's a preexisting remix from a cruddy Castlevania fighting Game on the Wii which redesigned Simon to look like an emo punk kid.
If you are talking about the remix of Bloodlines however, I guess we will have to wait...
Yeah! That's the one, the remix of Vampire Hunter (I know nothing about Castlevania, so I didn't know it was from another game. I thought it was a brand new remix)

Roberk

Smash Champion

Yo where the heck are my Genealogy songs, Sakurai? Why can't short crappy sound-quality songs that need remixes get remixes?

Don't mean to rip on Awakening too much but didn't it have its time in Smash 4? Id Purpose is too good in both sound-quality and composition, it doesn't need a remix. If he wanted a song to correspond to characters in Smash then I would've much preferred something from the Binding Blade soundtrack to modernize something as bad as a GBA song. I'd be fine with the excuse of "The song corresponds with Chrom getting in", but then what was the point of Gear Up For...? This is the real bane of FE oversaturation, getting a ton of stuff but still being disappointing (at least to me).

Oops, I mean MORGAN AS A ROBIN ECHO CONFIRMED HEEELLLL YEAH BOYS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The temporary high before you realize box theory is still alive and is still the most likely scenario.
And then realize there is nothing that makes it more likely than any other theory other than fan perceived patterns, such as Music Theory's.

It ain't dead, but IMO, it's not exactly truth yet, and I wouldn't say it's any likelier than other theories and speculation right now. To each their own, I suppose.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m gonna miss the music theory cause of how long of a lifespan it has and how much hope it gave people...and now Sakurai has killed it
Music Theory gave people hope? How?
It shut down characters from series that already got a song, how does that give people hope?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Like... really....

There are brand new compositions in the remix WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE SECONDS and you people can't tell?

Last edited:

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Woo! Another arbitrary theory out the window! I for one am excited to see more music on the website.

D

Deleted member

Alright fine, I'm wrong. Guess I was expecting too much for them to show that franchises that really do need fixing up in the music department.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Music Theory gave people hope? How?
It shut down characters from series that already got a song, how does that give people hope?
My guess is because they didn't want characters from the series that already had music on the website

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! That's the fee--eeehuuueeehhh.

Maybe with the next character reveal, the box will follow.
Only if we get two unique newcomers. Or an echo that isn't between Palutena and Cloud. Because reminder, Box Theory doesn't say Incineroar and Ken. It's just implied based around the rumors/leaks we have.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I suppose its nice to have the music theory debunked sooner rather than later. It was likely going to end up debunked anyway when the inevitable Pokemon newcomer gets a Sun/Moon remix to go along with it.

Though I'm not really surprised Fire Emblem of all series was the first to have two songs posted. Hopefully we'll get some remixes from other series like Star Fox, Xenoblade, or Sonic. Assuming they even got new remixes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is there a new music theory or something? Last I remember the music theory was that if a music track for a series shows up the series has no new character announced (which i feel is half broken because of the champion steven theme and most likely incineroar joining in). If this is the same theory, how does a fire emblem song disprove it more than it was before?
Fire Emblem already had music, and it just got a second track, so there's no reason another series can't also have two tracks, meaning the second track could be for a newcomer. Therefor, the Music Theory is dead.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Y'know what, I'm convinced at this point that we're probably never gonna get some actual fire music until the next Direct.

WHY Fire Emblem again? THERE WASNT EVEN CREATIVE LIBERTIES FOR **** SAKE. The music showcase has become ****ing lackluster lately, I swear. There probably isn't any new Xenoblade remixes at this point, I've kinda lost all hope.

I don't usually get THIS upset, but for franchises like Sonic or Xenoblade that desperately need fixing up on the music side of things, I'm genuinely frustrated.
This. All of this.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The two FE songs thus far both have different composers, so I'll hold off from yelling about them until I know which one did multiple FE tracks (after looking at what they are, of course).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Only if we get two unique newcomers. Or an echo that isn't between Palutena and Cloud. Because reminder, Box Theory doesn't say Incineroar and Ken. It's just implied based around the rumors/leaks we have.
Who’s between Palutena in cloud if I may ask

Edit nevermind :ultpacman::ultrobin:ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu:

So all we need is shadow the hedgehog and it’s toast

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I suppose its nice to have the music theory debunked sooner rather than later. It was likely going to end up debunked anyway when the inevitable Pokemon newcomer gets a Sun/Moon remix to go along with it.

Though I'm not really surprised Fire Emblem of all series was the first to have two songs posted. Hopefully we'll get some remixes from other series like Star Fox, Xenoblade, or Sonic. Assuming they even got new remixes.
Well, Sakurai does love FE. Maybe he really wanted another song from FE on the site?

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Meta Box Theory. They purposefully designed the box that way so we would make the box theory and put our expectations extraordinarily low so that we'd be even MORE surprised when we get more than 2 fighters.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still want to see this track get a chance in some way. Mega Man simply has godlike music tracks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Box Theory may end up true, however let's not forget the possibility that we may not get all the characters on the box, due to stuff PapaGenos and I believe someone else mentioned (basically the people making the box knew about everyone up to the next reveal, which may be Incineroar and Ken, but didn't know everyone in total as they needed time to print a bunch of boxes and have 'em ready to be shipped).

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Theory theory, we were supposed to have a direct today but sakurai cancelled it because of all the absurd character theories, he didn't want to let the people who found a way to connect Shadow to an October direct down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom