• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean you could make an argument that Pyra/Mythra alone could work, but I feel like if Sakurai adds them he'll play around with the affinity line mechanic.
I really like the idea of Rex & Pyra. I don't think they'll be Base but DLC and the idea of how they could work is being like a mix of Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Characters like Sora, Crash, and Spyro, as much as I like to see them, are mostly rooted in the PlayStation with some Nintendo crossover. And then we have the Angry Video Game Nerd and Lester the Unlikely, who each have distant chances at making it in.
For what it's worth, AVGN remains relevant (and I don't think Lester's developer even exists anymore), even if the Adventures sequel is on computers only. His cussing would have to be censored six ways to Sunday, however.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Given how the fanbase abuses Original the Hedgehog a fair bit, I'd say it's a case of us not having nice things because of things some dumb folks did.

Granted, it doesn't explain why Bamco is as stingy with Pac-Man. At least give us a Ms. Pac-Man Echo or something!
oh **** forgot about him

like, say what you want about Sonic's alts, but at least some of them are in different shades of blue.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hmmm, it couldn't hurt to talk about something new. Let's say you literally are the character you main in SSBU. You can do anything that character can do in SSBU (moves, taunts, victory poses, etc.). What would you do knowing that?
I'd be seeking out creatures with phenomenal cosmic power and shoving them into itty-bitty little living spaces.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
An alternate skin looking like a default skin is NOTHING compared to one playable character looking like another.
Why do you think the :ultdarksamus: costume for :ultsamus: or the :ultchrom: costume for :ultike: got removed?
It does when the basic argument about why Ninten can't be included is, because barring a redesign, if a default Ness and a default Ninten appeared on the stage at the same time the players would get confused, and because of that Ninten can't be in the game (again, unless he is redesigned, which I personally have no problem with). It's just a flimsy argument when the same thing can happen with Falcon, and it's arguably even worse because it's a pallet swap (at least a different character would have minor differences and a different portrait for instance).

The fact that Falcon's issue is about one character having two incredibly similar pallets vs. 2 separate characters having similar looking default pallets is irrelevant.

Yes Sakurai did remove those 2 pallets, but only because the characters they were based on were now in the game (in one case is the echo of the original character, i.e. Samus/Dark Samus). Because Ninten isn't based on Ness (it's the other way around) there would be no reason to change any of Ness' pallets unless Sakurai truly wanted to.
This would have been a better example:

god these alts are so awful. Why the **** is SEGA so stingy about this.
Actually yes that's a much better example, or Pac-Man (EDIT: got partly :ultgreninja:'d on that lol). Thanks!

I just get annoyed when people come up with arbitrary "rules" on things when there are clear examples of things being otherwise. What's worse is when those misconceptions spread and become like gospel.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The rabbit hole is going deeper with this leak.
FCA81768-2064-4D52-B6AE-91653FC4C6C6.jpeg

For those wondering this image is actually enhanced quality so it’s easier to see what’s behind the watermark, the original one is actually really hard to see cause it’s so dark.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Wait, has there been another "leak?" You guys keep throwing around the name Ryota, was something else uploaded or something?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Huh, okay. So I read your messages and then went googling some gameplay and I understand what you mean now. That makes a lot of sense, actually. Probably should've looked into it before hand. So basically just having Rex or just having Pyra or this blonde lady would be a bit of a mishandling of their characters, gotcha.
I mean, you can still make an argument for just Pyra/Mythra, as they can fight without Rex, so it wouldn't be too out of character, but I think most people make that argument because they don't really like Rex.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
oh **** forgot about him

like, say what you want about Sonic's alts, but at least some of them are in different shades of blue.
Why don’t they, at the absolute very least, use the blue PAC-MAN from the co-op mode of the Switch version of PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2?

Danpal65

Smash Lord
View attachment 161077
For those wondering this image is actually enhanced quality so it’s easier to see what’s behind the watermark, the original one is actually really hard to see cause it’s so dark.
You can see that it is painted on a canvas. Why would this be a physical painting and not done digitally?

Also. It isn't a leak it's a rumour at best, but most likely a fake.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 161077
Where the hell did that come from? That...actually kinda looks real.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Hmmm, it couldn't hurt to talk about something new. Let's say you literally are the character you main in SSBU. You can do anything that character can do in SSBU (moves, taunts, victory poses, etc.). What would you do knowing that?
Ummm.....pick creatures out of the ground, make juice and fuel.....try to get the hell out of dodge.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
I mean, you can still make an argument for just Pyra/Mythra, as they can fight without Rex, so it wouldn't be too out of character, but I think most people make that argument because they don't really like Rex.
Yeah that makes sense, thanks for the info! They look like cool enough characters, so either way I wouldn't mind! I probably should play Xenoblade one of these days...

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Why don’t they, at the absolute very least, use the blue PAC-MAN from the co-op mode of the Switch version of PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2?
hell give us a PAC-MAN alt themed after the ghosts' color scheme when he grabs a Power Pellet
like seriously there are so many opportunities being missed here

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
View attachment 161077
....Nothing can describe how bad I want that to be real.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You can see that it is painted on a canvas. Why would this be a physical painting and not done digitally?
There’s nothing to suggest that it’s a canvas, it’s too blurred to make out if it’s on one but judging from the original screenshot this appears to be three-dimensional:
5FEFB10C-F593-4FF4-BFD5-361643171CC6.png

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can you at least tell me where you originally found it? It's not on 4chan or GameFAQs.
It was originally found on the Smash Underdog’s Discord server by Aussie, while the enhanced image was found on Twitter.

I’ve reached out to both of the users for answers.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
View attachment 161077
Where the hell did that come from? That...actually kinda looks real.
Really? It's an extended version of one I found and posted earlier, though everyone said fake. Tried looking it up, but can't find my post. EDIT: NintenZ NintenZ posted it--thanks!

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Well, maybe bad time to bring this up with that new image of BK, but I noticed no one seemed to talk about the Rayman cloud in K. Rool’s reveal. I mean...chairs discussed at length, but not the Rayman cloud?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd just like to remind people to never forget about the following image.

As for Banjo, why do we only see part of the image? Why can't this mysterious "leaker" show the full thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom