• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well who would even be a K. Rool echo? Lord Frederick? He's not popular at all and only appeared in one D.K game and was barely in it at all. Also Lord Frederick never used a helipack or boxing glove and he doesn't have armour on his belly for a counter, he wouldn't work.

I think Felix is likely to be an echo because he is popular, the main protagonist of Golden Sun: The Lost Age and he is very similar to Isaac moveset wise.
Well yeah that's...why I didn't say Lord Frederick.
But yeah, my point is that I just don't really agree with Nintenzilla's POV on the Felix Echo. But again, I don't care for GS, so it's whatever by me.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Lemme be clear. I think Skull Kid is in, but not because of muh chairs. There are plenty of other hints suggesting he might have been upgraded. So I'm gonna keep poking fun at the chairs even after we know his fate. I find it humorous, and people shouldn't get mad that I'm poking fun at chairs.
But I AM mad that you're poking fun at the chairs and I hate that myself.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Let's be clear. If Skull Kid gets confirmed, the only way the chairs can be definitely proven to be hints is if Sakurai explicitly says so after Skull Kid's announcement
Next direct Sakurai will have a doll behind him with a star above it

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hmmm, it couldn't hurt to talk about something new. Let's say you literally are the character you main in SSBU. You can do anything that character can do in SSBU (moves, taunts, victory poses, etc.). What would you do knowing that?
The better question is; what wouldn't I do as a murderous, inmortal space pirate cyborg dragon? :*]

Iridium

Smash Hero
Using the power of the plot convenience sword to cheat my way through life let's gooooooooo~
Now I can turn literally anything into a weapon, and store them somewhere like I have infinite space! Paragliding would be sweet, and shooting different types of arrows, and holding the Master Sword, and having good views . . .

Yeah, I've spoken too much.

Last edited:
Let's be clear. If Skull Kid gets confirmed, the only way the chairs can be definitely proven to be hints is if Sakurai explicitly says so after Skull Kid's announcement
It would be hilarious: ''That's it for today's direct, see you next time and... yeah you were right about the chairs'' :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Medusa would be the first female Nintendo villain in the roster.
:4wendy: is technically the first female Nintendo villain, but Medusa would be the first to be her own character
Can you stop ****ting on that every time it's brought up? It's not nearly as ridiculous as you make it out to be imo.
How about no
Why would Sakurai do that when he never confirmed Pac-Man and Duck Hunt were confirmed through clouds (though Pac also had the while “Bandai Namco working in the game and almost failed to get him in” thing)
Preordered the pro controller bundle. I'm not a huge fan of the GCN controller and I've been looking to buy a pro controller for ages now.

Not related too much, but seems like Sakurai is keeping Pit in the middle of everything no matter what (doesn’t do much to my hopes of Pit having to save multiple Nintendo souls)
The better question is; what wouldn't I do as a murderous, inmortal space pirate cyborg dragon? :*]
Well for starters you wouldn’t befriend anyone named Samus Aran

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
I think people who still think backgrounds mean nothing if Skull Kid is the next reveal are just in denial.
I could never buy that Barrels + Rope -> K. Rool AND Chairs + Sofa -> Skull Kid are a coincidence.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hmmm, it couldn't hurt to talk about something new. Let's say you literally are the character you main in SSBU. You can do anything that character can do in SSBU (moves, taunts, victory poses, etc.). What would you do knowing that?
I'd be a kid now.
I'd be a squid now.
I'd be a kid.
i"d be a squid.
i'd be a kid.
i'd be a squid.
i'd be a kid now.
I'd also WOOMY to my hearts content, and probably get really annoying with the Ink Roller

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Would you trust your most wanted character to cook all 3 meals of the day for you for the rest of your life?
Shantae's a maybe, she could cook decently, but at least Mimic is around to help her just in case.

Rayman? Heck no, he never cooked a thing in his life. Come to think of it, he doesn't do much of anything other than fighting.

"Toad can't even throw punches"

The first time you saw Toad in Smash Ultimate, he was literally punching Fox.
He's simply getting sweet justice for all these years of being used as a punching bag.

Even if you think it's less ridiculous, you still admit that it's still in some way ridiculous.

View attachment 161065
Both sides of this god damned chair debate, at each other, every time it comes up in this thread, summarized, in an image.
The chairs are the CGI Clouds of Smash Ultimate.
Hm... All these chairs and delays talk... *GASP* I DID IT I CRACKED THE CODE ON THE NEXT NEWCOMER!

Jokerforsmashpleasesakuraiandthiswasjustastupidbandwagononthechairsdebate.
Smash Bros site staffers, you can't even do a pic of the day, leaving us to go around in circles like this until something happens. It's all your damn fault, you untrained newbies.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I swear I’ve seen that guy before, but I don’t know what he’s from. Can ya tell me?
Oddworld. Well technically, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee. Then there's Abe's Exodus and Munch's Odyssee and Stranger's Wrath. All great games that you can check out some other time.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It would be hilarious: ''That's it for today's direct, see you next time and... yeah you were right about the chairs'' :p
Would definitely prove that we're terrible at agreeing at anything, but it's worth a laugh, so . . .

Also, what's that anime in your signature? The first one, to the left.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash Bros site staffers, you can't even do a pic of the day, leaving us to go around in circles like this until something happens. It's all your damn fault, you untrained newbies.
August 7th, 2018

Hey John, did you upload the new pic of the day?
Yeah I already uploaded Bloody Tears like you asked
Okay coo- Wait JohN WHAT DID YOU

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Doing what Yoshis do best!!!

Being absolutely ****ing adorable!!!

....oh, and forcing all-you-can-eat buffets out of business
Oh, and pray that I have a lot of self-control as a dinosaur with a black hole for a stomach. Otherwise...

You're all doomed...

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Next direct Sakurai will be in an empty room sitting on the floor talking to us.
Nostalgia Critic confirmed.

But wait a moment!

If the Critic is going to be playable, then that might mean he's an echo.

Angry Video Game Nerd confirmed!

…...

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
While I've been reading through I keep seeing this:

A General Statement said:
Ninten can't be in the game because he looks too much like Ness, and people would get confused
*ahem*

I'm sorry.

What?

Would you please take a look at this:

Captain_Falcon_Palette_(SSB4).png

Captain_Falcon_Palette_(SSB4) pt 3.png

If my boy Falcon gets away with it, anyone can.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I would be dark, edgy, and would confuse people about my gender.

So I'd basically be the same as I am now? but also floating

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While I've been reading through I keep seeing this:

*ahem*

I'm sorry.

What?

Would you please take a look at this:

View attachment 161072

View attachment 161073

If my boy Falcon gets away with it, anyone can.
An alternate skin looking like a default skin is NOTHING compared to one playable character looking like another.
Why do you think the :ultdarksamus: costume for :ultsamus: or the :ultchrom: costume for :ultike: got removed?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oh, and pray that I have a lot of self-control as a dinosaur with a black hole for a stomach. Otherwise...

You're all doomed...
You all talk about how Mario and Megaman was stabbed by Ridley and how Luigi was killed by the Death.

But y’all forget that HE WAS EATEN ALIVE BY YOSHI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom