• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's a reference to this:

"This video is unavailable in your country"
Well fine, I didn't want to watch it anyway. *huff*
---
So... I went a bit crazy in Roster Maker...

BEHOLD! MY MASTERPIECE!
129-man Roster.png
129 Characters.

Super Smash Bros. Infinite

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
---

BEHOLD! MY MASTERPIECE!
129 Characters.

I notice Boshi isn't in there. It's not something I normally take issue with, but you've put him in rosters before to the point that someone thought you were an alt account of mine... :yoshi:

KMDP

Smash Legend
no chorus kids or karate joe, tsk tsk
No Kamek? 0/10 actually worthless
Sorry, had to make room for ALL THOSE ZELDA CHARACTERS!
I notice Boshi isn't in there. It's not something I normally take issue with, but you've put him in rosters before to the point that someone thought you were an alt account of mine... :yoshi:
I put Boshi in only two rosters, one of which was not even really a roster, but more something to show how ridiculous the level of clones could get (back when I didn't much like the idea of Echoes).

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Cool, I wonder that version.

If it's one with K. Rool or Simon, make sure to keep an eye on the Pokeballs and Assist trophies.
I live in the UK and have friends working at Insomnia.

It's identical to the E3 build, as is every other event demo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I live in the UK and have friends working at Insomnia.

It's identical to the E3 build, as is every other event demo.
Well, there's still a chance that there's Pokemon or Assists that we never got footage of.

I think someone mentioned seeing Dedenne but we havn't gotten pictures

T-Hell

Smash Lord
"The fire is within him, but also within you, so do not hesitate to fight. The seventh tiger is dangerous, ruthless and mean. Those who live in the 4 islands know him well".

A little riddle game regarding a potential character I just figured out for fun lmao.

Last edited:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
"The fire is within him, but also within you, so do not hesitate to fight. The seventh tiger is dangerous, ruthless and mean. Those who live in the 4 islands know him well".

A little riddle game regarding a potential character I just figured out for fun lmao.
Whoever wrote that isn't very good at subtlety.

LetterO

Smash Lord

I don’t know about you guys, but I think the character is Decidueye for certain

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So, what if the Spirits mode is disappointing, and Nintendo knows it? Like, it’s not a full fledged adventure mode? If that’s the case, then I expect them to sandwich the info between a couple huge character reveals in a direct, so there’s less disappointment.

D

Deleted member

---

BEHOLD! MY MASTERPIECE!
129 Characters.

129 characters? Yikes, let's dial that back a little bit and clean up the garbage.

SSBC.png

80 Characters.

Super Smash Brothers Crusaaaaaaaaaaade

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
So, what if the Spirits mode is disappointing, and Nintendo knows it? Like, it’s not a full fledged adventure mode? If that’s the case, then I expect them to sandwich the info between a couple huge character reveals in a direct, so there’s less disappointment.
My take on Spirits Mode is going to be some boss rush / event mode akin to Melee. Example... Play as Simon and defeat Dracula to unlock Richter. Etc. Sakurai said unlocking characters is to be streamlined in this game so I'm assuming Spirits is where it's done

D

Deleted member

My take on Spirits Mode is going to be some boss rush / event mode akin to Melee. Example... Play as Simon and defeat Dracula to unlock Richter. Etc. Sakurai said unlocking characters is to be streamlined in this game so I'm assuming Spirits is where it's done
Didnt he also say that we're starting off with just the original 12, too? So how would we unlock Simon to unlock Richter in the first place?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
129 characters? Yikes, let's dial that back a little bit and clean up the garbage.

View attachment 159693
80 Characters.

Marx instead of Bandana Dee?
Deconfirmed Tingle instead of Skull Kid?
Zoroark instead of a Gen 7 Pokemon?
Geno instead of pretty much anyone?
Ayumi?
Porky?
Those third parties.

This is among the worst 80 character rosters I've seen

D

Deleted member

Well, there's still a chance that there's Pokemon or Assists that we never got footage of.

I think someone mentioned seeing Dedenne but we havn't gotten pictures
Someone needs to upload video of that Chunky Kong assist.

Marx instead of Bandana Dee?
Deconfirmed Tingle instead of Skull Kid?
Zoroark instead of a Gen 7 Pokemon?
Geno instead of pretty much anyone?
Ayumi?
Porky?
Those third parties.

This is among the worst 80 character rosters I've seen
Mission Accomplished!
I actually really struggled to add any more than 75 characters. Gen 7 sux, and Tingle's better than Skull Kid fite me.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

---

BEHOLD! MY MASTERPIECE!
129 Characters.

Please people stop making such badly designed rosters, this is such a mess I can't care about any of the character

View attachment 159693
80 Characters.

Organized. Zoroark. Wonder-Red. But why cut the Echoes?

D

Deleted member

"Clean up the garbage"

"Geno is playable"

You can choose one.
You're right. Fixed :4pacman:

SSBC_alt.png

Please people stop making such badly designed rosters, this is such a mess I can't care about any of the character

Organized. Zoroark. Wonder-Red. But why cut the Echoes?
The echoes are merged with their original characters because that's what I'm going to do when the game comes out, and keeping them in makes organization near impossible without wasting my time in GIMP or something.

KMDP

Smash Legend

View attachment 159693
80 Characters.

Oh, Tougon, you naive fool. It can get way worse that 129 characters.
Oh ho... oh ho ho... oh ho ho ho.
153-Man Roster.png
Boom. 153 Characters. Maxxing out the Roster Maker grid.

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Staarih

Smash Master
It’ll only be a disappointment for those who have high expectations. It’s a bit silly to assume those who actually made the mode would ”know” it being disappointing to fans. They’ll present it proudly as is, and we’ll just have to take it whatever it is. I’m personally not even expecting a full fledged adventure mode - frankly I don’t really even think about the mode at all lol.

D

Deleted member

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Still no Porky, Ayumi, Tingle, and Zoroark, and you used the **** Isaac design.

This roster blows.

D

Deleted member

You realize this is still a mess right? If you're gonna organize by series, do it horizontally like Smash 4, Brawl's vertical organization only works on a small roster. The fact that series are bleeding into other columns is what shows this isn't working and it's also way harder to read.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think they would have made it a major focal point and major focus of the direct if they wanted us to just forget it, they kind of set it up to be the the main topic of the next direct since they've mostly covered everything else.

D

Deleted member

Hypothetical Sakurai: *dies a little inside*
Never ask me for anything ever again sakurai.png

When making that roster, I realized that the only reason I want more than 72 characters (not counting echoes) is so that we can have exactly 80 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade can be a real game.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Ayumi? "among the worst"?

Got a better Tails render for ya (the roster maker).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to see what I'd come up with if I completely filled in the roster maker.

I'd say it turned out okay.

D

Deleted member

Ayumi? "among the worst"?
I was already trying their patience by putting in the best Zelda character Tingle, a good non-gen 7 Pokemon, and putting in an interesting Kirby character that isn't Waddle Dee.

I decided to see what I'd come up with if I completely filled in the roster maker.

>Has Doomguy, Porky, Zoroark, and Marx

Yeah, I'd say it turned out oka- *notices not-Beard Isaac*

But why...

D

Deleted member

Haha that was the only Isaac icon that I had.
There's not a lot of good art of Beard Isaac. I didn't like the icon I had, and most Isaac fanart is of his original design, unsurprisingly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>Alexandra Roivas and Viewtiful Joe
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

tfw no Neku tho

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Looks like there was an Incineroar vs Lycanroc debate last night. Guess I'll throw in my two cents several hours late.

So just to get this out of the way, I have a clear preference for Lycanroc. I love its design, and out of all of the popular Gen 7 Pokemon we speculate on, I feel like it has the most potential to be a unique fighter. It's been heavily promoted over the past two years, and seeing it get in Smash as the next Pokemon rep wouldn't surprise me. I truly think it would be a logical addition.

However, that's not to say I don't think Incineroar would be a logical addition. I've been using the anime to predict which Pokemon we would get, and while I ended up settling with Lycanroc, I can't deny how much of a push the Litten line has been getting compared to the other starters and the rest of the recurring Pokemon. Based on the concept art and the first few episodes of the anime, it's clear that the writers had plans to give some deep (and admittedly rather emotional) character development to Litten. Flash forward to today, and we're looking at a future where Incineroar could very well be the next "Greninja" during the Alola League. Truly, Incineroar would make a lot of sense to me, moreso than Decidueye or Mimikyu if I'm being brutally honest.

But at the end of the day, it all boils down to opinions. Both Lycanroc and Incineroar have gotten some deep development in the anime. Both have been pushed enough to where seeing them in Smash wouldn't come as a suprise. The pros and cons even out, and it's very difficult to make an unbiased case that one is superior to the other. The only thing you can really do is go with your gut instinct and make an educated guess.

I go with Lycanroc because I think Incineroar, regardless of his wrestler shtick, wouldn't be as unique as the former. His bipedal brawler design seems like it would copy a lot of the boring and generic punches and kicks that we see all the time, and I don't think Sakurai would go for that when the rest of his options are so much more interesting and out of place. However, perhaps Incineroar's generic and obvious moveset is the exact reason why Sakurai would spring for him. He'd be a lot easier to create than Lycanroc, and the push from Game Freak would give Sakurai another reason to feel comfortable with his choice.

Again, it's hard to argue one is more likely than the other. I think it's a close race, and neither would suprise me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How do you all get that roster maker? Mine is Roster maker 11.0, and it is heavily outdated.
Can I have a source to how you make that roster please?

Untouch

Smash Master
I think it's hard to guess what pokemon is in based on how much merch and marketing they get, if the roster was finalized in 2015.
TPC did a lot of marketting with several pokemon early on (Silvally, Lycanroc, the UBs, the starters of course), and it'd feel odd ramping up marketting when the new generation is so close (which will get a lot of the focus of merch and stuff).

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Pokémon is the only expected franchise with no clear candidate. I would say stop guessing and just hope thatyour speculated pokemon appears in a future direct.

D

Deleted member

Pokémon is the only expected franchise with no clear candidate. I would say stop guessing and just hope thatyour speculated pokemon appears in a future direct.
I can't even do that, sense the Pokemon character is likely going to be from Gen 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom