• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Guys, I just realized how bad our new additions are as role models for our children:

Ridley promotes death and destrucrion
Inkling promotes graffiti and vandalism
Daisy promotes plagiarism and identity theft
Simon promotes destruction of ancient relics
Richter promotes anti-monster bigotry and warmongering
King K Rool promotes unhealthy lifestyles and gluttony
Isabelle promotes vampirism
That one's already too late for every *ahem* neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd convention I've ever been to.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, if we do have a dedicated Smash Direct, what would be your realistic hopes for announcements? Mine would be 1 unique fighter (hopefully Geno, Elma, Incineroar, or Shantae), 2 echoes (any combination of Shadow, Funky Kong, and Toon Zelda), details on the Spirits mode, and a demo announcement.
At least 3 characters minimum, 5 maximum.
Spirits Mode details
Trophies returning

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Guys, I just realized how bad our new additions are as role models for our children:

Ridley promotes death and destruction
Simon promotes destruction of ancient relics
Okay mod, stay still just for a brief moment, this won't take long...
*snap*
Thanks!
Putting Shantae anywhere near Geno seems like a mistake to me

Your other guesses check out. I refuse to say Geno has a high chance of being in though as I don't want to jinx it.
Consider Shadow.
But what about WF's silence? Don't you think that they might be under a NDA?
Don't destroy me

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Simon promotes destruction of ancient relics and breaking and entering without a lawful document
Yoshi promotes Tax Fraud.

Kirby needs to help him with his problem.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Simon promotes destruction of ancient relics and breaking and entering without a lawful document
Incineroar promotes cheating
Ken promotes spamming

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only one thinking this week might be the last batch of characters revealed? Like it does fit.

69: Incineroar (Pokemon episode that aired on Sunday)
70: Geno or Steve

38e: Shadow (10th anniversary since Sonic was announced for Brawl)
60e: Ken

Realistically this maybe it or maybe only Incineroar and Shadow will be revealed for those reasons as a duo reveal.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Am I the only one thinking this week might be the last batch of characters revealed? Like it does fit.

69: Incineroar (Pokemon episode that aired on Sunday)
70: Geno or Steve

38e: Shadow (10th anniversary since Sonic was announced for Brawl)
60e: Ken

Realistically this maybe it or maybe only Incineroar and Shadow will be revealed for those reasons as a duo reveal.
This isn't realistic because they have 59 days of marketing and no matter how you put it, characters are what people come to Smash for.
Why drop the finale 2 months in advance.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Chrom promotes incest
Dark Samus promotes intoxication and overdosing on Phazon.
Man, this is pretty funn-
wat?

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
*whistles in an impressed fashion* dang, I can't leave for a second can I?
With the release of Mario Party, I've returned to an idea I've had about how this year Nintendo has been pushing party games, so we're getting a party-spinoff game rep, but with both daisy and waluigi out of the way, I had no idea, but whadda 'bout toad? Obviously toad dosen't need party games for a good move set, but he officiated/hosted most of them
Just a thought exercise, don't actually think it's gonna happen

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok I kind of want context on this lol
She’s uses her clumsy cuteness to suck out your life force in order to prolong her already unnatural life,

Trust me, I know someone from nintendo. My uncle’s friends college room mate. He told me that Isabelle and Simon will be enemies in the Spirits Mode. Sorry but I don’t have any pics.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I am willing to bet a large sum of money that should we get Inceneror and Ken that some the following will be featured in thier trailer, gameplay preview, or website photos:

- Inceneror will be together with Nacho Libre Pikachu
- Inceneror will be going against Little Mac on Boxing Ring.
- at some point, he will jump from the ropes and land with a body slam.
- obligatory picture with Ken.
- Ken poses with Damus, Chroy, Larth, Dit, Richtmon, and Deachy.
- Ken stands next to Zamus in Tomodachi Life.
- Ken and Ryu performing a back to back Hadoken.
Ah, Deachy, Peach’s distant cousin and Larth, Marth’s secret twin brother. :p

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Y'know in regards to Pokemon, not being able to evolve certain 'mons in the Gen 1 remakes is something that kinda bugs me.

"Golbat is evolving!"

"...oh?"

. . .wat.
That's honestly one of the main reasons why this'll be the first game in a while that I won't buy this.

SonicMario

Smash Master
*whistles in an impressed fashion* dang, I can't leave for a second can I?
With the release of Mario Party, I've returned to an idea I've had about how this year Nintendo has been pushing party games, so we're getting a party-spinoff game rep, but with both daisy and waluigi out of the way, I had no idea, but whadda 'bout toad? Obviously toad dosen't need party games for a good move set, but he officiated/hosted most of them
Just a thought exercise, don't actually think it's gonna happen
I kinda hope Captain Toad ends up as DLC. His cameo on New Donk City has sunk his base game chances. But he's still possible post-game.

And what with Toadette getting so much promotion lately. She might very well be Captain Toad's Echo rather then just an Alt. Maybe even with a Peachette final smash

Roberk

Smash Champion
I realized that the protagonist of Fire Emblem Three Houses is this Guy:

View attachment 168497
View attachment 168499
I’m worried, aside from Awakening (which has all three characters, albeit two of them echoes) Fire Emblem usually adds the main protagonist. And the protagonist is Byleth, who is the teacher of the other three characters (Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude).

Although I do like Byleth, he is another sword wielder, and I think adding him is going to lead to a lot of salt seeing how people don’t want any more FE characters with swords. Not to mention that Sakurai may not even want to include him because of that.

Although we still don’t know everything about the game, I feel that FE: Three Houses may not get a character because of that. Unless Sakurai decided to use the three characters next in line like the aforementioned Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude since they all include something unique, which is possible seeing how we did get Robin as a unique fighter because of that as well, so there is a chance we get one of them instead.
I think Byleth and the trio shown off in the first trailer will be the most important characters in the game, they are the pool to choose from when it comes to Three Houses (though if FE gets a DLC character then Sakurai should totally just go for pure fanservice and add Hector since he has a lot of renewed relevance and popularity from Heroes but that's just me.)

Byleth is 99% confirmed an avatar character, since they don't speak while other characters do, Edelgard is referring to him as "teacher" in an ambiguous way rather than referring to him by name, and official marketing refers to Byleth as "your protagonist" rather than "the protagonist". It's not all doom and gloom though. Just look at the pics you posted: he doesn't have (explicitly) blue or white hair, he has a unique color palette, and he has a neat little dagger that can possibly be a part of his moveset. Also, Three Houses seems to have Combat Arts like from SOV, so he'll have a plethora of animations to choose from other than standard attack animations. We'll have to wait for the game to come out to determine if he's the next Robin or Corrin character-wise though.

Byleth's real draw, however, is being the teacher of the 3 main characters (Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude). These three are likely a package deal, so why not implement them into 1 moveset a la Pokemon Trainer? We get axes (Edelgard), lances (Dimitri), and bows (Claude), a weapon-variety enthusiast's wet dream. Also, we'd get racial diversity, sexual diversity, and most importantly, hair color diversity.

I'm gonna wait until the game actually comes out to support these characters (even then I'll probably just stick with Hector), but just from analyzing the one trailer, I wouldn't count them out just yet. Could be a real improvement compared to the previous "obligatory MCs" Sakurai has chosen from when it comes to relevant characters.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
My problem with LaxChris isn't just clickbait. I don't care if he gets views, it's the fact that he believes literally everything he lays his eyes on.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
I kinda hope Captain Toad ends up as DLC. His cameo on New Donk City has sunk his base game chances. But he's still possible post-game.

And what with Toadette getting so much promotion lately. She might very well be Captain Toad's Echo rather then just an Alt. Maybe even with a Peachette final smash
Mabye (intentional) toadette over toad? hmmm? just somethin to thunk about

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So, if we do have a dedicated Smash Direct, what would be your realistic hopes for announcements? Mine would be 1 unique fighter (hopefully Geno, Elma, Incineroar, or Shantae), 2 echoes (any combination of Shadow, Funky Kong, and Toon Zelda), details on the Spirits mode, and a demo announcement.
- Starts with a character reveal (probably Incineroar - not a fan, but I'm resigned to it and hopefully we'll get a new Pokemon stage to boot)
- As with the last direct, the echo fighters are revealed fairly early on (either just Ken or Ken plus one other)
- Somehow, another character is revealed (echo or original, I'm maintaining that there's a character that hasn't been leaked and may not even have had much of a presence in speculation)
- Montage of Final Smashes which haven't been shown yet
- Montage of alt costumes (hoping for Outlook Link, more Odyssey costumes, other Pikmin captain alts etc.)
- Remaining stages are shown off
- Stuff on online mode (hoping for ranked online and expecting it at this point)
- Longest section of the direct is explaining Spirits and briefly going over the returning modes
- Maybe for a big finish, the last thing is showing off a DLC character ('we said we've shown every fighter, however...); but feel that it might still be a little early to be showing off DLC. I'm only confident that they'll want to end big in the direct, as they did in the last direct and at E3.

Other general hopes are that one of the unrevealed stages (if we are getting any) is a retro stage for ROB. I also have hopes for the un-leaked character, though most of them are unrealistic.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Guys, even if we don’t get an announcement or a reveal of any kind this week, don’t worry too much about it. It is still the beginning of October so there is still time for us to get something before we enter the danger zone of leaks which is November. Just a bit of patience can go a long way even though it’s hard at this point.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
My problem with LaxChris isn't just clickbait. I don't care if he gets views, it's the fact that he believes literally everything he lays his eyes on.
I doubt that. I've never watched any of his videos (as many of you should since it's just clickbait), but he posts and covers them to get views for his channel, which some people here are all too willing to give even though they hate his content...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Mabye (intentional) toadette over toad? hmmm? just somethin to thunk about
I get Toadette's gotten quite a bit of promotion. But it would be so weird if the male Toad doesn't come with her in some fashion.

(At this point though I bet Toad fans would settle for Toad being an alt of Toadette where Toadette is even the default character)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Putting not 1, but 2 7th Gen Pokemon is the kind of stuff that would create a lot of rage an dissapointment. Both Lucario and Greninja were poorly received (mostly because it wasn't Mewtwo). Putting Incineroar AND Zeraroa over the bunch of characters people are hoping for would create such salt...

Oh boy!I almost hope its true!.
Eh, the Pokemon request pool is pretty shallow this time around. Decidueye was the only Pokemon that had any real backing but then all but collapsed when Verge suggested it didn't make it. Every other Pokemon fanbase has been small and barely vocal this time around. Brawl easily had the most Pokemon fanbases going at each other: Blaziken, Sceptile, Gardevoir, Lucario, Blastoise, etc, hell, even Gengar had a notable Smash fanbase back in the day. Coincidentally enough, eventually all of them wound up in Pokken so...

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I doubt that. I've never watched any of his videos (as many of you should since it's just clickbait), but he posts and covers them to get views for his channel, which some people here are all too willing to give even though they hate his content...
No, I absolutely mean it. He literally does this everyday and I'm almost positive he actually believes them. He even made a Livestream of him waiting for the video of one of the leaks.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel differently. I don't think there's enough characters left to justify a Robin/Lucina reveal. Back in Smash 4 we still had many characters both veterans and newcomers yet to be revealed at the time. The Robin/Lucina technically revealed Captain Falcon's return as well. But here, we already have all the veterans. And there's likely not too many newcomers left (5 at most is what I'm thinking right now, and all 5 (or less) could be revealed in the final direct for base game reveals)
I’m pretty sure the difference with smash 4 and ultimate is

1 character revealed instead of 3

And I think the rest of the base and dlc character number 1 will be November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom