• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Okay so now what are Music Theory diehards gonna come up with so its still a thing
Cause last time they had to institute the "doesn't apply to echoes rule"

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Box Theory Warriors after realizing people have one small speck of hope after another theory is crushed
View attachment 169007
I often feel like doing this anytime any hope against box theory is brought up. But it has more to do with people not understanding box theory and thinking it means Incineroar/Ken and isn't open to other characters etc...
Who’s between Palutena in cloud if I may ask
Off the top of my head the characters that could receive echoes, well Palutena and Cloud could, Ryu with Ken, Robin could get Celica, Pac-Man could get Ms. Pac-Man. That's all I got off the top of my head.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The two FE songs thus far both have different composers, so I'll hold off from yelling about them until I know which one did multiple FE tracks (after looking at what they are, of course).
I think it may be the "Gear up for" guy. ID Purpuse is a very popular song that I can imagine someone else wanting to do, but GUF is more niche.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If the October character is shadow the hedgehog as a sonic echo it’s toast

And we know sonic is on the otherside that’s not between Palutena and cloud

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Well at least we can rest easy with the music theory down. Now let's get a reveal soon to test if we know what's coming due to speculation and 'leaks', or not

D

Deleted member

You got a blank version of that?
You mean the original one? Yeah sure
0a84b849-62ef-4ff0-92c0-5c96777edeae.png

Id~Purpose > End of All

I will die on this hill, dammit.
Then this shall be your Camlann
Got anymore info you would like to give? Will it give us a sheer heart attack?
Well, it's guaranteed to blow your mind!
Repeat after me: Box. Theory. Is. Bull****.
RemindMe!30Days
As much as I do like Id (Purpose), the true best FE final chapter song is easily this IMO:

Not technically a final map but I'll give you that.
I mean if you're going to take credit for this then I guess half the damn thread should also.
I mean, yeah?

D

Deleted member

Box Theory Warriors after realizing people have one small speck of hope after another theory is crushed
View attachment 169007
I still find it interesting some who defend it so heavily say they wish for it to be fake, but when anyone brings up something that could potentially make it seem not as reliable as believed, some want to squash it immediately.

Makes me wonder if they want more characters, or if they just wish to be right.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Grima coming in and destroying the only decent "theory" out there. sigh

Music Theory gave people hope? How?
It shut down characters from series that already got a song, how does that give people hope?
Xenoblade still has no song so it gave me a glimpse of hope in a verg + box theory world

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So is it weird that the blog hasn't officially updated yet? Or am I off by another 50ish mins again?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Of course. How could I be so stupid as to doubt the almighty music theory.
No wait. No hold on a second.
Pokemon got music....

Fire Emblem as we know will be getting not only Chrom but Leif as a newcomer.
WHICH LEADS ME TO MY CONCLUSION.

POKEMON WILL BE GETTING GARDEVIOR AND GOTHITELLE AS AN ECHO IT EVEN SAVES THE BOX THEORY FOLKS

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay so now what are Music Theory diehards gonna come up with so its still a thing
Cause last time they had to institute the "doesn't apply to echoes rule"
As a former music theory believer, I can confirm to you that we believed that the echoes didn't apply...
However after the Steven Battle remix popped up, I instantly ignored the music theory.

"Don't get cocky, it's gonna get rocky!"
- Master onion
Are you reading my mind?
I had Parappa the Rapper music in my head for the entire day...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Grima coming in and destroying the only decent "theory" out there. sigh

Xenoblade still has no song so it gave me a glimpse of hope in a verg + box theory world
I'm sorry, but no.

Music theory killed more than it helped.

"Sorry, your franchise can't have a newcomer, it already had a song on the website. Tough luck Skull Kid, Bandanna Dee, Geno, etc etc etc"

Vergeben doesn't even 'know' all the characters as evident by K.Rool, so in no way should "Only the characters that Verg said and that's it" affect discussion.

D

Deleted member

No wait. No hold on a second.
Pokemon got music....

Fire Emblem as we know will be getting not only Chrom but Leif as a newcomer.
WHICH LEADS ME TO MY CONCLUSION.

POKEMON WILL BE GETTING GARDEVIOR AND GOTHITELLE AS AN ECHO IT EVEN SAVES THE BOX THEORY FOLKS
We've known this for a long time now. Only one questions remains...who is Mario2?

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Hah! Now let's just off the box "theory" once and for all that, even if it turns out to be two characters left, will still be nothing more than coincidence, and we can finally start speculating free of arbitrary rules.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it may be the "Gear up for" guy. ID Purpuse is a very popular song that I can imagine someone else wanting to do, but GUF is more niche.
Nah, Gear Up For was done by its original composer, not an Ultimate staff member. If it was either of the two, it was whomever arranged Id~Purpose.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What's this about Shadow in October?
The Original thought was since we already know through Verg that Incineroar and Ken are in, they MUST fit the box (Not 100% that, but you know)
So Shadow, who's assist is missing, became the hero we needed to help defeat the box

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm sorry, but no.

Music theory killed more than it helped.

"Sorry, your franchise can't have a newcomer, it already had a song on the website. Tough luck Skull Kid, Bandanna Dee, Geno, etc etc etc"

Vergeben doesn't even 'know' all the characters as evident by K.Rool, so in no way should "Only the characters that Verg said and that's it" affect discussion.
Very true. I don't think Incenaroar and Ken are the only ones left (if they're indeed gonna be in). I think there may be one or two more besides them

Potato_

Smash Lord
I mean, yeah?
Only reason I said that was because I thought you were implying it was an unpopular opinion or something that Music theory wasn't true. The "despite this thread insisting I'm wrong" suggested that to me.

I'll give you credit on Isabelle for sure though. Most people here (including me) were certain on echo status.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hah! Now let's just off the box "theory" once and for all that, even if it turns out to be two characters left, will still be nothing more than coincidence, and we can finally start speculating free of arbitrary rules.
As much as id love to get yeeted off Smashboards again because of my position on box theory, i concur with this statement. At least no box theory talk til the next bit of smash news.

Shroob

Sup?
The only thing Music Theory 'helped' was trying to say "Oh, Verg's full of ****" or "Yay, no goddamn Incineroar in Smash!"

Well I got one thing to say, and so does this big guy right here:

11f.png

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I know I'm late but oof big rip for music theory. Bless that composer for making so many goddamn fire emblem remixes.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
We've known this for a long time now. Only one questions remains...who is Mario2?
Well, Mario2 is clearly Mario the 2nd aka Mario Jr aka Mario and Peach's son :p Didn't you know they had a son in Super Mario Bros 8 on the WiiCube64?

D

Deleted member

I still find it interesting some who defend it so heavily say they wish for it to be fake, but when anyone brings up something that could potentially make it seem not as reliable as believed, some want to squash it immediately.

Makes me wonder if they want more characters, or if they just wish to be right.
You really don't know how this whole speculation deal works, right?
"Don't get cocky, it's gonna get rocky!"
- Master onion
I don't need to get a cocky when I already have one
Only reason I said that was because I thought you were implying it was an unpopular opinion or something that Music theory wasn't true. The "despite this thread insisting I'm wrong" suggested that to me.

I'll give you credit on Isabelle for sure though. Most people here (including me) were certain on echo status.
Music theory was anything but unpopular. And considering some people thought the Steven remix put doubt into Verg, that should say enough

D

Deleted member

Well, Mario2 is clearly Mario the 2nd aka Mario Jr aka Mario and Peach's son :p Didn't you know they had a son in Super Mario Bros 8 on the WiiCube64?
WiiCube64 representation has been lacking, so that makes sense.

D

Deleted member

You really don't know how this whole speculation deal works, right?
Oh, I do. I just find it interesting one would hope for less content for the sake of bragging rights. I personally don't get it, but hey, to each their own. I just wish box theory people were at least willing to entertain the arguments made against it, as there are plenty that have just as much validity as the arguments made for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom