• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Also a question for You Elma fans why do want her over Rex and Prya
I like Elma as a character, she's just a badass stoic military type and I love that, plus her design is incredible imo. She would also be a very fun and unique character using a combination of dual guns and dual swords. Xenoblade X is also one of my favourite games ever.

On the other hand I actively dislike rex and pyra, I really cannot stand their designs and personality wise I found rex annoying and pyra boring. I don't think they'd even be that interesting gameplay wise

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm...actually pretty stressed.

My union is on strike, so I haven't been working the last couple weeks, and I'm starting to get worried about finances.
I'm sorry, I don't know much about finances so I can't offer any advice.
But I just want you to know that i'm rooting for you, you can pull through this.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm sorry, I don't know much about finances so I can't offer any advice.
But I just want you to know that i'm rooting for you, you can pull through this.
Thank you. I'm not joking when I say that makes me feel a lot better.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Rex and Prya could unique i dont understand why people dislike Rex
None of us were saying he dislike Rex? Yes he doesn't always have fans, but his big issue is his design not being finalised at the time the Project Plan would've been written up. Elma was also at peak popularity then with X having come out that year.

LetterO

Smash Lord
No problem. Going forward, please keep it in mind.

Everyone doing good?
Still being the guy who really wants a RH character. That fake leak excited me a bit, but I really hope whoever it is, they're an actual 3D model.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Rex could use Pyra and Mythra switch between the two Mrytha would damage And Prya would be TANK idk but theu could make it work

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Screw Fire Emblem, screw Xenoblade. Just put Fortnite in Smash. Add John Wick as a playable character and then add Tilted Towers and you've got yourself a real winner of a smash game. Imagine the maximum BM of performing the default dance after taking a stock.

Chrono.

Elma managed to be a pretty alright character in a slightly lacking cast, but her moveset would be really cool. I was wanting her for Smash ever since playing X.

I actually did like Rex as a character (positive characters always tend to feel nice to play as, even if generic to some). Moveset wise I don't find him as interesting, unless they give him multiple Blades aside of Pyra/Mythra.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Looking at that supposed render, Kazooie messing with Banjo as their character pose feels kind of lame to imagine as official, over their trademark buddy duoness. :ohwell:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm just waiting on that Treasure Trove Cove remix...

I wonder how much Microsoft will play ball, content-wise, past the actual character. Such a collaboration is so unprecedented. They better not be SE stingy. :/
Since we're on the topic of Banjo, UH OH, JAM ALERT!

Those two are easily my favorites, along with Click Clock Wood. I really love Rusty Bucket Bay, but I'm not sure if it's because it took me over a year to beat as a kid and it got seared into my eardrums.

Love me some Grant Kirkhope.

Dan

Smash Lord
The leak does reek of the ESRB leak, but totally breaks up the fan service game; like from Ridley and K. Rool you naturally would go to Banjo, Dixie, Geno, Bandana Dee and Isaac (the only one included). Skull Kid is popular and the hinted at, but he is not top five or even seven (I would be happy to see him regardless); I mean, Sakurai seems dead set on Chorus Men and then you get Agnes (two characters hardly anyone requested, and no one would want Chorus Men if it wasn't a Sm4sh thing)... where do Gardevoir and Gothitelle fit into the picture, and what about the question mark?

The more and more I think about it, the more and more crazy real it seems; the DK TV Rhythm Heaven reference, the Golden Sun image reference, the Skull Kid references, supposedly a Square rep and Isabelle were leaked (and maybe Shadow?).

What's the status of the Banjo/Dixie image I randomly stumbled upon? Where did it come from?

I will honestly be more surprised at this point if it isn't real, but it is so sad how gullible we are considering what Omni did with Rayman; this looks like it could've been done in a fraction of the time, but it just feels real.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Rex could use Pyra and Mythra switch between the two Mrytha would damage And Prya would be TANK idk but theu could make it work
But rex himself is a pretty bland sword wielder, pyra could make him a little more interesting but the base moveset would probably be uninteresting for the most part.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Still 9:18 PM for me. Us West Coasters are inherently behind...
Not in the west coast we ain't.
It's still 9:21 here in Arizona...
And that's not considering Alaska and Hawaii. It's 8:20 and 6:20 PM for them respectively...
7481B7CB-548D-406C-A7C6-FEB0F5A4AC6F.gif

Well ****, well we’re practically close at this point. We’re only 3 months from learning about the full roster and features and playing the damn thing.
HELL YEAH!
TIME FOR A MONTH OF NOTHING UNTIL OCTOBER!
FE51AF2A-A086-4412-892A-262D8BDD4DF2.png

D

Deleted member

I actually did like Rex as a character (positive characters always tend to feel nice to play as, even if generic to some). Moveset wise I don't find him as interesting, unless they give him multiple Blades aside of Pyra/Mythra.
So what you're saying is we need to add in Ursula. :cool:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Looking at that supposed render, Kazooie messing with Banjo as their character pose feels kind of lame to imagine as official, over their trademark buddy duoness. :ohwell:
I dunno, one of Banjo Kazooie's official renders has Banjo actually choking Kazooie.
Banjo_choke.png
They always seemed to have a "You're my best friend and I love you but I will literally stab you if you don't stop eating my doritos" relationship to me.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok so here's a thing. I do not think the Gen 7 rep is Inceneroar. I think that if the Gen 7 was Inceneroar Verg's sources would be more sure on it.

I think it's an Ultra Beast because of their importance to those games and to the anime (from what I hear) and I think it might be Buzzwole. I think of it was a Final Evo of one of the starters it would have leaked a long time ago. So I don't think it is.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
(Opinion
Cool character design, personality (military) and potential moveset (dual swords) in smash.
Rex/Pyra while new there weapon is literally a (spoiler) sword and there mechanic is finicky. Character design and personality are both questionable.

Unfortunately Xeno being a new series there arguments over whether both will get a slot or not and along with leaks and rumours so far suggests we may not even get a Xeno character so its up in the air at the moment.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The leak does reek of the ESRB leak, but totally breaks up the fan service game; like from Ridley and K. Rool you naturally would go to Banjo, Dixie, Geno, Bandana Dee and Isaac (the only one included). Skull Kid is popular and the hinted at, but he is not top five or even seven (I would be happy to see him regardless); I mean, Sakurai seems dead set on Chorus Men and then you get Agnes (two characters hardly anyone requested, and no one would want Chorus Men if it wasn't a Sm4sh thing)... where do Gardevoir and Gothitelle fit into the picture, and what about the question mark?

The more and more I think about it, the more and more crazy real it seems; the DK TV Rhythm Heaven reference, the Golden Sun image reference, the Skull Kid references, supposedly a Square rep and Isabelle were leaked (and maybe Shadow?).

What's the status of the Banjo/Dixie image I randomly stumbled upon? Where did it come from?

I will honestly be more surprised at this point if it isn't real, but it is so sad how gullible we are considering what Omni did with Rayman; this looks like it could've been done in a fraction of the time, but it just feels real.
You're talking about the Agnes leak? That one has already proven itself to be waaaaaay too sketchy. Everything form the quality of the renders to the full images we've received having a **** ton of problems.

?????????????

Smash Master
Ok so here's a thing. I do not think the Gen 7 rep is Inceneroar. I think that if the Gen 7 was Inceneroar Verg's sources would be more sure on it.

I think it's an Ultra Beast because of their importance to those games and to the anime (from what I hear) and I think it might be Buzzwole. I think of it was a Final Evo of one of the starters it would have leaked a long time ago. So I don't think it is.
One of Verg's sources says it's Incineroar; I think that's still the most likely scenario.

However, if it WASN'T...my personal favorite choice is Tapu Koko.

.....well, besides Decidueye.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The angle of his face is exactly the same.
They're both of banjo looking over his shoulder yes, but it's far from the only artwork I've seen of Banjo looking over his shoulder.

When further looking at it, I guess it is the closest one I've seen, but everything from the teeth, nose, fur, eyes (obviously), are completely different.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate incineroar because it's practically another fire/ fighting in every way but type. It's based off fighting, it's moves are fighting.

But Buzzwole is legitimately one of my favorite pokemon overall.

So even though he is ACTUALLY a fighting type, I would welcome him.

amageish

Smash Master
I have an idea.

Since I hear "Too many FIre Emblem characters in Smash" a whole heck of a lot, why not have a Fire Emblem fighting game? You'll have all of your favorites without having to worry about oh, I want to see him or no, I want to see her in Smash or whatever it may be. I could see gameplay similar to Marvel vs. Capcom with it's 3 on 3's and that delightful work of animation it has. I dunno, that's just a little short idea I had in mind.
Great idea in premise, but given how Fire Emblem Warriors demonstrated a... unique selection process for characters... I dunno if most fans would trust the overall series to be represented well.

That said, FEW did at least contain Lyn... after Nintendo executives told the developers they had to include her on the grounds of her being "American Marth" (and her being voted the most popular FE character of all time in FEH polls probably didn't hurt either).

Also, I really hoped the "I don't want character X, therefore I will assume character X's fans only like them on the grounds of sex appeal" arguments would be gone after Ashley was deconfirmed, but, I see they've popped back up for Lyn discussion. Great...

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I like her design more.

I like her potential playstyle more.

I like her game more.

She’d be more unique than Rex and Pyra. Basically, opinions. There’s alot of people that like Elma, and it shows after her XC2 reveal.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Inceroar is meh Decuideye is better we dont have a grass starter Charazard Greninja and Decuideye

Noipoi

Howdy!

I mean it could happen, and I certainly wouldn't mind Buzzwole, but did any of Verge's sources leak K Rool before 8.8?
I don't think all his sources have all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom