• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
LaxChris' actions on YouTube are his own business. This isn't really productive at all as a discussion, so drop the talk about his channel, please.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
No, I absolutely mean it. He literally does this everyday and I'm almost positive he actually believes them. He even made a Livestream of him waiting for the video of one of the leaks.
The fact that you know this is why he continues to do this. His videos get views by doing the things that he does. People who don't like it are all too willing to spread it, exacerbating the situation and giving him more views. Literally just ignore him if you hate his content so much. It's none of our business if he likes to believe every leak he comes across.

EDIT: Missed mod comment. Final comment on the situation then.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This isn't realistic because they have 59 days of marketing and no matter how you put it, characters are what people come to Smash for.
Why drop the finale 2 months in advance.
Then again it could just be Incineroar and Shadow as a response of those two things then Ken and Geno in November. My bad I should had been more clear about that.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Your reaction to this: The final Smash Direct ends and the screen fades to black when suddenly you hear "What a dream... This isn't a dream! Where am I? Oh, boy."

KMDP

Smash Legend
You should of not
I see this a lot, and if you'll allow me a few seconds to be a Grammar Nazi: it's "Should've" not "Should of", as in "Should have".

Not singling you out specifically on purpose, Shiny. I just picked now to point this out. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I see this a lot, and if you'll allow me a few seconds to be a Grammar Nazi: it's "Should've" not "Should of", as in "Should have".

Not singling you out specifically on purpose, Shiny. I just picked now to point this out. :laugh:
Thank you! :)
My brain mixed that up.
Sora waking in Traverse Town quote
Sora is the 70th character in Smash Bros. Ultimate after Skull Kid and if I am right, I will eat my shoes while being happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Your reaction to this: The final Smash Direct ends and the screen fades to black when suddenly you hear "What a dream... This isn't a dream! Where am I? Oh, boy."
balling

been playing a ton of kh lately so sounds good

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
My Spirits mode idea:

(Yes inspired by FighterZ somewhat, but it got me thinking about modes Smash has and it ends up being a mash-up of nearly all of them somehow!!!)

So you enter the mode. Huzzah! You have 8 starting characters for now and your goal is to unlock characters by rescuing them to add to that collection! How does it work, well...

You enter a board game environment similar to FighterZ's story mode, but instead of it being a linear grind mess, it is a lot more flexible: with different paths that give out different goodies. You have stat boosts to increase your strength, CDs to unlock music, and rescues (which unlocks the character it says once you finish the game)! However, the paths must be carefully chosen or you miss out on goodies! You move turn by turn, and events will happen to try to stagnate your progress or even ruin your plans!

Enemies are: mini boss version of bosses, ATs, and corrupted clones of the entire roster that are randomly generated every time you go in and may be alone , in teams, or with special conditions (Thanks, FighterZ for the clones loike)

My vision has two main paths, that you can branch in and out of depending on movement (up, down, left, right) but the catch is you can only have one rescue per game. You then face a boss to finish the game. So say defeating one boss rescues Wolf and the other rescues Robin, well you must pick one for now...

Events that would happen: board shuffle (everything on the board is shuffled), increase of enemies, or stat boosts to opponents. One that benefits the player? Goodies can be doubled if said event happens. Including rescues - that way you may be able to unlock two characters at once after all.

A round of Spirits would be fairly short, but versatile enough to warrant many play throughs if people want to unlock characters via this method.

tl;dr: basically Arcade mode that combines Smash Tour, 3DS Classic Mode, Event Matches, and Smash Run.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think Byleth and the trio shown off in the first trailer will be the most important characters in the game, they are the pool to choose from when it comes to Three Houses (though if FE gets a DLC character then Sakurai should totally just go for pure fanservice and add Hector since he has a lot of renewed relevance and popularity from Heroes but that's just me.)

Byleth is 99% confirmed an avatar character, since they don't speak while other characters do, Edelgard is referring to him as "teacher" in an ambiguous way rather than referring to him by name, and official marketing refers to Byleth as "your protagonist" rather than "the protagonist". It's not all doom and gloom though. Just look at the pics you posted: he doesn't have (explicitly) blue or white hair, he has a unique color palette, and he has a neat little dagger that can possibly be a part of his moveset. Also, Three Houses seems to have Combat Arts like from SOV, so he'll have a plethora of animations to choose from other than standard attack animations. We'll have to wait for the game to come out to determine if he's the next Robin or Corrin character-wise though.

Byleth's real draw, however, is being the teacher of the 3 main characters (Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude). These three are likely a package deal, so why not implement them into 1 moveset a la Pokemon Trainer? We get axes (Edelgard), lances (Dimitri), and bows (Claude), a weapon-variety enthusiast's wet dream. Also, we'd get racial diversity, sexual diversity, and most importantly, hair color diversity.

I'm gonna wait until the game actually comes out to support these characters (even then I'll probably just stick with Hector), but just from analyzing the one trailer, I wouldn't count them out just yet. Could be a real improvement compared to the previous "obligatory MCs" Sakurai has chosen from when it comes to relevant characters.
Yeah, we don’t know everything about Byleth yet, so I’ll keep an eye out for what he can bring, but the possibility that he may a character that utilizes different weapons is certainly interesting. In my opinion, I think he may look a little too much like Marth and Roy, but at the same time, his design is pretty distinct from the other series, I still like him.

I would like for Byleth too. Either way, if any of those two end up as DLC characters, I’ll buy them.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
My Spirits mode idea:

(Yes inspired by FighterZ somewhat, but it got me thinking about modes Smash has and it ends up being a mash-up of nearly all of them somehow!!!)

So you enter the mode. Huzzah! You have 8 starting characters for now and your goal is to unlock characters by rescuing them to add to that collection! How does it work, well...

You enter a board game environment similar to FighterZ's story mode, but instead of it being a linear grind mess, it is a lot more flexible: with different paths that give out different goodies. You have stat boosts to increase your strength, CDs to unlock music, and rescues (which unlocks the character it says once you finish the game)! However, the paths must be carefully chosen or you miss out on goodies! You move turn by turn, and events will happen to try to stagnate your progress or even ruin your plans!

Enemies are: mini boss version of bosses, ATs, and corrupted clones of the entire roster that are randomly generated every time you go in and may be alone , in teams, or with special conditions (Thanks, FighterZ for the clones loike)

My vision has two main paths, that you can branch in and out of depending on movement (up, down, left, right) but the catch is you can only have one rescue per game. You then face a boss to finish the game. So say defeating one boss rescues Wolf and the other rescues Robin, well you must pick one for now...

Events that would happen: board shuffle (everything on the board is shuffled), increase of enemies, or stat boosts to opponents. One that benefits the player? Goodies can be doubled if said event happens. Including rescues - that way you may be able to unlock two characters at once after all.

A round of Spirits would be fairly short, but versatile enough to warrant many play throughs if people want to unlock characters via this method.

tl;dr: basically Arcade mode that combines Smash Tour, 3DS Classic Mode, Event Matches, and Smash Run.
Maybe they could have specific character interactions between certain characters like FighterZ? Like if you have a team of 3 links and a Ganondorf there could be a funny scene about him lamenting having to work with them or something.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Rate their chances got me thinking: Could Rowlet be a :ultjigglypuff: echo? I mean they're both small round balls of cute. The only move that doesn't work is Up-B, but they could just use Meta Knight or Ivysaur's.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Rate their chances got me thinking: Could Rowlet be a :ultjigglypuff: echo? I mean they're both small round balls of cute. The only move that doesn't work is Up-B, but they could just use Meta Knight or Ivysaur's.
Can Rowlet expand like a balloon and grow extremely large?

:troll:

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
My Spirits mode idea:

ITS SMASH BOARD EVERYBODY, PACK YOUR THINGS UP AND GET IN THE CAR CAUSE EVERYBODY LOVES CAR IN BOARD GAMES!!
For real now, sounds nice, but I still would prefer Smash Run if given the option

Graizen

Smash Champion
Game: Put a list of characters to complete 80!
And add 5 Echoes.

I will Start:

69- Geno
70- Isaac
71- Incineroar
72- Steve
73- Agumon
74- Crash Bandicoot
75- Banjo & Kazooie
76- Klonoa
77- Bandana Dee
78- Sora
79- Doomguy
80- Skull Kid

Echoes:

Shadow, BlackShadow, Ken, Octoling and Felix

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Maybe they could have specific character interactions between certain characters like FighterZ? Like if you have a team of 3 links and a Ganondorf there could be a funny scene about him lamenting having to work with them or something.
Facing Clone Ganondorf, Link ponders to Mario

"HIYAAAAA"

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
She’s uses her clumsy cuteness to suck out your life force in order to prolong her already unnatural life,

Trust me, I know someone from nintendo. My uncle’s friends college room mate. He told me that Isabelle and Simon will be enemies in the Spirits Mode. Sorry but I don’t have any pics.
Kheela...

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh snap, I dun goofed.
But doesn't nearly every Pokémon get Rest (excluding ones like Unown)? It isn't really used much though, I guess.

Edit: Well, forget what I said. :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

X/Y is like, third worst in the series.
Umm... Does it look like I care?
Sure Gen 6's story and Characters are boring, but I don't play Pokemon for story. I play for the Pokemon and game mechanics. Imo Gen 6 has some of the best Pokemon designs including Sylveon, Xerneas, Tyrantrum, Goodra, Greninja, Meowstic, Zygarde, Hawlucha, and Noivern. As for the game mechanics, they run smoothly. The game runs at a pretty great frame rate and the Roller Skates were something I never knew that I wanted. As for Kalos as a region, I love it. I'vr always been intrigued with French culture, and this game nails it perfectly. Then you have the music. Where do I begin with the music? Almost every track is excellent from the battle themes, to the town and city themes are excellent.
I don't care if you hates these games,
All that matters is that I love them...

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Umm... Does it look like I care?
Sure Gen 6's story and Characters are boring, but I don't play Pokemon for story. I play for the Pokemon and game mechanics. Imo Gen 6 has some of the best Pokemon designs including Sylveon, Xerneas, Tyrantrum, Goodra, Greninja, Meowstic, Zygarde, Hawlucha, and Noivern. As for the game mechanics, they run smoothly. The game runs at a pretty great frame rate and the Roller Skates were something I never knew that I wanted. As for Kalos as a region, I love it. I'vr always been intrigued with French culture, and this game nails it perfectly. Then you have the music. Where do I begin with the music? Almost every track is excellent from the battle themes, to the town and city themes are excellent.
I don't care if you hates these games,
but I love them...
Breath, I think he was just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom