• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I've got heat for sharing my preferred Pokemon games before, but here goes:

DPP (HGSS here too) > RSE > XY > SuMo > GSC (B2W2 would probably fit here) > RBY > BW >>>>> ORAS & USUM

Edit: Forgot HGSS

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... just randomly curious.
What are everyone's overall thoughts on Echo fighters?

I personally really like them, as they do not take up too much development time, but they still make fans happy. Never thought I'd see the day that Daisy and Chrom would get in Smash, but it arrived.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

I personally really like them, as they do not take up too much development time, but they still make fans happy. Never thought I'd see the day that Daisy and Chrom would get in Smash, but it arrived.
I've neve rhad an issue with "clones" so I'm more than happy to see them rebranded as Echo Fighters and have a more positive reception. There is literally no downside to their existence and they make the roster look much cooler with characters you may not see otherwise.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

They're the same thing as clones but labeled differently. Nothing else.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think I can choose a favorite Pokemon game.

I will say that Cynthia's champion battle theme is my favorite so far, though Diantha's sounds nice as well, and I also like the others...

...crap.

I like them, too, though I don't have much to say about them.

Just make Ninten a semi-clone pls.

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

I think they're alright, they have no serious impact on the game's development and its nice padding.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I think they're necessary as like clones or semi-clones that they save up data and don't take up as much time allowing more characters to be added.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

They're lazy wastes of character potential meant to satisfy people with low standards and only want their characters technically in than be meaningful and unique additions to the roster.

I would rather they didn't get in now if they could be added again later as at least semi-unique.

Even Dragonball FighterZ with its 4 Gokus play differently.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I was fine with clones before and i'm fine with them now.
I got HI I'M DAISY out of it so i'm pretty content.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've got heat for sharing my preferred Pokemon games before, but here goes:

DPP (HGSS here too) > RSE > XY > SuMo > GSC (B2W2 would probably fit here) > RBY > BW >>>>> ORAS & USUM

Edit: Forgot HGSS
DPP, B2W2 and HGSS >> SuMo > ORAS > RSE > GSC > BW > USUM > RBY >> XY
Fun Fact: White 2 was my first Pokemon game I ever played.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This really isn't the place for ranking Pokémon games.

Especially when you put them in the wrong order.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Game: Put a list of characters to complete 80!
And add 5 Echoes.

I will Start:

69- Geno
70- Isaac
71- Incineroar
72- Steve
73- Agumon
74- Crash Bandicoot
75- Banjo & Kazooie
76- Klonoa
77- Bandana Dee
78- Sora
79- Doomguy
80- Skull Kid

Echoes:

Shadow, BlackShadow, Ken, Octoling and Felix
Hmm... okay.

69 - Gardevoir
70 - Incineroar
71 - Isaac
72 - Bandana Waddle Dee
73 - Crash Bandicoot
74 - Hector
75 - Black Knight
76 - Agumon
77 - Nightmare
78 - Tifa Lockhart
79 - Sephiroth
80 - Geno

ε - Pachirisu, Shadow, Ken, Felix, Coco

tylerfoxorwhatever

Smash Rookie

Like Danpal65 said, I also never had an issue with clones, and I'm glad they are now seen in a more positive light.

D

Deleted member

I like clones, and I think they are fine. Even if they have the same moveset.
They are still different.
This really isn't the place for ranking Pokémon games.

Especially when you put them in the wrong order.
Can you show me your order then, even if this is not really the place to rank it?
The moderators seem to not care.

Just try to add a topic about Smash in there too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They're lazy wastes of character potential meant to satisfy people with low standards and only want their characters technically in than be meaningful and unique additions to the roster.

I would rather they didn't get in now if they could be added again later as at least semi-unique.
People enjoying echoes isn't a sign of them having low standards.

Just enjoy your party games, folks.

tylerfoxorwhatever

Smash Rookie

Even Dragonball FighterZ with its 4 Gokus play differently.
Jesus.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Fitting that we went from Wii Fit Trainer, an aerobics instructor to Dr. Mario who checks to see how healthy you are.

He isn't even a licensed doctor BTW.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

I like the idea of Echo Fighters, especially since each of the newer ones have unique animations compared to their originals. I never had an issue with clones either though, even as far back as Melee, so having an official designation for them is cool.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Would you rather have 1 more unique instead of 6 Echo fighters, Therfore making the rooster smaller? I don't even think there would be enough development time to focus on one newcomer, compared to 6 Echoes

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The only echoes I personally want are Louie and maybe President as I can't imagine him having different moves, except maybe different normals and he'd be heavier? Though Louie could have different normals as well; I suppose Alph could be an echo, but I'd like to see him use Rock Pikmin, plus he's already an alt. for Olimar.

For Ninten and Dixie Kong, I'd prefer if they were semi-clones.

Welp gg, no announcement this week
wat.

They didn't announce it on the blog last time :S

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
  1. Gold/Silver/Crystal
  2. XY
  3. Red/Blue/Yellow
  4. Black/White
  5. Emerald
  6. Platinum
  7. Diamond/Pearl
  8. Ruby/Sapphire
  9. B2/W2
  10. Sun/Moon/US/UM
Excluded the remakes, but; HeartGold/SoulSilver >> FireRed/LeafGreen >>>>>>> Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

They're a double-edged sword for me.

On one hand, characters who probably never would've had another shot to get in Smash are given a second chance (Chrom and DS), but there's also that feeling of dread when you realize some of your favorite characters could potentially end up as pure clones for the rest of their existence in Smash (Dixie and Shadow).

I'm glad Isabelle isn't a clone, but it pains me to see Daisy stuck as that stupid, redundant Peach clone people have always labeled her as.

D

Deleted member

I hate how Dark Samus is going to force me to stack echoes just to have the N64 cast uninterrupted.

Otherwise, I don't care either way.

Blog post is Dr Mario.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't even think there would be enough development time to focus on one newcomer, compared to 6 Echoes
6 clones in Melee didn't equal the work of one unique newcomer, and echoes are less different overall.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I used to be opposed to echoes because I thought they were lazy, but then when we learned that echoes can have their own unique moves and is pretty much the only way Shadow could get in the game, I became much more ok with them.

I'd rather have an expanded roster with more characters and some of them being echoes than fewer characters and no echoes. Obviously we'd all prefer more unique fighters than echoes but time and resources are finite so their existence is an acceptable compromise to me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Pretty much the same as when they were in Smash 4, Brawl, Melee (especially Melee), and 64 before they lacked the special distinction.

I don't find super derivative characters particularly interesting, and by their nature those, typically, are the kind destined to be clones. Plus, the bar for becoming a clone is lower than a standard character. If they were truly integral, they'd eventually get in as original. But hey, more characters.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Game: Put a list of characters to complete 80!
And add 5 Echoes.

I will Start:

69- Geno
70- Isaac
71- Incineroar
72- Steve
73- Agumon
74- Crash Bandicoot
75- Banjo & Kazooie
76- Klonoa
77- Bandana Dee
78- Sora
79- Doomguy
80- Skull Kid

Echoes:

Shadow, BlackShadow, Ken, Octoling and Felix
69. Incineroar
70. Steve
71. Rex and Pyra/Mythra
72. Spring Man
73. Skull Kid
74. Medusa
75. Bandana Dee
76. Issac
77. Chorus Boys
78. Geno
79. Travis Touchdown
80. Banjo Kazooie

Echoes: Shadow, Ribbon Girl, Ken, Octoling, and Felix.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
69-Misty (pokemon trainer alike or even fighting herself in the stage using water pkmn)
70-Banjo-Kazooie
71-Chun-li
72-Ashley
73-Shovel Knight
74-Midna & wolf Link
75-Waluigi
76-Heihachi
77-Jill Valentine
78-Springman
79-Excite Bike in pixel
80-Rayman

Echoes: Medusa (Palutena), Leon Kennedy (Jill), Ken (Ryu), Ribbon Girl (Springman), Dixie Kong (Heavily changed Diddy)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People enjoying echoes isn't a sign of them having low standards.

Just enjoy your party games, folks.
Oh, I'll enjoy it.
I'll just enjoy it... with a smidgen of disappointment.
Would you rather have 1 more unique instead of 6 Echo fighters, Therfore making the rooster smaller? I don't even think there would be enough development time to focus on one newcomer, compared to 6 Echoes
First of all, yes.

Buuuut
Second of all, even with resources from echoes being diverted to a unique or semi-unique newcomer, there probably wouldn't be enough. My issue is purely as a waste of character potential than one of resources misspent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom