• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Music Theory gave people hope? How?
It shut down characters from series that already got a song, how does that give people hope?
It gave people hope for newcomers from :ultdk::ultvillager::ultpit::ultfox::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultshulk::ultness: (sure :ultlink::ultryu::ultpikachu::ultkirby: would’ve been shut down, but would’ve still had echoes or dlc)...now those who want Viridi/Medusa, Shadow/Tails, Ninten, some sort of Star Fox character, Jeanne, and so on from series most people either don’t want or don’t think will happen lose the closest thing to credible source some had...while others will have just less proof

So unless you were someone who wanted a character from a series who had music released, it gave hope for the smaller guys and gals of the Smash community while everyone else went for the bigger guns like :ultridley::ultkrool:, Geno, Gen 7 Pokémon, and so on

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Alright if y'all want something against Box Theory that could be valid, watch this video by PapaGenos; specifically, start around the 9:58 mark, or simply 11:29 I dunno:

Personally I only see 1-3 more characters after Incineroar and Ken, but still. Box Theory may be true, but I see this as possible as well. I'm just tired of it seeming forced against speculation all in the sake of tempering expectations as if people won't be disappointed either way.
If those 1-3 characters aren't Decidueye and Primarina, then Incineroar can **** off.

Is that good or bad?
Depends on how much you like anime waifus. nvm Idon Idon answered your question for me.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It gave people hope for newcomers from :ultdk::ultvillager::ultpit::ultfox::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultshulk::ultness: (sure :ultlink::ultryu::ultpikachu::ultkirby: would’ve been shut down, but would’ve still had echoes or dlc)...now those who want Viridi/Medusa, Shadow/Tails, Ninten, some sort of Star Fox character, Jeanne, and so on from series most people either don’t want or don’t think will happen lose the closest thing to credible source some had...while others will have just less proof

So unless you were someone who wanted a character from a series who had music released, it gave hope for the smaller guys and gals of the Smash community while everyone else went for the bigger guns like :ultridley::ultkrool:, Geno, Gen 7 Pokémon, and so on
But those characters could still be in, Music Theory changed nothing about their chances. Positively or Negatively.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hey anyone remember the gamestop over 100 characters nonsense from awhile back, well since then i been brainstorming on how that would even be possible and, to make a long story short, after a few weeks i basically just gave up and filled it with echoes.

100rosterbutwithalotofechoes.png
so having 100 characters isnt TOTALLY impossible but alot of clones.

D

Deleted member

Even though you did say keep it out of Smash. Couldn't resist, either way. :p
The joke flew right over ya head

This "credible source" doesn't actually change the end result. It being wrong just prevents unnecessary false expectations

Enchess

Smash Lord
Music Theory gave people hope? How?
It shut down characters from series that already got a song, how does that give people hope?
Nobody is willing to even consider the chances of smaller series like Golden Sun normally. Eliminating the big or already represented franchises from consideration is the only way people here are even open to the possibility of anything else.

See: me repeatedly being told that I should give up on hoping for another Nintendo IP (yes, I know it's unlikely, and yes, this is a disappointing roster if we don't get it)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Depends on how much you like giant distracting bosoms.
For me, I'd prefer they stay smaller than the head of the owner.
But you just admitted they were distracting.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey anyone remember the gamestop over 100 characters nonsense from awhile back, well since then i been brainstorming on how that would even be possible and, to make a long story short, after a few weeks i basically just gave up and filled it with echoes.

View attachment 169018 so having 100 characters isnt TOTALLY impossible but alot of clones.
Pft, having 100 characters is easy.

Gamestop never said they were playable characters

AugustusB

Smash Champion
New Theory Time! -Hero/Villain Theory- (Good guy then Bad guy)

All unique newcomers revealed are in order as Hero's and Villains (Inkling then Ridley then Simon/Richter then K. Rool then Isabelle then...???)

There, I replaced the music theory! :4pacman:

(Credit to Skull Kid Support Thread)

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

View attachment 169018 so having 100 characters isnt TOTALLY impossible but alot of clones.
It was a fake deviantart mockup that a gamestop employee foolishly thought was real.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New Theory Time! -Hero/Villain Theory-

All unique newcomers revealed are in order as Hero's and Villains (Inkling then Ridley then Simon/Richter then K. Rool then Isabelle then...???)

Watch that 69 is Medusa appearing as a semi-clone to Palutena. :p

I can dream...

Chrono.

>Makes Tails an echo
>But makes Shadow unique

I can't belief youve done this.

Enchess

Smash Lord

"Bring the roster to 100" challenge has rolled a round a few times. If you do a search you'll find a number of 100 character rosters that don't have clones or echoes at all. You don't even need to go into 3rd parties or make any series overrepresented to do it.

The possible characters isn't the issue at all. There are an excess of interesting Nintendo characters from series not well represented if at all. It's just development time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How would Tails alone even be a semi-clone to Sonic in the first place?

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not too knowledgeable about Sonic so do inform me about some info I may not know.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But you just admitted they were distracting.

Hey man, if you flashed yaoi in front of me, I'm gonna find it distracting.
Dooooooesn't exactly mean I'll be into it.

... Speaking of which, boy is looking for Smash fanart of Ike a not safe for work activity.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
How the ****...

Some people are literally expecting more than 3-4 additions to the game?? Well this officially confirms that either some guys are just trolls or they just wont believe anything until december 7, even if you throw hard facts.

Smash community in a nutshell.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey man, if you flashed yaoi in front of me, I'm gonna find it distracting.
Dooooooesn't exactly mean I'll be into it.

... Speaking of which, boy is looking for Smash fanart of Ike a not safe for work activity.
I know. I'm just teasing. :troll:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How the ****...

Some people are literally expecting more than 3-4 additions to the game?? Well this officially confirms that either some guys are just trolls or they just wont believe anything until december 7, even if you throw hard facts.

Smash community in a nutshell.
I take it you believe in the box theory then?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
While I could whip up a few arguments as to why the music theory isn't really dead, I'll just let it be for now. I'm just glad that we don't have to get in a frenzy every Tuesday about it and still have people go "music theory, what's that"? For its consistency, evidence, and longevity, it's surprising that so many people were still clueless as to what the music theory was since there are still people asking about it. No offense to those people, but if you are in the speculation scene and "haven't heard about it yet" then you've been living under a rock.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obviously it means that Celica will be revealed later tonight and since it's Awakening music, she'll have her Awakening design. /s
That's some real Monkey's Paw stuff right there. :|

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Verge and Box Theory are outright incompatible, especially after Verge endorsed the Hitagi leak with Steve in it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
OKAY, BUT FOR REAL;
LOOK AT THIS **** AND TELL ME THIS ISN'T THE HYPEST ANIME GARBAGE YOU'VE SEEN ALL DAY.

That was kinda boring honestly.

I feel like I've seen the same idea done better.

Potato_

Smash Lord
New Theory Time! -Hero/Villain Theory-

Oh you got some balls mentioning "hero and villain" and "theory" in the same sentence in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom