• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Banjo-Kazooie and Medusa are probably my most wants. The latter mainly because it'd be the first female Nintendo villain in the roster. That and she would work the most easy being an Echo of Palutena which wouldn't take much time. Same height, structure, wields an staff. Goddess of Light vs. Goddess of Dark. Basically opposites.

Sakurai bias could definitely tip her odds too.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This is...a lot of assumptions and I still don't think I really follow...
K. Rool didn't get an Echo, and he was the Ballot king.
Castlevania being a Sakurai decision isn’t much of an assumption, he straight-up said that Richter wasn’t chosen off of popularity, and didn’t mention the Ballot or fan popularity influencing Castlevania once throughout his Famitsu column.

The only way I think Felix would get in as an Issac Echo is if he performed just as well as Isaac did, whether or not he did I don’t know but time will tell I guess.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This leak is giving me Gothitelle flashbacks, look at it, it's almost the exact same setup

original chanchanchanchan post

They clash too so is this the new way to do "plausible leaks?" (ignoring that the Richter prediction was the big thing, not the code spelunking.)
Scratch whatever I just said. This is original, but it's the same bull**** excuse

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Castlevania being a Sakurai decision isn’t much of an assumption, he straight-up said that Richter wasn’t chosen off of popularity, and didn’t mention the Ballot or fan popularity influencing Castlevania once throughout his Famitsu column.

The only way I think Felix would get in as an Issac Echo is if he performed just as well as Isaac did, whether or not he did I don’t know but time will tell I guess.
I disagree, but I think I grasp what you're saying. I legit don't care a single bit about Golden Sun, just think it'd be cool to have Felix for his fans.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can you stop ****ting on that every time it's brought up? It's not nearly as ridiculous as you make it out to be imo.
Even if you think it's less ridiculous, you still admit that it's still in some way ridiculous.

316216.png

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Can you stop ****ting on that every time it's brought up? It's not nearly as ridiculous as you make it out to be imo.
Excuse me sir but this is the first time I made this specific joke. I enjoy poking fun at the chairs. Don't get angry for the chairs. Chairs don't have feelings.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Preordered the pro controller bundle. I'm not a huge fan of the GCN controller and I've been looking to buy a pro controller for ages now.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 161066

Don't take "popular on the polls" from Sakurai as "he was #1 worldwide", because cough cough, :ultbayonetta: is still holding that title legitimate or not.
Oh no, goodness me, I said "was the" and not "was ONE OF the". Well, there's your clarification, whoopsie-daisy, it's been a long week let me rest.

Also, wasn't aware Bayonetta was the Ballot KING.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Both sides of this god damned chair debate, at each other, every time it comes up in this thread, summarized, in an image.
I've gone past the point of annoyance and now just poke fun at it any chance I get. I'm sitting on a comfy chair right now. It's not purple and yellow though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banjo-Kazooie and Medusa are probably my most wants. The latter mainly because it'd be the first female Nintendo villain in the roster. That and she would work the most easy being an Echo of Palutena which wouldn't take much time. Same height, structure, wields an staff. Goddess of Light vs. Goddess of Dark. Basically opposites.

Sakurai bias could definitely tip her odds too.
Dark Samus is referred to as a female.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I've gone past the point of annoyance and now just poke fun at it any chance I get. I'm sitting on a comfy chair right now. It's not purple and yellow though.
Yep, I can tell, just as the rest of the anti-chair side, does against the other side. And vice-versa. I'm so very tired. I just want Skull Kid to be revealed or shot dead live in a trailer revealing Goku or some BS so the pain will end.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Preordered the pro controller bundle. I'm not a huge fan of the GCN controller and I've been looking to buy a pro controller for ages now.

Isn't it kind a weird about how the boxart is lined up?
Like you have the big boys of the company and then :ulticeclimbers: and :ultness: are just chilling there.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hmmm, it couldn't hurt to talk about something new. Let's say you literally are the character you main in SSBU. You can do anything that character can do in SSBU (moves, taunts, victory poses, etc.). What would you do knowing that?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yep, I can tell, just as the rest of the anti-chair side, does against the other side. And vice-versa. I'm so very tired. I just want Skull Kid to be revealed or shot dead live in a trailer revealing Goku or some BS so the pain will end.
Before Goku's flash card pops up he's sliced away and a new challenger approaches. Kirito from SAO! :yeahboi:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Dark Samus is referred to as a female.
"#4ᵋ: Dark Samus

Dark Samus joins the battle as Samus's echo fighter. With floatier movement, it's a little different from Samus--and it doesn't roll when dodging or jumping. If you look closely, you can see that its bombs and missiles look a little different, too."

Last edited:

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Even if you think it's less ridiculous, you still admit that it's still in some way ridiculous.

View attachment 161065
Yes, it is. But I don't think it's completely impossible to be true and shouldn't be completely dismissed like it is. It's more likely than any current leak if you ask me.

Excuse me sir but this is the first time I made this specific joke. I enjoy poking fun at the chairs. Don't get angry for the chairs. Chairs don't have feelings.
That specific joke, sure. I just can't see how you can make fun of it so confidently when there's a very real chance that "the chairs" are an actual hint.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hmmm, it couldn't hurt to talk about something new. Let's say you literally are the character you main in SSBU. You can do anything that character can do in SSBU (moves, taunts, victory poses, etc.). What would you do knowing that?
Doing what Yoshis do best!!!

Being absolutely ****ing adorable!!!

....oh, and forcing all-you-can-eat buffets out of business

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Huh I always thought Dark Samus was genderless or something being its an alien that modeled off of Samus.
At the end of the day Dark Samus is a tentacle goo monster stuffed inside Samus' phazon suit and is referred to as female a few times in the logs. It doesn't really matter. It, she, whatever.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ugh... I don't think I like the idea of Isabelle as a Villager Echo. Why can't she fight with fireworks like Isabelle Mii costume does in SSB4?

Before Goku's flash card pops up he's sliced away and a new challenger approaches. Kirito from SAO! :yeahboi:
And then Kirito explodes into a flesh puddle, and a new challenger walks over him. Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star featuring his echo fighter Kiryu. :denzel:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hm... All these chairs and delays talk... *GASP* I DID IT I CRACKED THE CODE ON THE NEXT NEWCOMER!

Jokerforsmashpleasesakuraiandthiswasjustastupidbandwagononthechairsdebate.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Anyone who’s Fox or Wolf will become a furry. :troll:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
That specific joke, sure. I just can't see how you can make fun of it so confidently when there's a very real chance that "the chairs" are an actual hint.
Lemme be clear. I think Skull Kid is in, but not because of muh chairs. There are plenty of other hints suggesting he might have been upgraded. So I'm gonna keep poking fun at the chairs even after we know his fate. I find it humorous, and people shouldn't get mad that I'm poking fun at chairs.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
This is...a lot of assumptions and I still don't think I really follow...
K. Rool didn't get an Echo, and he was the Ballot king.
Well who would even be a K. Rool echo? Lord Frederick? He's not popular at all and only appeared in one D.K game and was barely in it at all. Also Lord Frederick never used a helipack or boxing glove and he doesn't have armour on his belly for a counter, he wouldn't work.

I think Felix is likely to be an echo because he is popular, the main protagonist of Golden Sun: The Lost Age and he is very similar to Isaac moveset wise.

D

Deleted member

Using the power of the plot convenience sword to cheat my way through life let's gooooooooo~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom