• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Banjo might be really hard to Put in smash ulitmate He is still owned by Microsoft and I dont really think Nintendo would put a Microsoft Chracther in smash even though they have Phil Blessing it would still be very hard to do

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Banjo had some form of freckles in early renders, obviously not it in the same spot but still part if the characters design (below the nose in this case)

Edit- Image is dying on my end, view it here
Oh, and if Banjo & Kazooie amd Rayman somehow both made it in, that would be all of my top 5 characters making the jump to playable (:ultkrool::ultsnake::ultinkling:*ultrayman* *ultbanjokazooie*), and then Ultimate would literally be the best game ever
What about Thwomp tho? :crying:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Nope. This was found on Dorkly
No Banjo confirmation here.

Edit: I added both the one I found and the new one we’re debating. There are differences, but it’s hard to ignore the similarities.

I’m also defending my fragile emotions about his inclusion. Lol

After looking this over again, even Kazooie's look is very different. In one he is looking straight at Banjo with annoyance. In the Leak he is mimicking Banjo's "one eyebrow" raised look, and is sort of looking at him from a side.

At the very least, it's not an edited version of that image, this is definitely an original render real or fake

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
People keep comparing Banjo's render to Duck Hunt's, so I'll be the one to take initiative and post Duck Hunt's render for comparison.

duck hunt.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
After looking this over again, even Kazooie's look is very different. In one he is looking straight at Banjo with annoyance. In the Leak he is mimicking Banjo's "one eyebrow" raised look, and is sort of looking at him from a side.

At the very least, it's not an edited version of that image, this is definitely an original render real or fake
I agree with you but...
Kazooie's a girl.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The dots on Banjo's face are not freckles. They were never freckles. They were always whiskers.

The same thing Duck Hunt has. It's a visual shorthand used in cartoon animals because whiskers are so thin that they're practically invisible anyway, so there's no reason to draw/render them.

Making them freckles is a significant change, and considering Duck Hunt, it's not as if the team is unaware of what those dots mean.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
What about Thwomp tho? :crying:
Those were numbers 1-5, but number 0 is Thwomp. He is not most qanted, but most needed. Unfortunatley, Sakurai knows he would be too handsome, too overpowered, too good f or Smash Bros.
I will continue campaigning for Thwomp through dlc.
*ultthwomp*

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Call her "Anges" one more ****ing time.
Are we talking about Angus?

Yeah. I see that now. So, game on. I still can’t find that one.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The lack of texture on Banjo seals the deal for me.
From what I can tell, it’s actually hard to make out if there’s much texture on the muzzle because of how blurry the monitor makes the picture, if it wasn’t for that we might be able to see.

We’ll find out eventually what may happen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
From what I can tell, it’s actually hard to make out if there’s much texture on the muzzle because of how blurry the monitor makes the picture, if it wasn’t for that we might be able to see.

It's the shading that seals it for me, it just looks all wrong, there isn't even a shadow under the nose like duck hunt has, there's barely any shadow below the mouth or along where the fur meets the muzzle. The whole picture looks flat, look at duck hunt and then look at this and the difference in quality is pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Guys keep in mind this isn't a nice clean look we're getting of this model, it had to be color corrected from what I understand to even be visible.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
So when do you guys think more information is going to drop for Ultimate? And do you think it'll be in a normal direct or one dedicated to Smash again?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I'm inclined to disagree, because we can easily see the texture of the fur. And that's what we should be seeing on his muzzle. The same kind of fur texture that Duck Hunt has.

Although I'm willing to Devil's Advocate my own point and say that they could be intentionally interpreting the muzzle as bare skin, in which case he wouldn't have much texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom