• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey the leak voicing leak for smash 4 development was true expect for Tabuu.
"Leak voicing leak?" What are you talking about? I remember an IMDB leak that was fake, but not one that was true.

Anyways, I'd like to share this leak that was instantly disproven and blown the **** out. Take a look at the thread if you'd like.

Always leak responsibly. Or just don't. That'd be nice too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Pokemon TCG is so much bigger than I expected. It's brought in over $10 billion since its inception!?
I literally forgot about its existence up until now, despite it being one of the main Pokemon merchandise lineups.
Appearently I wasn't the only one considering it was rarely ever brought up in discussions that relate to Pokemon newcomers.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Nope, sorry. Go back to bed.
Awww... Dammit I wanted to get hyped. Well of to sleep I go.
It's probably been noted already, but there's a new Mega Man IV medley on the site.
If Pharaoh Man's theme isn't in there somewhere, then it's likely that blood will be shed online.
Oh yeah, I remember people posting about the new music.

I hope FF gets some love in the music department.
Thanos is joining Smash Ultimate to wipe out half of the game
Fortnite’s Season 5 will begin with a Fortnite X Smash Bros event.

You can now play as Captain Falcon and Falcon Punch fellow default skins.
I literally forgot about its existence up until now, despite it being one of the main Pokemon merchandise lineups.
Appearently I wasn't the only one considering it was rarely ever brought up in discussions that relate to Pokemon newcomers.
Well there is the TCG sets. But every starter probably all got theirs first.

I think Lycanroc (Midday and Midnight?) was the first non starter Gen 7 Pokémon to have a Set after the starter sets were released.

I’m not sure if that’s much though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So unless I'm missing anything, Mimikyu has only 1 or 2 TCG sets....
So much for being the most promoted Pokemon of this generation.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I actually looked into Buzzwole's TCG prominence when I first started supporting it, and I found out that it was featured as the main Pokémon in an Ultra Beasts boxed set. Pheromosa has its own box as well.
I don't know if it counts for much, but it at least exists.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Just as I thought, it's from a TCG set

Actually, I think I'm gonna try and look at which Pokemon were pushed on TCG sets. I just realised everyone and their mother have been sleeping on these
Local PTCG player here.

Sun/Moon Base Set (Feb 2017): Solgaleo/Lunala, and the starters to a lesser extent
Guardians Rising (May 2017): Tapu Koko and Midnight Lycanroc
Burning Shadows ( August 2017): Ho-Oh and Marshadow
Shining Legends (October 2017): Mewtwo and Shiny Pokemon
Crimson Invasion (November 2017): Silvally and the UBs
Ultra Prism: (Febuary 2018) Sinnoh and the new Necrozma forms
Forbidden Light (May 2018) Ultra Necrozma and Kalos
Celestial Storm (August 2018) Hoenn and Stakataka
Dragon Storm (October 2018) Unova.

As for the Four frontrunners

Decidueye and Incineroar: Both got a GX in the Base Set.

Lycanroc: Midnight got a GX in GR, Midday got a Box set. No Dusk one yet

Mimikyu: Got a weird Japan Exclusive Team Rocket GX.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So Is decidueye the most likely new pokemon rep? cuz I think it'd be awesome.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking for a while, but I wonder how well a PS Home like system would work with Nintendo properties, I would obviously think it would do well for Nintendo maybe?

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
So I was thinking for a while, but I wonder how well a PS Home like system would work with Nintendo properties, I would obviously think it would do well for Nintendo maybe?
Was PS Home that Second Life thingy on PS3?

that's kiiiind of like what the Mii Plaza did, though I probably spent 3 minutes on PS Home outside of creating a character. I'd be down for it (if I'm interpreting it right)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Site updated, Mega Man 4 Medley confirmed and it's remixed Dive man and mother****ing Skull Man. **** yes
Hmm...I've always credited Mega Man 4's soundtrack as the weakest of the classic 6 (or 8 if you go up to MM8) OST personally.

MM2, 3, and 5 (Charge Man, Stone Man, Wave Man, Napalm Man, damn, such a good soundtrack) >>> MM8 (PlayStation), MM1, MM7 >>> MM6 >>>MM4, MM8 (Sega Saturn)...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmm...I've always credited Mega Man 4's soundtrack as the weakest of the classic 6 (or 8 if you go up to MM8) OST personally.

MM2, 3, and 5 (Charge Man, Stone Man, Wave Man, Napalm Man, damn, such a good soundtrack) >>> MM8 (PlayStation), MM1, MM7 >>> MM6 >>>MM4, MM8 (Sega Saturn)...
That's wrong because 4 has Ring Man and Pharoah Man. Also I just saw that the remix was done by Jun Senoue, doesn't that make 2 composers who worked on Sonic music? This bodes well for a new remix

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I really don't think Ring Man's theme is good, at all, but differing opinions.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Was PS Home that Second Life thingy on PS3?

that's kiiiind of like what the Mii Plaza did, though I probably spent 3 minutes on PS Home outside of creating a character. I'd be down for it (if I'm interpreting it right)
Yeah, it was kind of like that, I think having Nintendo-themed spaces would be kind of neat~

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I dunno about you, but it does hurt a little to see someone say that they don't want one of my favorite characters in Smash without explanation. I don't mind when you provide an actual argument behind your opinion, but when it's just "I don't want [your favorite character] to be playable in Smash" it makes me wonder whether they hate the character and why they'd like to deny us from playing them. That kind of negativity without providing an argument is just unnecessary.
While I agree that it's dumb to state something you don't like without giving a reason (if you're going to be aggressive about it), I don't think it's ever meant to be taken personally otherwise. It's kinda silly to take things like that personally-- it's literally just a game.

Example: I don't like Shadow the Hedgehog and I really don't want him in Smash. I don't dislike him because I want to spite his fans, but I don't feel like I need to defend why I don't like him. I just don't. And it's not like I'm going to be offended because someone wants Shadow the Hedgehog over some character that I do want, like King K Rool. And like... for Christ's sake, it's a picture fad. I don't expect someone on Smashboards to write me an essay on why they don't like King K Rool.

What I'm trying to say is disliking something is not malicious. There is always going to be opposition and people need to get over it. That's just life. lol.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Meme thing in text form:

Main: :ultpichu:
Secondary: :ultrosalina::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr:

Most wanted: Mythra, Nihilego, Dr. Coyle, Celica, Excitebiker

Least wanted: Any competition of the above ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Right now it appears to be a toss-up between Decidueye and Mimikyu. Though Incineroar or even Lycanroc have just as big a shot.
in terms of popularity? or nintendo favoriing them?
Anyway, I should probably visit the decidueye thread sometime.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fortnite’s Season 5 will begin with a Fortnite X Smash Bros event.

You can now play as Captain Falcon and Falcon Punch fellow default skins.
Wait for that to actually happen
Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultinkling:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultrobin:ultvillager::ultolimar::ultshulk::ultpit::ultlittlemac::ultfalcon::ultness::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:
Bayo will be one of the victims for sure

Noipoi

Howdy!
in terms of popularity? or nintendo favoriing them?
Anyway, I should probably visit the decidueye thread sometime.
When it comes to popularity, if I recall correctly, Mimikyu is more popular than Decidueye.
But unlike Gen 6, there's no clear winner here like Greninja.
Both Mimikyu and Decidueye have many things going for them and Gamefreak doesn't seem to favor one over the other.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
If Smash Ultimate has a story mode, it should start with Mario going to rescue Peach from Bowser (as per usual), and then everything goes to **** from there.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
"Leak voicing leak?" What are you talking about? I remember an IMDB leak that was fake, but not one that was true.

Anyways, I'd like to share this leak that was instantly disproven and blown the **** out. Take a look at the thread if you'd like.

Always leak responsibly. Or just don't. That'd be nice too.
Another reason why I enjoy fake leaks? Morons like this who don't do the math and actually put some effort into the leaks, completely disregarding the littlest bits. We've been getting lots of juicy ones as of late, and there's bound to be more where that came from. Keep 'em coming, Monado boy! (But go at your own pace, yeah? Too much 4Chan and related sites can cause quite a bit of sanity loss.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Shulk can make 2 more guys in the time it takes for Thanos to delete 1.

Imperfectly lopsided, as no things should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom