• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Yellow and purple chairs=Skull Kid, since Tatl and Tael are yellow and purple, respectively.
In the background of the 8/8 direct, while Sakurai was on screen, were two chairs: one yellow, one purple.

They were theorized to hint at different characters, including Waluigi, Rayman, etc.

When paired with the couch, people theorized them to mean Skull Kid, including me because I really want Skull Kid and the E3 background seemed to hint at K. Rool.
LMAO

That sounds so ridiculous it's funny XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not just the chairs being Tatl and Tael.

Green Sofa? And that ugly *** Pillow? This was the first thing I thought of, really.
I won't lie; that actually looks a lot closer than the silly chairs thing. Though not really any better evidence-wise, but I can at least see the patterns here to some degree.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think 100 is too many honestly. Just think about balancing 100 characters and listen to your brain melt.
Says you as Nintendo's way of "patching" doesn't go to that many extents either.
We don't even have real patch notes

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Well since everyone else is doing it.. When in rome and all

69. Shantae
70. Incineroar
71. Sephiroth
72. Geno

60e. Ken
32e. Black Knight
1e. Metal Mario (mostly for the smash 64 and melee nostalgia

DLC

73. Ryu Hayabusa
74. Jin Kazama or Kazuya Mishima
75. Banjo Kazooie
76. Doom Guy
77. Dante

73e Either Kasumi or Ayane
77e Nero

.... i cant even think of 100 characters I'd want or expect to see sheesh.
Wait thought of one
78 Sora
78e Roxas

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Okay so, does anyone have that one character that if they get in you're just gonna take a victory lap listening to this song

https://youtu.be/JAEDQwMtf4o
Already had a moment like this where I just screamed "RIDLEY!!!" at the top of my lungs.

I'll probably do it again if Skull Kid or Tetra are in.

I think 100 is too many honestly. Just think about balancing 100 characters and listen to your brain melt.
TBH 70 is already insane to balance, I think they realize this already.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean, I get that ... Hell my favourite Nintendo series outside of Pokémon is F-Zero. Just imagine how I've felt ... Poor F-Zero.
but, yeah, this is Smash, not a revival of a franchise.

Rhythm Heaven is atleast not dead, it's actually quite active.
Golden Sun however, even more bloody recent than F-Zero (Crazy, right?)

However, Captain Falcon being in Smash and Isaac is not, that way I do get it.
Smash do imortilize the character, and help people shed light to franchises. (Biggest reason I want Lip, to light Panel De Pon games)

But, I don't see why the franchises close to death would be upset by Bayo, other than what I've covered over.
I guess... But this was basically all the fanbases who didn't want Bayo...
The Banjo Kazooie Fanbase
Waluigi Fanbase
Ashley
Most fanbases also didn't want her just because she didn't fit Smash
-She's a More Recent Not that well known Third Party Character (Compared to the other ones we have)
-She comes from an M rated Franchise despite the fact that Smash is probably one of the Most Family Freindly Fighting Games around
-She was said to be the Ballot pick, despite obviously being not...
It felt like a slap in the face to the other Fanbases, Especially RH and Golden Sun,

P.S. The reason I mentioned Rhythm Heaven being on the brink of death is because it doesn't sell well in the West, up to the point that Megamix only got a Digital release here, despite getting a Physical release in both Japan and Europe.

Not just the chairs being Tatl and Tael.

Green Sofa? And that ugly *** Pillow? This was the first thing I thought of, really.
This dumb theory needs to die now... Sakurai likes Secrets, He would never tease full fledged newcomers months in advance...
Okay so, does anyone have that one character that if they get in you're just gonna take a victory lap listening to this song

Oh yes...
Rhythm Heaven Rhythm Heaven Rhythm Heaven

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The balance in Smash games is always horrible to begin with.
64 was ****ed
Melee was ****ed
Brawl was ABSOLUTELY ****ed
4 was ****ed post-launch
and if Sakurai is head of "balance" in Ultimate again, I can guarantee you, that Ultimate will be ****ed.

At this point, I care less about balance then I care about getting characters I actually want because asking for a non-SSS tier in Smash is impossible. That's where most of the fun comes from.
At the very least, I hope they make patch notes this time.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I guess... But this was basically all the fanbases who didn't want Bayo...
The Banjo Kazooie Fanbase
Waluigi Fanbase
Ashley
Most fanbases also didn't want her just because she didn't fit Smash
-She's a More Recent Not that well known Third Party Character (Compared to the other ones we have)
-She comes from an M rated Franchise despite the fact that Smash is probably one of the Most Family Freindly Fighting Games around
-She was said to be the Ballot pick, despite obviously being not...
It felt like a slap in the face to the other Fanbases, Especially RH and Golden Sun,

P.S. The reason I mentioned Rhythm Heaven being on the brink of death is because it doesn't sell well in the West, up to the point that Megamix only got a Digital release here, despite getting a Physical release in both Japan and Europe.
Trust me, I know. The K. Rool thread did not take kindly to strangers Bayonetta either, or Corrin for that matter.
I was not salty, but I was dissepointed, but in hindsight. Nintendo saved Bayonetta. The franchise was not doing well, but Nintendo gambled on the franchise, and now it will have it's third installment, so, I'm ok with it, but I understand that fully.

Rhythm Heaven is very underrated. It's a really fun franchise IMO.

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
I want a style savvy character and stage so much lol

Lower top 10 though

I'd rather a Zelda newcomer, Dixie Kong (unique) and master chief and the like over that

But style savvyist as the wii fit trainer

Maybe if they release a group of dlc characters at once sneak her in

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The balance in Smash games is always horrible to begin with.
64 was ****ed
Melee was ****ed
Brawl was ABSOLUTELY ****ed
4 was ****ed post-launch
and if Sakurai is head of "balance" in Ultimate again, I can guarantee you, that Ultimate will be ****ed.

At this point, I care less about balance then I care about getting characters I actually want because asking for a non-SSS tier in Smash is impossible.
At the very least, I hope they make patch notes this time.
To make a comparison, no one was too overly concerned about MvC2 being unbalanced (well, putting aside the Four Gods) before the PS3 release did something about it. What matters in the end is if people have fun with the game. Not that many people even had that with Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Well, any degree of fun that doesn't involve Final Destination with no items, anyway.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
To make a comparison, no one was too overly concerned about MvC2 being unbalanced (well, putting aside the Four Gods) before the PS3 release did something about it. What matters in the end is if people have fun with the game. Not that many people even had that with Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Well, any degree of fun that doesn't involve Final Destination with no items, anyway.
Ah yes PSASBR, Aka Kratos kills friggin everyone in the sony universe. Wonder how theyd do him in a sequel now that hes Old Man Kratos

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Tbfh

Bayonetta is way more fun to play as than someone like Ashley or Issac could ever be.

Also the Ashley fanbase is really creepy

Last edited:

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
So what theories do we think are correct

Box theory fake
Blog theory, real depending on math
Music theory real
Sakurai hates Zelda theory real

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Tbfh

Bayonetta is way more fun to play as than someone like Ashley or Issac could ever be.

Can't agree.

Both Isaac and Ashley could be very unique, and fun to play. Shame we don't have the chance, at least then I could make up a mind about your opinion to cope with my own.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

Ridley was that feeling for me personally, but if any other character could top that feeling of hype, it would have to be none other than Crono.
My most wanted third-party character since Brawl, and a longshot, but man, I'd have a really hard time containing myself if he were added into Ultimate (Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG of all time, I've 100% that game on the SNES, PS1 and DS versions of the game, I love it that much).

Dixie would come really close to Ridley levels of hype for me, as I've wanted her in since Diddy was playable, so she'd be my other choice.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Tbfh

Can't agree.

Both Isaac and Ashley could be very unique, and fun to play. Shame we don't have the chance, at least then I could make up a mind about your opinion to cope with my own.
Vaati is love lust, Vaati is- on second thought, I'll stop myself here...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tbfh

That last line makes me think you were just looking to prod Ashley's fanbase rather then trying to spout your opinion. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I'm probably one of the few here who would like a reduced roster size. I think having a smaller pool of characters can make the game more enjoyable in a few ways:
1) Less chars=more focused MUs that lead to greater fleshing out of characters and strategies than with a big roster.
2) Less chars=easier time selecting a main and less time hopping character to character. Character main syndrome is less likely to be prevalent with a smaller character selection.
3) Smaller roster could possibly leave time to develop single player modes such as a (proper) break the targets, board the platforms, and a Subspace-esque mode. We still don't know what the supposed "Spirits" mode is, but if it is a Subspace mode, then they would need to have a BUNCH of resources to accomplish that+"everyone is here." Nintendo is a business after all
Anyeays, those are my thoughts.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

It would've been Ashley for me, I love me some Warioware and I love that character. Instead of a victory lap I just sat disappointed while people drew disgusting images of Ashley being burned and assaulted by K Rool.

But even though that didn't happen at least Incineroar and Geno can make me super happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It would've been Ashley for me, I love me some Warioware and I love that character. Instead of a victory lap I just sat disappointed while people drew disgusting images of Ashley being burned and assaulted by K Rool.

But even though that didn't happen at least Incineroar and Geno can make me super happy.
I still don't know why people do things like that. Do people really think this is some kind of competition on who gets in? It really doesn't work like that, and I wish people wouldn't take these things to the extremes they do. :/

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly, outside of Waluigi, a Rhythm Haven character and Mach Rider, there's not much in the way of interesting first party characters. Choices like Steve, Dante or Doomguy are far more interesting.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly, outside of Waluigi, a Rhythm Haven character and Mach Rider, there's not much in the way of interesting first party characters. Choices like Steve, Dante or Doomguy are far more interesting.
Yeah, there's not much left... I would expect a lot of 3rd Party characters as DLC (Assuming that happened last time...)

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Zelda can get pig ganon to apologise for falcondorf

We can get a zora rep

Mipha water and ice manipulation, zora barrier, boomerang fins, and the first spear character
Gorons rep

Style savvy character

Arms rep

Elma

Rex and pyra and mythra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom