• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
There’s nothing to suggest that it’s a canvas, it’s too blurred to make out if it’s on one but judging from the original screenshot this appears to be three-dimensional:
View attachment 161078
The one thing I'm taking away from this image is the freckles on Banjo's face. We've never seen him with those if memory serves, why would a leaker go out of their way to add a brand-new detail like that to an already somewhat-believable render?

Not saying this leak is real but... I'm keeping my eyes on it...

Noipoi

Howdy!
That Banjo render is some good stuff.
When we find out who made we should thank them for making a render that doesn't look like trash.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
oh **** forgot about him

like, say what you want about Sonic's alts, but at least some of them are in different shades of blue.
The fact that all his alts are the wrong shade of blue is what I hate about Sonic's alts. Either go full ham and make him actually different colors, or keep him his canon shade and give him accessories. I hate the alts that are almost the correct color but aren't.

D

Deleted member

I mean you could make an argument that Pyra/Mythra alone could work, but I feel like if Sakurai adds them he'll add them as a pair and play around with the affinity line mechanic.
The problem is that even if they're the Aegis, they'll need a driver no matter what. There HAS been examples of blades like Brighid and Mythra being able to act and fight on their own (there's also a sliver of gameplay footage of Pyra being able to fight on her own in the beginning of the base game), but they're pretty much relying on their driver, especially since that's where their outsource of energy goes to. There have also been multiple instances of drivers being one with their own blade, too.
Good examples are Pyra practically gave Rex half of her life force, half of Pandoria's core crystal being transplanted inside of Zeke so he can still be alive, etc.
So I just can't really see Pyra and Mythra being their own character to really give that game justice.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'd just like to remind people to never forget about the following image.

As for Banjo, why do we only see part of the image? Why can't this mysterious "leaker" show the full thing?
And Mewtwo definitely is off too here. I forgot when those rumors hit it big for Rayman.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I mean If Shovel Knight cant make it in why can Shantae?
Because Nintendo didn't publish Shantae in Japan. That's the reason why Shovel Knight is an assist and why Rayman and Bit Trip Runner were trophies in 4.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The rabbit hole is going deeper with this leak.
View attachment 161077
For those wondering this image is actually enhanced quality so it’s easier to see what’s behind the watermark, the original one is actually really hard to see cause it’s so dark.
Now that is actually ****ing real looking... Now im just praying a realistic Deathborn one will drop too...

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Even if that Banjo thing is fake (which it probably is unfortunately), it's still fun to talk about since it's actually a visible thing and not text.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Its not bait I mean What does Shantae have thats gives her more of a chance to be a playble Chracther than Shovel Knight i dont understand i dont really like shovel knight that much but if He couldnt be a playable how can Shantae be?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Just wanted to say, if this is a fake, then why go through the trouble to render a 3D model for it, only post a small portion of it, and then post the rest bit by bit but block it with watermarks?

Not saying to jump the gun on this just yet but I really feel like something is up... It just seems too suspicious...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just wanted to say, if this is a fake, then why go through the trouble to render a 3D model for it, only post a small portion of it, and then post the rest bit by bit but block it with watermarks?

Not saying to jump the gun on this just yet but I really feel like something is up... It just seems too suspicious...
To make people post things like this post in order to cause more belief in the leak.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
How do we know it's not Artsy Omni taking his time out of debunking leaks to make this for old times sake?
Because he said he's done with all that and I can personally vouch that he has been driving himself mad by trying to get the golden freshness ranking in Splatoon 2

Shroob

Sup?

We just got over a very similar situation with Agnes to be brutally honest.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wonder if we'll see the return of the Wireframes or the fighting Polygon Team in some form.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm like 99% sure those dots on Banjo's face are supposed to represent whiskers, not just random spots. You know, the same kind of muzzle dots Duck Hunt has, which are really common in cartoon animals.

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
Its not bait I mean What does Shantae have thats gives her more of a chance to be a playble Chracther than Shovel Knight i dont understand i dont really like shovel knight that much but if He couldnt be a playable how can Shantae be?
Something something Nintendo History.

I think that about summarizes it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

I really, really don't know why this is so hard to get but

be they fake leaks or real leaks, they like to **** with people. In fact, in the fake ones, it's the entire point

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Years ago I was a believer in this.
Now in retrospect, I'm not sure why I ever was...
Let's not forget that even Ubisoft was confused by that leak. That Rayman render was pretty convincing.
And Mewtwo definitely is off too here. I forgot when those rumors hit it big for Rayman.
I believe artsy omni had made the Rayman render from scratch while he painted over the Mewtwo render to get that part done quickly. Had he given full effort to Mewtwo as well, that probably wouldn't have tipped so many of us off.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That looks like a pretty good CG render. I wouldn't be surprised if it was made to teach a lesson on how to REALLY make a model look good and not look like Agnes.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I mean, I'm not really sure what to talk about here. I just don't understand the "X isn't in so how can Y be" argument. Both are popular indie choices. I don't think either will be playable but the argument you're using against Shantae isn't really valid.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We just got over a very similar situation with Agnes to be brutally honest.
The thing with Agnes was that her render was of lower quality and actually looks very little like the actual character, in fact she looks more like a photoshopped mishmash of other characters.

This is Leak Agnes:
1BDAC41A-D3B1-4880-9D88-ADD92E4BA759.png

This is real Agnes:
7D8947E7-DDE7-416C-9118-E6AB01B019D1.jpeg

They look very distinct.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Nope. This was found on Dorkly
No Banjo confirmation here.

Edit: I added both the one I found and the new one we’re debating. There are differences, but it’s hard to ignore the similarities.

I’m also defending my fragile emotions about his inclusion. Lol

0D91EE31-AF46-4865-B835-794151B05F5D.jpeg
1A6ADE3F-63AA-4125-AC36-2EDA55B6F6F4.jpeg
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
real or not I am obsessed with how expressive the two of them are. I don't think I've seen any image or render where they actually show this much emotion with their faces and it's so. good.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing with Agnes was that her render was of lower quality and actually looks very little like the actual character, in fact she looks more like a photoshopped mishmash of other characters.

This is Leak Agnes:
View attachment 161080

This is real Agnes:
View attachment 161081
They look very distinct.
I still find the utter jaggedness of Banjo's nose and lower jaw highly suspect.

It's a good-looking render, but we JUST got over a fake, so I'm highly skeptical right now.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I need to see more of the render.

I hate how they put a memish watermark and not show most of it. It looks very good so far.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, I'm impressed. It looks really good.

Untitled.png

But when did Banjo have freckles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom