• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Got another game we can play. The rules are pretty simple. Order Ultimate's newcomers (not including vets) from most to least favorite, then place your two most-wanted, currently unconfirmed characters on the list.

For example:
:ultridley::ultinkling:
:ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom:

I was so excited to get Ridley and the Inklings, and I don't think there's anyone left who could top them. Lycanroc and Mipha are two characters I've been faithfully supporting, so I'd be a little more excited for them than I was with the rest of the current newcomers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
67 + 6 clones = 73 characters
Now try to add 27 characters to make it 100, extra points if you go for variety of franchises and not just grab 20 pokemons.
Cracks knuckles (no not that Knuckles lmao)

74. Elma
75. Fiora (Elma Echo)
76. Bandana Waddle Dee
77. Chorus Kids
78. Isaac
79. Buzzwole
80. KOS-MOS
81. Neku
82. Dante
83. Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell
84. Shantae
85. Ayumi Tachibana
86. Mio Amakura
87. Celica (Robin Echo)
88. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon Echo)
89. Zack (Cloud Echo)
90. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
91. Isabelle (Villager Echo)
92. Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong Echo)
93. Rex & Pyra
94. Addam & Mythra (Rex & Pyra Echo)
95. Twintelle
96. Dr. Coyle
97. Rayman
98. Octoling (Inkling Echo)
99. Kumatora (Lucas Echo)
And finally...wait for it...
100. Crash Bandicoot, mutha ****as!!

That was easy!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Got another game we can play. The rules are pretty simple. Order Ultimate's newcomers (not including vets) from most to least favorite, then place your two most-wanted, currently unconfirmed characters on the list.

For example:

I was so excited to get Ridley and the Inklings, and I don't think there's anyone left who could top them. Lycanroc and Mipha are two characters I've been faithfully supporting, so I'd be a little more excited for them than I was with the rest of the current newcomers.
:ultsimon:(Elma):ultinkling:(Waddle Dee):ultrichter::ultchrom::ultkrool::ultridley::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus:

I’ll grab the Elma and Waddle Dee fan made stock icons later

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now try to add 27 characters to make it 100, extra points if you go for variety of franchises and not just grab 20 pokemons.
Paper Mario
Dr. Luigi
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Toon Zelda
Hilda
Sidon
Bandana Dee
Ninten
Celica
Viridi
Medusa
Shadow
Tails
Amy
Eggman
Isabelle
Glass Joe
Pyra/Mythra (no Rex...only waifus)
Ken
Octolings
Scorpion
Shantae
Balloon Fighter
Clementine

For example:

:ultinkling:Shadow/:ultridley:/:ultkrool:Viridi:ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Inklings were my top pick last game...now they’re forever scarred by the flaming Smash ball
Shadow is a must know that Mr.No Chuckles Flex Muscles is the new Sanic AT
Ridley made a statement real quick and K Rool is extra thicc...with some sexy *** music
Viridi...I just want her (Medusa works aswell...but Viridi)
Daisy caught me off guard
Chrom and Dark Samus became obvious, but more characters are good
Don’t play the series but I know Simon
...who the **** are you supposed to be?..

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

For example:

I don't know where yall get the icons from so just imagine Dixie and Elma are the top 2 anyway
:ultridley: Was my fifth most wanted newcomer before the game was announced
:ultdarksamus: Love metroid prime and all her animations are awesome
:ultkrool: Not a big fan but he looks cool
:ultinkling: They look fun, were pretty expected
:ultrichter: Better design than simon at least and the moveset is awesome, don't know about him though and have never played
:ultsimon: Pretty much same as richter
:ultdaisy: Find her annoying personally
:ultchrom: Why are you here...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For example:

Here's my list.
:ultchrom:
image.png
image.png
:ultsimon::ultkrool::ultinkling::ultridley::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

For example:

:ultkamek::ultinkling::ultmarx::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultridley:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For example:

(Wonder-Red)(Protector):ultridley::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultinkling::ultchrom::ultkrool::ultdaisy:

Ridley has been one of my most wanted since Smash 4.
Playing the CV games after Simon and Richter were announced made me more excited for them and finally got me into CV, I still like Richter more despite only playing the prologue of SotN with him lol
I just think she's neat
Simon is the same as Richter but I'm not a fan of 80s designs
He's a better Roy in every way so...
Don't have a personal connection to King K.Rool but he looks cool
Put her in a dumpster fire

EDIT: forgot the Inklings whoops

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

For example:

:ultridley::ultkrool:Skull Kid, Banjo, :ultinkling::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultdaisy:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

For example:

:ultkrool::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultchrom:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Skull Kid
2. 7th Generation Pokemon Rep - Inceniroar
3. Elma
4. Ken Masters (Ryu Echo)
5. Ayumi Tachibana
6. Isaac
7. Heihachi Mishima
8. Isabelle
9. Shadow (possible Sonic Echo)
10. Excitebiker
11. Rex & Pyra (DLC)
12. Malos (Shulk Echo) as DLC
13. Springman (DLC)
14. Geno
15. Bandana Dee
16. Viridi or Medusa (Palutena Echo)
17. Edelgard (DLC)
18. Terry Bogard
19. Ryu Hayabusa
20. Jack Frost
21. Chorus Men
22. Octoling (Inkling Echo)
23. Dillon
24. Lloyd Irving
25. Black Shadow
26. Twintelle (DLC)
27. Celica (Robin Echo)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

For example:

:ultridley:
:ultkrool::ultdarksamus:
:ultsimon::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultdaisy::ultinkling:

Although I'm excited about every one of the newcomers, none of them even come close to Ridley, I'm already more than set with him alone. Skull Kid would still be really really cool though, I'd definitely give him a genuine shot in competitive matches as an alternative, and Bandana Dee could also be fun when I'm messing around in other modes and casual matches.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
1) Medusa (Palutena Echo)
2) Gardevoir
3) Raichu (Pikachu Echo)
4) Octoling (Inkling Echo)
5) Rex & Pyra
6) Geno
7) Zack (Cloud Echo)
8) Shadow (Sonic Echo)
9) Ken (Ryu Echo)
10) Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man Echo)
11) Jeanne (Bayo Echo)
12) Incenaroar
13) Impa (Sheik Echo)
14) Sora
15) Roxas (Sora Echo)
16) Isaac
17) Felix (Isaac Echo)
18) Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo)
19) Funky Kong (DK Echo)
20) Black Knight (Ike Echo)
21) Bandanna Waddle Dee
22) Terra Branford
23) Celica (Robin Echo)
24) Paper Mario
25) Springman
26) Ribbongirl (Springman Echo)
27) Isabelle (Villager)

I tried to keep it true to this game, so only 10 are unique, 17 are Echoes. 18 different series are represented with 3 being entirely new.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Rex (Xenoblade)
Elma (Xenoblade)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Decidueye (Pokemon)
Celica (Fire Emblem)
Hector (Fire Emblem)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem)
Alm (Fire Emblem)
Ryoma (Fire Emblem)
Xander (Fire Emblem)
Leif (Fire Emblem)
Eliwood (Fire Emblem)
Lilina (Fire Emblem)
Seth (Fire Emblem)
Tiki (Fire Emblem)
Nowi (Fire Emblem)
Kana (Fire Emblem)
Rowan (Fire Emblem)
Lianna (Fire Emblem)
Edelgard (Fire Emblem)
Dimitri (Fire Emblem)
Owain (Fire Emblem)
Seliph (Fire Emblem)
Lon'qu (Fire Emblem)
Vaike (Fire Emblem)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would never get over it if Ms. PAC-MAN got in despite just being Pac with a bow, but still leave :4alph: in the dust.
distasteful, IMO

Rex
Elma
Dixie Kong
Decidueye
Celica
Hector
Micaiah
Alm
Ryoma
Xander
Leif
Eliwood
Lilina
Seth
Tiki
Nowi
Kana
Rowan
Lianna
Edelgard
Dimitri
Owain
Seliph
Lon'qu
Vaike
Black Knight
Skull Kid
just because he said 20 pokemon didnt mean 20 fire emblem dude :laugh:

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Order Ultimate's newcomers (not including vets) from most to least favorite, then place your two most-wanted, currently unconfirmed characters on the list.
Skull Kid, Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy, Richter, Dark Samus, Inkling, Waddle Dee, Simon, Chrom

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would never get over it if Ms. PAC-MAN got in despite just being Pac with a bow, but still leave :4alph: in the dust.
distasteful, IMO

just because he said 20 pokemon didnt mean 20 fire emblem dude :laugh:
Even then, Sakurai would have to beat Bamco in an arm-wrestling contest just so he can get to put Ms. Pac-Man. They barely acknowledge her existence at all these days.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

For example:

Ooh, only 2? This is tough since I've basically got a tie for second between Tails and Urbosa. I think Tails pulls it out though, but that switches daily.

:ultridley::ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultinkling::ultdarksamus:

T-Hell

Smash Lord

For example:

Chibi-Robo:ultkrool::ultridley:Banjo&Kazooie:ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultrichter::ultchrom:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Shadow's playable, you actually better be thanking Richter for showing 3rd party echoes/more then one franchise reps in general are possible :p
I’ll thank the edge for Shadow joining
Even then, Sakurai would have to beat Bamco in an arm-wrestling contest just so he can get to put Ms. Pac-Man. They barely acknowledge her existence at all these days.
Poor Pac Lady...waka waka

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

For example:

:ultrabbidmario::ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultwaddledee::ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultchrom::ultrichter:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Very well.

1) Geno (Mario RPG franchise)
2) Vaati (Legend of Zelda Franchise)
3) Lark/Nester (Pilotwings/Virtual Boy/Nintendo Power franchise)
4) Crono (Chrono Trigger Franchise)
5) Team Rocket (Pokémon Franchise)
6) Lanky Kong (Donkey Kong Franchise)
7) Lola Pop (echo of Lanky Kong... or is Lanky the echo? ARMs Franchise)
8) Bonk (Bonk Franchise)
9) Mike Jones (Star Tropics Franchise)
10) Henry Fleming (Codename STEAM franchise)
11) Andy (Advance Wars Franchise)
12) Arvis/Alvis (Fire Emblem Franchise)
13) Bub and Bob (Bubble Bobble/Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move franchises)
14) Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden Franchise)
15) Porky (Earthbound Franchise)
16) Pico (F-Zero Franchise)
17) Toad (With Toadette, Captain Toad, and Toadsworth alts, Super Mario Franchise)
18) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Franchise)
19) Tails (Sonic Franchise)
20) Harry (Teleroboxer Franchise)
21) Medusa (Kid Icarus Franchise)
22) Bald Bull/Masked Wrestler (Punch Out/Arm Wrestling franchises)
23) Isabelle (Animal Crossing franchise)
24) Isaac (Golden Sun Franchise)
25) Dillon (Dillon’s Rolling Western Franchise)
26) Mallo (Pushmo/Crashmo Franchise)
27) Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur Franchise with a Tekken Nod)

Only half reused a franchise. Mario’s. But he’s like eighty franchises. If I really can’t reuse him, I guess replace either Toad crew or Geno with...

Alternate) 9 Volt (Wario Franchise... unless that also counts as a Mario franchise.... then Captain Syrup... but that might also be a mario Franchise... but it’s also a different Wario Franchise...)

Anyway, I’ll take my bonus points now.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

For example:

:ultridley:(Skull Kid) (Elma):ultinkling::ultchrom::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultrichter:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My list thing

:ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultrichter:

My Top 3 going into this game was Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Ridley. And with one confirmed and the other two in good positions. I'm feeling pretty happy

The other newcomers have all been great too, Richter I'm iffy towards but I just hope we keep secondary third party characters limites to echoes. I'd still rather keep the focus on Nintendo

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'll have some fun!

1) Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
2) Gallade (Pokemon)
3) Bandana Dee (Kirby)
4) Susie Haltman (Kirby)
5) Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles)
6) Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles)
7) Malos (Xenoblade Chronicles) (Echo of Shulk)
8) Revali (The Legend of Zelda)
9) Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
10) Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
11) Azura (Fire Emblem)
12) Takumi (Fire Emblem)
13) Primarina (Pokemon)
14) Tapu Koko (Pokemon)
15) Jin Kazama (Tekken)
16) Ken Masters (Street Fighter) (Echo of Ryu)
17) Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic) (Echo of Sonic)
18) Isabelle (Animal Crossing) (Echo of Villager)
19) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong ) (Echo of Diddy Kong)
20) Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
21) Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
22) Spring Man (ARMS)
23) Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
24) Viridi (Kid Icarus)
25) Medusa (Kid Icarus)
26) Ragna the Bloodege (BlazBlue)
27) Noel Vermillion (BlazBlue)

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

For example:

:ultridley::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultchrom:

With Krystal deconfirmed, Slippy's my most wanted now. I'd also kill to see James McCloud playable, but decided to go with uniques.
Sceptile is my most wanted Pokemon, but I'd be more than happy with Decidueye or Lycanroc. They all kinda share the same place with me.
Ridley and Inklings are two characters I've wanted to see, and I am very happy to see them both.
King K. Rool wasn't a character I directly supported, but I feel he's a great addition to the roster.
Simon I'd be much more excited for if we didn't have so many 3rd Parties already. I'm very conservative with 3rd Parties.
Daisy and Dark Samus are two clones I don't mind seeing, though Dark Samus places lower because she has more missed potential.
Richter and Chrom are clones I was not happy to see. Like I said, I'm very conservative with 3rd Parties, and now we have a fourth variation of Marth.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

For example:

I'll try to remain realistic by picking characters from my predictions:

Banjo & Kazooie: One of my favorite games from the N64 era, great/unique moveset, and would make the game complete for me.
:ultkrool: King K Rool: Never got to play DK64 as a kid, didn't have the memory pak, but the trailer gave me great Rare vibes, and he looks cool.
Shadow: SA2 is one of my favorite games--add in some Chaos Control elements to Sonic's moveset would make him better.
:ultrichter: Richter: I like the new moves with them, whipping people with a chain--I prefer his look more.
:ultsimon: Simon: Less into the barbarian look, but it is a classic.
:ultinkling: Inkling: Inking people looks cool, otherwise not much.
:ultridley: Ridley: Glad for the fans, and looks cool, but a bit too... big... for my tastes.
:ultdaisy: Daisy: Was never a fan of Peach's moves, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Daisy.
:ultchrom: Chrom: I don't know anything Fire Emblem, but it's cool he combines traits from various characters.
:ultdarksamus: Dark Samus: Not a fan of Dr. Mario or Dark Pit for the same reason. We now have a Metroid villan, and feels redundant. Glad for the fans, tho.

EDIT:

pfffffffffffffffff, you guys still use Roster Builder?

View attachment 159737

Roster Maker ftw
I do prefer Roster Maker, but it's not good for making quick and dirty lists :p Here's my prediction roster from a week ago (which is already outdated):

Last edited:

anto_oberlin

Smash Rookie
Since there are a lot of leaks in te air I’m expecting:
  • Isaac (Matthew as Echo)
  • Geno
  • Karate Joe
  • Gardevoir (Gothitelle as Echo)
  • Skull Kid
  • Isabelle (Villager Echo)
  • Decidueye
  • Shadow (Sonic Echo)

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
  1. Geno
  2. Captain Toad (not sure if you guys take him as deconfirmed at this point but I'm putting him anyway lol)
  3. Skull Kid
  4. Ganon (as in Pig Ganon)
  5. Impa (I'd rather have her with a Hyrule Warriors-inspired moveset but let's be realistic, Sheik Echo)
  6. Donkey Kong Jr. (DK echo)
  7. Dixie Kong (Diddy echo? If she'd constitute an echo she'd be even more different than Chrom)
  8. Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi echo)
  9. Slippy
  10. Peppy (Fox echo)
  11. Marx
  12. Raichu (Pikachu echo)
  13. Gardevoir
  14. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo)
  15. Celica (Robin echo)
  16. Raiden (Snake echo, based on MGS2 Raiden)
  17. Dr. Eggman
  18. Shadow (Sonic echo)
  19. Isabelle
  20. Elma
  21. Jin (Xenoblade Jin, not Tekken Jin)
  22. Malos (Shulk echo)
  23. Phoenix Wright
  24. Apollo Justice (Phoenix echo)
  25. Mike Jones
  26. Saki Amamiya
  27. Wonder Red

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
27 more
Since there are a lot of leaks in te air I’m expecting:
  • Isaac (Matthew as Echo)
  • Geno
  • Karate Joe
  • Gardevoir (Gothitelle as Echo)
  • Skull Kid
  • Isabelle (Villager Echo)
  • Decidueye
  • Shadow (Sonic Echo)
The Gardevoir leak basically was confirmed fake. But that's a good list (If you add Dixie)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

For example:

:ultridley::ultkrool:(Rayman):ultinkling:(Wonder Red):ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultchrom::ultdaisy:

Admittedly, it's a big gap between Ridley, K. Rool, and the rest.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Isaac
Banjo and Kazooie
Elma
Bandana Waddle Dee
Masked Man
Porky Minch
Black Shadow
Sceptile
Inceneroar
Chorus Kids
Urbosa
Skull Kid
Geno
Dixie Kong
Paper Mario
Sora
Boshi (for Zinith Zinith )
Edelgard
Spring Man
Rex and Pyra
Octolings
Crash Bandicoot
Impa
Isabelle
Felix
Andy
Lloyd

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
27 more

The Gardevoir leak basically was confirmed fake. But that's a good list (If you add Dixie)
No it wasn't. Brawl & 3DS/Wii U had similar character coding, but Melee & 64's were different and things change. Those were also the trophy listings referenced, not characters, and Mario2 could be placeholder.

Is it fake, most likely, but not confirmed yet.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
No it wasn't. Brawl & 3DS/Wii U had similar character coding, but Melee & 64's were different and things change. Those were also the trophy listings referenced, not characters, and Mario2 could be placeholder.

Is it fake, most likely, but not confirmed yet.
We need to get more information about Gardevoir/Gothitelle in order to for sure confirm it as fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom