• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Why do you like Doc Mario so much StarLight42 StarLight42
Mario's my favorite character in Smash, but I don't really want to play as just Mario, so when Doc showed up in Melee, he was an insta-main for me.

I was pretty hurt when he was cut in Brawl. I didn't understand why other characters such as Toon Link, Wolf, or Lucas were allowed to be in when he was not. (I didn't understand the whole concept of clones back then)

I never expected him to return after this, so I campaigned for Paper Mario in SSB4 instead, but then at the end of the hype cycle, the ESRB leak happened with Dr. Mario appearing on it, my hype was set to MAX!

He...turned out to be a pretty bad character, and none of the balance updates helped him. I still mained him though because even as a huge fan of Super Mario Sunshine, I don't really like Mario's FLUDD move at all. I much prefer the tornado.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Eh, I’d switch the first two tbh. A Banko stage w a cameo. I’d prefer we have Steve over Banjo. Ideally we would have both, and we might just yet, but I’d choose Steve for his game’s success and recognizability.
For all we know Steve might make Base while Banjo makes DLC. It'd be win-win then for both sides.

Meanwhile Master Chief still gets in too...but as a Mii costume. :p

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
God, just get rid of FLUDD already...Super Mario Sunshine: The Sonic Adventure of Mario games...

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
It’s not even Tuesday yet for some people, we can’t assume there’ll only be two character blog posts. For all you know every post this week will have a character.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
You know, I wouldn't mind if had like 2 newcomers left. The roster is already perfect.

All it needs is Leon Kennedy, Dante, Sora, and Ryu Hayabusa and it'll be perfect.
So I’ve been thinking about how cool Leon Kennedy would be, but I always have trouble imagining a move set for him that works for Smash, mainly because of realistic guns. I’m not saying it’s impossible to come up with a move set based on Resident Evil mechanics, but I’m personally stumped on how Sakurai would make it work if he did add Leon. Do you have any ideas on how he could work?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
God, just get rid of FLUDD already...Super Mario Sunshine: The Sonic Adventure of Mario games...
I wonder if I'm the only one thinking FLUDD would had worked better as an item then part of Mario's moveset...

Same with how I think we should had gotten the Coconut Gun rather then the Banana Gun.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Is this a bad thing? Sonic Adventure was the only formula of modern Sonic I've ever really enjoyed, although nothing really has the charm to me of the traditional series.

Also I think FLUDD is just fun.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, I was certain they'd put in a Cappy toss (well more than just a taunt)

I was hoping they were gonna trash FLUDD's winbox over giving Mario a downB that threw out a stationary projectile and recovery option. Maybe even when the hat is out, turn his new down B into the baseball slide.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
I just want them to announce a direct for sometime next week, talk about everything left to show off in the game, then announce an online demo for November. And to be speaking truthfully, I don't feel this game needs DLC at all, I think there is plenty of content as is (maybe even a bit more than plenty), but I know it will happen due to fan demand.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't feel this game needs DLC at all, I think there is plenty of content as is (maybe even a bit more than plenty), but I know it will happen due to fan demand.
Well that's the case for every single game.
No game "needs" DLC, but for people that want more out of their game and have the money, DLC's a great way to make a game people like even better.

It's at least better than releasing iterative sequels which split the community up more often than not.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey...how about no to that
It’s not even Tuesday yet for some people, we can’t assume there’ll only be two character blog posts. For all you know every post this week will have a character.
That’s a no to that if I ain’t getting my weekly dose of Smash Ultimate music sampling

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, we all basically know each other's most wanted fighters. But what about echoes?
Who's your most wanted Echo?

I want Roll as an echo of Mega Man, as a fun reference to Marvel VS. Capcom.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I hope we get an EarthBound track tomorrow.

inb4 I end up saying that every week until release.

So, we all basically know each other's most wanted fighters. But what about echoes?

I want Roll as an echo of Mega Man. A fun reference to Marvel VS. Capcom.
Louie for Olimar.

I'd say Ninten, but I feel he should be a semi-clone.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

If anything wouldn't Bass make more sense as an echo. He's to Mega Man as Shadow is to Sonic.

Then again I never played Mega Man so I couldn't tell how Roll plays...

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I... really wasn't suggesting that, at all. Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite Mario game, and Sonic Adventure is...probably my favorite Sonic game, so i'm not sure if you were replying to me or not but I don't agree with this

Even if Mario didn't have his FLUDD move, i'd most likely prefer Doc still

Regardless, I think a much better way to represent Sunshine would've been a Shades + Shirt combo from Odyssey as one of his alts, like the wedding and builder outfits.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, completely ignore how Zeraora fights more like Wolf than Lucario.

Lucario and Mewtwo are the same body type.
Does that mean Lucario should be an Echo of Mewtwo?
But don't you know? Lucario has Aura Sphere which is similar to Shadow Ball! That must mean Lucario replaced Mewtwo sense they're clones!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Well Shadow and Viridi have been a both for me...so the answer stays the same

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
FLUDD is a kinda underrated move. It's not really central to why Mario is good, but it can really mess with worse recoveries pretty badly and as a niche play can just gain you some stage space sometimes which is kinda nice on a character with short limbs like Mario. It's at least more useful than Doctor Tornado which is frankly not a good move in any way at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Raichu as an echo of Pikachu.
1. It'd be kind of cool to have a whole evolutionary line as playable characters.
2. Raichu needs some love.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
FLUDD is a kinda underrated move. It's not really central to why Mario is good, but it can really mess with worse recoveries pretty badly and as a niche play can just gain you some stage space sometimes which is kinda nice on a character with short limbs like Mario. It's at least more useful than Doctor Tornado which is frankly not a good move in any way at all.
I just don't like how it does no damage at all. It feels like too technical of a move for such a basic character like Mario.

Like I said earlier, my much more preferred way of Sunshine representation would've been a Shades + Shirt combo as an alt for Mario.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Impa as a Shiek echo.

I actually would prefer Impa to be a Shiek clone rather than a unique character because I think the Hyrule Warriors gigantic sword is kind of dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom