• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I decided to see what I'd come up with if I completely filled in the roster maker.

I'd say it turned out okay.
*thumbs up*

Fixed my roster with HORIZONTALITY! (God, I hope I didn't miss anyone in the move).
153Horizontal Roster.png

Removed Jack Frost to make way for Ayumi, just for you @Tougon.

This roster is total insanity, and it shouldn't be taken seriously (except for the fact that the characters could, in theory, make Fighters).

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I think that Incineroar is the likely (and safe option) by the way, I just feel like the push for marketting is over, theyre ramping up for LGPE and Gen 8 now likely. Smash 3DS came out a year after XY and 2 years before SM, Ultimate is coming out 2 years after SM and less than a year before Gen 8.

D

Deleted member

Fixed my roster with HORIZONTALITY! (God, I hope I didn't miss anyone in the move).
View attachment 159700
Removed Jack Frost to make way for Ayumi, just for you @Tougon.

This roster is total insanity, and it shouldn't be taken seriously (except for the fact that the characters could, in theory, make Fighters).
Still didn't fix Isaac? smh, roster still sucks :4pacman:

Wait, is Little Mac an anime swordsman? WAS LITTLE MAC A PHOTOSHOPPED MARTH THIS WHOLE TIME?

max_0888

Smash Cadet
This is Such an exciting time to be a Smash fan. I have been reading this thread for a while and Hopefully most characters that are at the top of the list will get in.

I believe that as a marketing point of view a New pokemon makes sense. Ive never watched pokemon after generation 2 so I never got to know Lucario and Greninja but adding them to smash is the best way to make people discover the New generations. I personnally would prefer Snorlax (King k. Rool and Bowzer ' size ) haha but there is no way another génération 1 gets in.

Im Just happy Squirtle is back, he was my third character after Peach and Jigglypuff.

As for the rest, Geno would be one of my most wanted. Been a fan of Super Mario RPG for so long. I personnally prefer Mallow but having Geno would put Mario RPG back on the map which would be awesome. The music is so good it needs to be in smash.

Id be happy for Isaac fan but I need to find a way to play Golden Sun. Same for banana dee dont know the little guy but would gladly play the game he is the most important in.

Adding Shulk to smash was a smart move cause it made me play Xenoblade. Havent played the other two xenoblade game yet but if Elma or Rex are added I will get right to that.

Dixie needs to get in somehow. Pretty confident she will get in. Wouldnt mind her all that much as en echo as long as her up b is change to go with her hair.

Ken also needs to get in. I was suprised he wasnt announced at the same time as Ryu back then.

It would be nice to have Birdo and Tails too! I guess Shadow might have more of a shot but I prefer Tails.

I do not think Geno will be the Only Square character. Even if Sora is Disney it would make sense for square to push for Sora along with Geno. Personnally I wouldNT mind it but with my icon signature you guys can figure out that my most wanted would be Terra from FF6 with Celes as her echo.

I know we saw that FF music Only included two FF7 songs. But having two awesome female protagonists from my fave RPG of all time and a big SNES era RPG represent would Just kill me haha. Plus, on the SNES console that came out not to long ago, most games are from Smash related characters (Castlevania, F zero, Kirby, Star fox, Street fighter etc...) They also have Super mario rpg and FF6 dont know why it gives me hope but it does.

So here is my two cents on the subject

Oh also cant believe they put Captain Toad in the background of the New Mario stage istead of playable.

But even without any New characters this would Still be the biggest game ever !!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
How do you all get that roster maker? Mine is Roster maker 11.0, and it is heavily outdated.
Can I have a source to how you make that roster please?
We make the icons ourselves.
Still didn't fix Isaac? smh, roster still sucks :4pacman:
Bearded Isaac is DLC, it's not a character, it just adds a beard to all of Isaac's alts. It doesn't change colour, even if Isaac's hair does.
Wait, is Little Mac an anime swordsman? WAS LITTLE MAC A PHOTOSHOPPED MARTH THIS WHOLE TIME?
Not only is Little Mac an Anime Swordsman...

Mr Game & Watch is an anthro character.

Ice Climbers and ROB are medieval fantasy characters.

Olimar is a God/Angel.

Ayumi is a dog and duck in disguise.

Shantae is a CAPCOM character.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
I'm in a pretty good position right now since I like all of the current front runners for a Gen 7 rep so far but I also don't like, need any of them. Mimikyu would have been my first choice but hey, thems the breaks. I'm not gonna lie though, the Gardevoir / Gothitelle thing, even though it has no chance of being true, is also really really enticing.

D

Deleted member

Bearded Isaac is DLC, it's not a character, it just adds a beard to all of Isaac's alts. It doesn't change colour, even if Isaac's hair does.
Would I really pay money just to give a character a beard?

1410526330405388580.png

Yeah, probably.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
A feature I miss somewhat is the trophy item. You know, the trophy stand you threw at bosses and enemies for their trophies? With Assists, Pokeballs, and potentially bosses as enemies you can hit I'd love to see it back.

D

Deleted member

A feature I miss somewhat is the trophy item. You know, the trophy stand you threw at bosses and enemies for their trophies? With Assists, Pokeballs, and potentially bosses as enemies you can hit I'd love to see it back.
When I was replaying Subspace recently with my brother, I refused to advance past that second jungle level until we caught Rayquaza. Catching bosses was really fun, and if that extended to assists too, that would be amazing.

Zeox

Smash Champion
67 + 6 clones = 73 characters
Now try to add 27 characters to make it 100, extra points if you go for variety of franchises and not just grab 20 pokemons.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Guys does anyone know if it’s possible to use more than one pair of joy cons on one switch console at the same time. For example, if I buy another pair of joy cons (neon pink and green) will I be able to use them and the ones that came with the switch at the same time playing smash bros. It’s probably an obvious yes but I want to be sure considering they’re not cheap. Thanks for any help.

KMDP

Smash Legend
All these huge rosters, and nobody's adding Dovahkiin.

I am disappoint. :glare:
Sorry, Cap.

I've got to make way for 13 Zelda Characters, 13 Pokémon Characters, 14 Fire Emblem Characters and 9 Kirby Characters.

Along with the 38 40 third parties that are 100% necessary.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm in a pretty good position right now since I like all of the current front runners for a Gen 7 rep so far but I also don't like, need any of them. Mimikyu would have been my first choice but hey, thems the breaks. I'm not gonna lie though, the Gardevoir / Gothitelle thing, even though it has no chance of being true, is also really really enticing.
Same here buddy.

Ironically I'm super into the idea of Gothitelle but that wouldn't be Sakurai's first choice as a Gen V Pokemon, even as an Echo Fighter.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Square is never, EVER gonna use Geno, Mallow, Boshi, ect.. IDK why they don't just turn a quick buck and sell the rights to Ninty.
Generally media companies tend to horde their IPs and generally only sell them off as a last resort. It would also be a matter if Nintendo even wants to pay for the rights at all. They're probably could care less.

Smash Fans: "Ridley and K.Rool may have gotten in, but that means nothing! Geno is an irrelevant character from one game! There's no way Sakurai will add him!"
Sakurai: "For this Smash game, I've been choosing highly requested characters from the Smash Ballot."
Smash Fans: "Yeah, Geno is a sure thing."

Jeez, talk about a huge ****ing 180 degree turn here the past few days. Not that I'm complaining, but I just find it kinda funny.
I refer to my comment yesterday about how the community is easily distracted and forgetful when something shiny is waved in front of said face.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How do you all get that roster maker? Mine is Roster maker 11.0, and it is heavily outdated.
Can I have a source to how you make that roster please?
I'm still using version 9.0; I just downloaded new icons when the Smash Ultimate roster was revealed. 11.0 is the newest version.

To download new icons, you go to the roster maker thread and save any icons that you want into the Images folder (go to wherever you saved the Roster Maker, and it should be one of the four folders, along with Rosters, Lib, and Utils). Then, if it's anything like version 9, you open up Roster Maker and hit Control I (or go to File and select "Add new character icons...").

If a character has multiple icons (like Mario, for example), then you right click on the icon to cycle through them,

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Now try to add 27 characters to make it 100, extra points if you go for variety of franchises and not just grab 20 pokemons.

Bandana Dee
Kamek
Decidueye
Marx
Grovyle (PMD inspired moveset)
Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
Heracross
Fawful
Adeleine
Arcade Rabbit
Lycanroc (Dusk)
Ninten (Composite echo mostly over Lucas)
Blaziken (Captian Falcon)
Octoling (Inkling Echo)
Issac
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Skull Kid
Waluigi
Ashley
Rex and Pyra
Incineroar
Rayman
Dixie Kong
Shadow (Sonic Echo)
Isabelle (Villager echo)
Boshi (Yoshi Echo)

D

Deleted member

Challenge Accepted:

Perfect.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Generally media companies tend to horde their IPs and generally only sell them off as a last resort. It would also be a matter if Nintendo even wants to pay for the rights at all. They're probably could care less.
Pretty much. Unless Nintendo has big plans for Geno outside of Smash, there's not much of a reason for them to shell out some money and buy the rights from SE. Seems like they're content with Paper Mario and M+L, so I doubt SMRPG is getting a sequel or remake any time soon.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oh, Tougon, you naive fool. It can get way worse that 129 characters.

Oh ho... oh ho ho... oh ho ho ho.
Boom. 153 Characters. Maxxing out the Roster Maker grid.

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Reminds me of a roster I made trying to fill in 100 slots (though removing redundant characters like Dr. Mario, and some perhaps weird choices to present series neatly). Guess I didn't save it, but I remade it.

EDIT:

Interesting--I'll try to limit myself to characters who haven't been deconfirmed, as well as realistic (or semi-realistic) characters, as well as characters pre-2016 (I probably screwed up somewhere though).

Unique:
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Rayman
4. Tails
5. Jack Frost
6. Dante
7. Sora
8. Geno
9. Arthur
10. Heihachi
11. Bandana Waddle Dee
12. Skull Kid
13. Buzzwole
14. Elma
15. Paper Mario
16. Isaac
17. Wonder Red
18. Dillon
19. Excitebiker
20. Mach Rider

Echoes:
21. Shadow
22. Dixie
23. Isabelle
24. Ken
25. Medusa
26. Felix
27. Impa

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Guys does anyone know if it’s possible to use more than one pair of joy cons on one switch console at the same time. For example, if I buy another pair of joy cons (neon pink and green) will I be able to use them and the ones that came with the switch at the same time playing smash bros. It’s probably an obvious yes but I want to be sure considering they’re not cheap. Thanks for any help.
Yes. Any Joy Con for Switch or Switch Pro controller can be synced to your switch, even if it came with another switch or is already synced to a different one.

If you happen to have trouble syncing your controllers, google is always a good source for instructions in case you lost or misplaced your manual.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok, I'll go for 85 unique/15 echo total.

New Uniques:
  1. Urbosa/Mipha/Revali/Daruk (transformation like the Trainer)
  2. Skull Kid
  3. Toad(ette)
  4. Gardevoir
  5. Arcanine
  6. Buzzwole
  7. Isaac
  8. BWD
  9. Spring Man
  10. Elma
  11. Dovahkiin
  12. Tails
  13. Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
  14. Ivy (Soul Calibur)
  15. Banjo-Kazooie

New Echoes:
  1. Impa (Sheik)
  2. Dixie (Diddy)
  3. Midna (Zelda)
  4. Isabelle (Villager)
  5. Ken (Ryu)
  6. Siegfried (Nightmare)
  7. Shadow (Sonic)
  8. Azura (Mipha)
  9. Decidueye (Revali)

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Threw together this image of my top 25 wanted characters prior to the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. So far, three confirmed playable characters, two confirmed assist trophy characters, and two confirmed background characters. Credit to MoonlitIllusion and Golden Icarus for creating the icons.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shantae WAS a Capcom character (technically) at her inception.
Shantae didn’t have enough freedom to be sexy and weeb like due to Capcom not wanting anyone to attempt topping Jill, Clair, and Chun Li...why else do you think she escaped Capcom?

And I ain’t talking about no damn placements...I’m talking about freedom

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Shantae 1 on GBC was published by Capcom but she's still owned by Matt Bozon, hence she's an indie character.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
  1. Dry Bowser
  2. Paper Mario
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Impa
  5. Tingle
  6. Tetra
  7. Skull Kid
  8. Incineroar
  9. Dark Meta Knight
  10. Bandanna Dee
  11. Slippy
  12. Octoling
  13. Isabelle
  14. Prince of Sable
  15. Prince Richard
  16. Isaac
  17. Chorus Men
  18. Dillon
  19. Wonder Red
  20. Shadow
  21. Mecha Sonic
  22. Whatever Bravely Default character makes the most sense
  23. Russian Dancer (Tetris rep)
  24. Geno
  25. Shantae
  26. Phoenix Wright
  27. Goku

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing that occurs... They better have at least three more newcomers otherwise it'll end on an awkward number.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Seeing all the Ayumi discussion warms my heart:bee:.

When it comes to totally out there characters, she's hands down my favourite. The idea of seeing a 15 year-old school girl who plays amateur detective in her free time beating up on genetically engineered soldiers, legendary heroes wielding mythical blades, and aliens that are on near planet-busting levels of power is too good to ignore. She'd be a near R.O.B level surprise to most people.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Shantae 1 on GBC was published by Capcom but she's still owned by Matt Bozon, hence she's an indie character.
Which is unusual because most publishing deals usually involves the relinquishing of certain IP rights. Though given the original Shantae didn't exactly sell well (much due to the poor timing since it was a Gameboy Color game released during the start of the Gameboy Advance lifecycle) it may be possible it worked out differently at that time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Which is unusual because most publishing deals usually involves the relinquishing of certain IP rights. Though given the original Shantae didn't exactly sell well (much due to the poor timing since it was a Gameboy Color game released during the start of the Gameboy Advance lifecycle) it may be possible it worked out differently at that time.
Yeah, I think there must have been some kind of deal going. Maybe Capcom wasn't interested in the IP rights of a game that was releasing on GBC when GBA was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom