• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Every single smash bros theory should just die immediately, because none of them are true. Y'all always get proven wrong anyways when you use them.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Turns out all your theories...

You tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter.

NineS

Smash Lord
I've never heard of either of these people. Is one of them a "leaker"?
None of them leakers. The one I'm talking of is mimique,

Here's a list of things Mimique has gotten right before reveal made by another user.

Here's a list of things Mimique has predicted that came true:

8:27am - June 12th the morning of the day Ridley was revealed:
"summoning ridley with my brain".

July 16th:
"i thought we agreed on dark samus echo"

July 25th:
" a traditional fighting super bar would be fun"
"also they balanced final smashes for some f***ing reason i hope they expand on special smashes or something and add like"
"and a mode with super bars and also make them online compatible but not default"
" I thinkbelmont will probably be in the game."

August 3rd:
"rathalos assist"

Not sure when they said this one but it was before the direct revealing Ashley as an assist trophy.
"ashley isnt getting in"

August 5th:
"PREDICTION FOR SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE:
there's gonna be a trailer were it's the robin smash 4 trailer but then chrom gets up and the splash message will be "CHROM GET'S HIS CHANCE" and hes an echo and literally nobody will be happy but it's the most sakurai thing possible"
They weren't exactly right on this one but they did predict Chrom being an echo.

August 7th:
"Not saying he'll be at the smash direct (he probably will) but K.Rool's mii fighter costume specifically used original assets and even chose and older design specifically to appeal to smash

now imagine if they catered to k.rool fans that much and he wasnt playable".

1:24 am - August 8th
"chrom"
None are leakers, but Mimique is scarily accurate and on point with what she usually says.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well technically Fire Emblem didn't get a new character.
But it already got a song.
Doesn't one of the rules of Music theory state that each series gets one song on the blog, so series that already have songs won't get newcomers?

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
That Id Purpose remix is great.

And since the can be more than one track per series on the site, I hope that means that we can get the remixes for Woodman Stage, Divine Bloodlines, Parasite Queen, and Termina Field.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Its a cool song but I wanted to hear something I haven't heard before. That song was on Chrom's reveal trailer.
Not only we won't get a direct with new info this week. We won't even get a new song from the blog. Oh woes.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
None of them leakers. The one I'm talking of is mimique,

Here's a list of things Mimique has gotten right before reveal made by another user.

None are leakers, but Mimique is scarily accurate and on point with what he/she usually says.
Oh thanks for this :) So what is he saying now? Anything?

Untouch

Smash Master
So, the Music Theory and Box Theory are now dead, so what now? I guess I'll just look at Incineroar in awe more than I already did...
This has absolutely nothing to do with the box theory, if anything it boosts it.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
But just because his AT is missing doesn't 100% confirm anything. Where are you getting this confidence from? Is it wishful thinking?
Duh, doesn't his lack of an AT plus the whole adding-fan-requested-characters and "Heroes and villains" thing not convince you? I personally have no doubt that shadow is coming to this game. Sonic needs more reps, anyway.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also, don't blame DLC, blame the people too lazy to learn to how to play around DLC
I said nah because I disagree with the notion that someone could magically do something to revive Smash 4's competitive scene.

And no, I am going to blame DLC. People HAVE been learning to play around DLC characters. They've been doing so for 2 years because their livelihood kinda DEPENDS on it. The issue is when playing around that DLC becomes how the meta is defined. When your meta devolves to "do you stand a chance against this one character? If not pick someone else" then yeah, less and less people will want to play or watch your game.

NineS

Smash Lord
Oh thanks for this :) So what is he saying now? Anything?
Mimique says she's confident we're getting a new smash announcement this week, and she's confident that it will end up revealing Skull Kid as a fighter, and some info on Spirits mode. She originally said it was going to be today, but she now says it might actually be on Friday.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Its a cool song but I wanted to hear something I haven't heard before. That song was on Chrom's reveal trailer.
Not only we won't get a direct with new info this week. We won't even get a new song from the blog. Oh woes.
Not necessarily, Isabelle was revealed on a Thursday, and the AC track didn't pop up until the Tuesday after.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Duh, doesn't his lack of an AT plus the whole adding-fan-requested-characters and "Heroes and villains" thing not convince you? I personally have no doubt that shadow is coming to this game. Sonic needs more reps, anyway.
Heroes vs Villains was never a thing. It was brought up by Loz18 because he was seen as a reliable leaker. Then he crashed and burned.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yes! The Id Purpose remix!

Also, we finally get a second song from a franchise we've already seen, nice!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I was always kinda Iffy on the music theory, but once the Pokémon Champion theme was uploaded, I was convinced the theory was a load of bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom