• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The Geno one actually look decent, except I don't know why he'd just be standing still--would be more convincing if it looked like an actual idle animation.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I kinda prefer the normal box art to the steel book, just because I love the banner so much. But this controller is amazing and I need it.
Exactly! I hope we get another offer, maybe. I don't know how much money it would cost to buy the game (w/ banner) and the controller. Probably more, but I can't say. However, I need it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Closest thread I think this is on-topic but what exactly are everyone's thoughts on this leak?

The first one in the video might be the most believable leak yet (Second one as well if it wasn't confirmed to be fake.) I can definitely believe it. The third one though not so much since I can't see Dry Bowser getting in and if so he'd be an echo rather then an newcomer.

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac
Rex
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Gardevoir (Mewtwo)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Shadow (Sonic)

Personally I would had if anything thought the only drawbacks being that Banjo-Kazooie and Rex would be DLC and Karate Joe being used instead of the Chorus Kids as well as Heihachi filling the second Namco rep. But otherwise I find this pretty believable and legit.
I don't understand it, I just don't. In what world can Gardevoir me a M2 echo? Not in moveset, but in body structure. In char skeletal figure. Gradevoir is nothing like M2 physically. Gradevoir has a dress and is missing a tail!!!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What's interesting as a K. Rool fan is reading that a lot of people here outright expected him in Smash 4. I didn't join SmashBoards until after Smash 4 was out, but as someone who had K. Rool as my most wanted character, I had thrown in the towel around the time Rosalina was revealed. Characters having "check out [their recent game]" on their website profiles indicated to me that K. Rool wasn't coming... but surely we'd get Dixie and Ridley at least.

Welp.

Kritters in Smash Run gave me some hope, but I just never really "felt" like he would be in the same way I did with this game.
Before I got back into Nintendo not too long ago. King K. Rool along with Ridley were definitely my most wanted and that's what probably sparked my inner childhood and child back out.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Giving a char melee fast fall, no double jump, and an up b that doesn't sound like it'd immediately launch him up/isn't recovery. I think that's how you go about making a lowtier char
Well yeah, they'd have to give him some amazing combat prowess to make up for it, even if he still ends up being another Little Mac. Maybe some of his attacks could have insane power and knockback while his backpack is on.

There's also the idea that you could start matches by getting rid of the backpack so you aren't comboed as easily at low percents and have your double jump available.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find it super funny that this man uses pictures, but not footage. Footage is how you confirm a leak. No footage?
Into th- well, you know the saying. :yeahboi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't understand it, I just don't. In what world can Gardevoir me a M2 echo? Not in moveset, but in body structure. In char skeletal figure. Gradevoir is nothing like M2 physically. Gradevoir has a dress and is missing a tail!!!
Knowing Sakurai he could probably make it work if this is true.

For example instead of Mewtwo's tail attacks instead Gardevoir uses those dress tatters same how Dixie could supposedly use her ponytail while Diddy uses his tail. Also from what I recall Echos have to be the same height and weight (Which is why someone like Black Shadow can't be an Echo of Falcon but otherwise similar to Doctor Mario, Young Link and Toon Link) and rather different moves like Chrom for example from Roy IIRC such as Aether.

That and some other changes can be made to an Echo, the most notorious being Dark Pit having a different Final Smash than Pit. Playing Devil's advocate, Gardevoir could work as an Echo for Mewtwo, some changes would have to be made to better suit her, but it could work, or she could be a hybrid, and take moves from Lucario, as said above.

That and maybe they made her an Echo to Mewtwo due to both being Psychic types.

Either way I'm still taking this leak as a grain of salt but its so far the most legit one I can believe in. We won't find out about the full roster until close to December 7th.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

For example instead of Mewtwo's tail attacks instead Gardevoir uses those dress tatters same how Dixie could supposedly use her ponytail while Diddy uses his tail. Also from what I recall Echos have to be the same height and weight (Which is why someone like Black Shadow can't be an Echo of Falcon but otherwise similar to Doctor Mario, Young Link and Toon Link) and rather different moves like Chrom for example from Roy IIRC such as Aether.

That and some other changes can be made to an Echo, the most notorious being Dark Pit having a different Final Smash than Pit. Playing Devil's advocate, Gardevoir could work as an Echo for Mewtwo, some changes would have to be made to better suit her, but it could work, or she could be a hybrid, and take moves from Lucario, as said above.

Either way I'm still taking this leak as a grain of salt but its so far the most legit one I can believe in. We won't find out about the full roster until close to December 7th.
When you need to change half the moveset of an Echo to justify it, it's not really an Echo anymore.

Shroob

Sup?
Gardevoir as an echo of Mewtwo makes less sense than Gothitelle being in the ga---

****, I opened the can of worms.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Not moveset I said, her body. Her body does not match that of M2, at all. His hands and feet, his head shape, his tail, the fact that he's always floating. Echos are, by definition, alt skins turned char. You have to be able to graph the character onto the existing skeleton, then play around with animations. You can't do that with Gardevoir and M2, their differences are too numerous. If you had to change moveset, animation, and the skeleton of M2 to make it work, you're not making an echo. That's a whole new char

I double posted I'm so worked up, ban M2

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well yeah, they'd have to give him some amazing combat prowess to make up for it, even if he still ends up being another Little Mac. Maybe some of his attacks could have insane power and knockback while his backpack is on.

There's also the idea that you could start matches by getting rid of the backpack so you aren't comboed as easily at low percents and have your double jump available.
One other idea I thought of is that, if most of his aerials are him swinging his backpack around, those aerials would make up the bulk of his aerial mobility rather than what characters usually use for aerial mobility. Like, nair and uair would give him a bit of upward lift to make him air stall, forward and/or back air could give him a momentum boost, ect.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Let's talk about the Villager's boxing gloves here.
View attachment 161054
View attachment 161055

I think Bowser Jr. even uses the same model here.

View attachment 161056

It looks a lot different in Smash 4, more clown-nose red (idk what to call it) like that Isabelle.

Or just call me Tinfoil Tom just because I'm like one of the two guys who said "Isabelle? this ain't it chief" and I'm obviously seething.
Just pointing out that Isabelle's gloves are missing the specular highlights you see on all these shots. That's what makes it read as that faux-leather vinyl. But in the Isabelle image, her gloves are pure flat diffuse, which makes it read as a soft, cloth material.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not moveset I said, her body. Her body does not match that of M2, at all. His hands and feet, his head shape, his tail, the fact that he's always floating. Echos are, by definition, alt skins turned char. You have to be able to graph the character onto the existing skeleton, then play around with animations. You can't do that with Gardevoir and M2, their differences are too numerous. If you had to change moveset, animation, and the skeleton of M2 to make it work, you're not making an echo. That's a whole new char
Ah misinterpreted then. Apologies on my part. Yeah now that you say it. I can't see this working. Who knows maybe this leak is true but some of it is wrong such as Gardevoir being an Echo of Mewtwo.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Would you trust your most wanted character to cook all 3 meals of the day for you for the rest of your life?
I don't think the Black Knight is likely to be a very good cook. He probably just eats because he has too. Meanwhile my real life fiance is a professional chef. I think I'll stick with what I've got.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gardevoir as a Mewtwo Echo would only work if Echo = Clone at which point why even the distinction?

I'd be down for it if it could work but I don't see it.

Surprise me Sakurai.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Aren't Echos suppose to be from the same series though? She may fit but they're from totally different franchises.
It's never been said anywhere that Echoes must originate from the same franchise.

Besides, we've had something similar in the past, even though the circumstances are different than how Echo Fighters are handled. :ganondorfmelee:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is like a GameFaqs topic lol. Anyways...

**** NO!!! Boshi is the sort of person to cook meals for 3 people and then eat ALL of it in one bite starving the others...
Would he do it in front of their faces like Souther?

Nothing. But Toad already deserved to be playable. And Captain Toad is just a more unique Toad with his own game.
The guy also wears a distinct outfit. Sure, it's an explorer's outfit, but stands out enough from the regular Toad attire.

It's never been said anywhere that Echoes must originate from the same franchise.

Besides, we've had something similar in the past, even though the circumstances are different than how Echo Fighters are handled. :ganondorfmelee:
Yeah, it almost sounds like a fan rule, aside from Sakurai seldom doing cross-series cloning. It just happens that it didn't cross his mind again since then,

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I assume that ONLY because of the way they were presented on the CSS (being able to have them occupy the same slot as the fighter they're Echoing)
But Boshi is a Mario character.

Wouldn't that assumption mean that, even if Geno gets in, Boshi has literally zero chance ever? :V

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yeah and we had 17 years' worth of backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom