• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am doing well, thanks for asking! I've been working on a Smash bingo sheet because I've got nothing else to do. How about yourself?
Doing well. Just enjoying this season of speculation like everyone else. Season's greetings!!

Still being the same Yoshi fanatic as always.

You?
Admin stuff. Working. School.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Im just Saying in my opinion Lyn is overated i was kinda of glad to see her as a assist trophy Chrom was also a dumb choice for smash ultimate im kinda of mad he got in i like him but he is just another blue haired sword user

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well now that Eliwood's out of the running for echo slot, I guess I'm going to push for Hector, preferably unique, of course, but I don't see him getting in not as an echo of Ike.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No problem. Going forward, please keep it in mind.

Everyone doing good?
Despite constantly avoiding the fact that i'm a useless excuse for a human in the expanse of the universe who's only defining trait is being funny and even then i'm not that funny, i'm pretty alright.

How about you?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Im just Saying in my opinion Lyn is overated i was kinda of glad to see her as a assist trophy Chrom was also a dumb choice for smash ultimate im kinda of mad he got in i like him but he is just another blue haired sword user
I don't think you know how to reply to posts properly, understandable because you are a newbie.
Do this by clicking "quote" on the post you want to reply to. Then continue typing and post it.
I'd love to hear who you feel would be better than Lyn.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Hey guys! You know the render we're discussing at this current moment right now?
View attachment 161091
This one?

Well I found who made that render!

are you ready?

View attachment 161090
The Banjo image that you see?
GRUNTY'S the one who made that leak!
And by the way, you best believe...

The only Microsoft rep you'll get is STEVE!

I know all of Grunty's disgusting secrets, and I'll tell you three of them!

Grunty complains about the ballot results but mains Bayonetta
She also played through all of Super Smash Bros. Wii U with a Wii Remote Plus
And Grunty's favorite stage in the series is Icicle Mountain!

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
It might have been a little
I don't think you know how to reply to posts properly, understandable because you are a newbie.
Do this by clicking "quote" on the post you want to reply to. Then continue typing and post it.
I'd love to hear who you feel would be better than Lyn.
Ephiram for one He would be A Lance user we dont have any Lance users in smash and he would be a unique fire emblem Chracther that doesnt uses a sword

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Can we just chuck all the FE sword weilders under one character slot as different costumes, It would solve a lot of problems.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Wow,...
Gruntilda truly is evil.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
*Phew* This thread show no Sign of slowing down. So how's everyo-
I hope Impa is not an echo just for the fact that everyone wants her as a Sheik echo and Sheik has literally the most boring move pool of any Smash character.
*brandishes Senbon needles*As a Sheik main, how dare you?! Them's fighting words. First your character Simon take my character's chain in Smash, then you call her boring?! Well, when December falls I'll challenge your main, and I'll show you who's boring...

But yeah I'm with you, I'm hoping Impa isn't an echo. I'd like to play as her with the Naginata, and summon that fire dragon, and that omnidirectional blade as a Final Smash that would be great :)
This might be very Controversial but i want more fire emblem chracthers in smash
I do too the more the merrier. All who oppose me *slams sword in the ground* fight me:)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Despite constantly avoiding the fact that i'm a useless excuse for a human in the expanse of the universe who's only defining trait is being funny and even then i'm not that funny, i'm pretty alright.

How about you?
Ditto.

About the same as usual. A bit mental, but stable enough. You?
See above reply.

Glad everyone is doing well. You guys have fun and please behave.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Thanks for making me smile. This post really hit me hard with nostalgia.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
A character shouldn't be in Smash just because you like their sexy long legs
Well that's quite a reductive view of why one would like a character.
I like her character, her design, her personality, her story, her lore, and most of all, her animations. We haven't had any character come close to the amount of style she has.

The fact she's a pretty woman is just a bonus.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Second Elegard because SHE uses An Axe and would also be a unique fire emblem charther and a Axe user

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Ya know, with all the speculation of Grunty's rhymes on a stage, I hadn't thought of Brentilda dishing all the dirty secrets of Smash characters. So many possibilities...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Banjo gets in and gets a stage. I think it'll be Spiral Mountain. Gruntilda will appear as an stage hazard and makes rhyme quiz questions. If you get them right she won't attack you but attack the other places but otherwise if you get it wrong it'll be the opposite.

Also imagine Mumbo Jumbo as an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
fire emblem and zelda are the only two Nintendo franchises that can and maybe should get a 2d or 3d traditional fighting game.
i do personally find the smash community support of roy and chrome hilarious roy fanbase exists because of a chant. chrome literally got smash votes based on sympathy of being left out of 4.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A character shouldn't be in Smash just because you like their sexy long legs
Yeah, because her popularity has nothing to do with the fact that she was the first character you meet in the first localized Fire Emblem game and is generally a well developed and liked character on top of being attractive. Ike's a sexy beast too, maybe we should just cut him.:rolleyes:
Yeah cause, again, characerization of a character gives absolutely nothing to their popularity when it comes to Smash. I mean characters are really just functions after all.
AND IIIIIIIIII HOLY **** WILL ALWAYS LOOOOVE--I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D DO THIS TO ME HOW COULD YOU?!?!

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Second Elegard because SHE uses An Axe and would also be a unique fire emblem charther and a Axe user
While the axe is cool, I hope she ends up having something a little more interesting as well, it's gonna be hard to top the chainsaw sword wielding dragon we got last time.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm...actually pretty stressed.

My union is on strike, so I haven't been working the last couple weeks, and I'm starting to get worried about finances.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm just waiting on that Treasure Trove Cove remix...

I wonder how much Microsoft will play ball, content-wise, past the actual character. Such a collaboration is so unprecedented. They better not be SE stingy. :/

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Also a question for You Elma fans why do want her over Rex and Prya
I mentioned this a while back but Elma stands out among the cast of her game way more than Rex (Pyra less so) does in his. Basically Elma's the winner out of a bunch of losers and Rex is the loser out of a bunch of winners.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I updated my prediction roster again.
Base Roster:
  • Shadow: A popular character within the Sonic fandom that's easy to make and would please a lot of people.
  • Isabelle: Again, she's a massively popular character, practically being the face of the Animal Crossing series, and would be relatively easy to implement.
  • Ken: Dude's the original clone character, and is iconic in his own right.
  • Incineroar: Out of the remaining Pokémon newcomers, he seems most likely, given his prominence in the Pokémon reboot movie and Litten/Torracat's rising prominence in the Sun/Moon anime. Ash's Lycanroc can be likened to his Talonflame, and Ash's Incineroar is going to be his Greninja.
  • Chorus Kids: A moveset concept and maybe some assets for them were already made for Sm4sh, and it would make sense to incorporate them now that nothing's stopping Sakurai and his team.
  • Skull Kid: Dude's pretty popular and has been receiving some hints as of late.
  • Isaac: See above, except he's been requested for way longer and likely did better in the ballot (he had a bigger campaign).
  • Geno: Dude's the most request character at this point, and even Sakurai wants him in the game. I've got a feeling that this time around he'll make it.
DLC:
I'm only gonna explain the top three because I'm 100% confident that they'll be DLC. The other 10 are characters I'm confident that we'll see, but not 100%. I'm also confident that one of them is going to be first DLC character. If any of the above aren't in the base roster, then move him to this category.
  • Banjo & Kazooie: They've been picking up steam ever since the Ballot came around in 2016, which they also likely performed very well on. Phil Spencer's been drumming up hype for them since then as well, and with Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship being better than ever I wouldn't be surprised if they get in. I'd possibly say Steve, but Sakurai seems to be going for fan requests, and Banjo & Kazooie are likely more requested than Steve.
  • Rex & Pyra: They're two of Nintendo's rising stars, and a symbol of the Switch and Xenoblade Chronicle's success. Sakurai also loves Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which they're the main characters of, so they've got that going for them.
  • Sora: This guy practically speaks for himself. Kingdom Hearts is a massive series worldwide, and Sora fits most, if not every criteria for inclusion in Smash Bros. Don't bring up anything involving hassle with Disney, because it doesn't really exist, especially with DLC where Nintendo would be able to share profits better with Disney.
Where does Bandanna Waddle Dee fall in the likeliness; In your opinion? Cause I'd say he's in the top 5 most requested AND first party. I'm curious to your reasoning though! Personally I'd replace Incineroar with BDee (Part of my misguided idea that Pokemon won't get a rep till DLC xD)

Otherwise; solid prediction for the most part I'd say! I do think Sakurai is gonna surprise us with the roster number though ;3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom