• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Okay going to bed, hopefully this banjo render gets resolved at some point by tmrw cause it looks ridiculously good (which isn't to say an experienced artist can't make it.

Anyway I think we are all going to be satisfied in some way by the time the game released. Call me crazy but I'm super optimistic about some of these remaining possible character choices. I think people will be satisfied by at least one of the newcomers.

Looking at that supposed render, Kazooie messing with Banjo as their character pose feels kind of lame to imagine as official, over their trademark buddy duoness. :ohwell:
It's literally how they are with each other. That's partially why this render is so good.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think we're forgetting the true best Xenoblade newcomer. The Ardainian Soldier. I don't think anybody can take him. They're all done for.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I learned today while talking to people about leaks that the statement "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" is BS and everything is assumed true until it can be proven false.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I was about to ask if Charizard's final smash was changed then I remembered we got Pokemon Trainer now so

Just a shot in the dark, since people are now throwing around the idea of just getting an Ultra Beast as an echo or something

What's your thoughts on Ultra Charizard getting a slot?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Inceroar is meh Decuideye is better we dont have a grass starter Charazard Greninja and Decuideye
Number 1-Incineroar is the best don't even start with me.

Number 2-Ivysaur is sitting right there. and don't say "fully evolved grass starter" because Charizard's part of Pokemon Trainer again.
at this moment Greninja is the only stand alone fully evolved starter in Smash, there is no trio to complete anymore.

?????????????

Smash Master
For Incineroar...

It's wholly unique on it's own, and we don't have a dedicated Fire starter anymore now that Charizard is part of the Trainer again.

I probably just like the idea because Zangief is my favorite Street Fighter character.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I was about to ask if Charizard's final smash was changed then I remembered we got Pokemon Trainer now so

Just a shot in the dark, since people are now throwing around the idea of just getting an Ultra Beast as an echo or something

The heck is Ultra Charizard?

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Guys if could add one more Chracther from the fire emblem series which would itbe?
For me maybe Elegard or Ephiram i cant choose

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I learned today while talking to people about leaks that the statement "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" is BS and everything is assumed true until it can be proven false.
Aww, Psycho, it's just the cycle! Those of us that have SEEN all the BS leaks before are used to this. But there's a whole new generation here!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

I don't have any because Ultra Charizard doesn't exist /s

In all seriousness, I'd want it if only for the fact that I really want Rock Smash back.

?????????????

Smash Master
Guys if could add one more Chracther from the fire emblem series which would itbe?
For me maybe Elegard or Ephiram i cant choose
I want to wait on Edelgard simply because we aren't 100% sure of her role yet, although she LOOKS like a great prospect.

At the moment? I'd say Azura. I think it's a good opportunity to add a main Lance-wielding character.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It indeed is very charming seeing these leaks being discussed for over 4 pages.

Back in the Leaks & Speculation days Burb or someone would've come in and shut it down in one simple snarky post and we would've felt like idiots.
We have changed...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think we're forgetting the true best Xenoblade newcomer. The Ardainian Soldier. I don't think anybody can take him. They're all done for.
Nah.

Reyn will dunk people harder than Mario's F-Air

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I want to wait on Edelgard simply because we aren't 100% sure of her role yet, although she LOOKS like a great prospect.

At the moment? I'd say Azura. I think it's a good opportunity to add a main Lance-wielding character.
Her down B is her dancing and being like "siiiinnnngg with meeeee a sooonnng", and the longer you hold it down the more buffs you get.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dunno, one of Banjo Kazooie's official renders has Banjo actually choking Kazooie.
View attachment 161099
They always seemed to have a "You're my best friend and I love you but I will literally stab you if you don't stop eating my doritos" relationship to me.
It's literally how they are with each other. That's partially why this render is so good.
I know, but this kind of humorous depth on their relationship dynamic was shown only in few occurrences, mainly the idle animations in B&K when Kazooie messes with Banjo a bit. Also Tooie having Banjo kind of abuse Kazooie but I think that was more for game-based slapstick than anything.

But yeah, to portray this side of them more exaggeratedly as their "character artwork", in contrast to how their fans generally know them as, feels weird and bit of OOC even... Banjo and Kazooie in the very end, I don't remember being shown with love&hate relationship - they just seemed rather amicable buddy duo of a nice bear and sassy breegull. I guess it just irks me out a bit if this would Sakurai's way of giving the first impression of B&K to those unknowing of them and they'd end up believing they are more at each other's throats than they are canonically portrayed.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Back in the Leaks & Speculation days Burb or someone would've come in and shut it down in one simple snarky post and we would've felt like idiots.
We have changed...
Well, at least these recent leaks have more effort put into them than text leak #718.

Chrono.

Already have the 3ds stage with Zekrom as a boss
1. That's not even the same Pokemon.
2. It's a hazard, not a boss.

We have changed...
Where IS Burb these days.

I saw him show up after E3 but nothing after.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So yeah despite my pretty major mistake

Mega Charizard upgraded to character

Like... I'm not sure how'd it'd even work tbh. He can't be an echo of Pokemon trainer, unless he could be. Just gets his own slot?

I somehow think people would be salty about that

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm in a decent position where I'd be alright with any of the runner-ups for a new Pokemon rep, be it an Alola starter, Ultra-Beast, or something else. That said, I'm mentally preparing myself for us not getting a newcomer since us getting three reps back is a big feat on its own.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
1. That's not even the same Pokemon.
2. It's a hazard, not a boss.

Where IS Burb these days.

I saw him show up after E3 but nothing after.
I hope he's doing okay! Dude was basically the cool shounen protag of that thread. Blue fox makes me think of him.
He'd probably school every poster in this thread, if I remember him correctly.

Dan

Smash Lord
You're talking about the Agnes leak? That one has already proven itself to be waaaaaay too sketchy. Everything form the quality of the renders to the full images we've received having a **** ton of problems.
Is there anything beyond the two images of the portraits and when Shadow, Chorus, Agnes and Wario are shown in a 4-player split? Is the Banjo/Dixie thing I saw a legitimate part of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom