• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The next leak will the a screenshot of the loading screen between matches,

They don't look similar at all.
Only the pose is the same, the actual render is different.
Plus it's not like they're not above using official renders as the basis for Smash renders (see: PAC-MAN in Smash 4, Samus in Ultimate)

kylexv

Smash Master
Something about that Banjo render rubs me the wrong way. Might be the lighting or something, but it looks kinda weird to me.

Probably fake, but a man can dream, right?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Man I hate good fake renders. Especially of Banjo & Kazooie. It makes me want to believe it's real. Especially considering how good this looks.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A bit unrelated but, anyone else find it ironic how:

Linking to 4chan = a-ok

Saying **** is verboten?
Blue boards are pretty okay though, no NSFW content is allowed.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I'm impressed. It looks really good.

View attachment 161083

But when did Banjo have freckles?
Alright, I'm gonna have to debunk this right now. In all of the official renders that involves Banjo, he never had freckles, especially on the top of his mouth or... Whatever that is. Here's a picture of an official render of Banjo.

banjo-770x439_c.jpg

Sakurai would take creative liberties every now and then, but I don't think he would forget about Banjo's whiskers. I don't see this being real if they added something that isn't a part of the character in the first place. Or I'm just tired, I dunno.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I’m sure it’s a redesign meant to be his snout dots ala Duck Hunt.

A common thing in cartoon animals.
That's what I was saying. Though the opposite. They were originally whisker dots, but this render (inaccurately) interprets them as generic spots.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright, I'm gonna have to debunk this right now. In all of the official renders that involves Banjo, he never had freckles, especially on the top of his mouth or... Whatever that is. Here's a picture of an official render of Banjo.

View attachment 161085

Sakurai would take creative liberties every now and then, but I don't think he would forget about Banjo's whiskers. I don't see this being real if they added something that isn't a part of the character in the first place. Or I'm just tired, I dunno.
You were two minutes too late.

Nah I looked it up.

I didn't even notice them.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
We found it boys, the original thread was 404’d but an archived version exists:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/429888130/#429888130

Credit goes to AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 for finding it! It may have been lost if not for her!
I’m reading through it and...

I haven’t found anything so far. (Although, does anyone see the part where it said the thread could be updated?)

Though, I don’t really know my way around 4chan so maybe there is something someone else found.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

View attachment 161085

I look up banjo and kazooie and I see small black dots on his face in a bunch of renders, including the one I linked to, are they not official?

Like from what I remember this one is a classic

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Tbh i kinda dont really care about the newcomers that much as long as it anyone dumb like Sans or Goku or something

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Some has speculated its even Ayumi. I do know she was considered for Melee but Sakurai decided not to feeling she wasn't known enough.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Man I hate good fake renders. Especially of Banjo & Kazooie. It makes me want to believe it's real. Especially considering how good this looks.
Same, in a world of Smashified and the "Rayman leak", you really can't trust much, not even a good looking image. I'll try my best not to get overhyped (my brain: tooooo laaaaaate).

A bit unrelated but, anyone else find it ironic how:

Linking to 4chan = a-ok

Saying **** is verboten?
Say what? I can't read what that word says. WHAT AM I NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY? **** Oh...

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Banjo had some form of freckles in early renders, obviously not it in the same spot but still part if the characters design (below the nose in this case)

Edit- Image is dying on my end, view it here
Oh, and if Banjo & Kazooie amd Rayman somehow both made it in, that would be all of my top 5 characters making the jump to playable (:ultkrool::ultsnake::ultinkling:*ultrayman* *ultbanjokazooie*), and then Ultimate would literally be the best game ever

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Some has speculated its even Ayumi. I do know she was considered for Melee but Sakurai decided not to feeling she wasn't known enough.
You're a bit late to the Anges discussion. The poster already revealed "full pics" of the same renders and it was Anges (a very badly done Anges whose name was spelled wrong)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think it’s very clear the Agnès leak is fake.

Too many discrepancies and oddities to prove it being legitimate.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The banjo render is a good render but it's clearly fake imo, the shading looks completely wrong, look at banjo's nose and muzzle and then look at duck hunts, the whole picture looks flat and not really like a 3d model at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom