• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
An alternate skin looking like a default skin is NOTHING compared to one playable character looking like another.
Why do you think the :ultdarksamus: costume for :ultsamus: or the :ultchrom: costume for :ultike: got removed?
Oh, no! Dark Pit looks identical to Pit!

Seriously, can't we just give Ninten an ascot? Huhuh! Ascot!

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Fun idea: Let's think of different ways the room in the next direct could hint at characters.

Geno would be a doll obviously

Isaac could be possibly some sun decoration.

Bandana Dee could be a spear?

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, who else is looking forward to playing as Agnes or Ryota?
If I knew them more, than I would say yes, but I don't recognize them. Where are they from?

Edit: Agnes from Bravely Default, right?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think people who still think backgrounds mean nothing if Skull Kid is the next reveal are just in denial.
I could never buy that Barrels + Rope -> K. Rool AND Chairs + Sofa -> Skull Kid are a coincidence.
You're using circumstantial evidence to try and actually prove something. You can't. I've seen this done before. Hell, we did it with clouds TWICE, once in Brawl about a decade ago, and again for Sm4sh around 6 years later. And don't even get me started on the theory that some characters were reserved for Sm4sh Wii U and would be unlocked if you linked it with Sm4sh 3DS.
Are you actually the boy who cried wolf? Because you really sound like the boy who cried wolf right now.

"IT'S AN ACTUAL HINT THIS TIME YOU GUYS! I'M NOT LYING! THIS COULD BE HUGE!"

That's what your argument delves down to at it's core.

You're arguing about hints that either don't exist or can't be proven until after the fact. Hindsight bias at it's finest. That's why you're being dismissed, because the argument that you want doesn't exist.
Let's be clear. If Skull Kid gets confirmed, the only way the chairs can be definitely proven to be hints is if Sakurai explicitly says so after Skull Kid's announcement

Last edited:

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Did anything happen with that guy who posted the Agnes, Shadow, Isaac, and other "render leaks?" Last I heard he said he was going to post a video, did he just go missing in action or something?

D

Deleted member

Fun idea: Let's think of different ways the room in the next direct could hint at characters.

If there's a clock in the background, it means Homura's confirmed. You've heard it here, folks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Elma would be a mech toy, probably THE mech toy Sakurai purchased

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Let's be clear. If Skull Kid gets confirmed, the only way the chairs can be definitely proven to be hints is if Sakurai explicitly says so after Skull Kid's announcement
What I find odd is that "chairs" is the kind of stretching one does when there's nothing to go on and they're searching for anything. Yet, we have a Moon assist, right there. And while it could be argued either for his inclusion or exclusion--it can be argued for his inclusion, and *that* is what I would point to if I was a Skull Kid fan.

And I mock it, but it's all fun. It gives me a laugh, particularly
Any time we talk about chairs Smash is delayed by a day.
So it's been delayed like 20 days now? Any more talk of chairs and we'll be waiting til 2019!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Boshi: There's an innocuous frying pan next to some sunglasses in the background

Last edited:
Would definitely prove that we're terrible at agreeing at anything, but it's worth a laugh, so . . .
Yeah i guess but it's hard to agree on 'hints' that are 'Sakurai level' of sneakiness :)

Also, what's that anime in your signature? The first one, to the left.
It's all from Princess Mononoke, it's a movie from studio Ghibli. You should definitely watch it, one of the best anime movie ever made imo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, no! Dark Pit looks identical to Pit!
Not so identical you'll get confused which is which on the battlefield. Pit is brown and light, and his darkest alternate is brown and black and purple. Dark Pit is pure black and has no alternate costume like Pit. You could easily differentiate them on the battlefield.

You wouldn't be able to differentiate Ness and a Ness with Pac-Man eyes.

Seriously, can't we just give Ninten an ascot? Huhuh! Ascot!
No.
Ninten.png
This is what he will always look like. Using the shirt merging with the pants aesthetic is a start.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
what the **** is a ryota
Doesn't matter though, thing's faker than Oscar Mayer meat.
Ryota from Wave Race 64.

Anyways, I doubt those renders are going to get confirmed or disconfirmed until one of the leaked characters gets revealed right alongside their render. Even if said render gets tweaked a little bit, any parallel similarities would confirm it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Iridium

Smash Hero

If any random unidentified chemical is there, then I'm confirmed. :troll:

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Skull Kid is a couple of chairs my guy you're being to literal.

Geno would have to either be something clearly wooden in the background, or picture frame of some woods.

Isaac could be a anything round and yellow, perhaps a ball

Bandanna Dee would be a blue piece of cloth wrapped around SOMETHING, who knows

Iridium

Smash Hero
Yeah i guess but it's hard to agree on 'hints' that are 'Sakurai level' of sneakiness :)

It's all from Princess Mononoke, it's a movie from studio Ghibli. You should definitely watch it, one of the best anime movie ever made imo.
Ah, I've heard of that! I've seen a little bit, but not the whole thing, so I can give it a shot at least.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ryota from Wave Race 64.

Anyways, I doubt those renders are going to get confirmed or disconfirmed until one of the leaked characters gets revealed right alongside their render. Even if said render gets tweaked a little bit, any parallel similarities would confirm it beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Well, lets get the obvious out of the way:

1. The renders are way too 2D to be 3D.
2. The renders also look off model and ****ing garbage
3. Agnes got changed by the leaker and thought it would just let it be slipped no problem.
4. We have no footage. Anybody can make a CSS leak. Make footage, actual moving pictures, far away enough where its not blurry, and then convince me. Omni did it and got away with it because he took his time and effort to make the leak. This is just lazy pandering of a star burning out waiting to dwindle.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Ayumi Tachibana would be represented by a schoolgirl holding a magnifying glass and briefcase sitting next to Sakurai while Famicom Detective Club is being played by a team of real investigators. Sakurai would regularly make it a point to say he’s trying to bring in all ideas he’s had in the past. There’d also be a poster in the back saying “it doesn’t take a detective to figure out who’s joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate next.”

B89890F3-4F88-4E8A-A95E-6481C2F24758.jpeg

Nobody said it had to be subtle.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I've already came up with my top ten personal wants for the Smash roster. The only one that has a realistic shot at making the base roster is Heihachi. Maybe Excitebiker. And maybe Rex & Pyra.

Characters like Sora, Crash, and Spyro, as much as I like to see them, are mostly rooted in the PlayStation with some Nintendo crossover. And then we have the Angry Video Game Nerd and Lester the Unlikely, who each have distant chances at making it in.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lloyd Irving: Two Swords hanging from the wall. Maybe a mechanical looking bird to represent the rheaird.

Funky Kong: A poster with a surfer dude

Hilda: Upside Triangle

Banjo: A puzzle on the ground with a banjo near it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
This would have been a better example:

god these alts are so awful. Why the **** is SEGA so stingy about this.
I really don't like how almost all of them are literally just blue (albeit in different shades) with different colored rings. They feel less varied, compared to Link or Greninja's for example.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
As someone who's never played any of the Xenoblade games, why do people recommend both Rex and Pyra as a single character? Is having just Rex or just Pyra not enough? Or do they heavily rely on each other in the games and/or can't function without each other? Genuinely curious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As someone who's never played any of the Xenoblade games, why do people recommend both Rex and Pyra as a single character? Is having just Rex or just Pyra not enough? Or do they heavily rely on each other in the games and/or can't function without each other? Genuinely curious.
Would you believe me if I told you Pyra is Rex's weapon?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
mainly has to do with the core gameplay mechanics of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

watch an LP of it, you'll see what I mean.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a Driver-Blade mechanic. The character you directly control is the Driver (Rex) and the Blade (Pyra) is a support. The battle system relies on the connection between the two...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This would have been a better example:

god these alts are so awful. Why the **** is SEGA so stingy about this.
Given how the fanbase abuses Original the Hedgehog a fair bit, I'd say it's a case of us not having nice things because of things some dumb folks did.

Granted, it doesn't explain why Bamco is as stingy with Pac-Man. At least give us a Ms. Pac-Man Echo or something!

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Banjo & Kazooie: There'd be a blurry book in the background...

Oh..

In all seriousness, backpack would be the obvious choice. Less obvious would be a hexagonal cupboard in the background, resembling a honeycomb.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Would you believe me if I told you Pyra is Rex's weapon?
I mean you could make an argument that Pyra/Mythra alone could work, but I feel like if Sakurai adds them he'll add them as a pair and play around with the affinity line mechanic.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Deathborn would be my firstborn child...

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Huh, okay. So I read your messages and then went googling some gameplay and I understand what you mean now. That makes a lot of sense, actually. Probably should've looked into it before hand. So basically just having Rex or just having Pyra or this blonde lady would be a bit of a mishandling of their characters, gotcha.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Well, lets get the obvious out of the way:

1. The renders are way too 2D to be 3D.
2. The renders also look off model and ****ing garbage
3. Agnes got changed by the leaker and thought it would just let it be slipped no problem.
4. We have no footage. Anybody can make a CSS leak. Make footage, actual moving pictures, far away enough where its not blurry, and then convince me. Omni did it and got away with it because he took his time and effort to make the leak. This is just lazy pandering of a star burning out waiting to dwindle.
I think he was referring to the Ryota/Lloyd renders, not the Agnes et al renders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom