• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Not to break anyone's spirits here in regards to Banjo, but if we do get him...

...odds are he'll look like this:

I mean, Sonic already met him like this:

And I know there are people out there that aren't particularly fond of this design but since this is his most recent design it is probably the one which would be used in Smash.

In which case, all other image rumors of the character might be insatiably far off.

Yeah, I bet they'd do them that way like they did our last 3rd parties:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He's going to be an assist trophy. Call it a feeling, but Ashley was about as, if not more popular than Bandana Dee and she's still an assist trophy.
Yeah uh...Bandana Dee was a decent bit ahead of Ashley from the polls I generally saw. Could be wrong, but.
I don't think there's any real way to read Sakurai's AT picks.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A character shouldn't be in Smash just because you like their sexy long legs
Is this what we've devolved to?

"You don't actually like this female character! You only think they're sexy!"

That is degrading to females.

That is degrading to female character's fans.

And its degrading to you.

Don't do stuff like this.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
edit: my words per minute make my message way slow and a bit rude so I'm just gonna

pull that back real quick.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Really meaningful post here. /s

Since Banjo is 3rd party, unlike K. Rool, Microsoft might give Sakurai specific requirements for his visual design.

Also, K. Rool looks almost exactly like your image. The only difference is the gold armor on his belly.

This, however, is actually a good argument. If Microsoft lets Sakurai use the classic design, he might opt for it.
Well if my argument isn't good enough it unfortunately seems this page has been devoted to booming you.
Godspeed my friend. Your point was...understandable.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The leak does reek of the ESRB leak, but totally breaks up the fan service game; like from Ridley and K. Rool you naturally would go to Banjo, Dixie, Geno, Bandana Dee and Isaac (the only one included). Skull Kid is popular and the hinted at, but he is not top five or even seven (I would be happy to see him regardless); I mean, Sakurai seems dead set on Chorus Men and then you get Agnes (two characters hardly anyone requested, and no one would want Chorus Men if it wasn't a Sm4sh thing)... where do Gardevoir and Gothitelle fit into the picture, and what about the question mark?

The more and more I think about it, the more and more crazy real it seems; the DK TV Rhythm Heaven reference, the Golden Sun image reference, the Skull Kid references, supposedly a Square rep and Isabelle were leaked (and maybe Shadow?).

What's the status of the Banjo/Dixie image I randomly stumbled upon? Where did it come from?

I will honestly be more surprised at this point if it isn't real, but it is so sad how gullible we are considering what Omni did with Rayman; this looks like it could've been done in a fraction of the time, but it just feels real.
I'll answer that question.

They don't.

The Gardevoir/Gothitelle ""leak"" is fake. Dude got lucky and that's it. No datamine of the game currently exists, and if one did it'd be very apparent.

It. Is. Fake.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Thing with me and Bandanna is... the only resource we have to expect him is popularity in the ballots.

That's what we had with Ashley and it didn't go very well.

I suspect Skull Kid because he is missing from his own Assist Trophy and the chairs

I suspect Geno because of the skin and Sakurai's comments about how he wanted to add him in the last game

Bandanna doesn't have anything other than the fact that he's missing, so I'm kinda afraid for him

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Yup :ultpacman:.
They totally :ultmegaman:.
Absolutey :ultsimon:.
Have to go with the most recent design :ultkrool:.
this being said, the same did not apply to Simon, who was given his OG barbarian looks. As we can see with Pac-Man and Sonic, though, Microsoft probably gets the final say on how they'll appear if they appear.
Considering Konami's most recent portayal of Simon was this:

And in Super Bomberman R he retained his Barbarian look as well.

His OG look was guaranteed.

Well if my argument isn't good enough it unfortunately seems this page has been devoted to booming you.
Godspeed my friend. Your point was...understandable.
You call that an argument?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thing with me and Bandanna is... the only resource we have to expect him is popularity in the ballots.

I suspect Skull Kid because he is missing from his own Assist Trophy and the chairs

I suspect Geno because of the skin and Sakurai's comments about how he wanted to add him in the last game

Bandanna doesn't have anything other than the fact that he's missing, so I'm kinda afraid for him
Bandanna's not missing, he was never here in the first place.

?????????????

Smash Master
"Likeliness" aside, should Banjo-Kazooie be playable in Smash, I would HOPE they would be reminiscent of their original designs.

Y'know. The Nintendo ones. That actually looked good. And that people actually liked.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
If Banjo-Kazooie gets in, they'd be the first third-party character that I can't think of an Echo Fighter for.

Just something to note.

Actually I can't think of potential Echo Fighters for any of the potential Microsoft characters. Master Chief, Steve, and Banjo all feel extremely unique and inimitable.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Not to break anyone's spirits here in regards to Banjo, but if we do get him...

...odds are he'll look like this:

I mean, Sonic already met him like this:

And I know there are people out there that aren't particularly fond of this design but since this is his most recent design it is probably the one which would be used in Smash.

In which case, all other image rumors of the character might be insatiably far off.
Guarantee Sakurai wouldn’t go for that. No one would go for that. Crap game sold crap. Why do you think it ended there?

Chrono.

For what it's worth, he probably didn't get a Mii costume because... Well...

How? Just a bandana lol? Or go full fursuit Waddle Dee?

LetterO

Smash Lord

I mean, he wasn't in Dedede's final smash. Does that count?

Chrono.

If Banjo-Kazooie gets in, they'd be the first third-party character that I can't think of an Echo Fighter for.

Just something to note.

Actually I can't think of potential Echo Fighters for any of the potential Microsoft characters. Master Chief, Steve, and Banjo all feel extremely unique and inimitable.
Yooka-Laylee lol.

This isn't serious.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Just something to note.

Clearly Banjo is an echo of Duck Hunt. They're both animal duos. Obviously that means they're very similar.

Slavic

Considering Konami's most recent portayal of Simon was this:

His OG look was guaranteed.
yea I'm very unqualified for any sort of Castlevania discussion I'll admit (I have no idea what that's a picture of), also I had gotten rid of that message because I felt it was a bit rude so I apologize for that. I just knew a fair number of people discussed which design he was going to use aaaaaaand that was the entire thesis for my post

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Rex and Prya could unique i dont understand why people dislike Rex
After finishing the story for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, nothing could stop me from wanting Rex and Pyra in Smash, however their best hope is DLC due to timing which is still fine cause we could still get them. But I can see Elma having a better chance due the timing of her game, plus who wouldn't love dual guns and swords, and ability to dodge enemy attacks (Ghost Factory Ghostwalker), and a giant mech suit for a Final Smash.

That being said, I want both characters.
So what you're saying is we need to add in Ursula. :cool:
We are... Ursula's New Groove! And we'll do what we can!... Everyone's counting on me, I gotta step it up!

Also the merc mission soundtrack is amazing if Sakurai extended it just a bit it would be glorious.
Ursula was the first uncommon Blade I got in the game.
Mine too, luckily I got her on Nia too.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I kinda hope banjo will get "Smashified" like with K Rool.
Take the base of his iconic, original design, but add the few good elements from his modern design. Like how K Rool got that gem on his cape.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Just something to note.

Steve could get Banjo as an Echo.

As in, Minecraft skin Banjo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man. I look away for like 5 Hours and suddenly there's 10 new pages.

I hope nothing exploded while I was gone. I swear this thread moves faster and faster everyday.

Anyway, I'm done with my Poll analsis, and it can be found on this thread here.

Slavic

Take the base of his iconic, original design, but add the few good elements from his modern design. Like how K Rool got that gem on his cape.
well, the alleged leak of this B+K does that with Kazooie's head feathers which are fur originally, so it is blended together in such a way from what limited aspects I can see. Though an argument could certainly be made that Kazooie's mohawk was always supposed to be feathers.

Last edited:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
What even are any good elements from the modern design? Does it really add much of anything new rather than just stylizing already present elements?

Edit: Kazooie's head feathers look better than fur.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord

I hope nothing exploded while I was gone. I swear this thread moves faster and faster everyday.

I'll never understand the hype behind Ashley. So many would make way better WW reps.

Anyways, good job to Chorus Kids for making it into the top 30!

Noipoi

Howdy!
What even are any good elements from the modern design? Does it really add much of anything new rather than just stylizing already present elements?

Edit: Kazooie's head feathers look better than fur.
I kinda like the stylization, I just think Nuts & Bolts took it a bit too far.
There's a happy medium between the classic designs and the stylized designs, and I think Sakurai could find it.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

Interesting to look at that data you got there for sure. Appreciate the analysis that you've done!

Glad to see Rex & Pyra and Elma do quite well in terms of most wanted and popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom