• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
D

Deleted member

Please, point me to the factual evidence that inarguably proved that these things are fact and cannot be argued with.

I believe the box is one of many outcomes. However, like most theories without any actual evidence, they are supported by nothing other than personal belief. It could prove true...just like Music Theory could have. Wasn't the argument for Music Theory that "Of course the songs were designed that way", and, "There was an obvious pattern", and so on? We cannot say arguments against it cause false expectations when there is no evidence for either side right now.

I have no problem with someone believing the box, I just think it's a shame that some feel the need to shove it in people's faces. There is no current fact to support it, so I see no need to treat it as truth right now, only one of possible theories.
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You literally did not provide any counterarguments to the theory, instead, all you did was ask for evidence that has been said a number of times and say thag because of it it's only a Game Theory™

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Push: "I want SourceGaming to be viewed as a respected Smash Bros news outlet. Professionalism is key."

Also Push: "Let's all laugh at this idiot."

Yikes.
its his personal twitter, what did you expect? lol

Iridium

Smash Hero
Most hype-killing music selection they could've picked.

Fire Emblem's just gonna take over the whole damn game eventually.
We're going to need 30 more characters, 150 new tracks, 25 stages, and more before I can say we got there. I wouldn't mind this, though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I personally disagree to a point.

The only thing that Verg has more or less solidified in Speculation is "Ken, Incineroar and a 2nd SE rep."

Considering his track record with Echos and K.Rool, people are more than free to continue speculating on other characters, he doesn't know everything.
Yeah, but in conjunction with the box theory, it's hard to believe in anything else being true. Unless they for some reason entirely scrap the box design, I can't help but feel that yeah, that's the way the box is going to look, with the 2nd Squeenix rep probably being DLC.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, but in conjunction with the box theory, it's hard to believe in anything else being true. Unless they for some reason entirely scrap the box design, I can't help but feel that yeah, that's the way the box is going to look, with the 2nd Squeenix rep being DLC.
The thing is, unless the 2nd SE character is DLC, Verg and Box can't really co-exist, IMO at least.

I don't think it is, but that's just my feel on the matter.

Chrono.

I personally disagree to a point.

The only thing that Verg has more or less solidified in Speculation is "Ken, Incineroar and a 2nd SE rep."

Considering his track record with Echos and K.Rool, people are more than free to continue speculating on other characters, he doesn't know everything.
That's why he said it's both Verg and the box.

Of course, that's only for the base roster, people are still free to speculate DLC as they wish since that's a more unknown territory.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What about evolution? Gravity? Relativity? Box? :troll:

Hey Yoshi's Island is a legit tax haven (if 'legit' tax haven is even a thing)
Yeah, they don't even have taxes there for anyone to pay, so I guess it makes sense why Yoshi would rather evade taxes anywhere. LOL

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
B theory: the missing characters on the side of the Box are Big Boss and Big Daddy from Bioshock.

EDIT: Stop editing out my memes, Smashboards.

There are thousands of users on this board and you found the only other one who knows that band lol :yoshi:
I like their cover of For Whomst the Bell Tolls... and Feuer Frei.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Current Mood:

Anyway, here's a minigame: pick three newcomers you want in and try to fit all three into around a lyrical song that isn't from a video game.

Examples:

Geno+Skull Kid+Shadow = "Shooting Stars" Bag Raiders
Shantae+Waluigi+Chorus Kids = "Just Dance" David Bowie
Incineroar+Ken+Venom Snake = "Disco Inferno" The Trammps
Love me some minigames.
Thwomp × Doomguy ÷ Banjo & Kazooie = Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger (Heroes from classic games and a rock)

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Could the music being posted early be the work of intern-kun?

And, yeah, a lot of fan made theories stifle speculation. Just because the music theory was the worst offender doesn't mean the Box Theory doesn't dry up discussion either.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
One thing I don't get with people fighting the box theory back at this late in the game, is boxes and theories aside, I don't expect more than 2 more unique newcomers. There's just not enough time to reveal them realistically.

Could happen, but I do think 2 more unique newcomers is our max and I really don't see the point of arguing 1 more or 2 more...

Edit: Also really dissapointed that no one is talking about how my health/sports day theory is also debunked. I spent a whole 2 minutes thinking of it this morning, for shame everyone.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright if y'all want something against Box Theory that could be valid, watch this video by PapaGenos; specifically, start around the 9:58 mark, or simply 11:29 I dunno:

Personally I only see 1-3 more characters after Incineroar and Ken, but still. Box Theory may be true, but I see this as possible as well. I'm just tired of it seeming forced against speculation all in the sake of tempering expectations as if people won't be disappointed either way.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I swear, we're going to get the protagonist of FE17 before we get my iaijutsu user.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
My list is the same as yours for roughly the same reasons. To add some hypothetical companies...

Ubisoft: Kill any characters you like, just pls add Rayman--he's sad as a trophy.
Capcom: Okay, you can kill off Mega Man, but we get to be the final veteran reveal.
Konami: Wha? We were gone? Sorry bout that. You only get one unique newcomer tho.
Namco: I mean we're helping to make the game, but we still won't make it easy.
Microsoft: We need any good publicity we can get.
Sega: *grumble grumble* Have our mascot, sure, but here's the precise specifications.
Activision: We now own some pretty iconic characters--if you want them, maybe we'll lend them. Maybe.
Disney: We'd be on board, just give us lots of money. No Mickey Mouse (probably).
Square Enix: What? You want more songs? Play Final Fantasy VII on Switch instead.
Sony: GTFO
Bethedsa: You can have Doom Slayer, unless a bajillion copies of Skyrim are finally sold on the Switch...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Sakurai is indeed right about there being "Not as many newcomers" three more do fit pretty well.

64::ultinkling:, 13e::ultdaisy:, 65::ultridley:, 25e::ultchrom:, 04e::ultdarksamus:, 66::ultsimon:, 66e::ultrichter:, 67::ultkrool:, 68::ultisabelle:, 69: Incineroar, 60e: Ken, 70: Geno, Steve? or Banjo

That'd be 11 then including echos who knows though maybe we could even get a fourth in the form of 38e: Shadow making that 12 still less then previous installments and at the same time reference to how many characters that were in the original N64 game.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Bethedsa: You can have Doom Slayer, unless a bajillion copies of Skyrim are finally sold on the Switch...
Nah, Skyrim's gonna be Bethesda's no. 1 push.

... No you heard me right, not the Dovahkiin, an actual Nintendo Switch copy of Skyrim as a playable character. All the voicelines are just Todd Howard saying "Buy my game." Final Smash crashes the game and opens the eshop menu.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yoshi's Island is the ideal ancap society :yoshi:
No doubt about it.

Love me some minigames.
Thwomp × Doomguy ÷ Banjo & Kazooie = Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger (Heroes from classic games and a rock)
Speaking of mini-games, I had an idea called Smashketball, where there are teams of two or four, you start at 300% damage, and you are in a room with one moving hoop and the walls prevent anyone from being KOed. To win the game, you must score points by knocking members of the other team into the hoop, which go higher slowly as time goes by. The hoop also goes faster as time flies by, making things seem more chance based. Bumpers and other items are around to make this more of a challenge. What do you all think?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Anyway, here's a minigame: pick three newcomers you want in and try to fit all three into around a lyrical song that isn't from a video game.
I'll play along!

Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Skull Kid - Long Away by Queen
Geno - "Hurry put your troubles in a suitcase Come let the new child play Lonely as a whisper on a star chase I'm leaving here, I'm long away "
Banjo & Kazooie - "Take heart, my friend, we love you Though it seems like you're alone A million lights above you Smile down upon your home "
Skull Kid - "Wake up in the morning with a good face Stare at the moon all day Lonely as a whisper on a star chase Does anyone care anyway "

I like this game!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Get this naruto **** outta my smash

I dunno man, this Sakurai guys sounds real phony
How about we add a Naruto character and more Naruto characters just to tick off the ones who don't like the idea, including you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom