• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh yeah? Well!..
Well...uh...
Your Mom![
Now see, this was the best response to that joke by a long shot.

For real though, I dislike making posts about least wanted characters. Doesn't add much besides hurting fans of that character.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

For real though, I dislike making posts about least wanted characters. Doesn't add much besides hurting fans of that character.
I never thought about it that way. I'll guess I'll apologize to the fans of the characters I said I didn't wa...

I don't have access to editing tools yet, so I'll just use text instead:

Main:
YOSHI YOSHI!!!

Secondaries:
Shulk
Mega Man
Toon Link
Luigi

Most Wanted:
BOSHI!!!
Elma
Crash Bandicoot

Least Wanted:
Not really anybody
Ohh....

D

Deleted member

I mean if it upsets them, it's their problem for not being able to handle an opinion.
Though I do try to be as open minded as I can when it comes to characters. I like to think that once Decidueye gets in, I'll welcome anything that originates from a video game.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My least wanted character is your favorite.

Yes you.

You reading this post.

Your favorite character? It's dumb. I hate it.
My favorite is nobody, so does that mean you hate none of the characters on the roster?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My least wanted character is your favorite.

Yes you.

You reading this post.

Your favorite character? It's dumb. I hate it.
I’d have you banned for this, but I’ve been told to stop reporting people for bad taste, so you’re off the hook for now

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

I don't understand this mentality though. If anything, it adds just as much as stating what characters you like: opinions. Just because I don't like a character doesn't hurt their chances and just because I like a character doesn't mean they're gonna get in.

I can agree that some people can be a bit aggressive about what they don't like, but some people are just as aggressive about what they like. I don't think it really hurts anyone's feelings otherwise. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi

Exactly why I don't like these templates. It shouldn't encourage that.
...and it's really, really bland and something that could be made in paint in one minute. It could be pretty and leave empty space for copy/pasting photos!
Anyway, I'll just list my most wanted characters instead of filling in that template.

Dream List
Ashley
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool

Unrealistic
Professor Layton (Borderline, still possible although unlikely)
Banjo-Kazooie
Spyro
Amaterasu
Grovyle

Honorable Mentions
Chorus Kids
Decidueye or Lycanroc
Geno
Simon Belmont
Captain Toad

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey um, anybody got some new leaks?
Did you call?
"Leak" 1
Hello 4Chan fans, We're doing some leaks for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

>King K Rool, Simon Belmont, Ashley and Springman as a fighter
>Shadow, Dixie Kong, Ninten and Dry Bowser as an echo fighter
>Smash Run and Target Smash
>Story Mode
>Online Mode
>Fox, Falco and Wolf are fully voiced as French, Italian, German and Spanish
>Boom Boom, Pom Pom, Bob (Garo) and Fishy Boopkins (Spike)
>DLC is development as Shantae, Mametchi and Rayman
>Stages are Radical Highway, Sarasaland and Ashley Mansion
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 2
>Nintendo Direct - Apparently 45 minutes.
August 7 - August 10
Focusing on Yoshi game and Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Nintendo 3DS Headlines: (6 minutes)
>Luigi's Mansion Remake New trailer and release date Spring of 2019
>Club Penguin Islands (Disney) announcement, snacks on October 16
>Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story Bowser's Jr Journey New trailer and release in March 24, 2019
>New Katamari game called "World of Katamari" released for 3DS in 2019.
>Kirby Picross avalible after the conference.
>New Super Mario Bros. 3 Annoucement, with various details, power-ups, 4 player mode via download play and more
Launches in: 2019
Nintendo Switch Headlines 1: (10 minutes)
> No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again new trailer and Lauch date: November 12
> Super Mario Odyssey DLC: Super Rosalina Odyssey will add 6 new worlds to the game and along with a new campaign in which Rosalina with the help of Crown, Cappy's and Tiara cousin. Will have to save Lumas of the Bowser Jr.
The DLC launches in Holiday
> Atlus is bringin New games for Nintendo Switch
1- New trailer of Shin Megami Tensei V, include gameplay and launches Holiday
2-The King of Fighter's XIV: Definitive Edition is coming The Nintendo Switch this year (the Xbox One version annoucement after the Direct apparently)
3- Entrian Odyssey X annoucement for Nintendo Switch, and launch for Nintendo 3DS together in January 2019 (apparently in Japan, Entrian Odyssey X: Nintendo Switch Edition launches in this year too, but not confirmed, but, Nintendo 3DS Edition in Japan launches August 2 this year)
> Undertale (Tob Foxy) - new trailer and Launch date: October 21
>FNAF Collection (Scott Cawlthon Games) is avalible on Eshop of Nintendo Switch in August 31 (ALL games cost $25 dollars, but you can buy separately for $5 dollars each, including the Fazbear Pizzaria Simulator that is free on Steam, but apparently the Ultimate Custom Night will be free for everyone after the conference.Yes, apparently it will also be announced versions for PS4 and Xbox One after the conference ... But I do not know confirm if it is real)
> Animal Crossing: Sky Oasis annoucement, including details as the place where the game will pass, which apparently is an island in the sky that interconnects on the earth by means of balloons; the return of the position of mayor of New Leaf, only more improved; For the first time, you may decide not to be a human, now you might even be an elephant if you want. Launch date: 2019
>Fight Games is coming soon for Nintendo Switch: SkullGirls 2nd Encore, SNK Heroines Tag Team Freeze, Fantasy Strike, My Hero: One Justice and DragonBall FighterZ.
> New trailer and details of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go
Nintendo Switch Headlines 2: (12 minutes)
>New trailer of Ark: Survival Envolved (Epic Games) on Nintendo Switch Launch date: November 14
>Thank you from the producers of Fortnite for the great downloads of the game on Switch
>Sushi Strike: The Way of Sushido DLC: Chronicles of Sushi War Annoucement and details of DLC pre-sequel launches: October 15 for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS
>Bravely Collection (SquareEnix) annoucement for Nintendo Switch, including Bravely Defaut and Bravely Secound + Extras
Launches in Holiday this year (2018)
>"SquareEnix is bringin two big JRPG's for Nintendo Switch"
NieR: Automata and Kingdom Hearts 3 annoucement for Nintendo Switch (In the announcement, Kingdom Hearts 3 was just with image, no gameplay :/)
NieR: Automata launches this year on Nintendo Switch, but, Kingdom Hearts 3 launches in 2019 for Nintendo Switch (out of the release of the PS4 / Xbox One versions)
>Danganrompa V3: Killing Harmony is coming for the Nintendo Switch.
Trailer showcasing Joy-Cons's in-game features, plus the portable touch mode. Lauches this year
>Prey (Bethesda) is coming to Nintendo Switch.
Mini-Trailer showing gameplay of the game on the Switch and its functionalities, launches in 2019 for console
>Nindie Games is coming soon on Nintendo Switch: Killer Bee Queen, The Messenger, Party Hard 2 and Overcooked 2.
>Splatoon 2 update 4.0; inclued new weapons and gears, new cloths, new maps and new mission mode (achivement mode with daily game reward, apparently optional).
>Super Smash Bros Ultimate headlines: (9 minutes)
>The Smash part begins by showing the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 scenario and Rex's announcement as a playable character.
>Sakurai start, will then make a quick comeback to show some Assistent Trophy out of E3, including Chun-Li, Capitain Toad and characters of Xenoblade 2 and other's.
>He will explain the game modes, like Classic, All-Stars, Smash Run, Adventure (don't Subspace), Smash Tour, Training (which will include all the Training's of the franchise), Event Mode of course, commented, the 16 players Battle Classic, which consists of the classic Smash mode only with 16 player's, is many other modes.
>He will show three new arenas: Dedede Castle (Kirby), Snowmad's Ship (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze) and World of Ruin (Final Fantasy VI).
>After all this, it appears the trailer of revelation of Heihachi (Tekken) like playable character, with a trailer and thus ends the part of Smash.
>Last Surprise: (3 minutes)
>First trailer of Bayonetta 3.
included gameplay, cutscenes and launch date: Spring 2019.

This one's a big one. Of note is that it mentions Danganrompa V3, which our angry "leaker" from the last set said was true. This also makes surprising sense for elaborating on Nintendo's Fall Lineup and Beyond, which we know this direct is going to be for. At the very least it has a kill switch, which is nice. I would like for this to be true though.

Kingdom Hearts 3 on Nintendo Switch might kill me though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 3
Geno from Super Mario RPG will join the fight as a new fighter.

King K. Rool and Dixie Kong will be announced together in a trailer. (Dixie Kong will be an Echo Fighter!)

Also Ashley from WarioWare will make her appearance in the game!

Dark Samus is gonna be an Echo Fighter for Samus, of course!

Susie from Kirby: Planet Robobot will be a playable character too!

Decidueye will be the new Pokémon character to join the battle in Smash!!

Ninten will be an Echo Fighter for Ness!

Simon Belmont from Castlevania will be a playable character!!!!

Shantae and Shovel Knight will be playable characters too! (Thanks to the ballot!)

There will be DLC too!
In no specific order:
>Reimu (Touhou)
>Banjo & Kazooie
>Rayman!!
>Steve from Minecraft!

Goku will be the last DLC, Masahiro Sakurai will talk about Goku's appearances in videogames, such as DragonBall Xenoverse or DragonBall FighterZ

This guy is excited. The DLC claims kill this one for me though. They can't have DLC planned out to the end of development, and that's assuming they've even started thinking about DLC.
"Leak" 4
On October 9th, Nintendo will release a new character trailer. Steve (from Minecraft) will be confirmed, due to his popularity from the last few years and being the 2nd best selling game.

Short, simple, and has a kill switch. I like it.
"Leak" 5
>There will be a Nintendo Direct on the week of August 6th to August 12th. Most likely on August 9th. It'll be entirely dedicated to Switch software releasing in 2018 and the first half of 2019.

>A new gameplay trailer for Daemon X Machina will be showcased, confirming a release window of Spring 2019.

>A teaser for a Star Fox game for Switch will be showcased, mentioning there will be more details soon. Most likely to be the racing game by Retro Studios. Releasing in 2019.

>Pikmin 4 is finally confirmed to be releasing on March 15th, 2019 through a reveal trailer. The game will center around building shelters and bases for a civilization coming to inhabit PNF-404 to survive by collecting scraps.

>A brand new IP will be revealed in the Direct and coming to Switch on October 25th for the eShop. It's titled "Ubana's Wonderful Day" and it's a side-scrolling adventure with point-and-click elements and centers around guiding the main character, Ubana, without taking direct control of him.

>A HD re-imagining of the original Paper Mario is planned to release on Switch in the summer of 2019. The classic partner and badge system remains but the setpieces are reimagined to involve papercraft like the later games. It also features full voice acting.

>The Yoshi game gets a extensive gameplay showcase alongside a confirmed title, being Yoshi's Flippin' Journey, and a release date, February 8th, 2019. Nintendo confirms Nintendo Labo functionality for Yoshi and a dedicated construction set will be released alongside the game.

>Dragon Quest XI gets reconfirmed on Switch, getting worlwide release on November 2018.

>A HD remaster of Bravely Default and Bravely Second, under the name of Bravely Saga, is coming to Switch for a vague 2019 release.

>The reboot of Tomb Raider and its sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider will be releasing on Switch as "Tomb Raider: The First Chapters" in the holiday season of 2018. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is also coming to Switch for a 2019 release.

>Spyro Reignited Trilogy is coming to Switch, releasing later than other platforms on December 2018.

>Scribblenauts Mega Pack is officially confirmed for the first time, coming on Switch in September 7th, 2018.

>Tekken 7: Switch Edition is announced for the holiday season of 2018. In similar fashion to Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U, this edition of the game will incorporate Nintendo-themed outfits for the different characters.

>Dark Souls Remastered gets release date confirmed on Switch, it will be August 28th, 2018.

>The following indie titles will be announced for Switch through a montage: Nidhogg II, Ooblets, A Hat of Time, Transistor, Q.U.B.E. 2, Outer Wilds, Anamorphine, etc.

>Undertale is confirmed to be releasing today on the Nintendo eShop after the end of the presentation.

>Nintendo elaborates on the classic games program launching alongside the Switch Online service. There will be a monthly selection of free games coming with the online subscription, but there will be a option to purchase a permanent digital copy of an individual game.

>The classic games program launches in September with NES games only, but Nintendo announces that SNES and GBA games will be added to the program by the end of 2018, and even more systems will come in the future.

>Nintendo takes the opportunity to announce a official localization of Mother 3 coming to the program in the end of 2018, titled Earthbound Outcomings.

>Masahiro Sakurai closes the Direct by announcing a special presentation dedicated to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate coming in September 6th, showcasing the different game modes.

>To keep fans patient, Sakurai also comes with a character reveal, saying it will be the first time than a third-party character from western origins has gotten into the series. The trailer starts and it turns out to be Crash Bandicoot.

Another direct leak (those have been popular recently). My wallet would be slightly safer than it would be from the above direct, but still. If this is true then Nintendo's online service is worse than I though. Honestly, just make Nintendo Netflix. Like, you pay for the online service, and you get access to Nintendo's entire library. If they want to charge extra go ahead. $30 for all of Nintendo's retro games? Sign me up.
Tangent aside, do we have time for bonus "leak"?
*drumroll*

I'll go over the "leaks" we previously covered though, if that's a consolation.

Extra "Leak" 1
Smash Bros x Jump EVERYONE IS HERE!
Hey guys! Here is another leak:
Nintendo and Bandai Namco are co-developing a Jump Ultimate Stars game for the Switch for Jump's 50th anniversary.
It will be using the same game engine as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
It will play exactly like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
It will be announced at Gamescom on August 25th.
I assume this game was not announced at E3 so it wouldn't be overshadowed by Smash and Jump force.
This would probably tie up with the Gold NES mini that Nintendo is also releasing.

Here is some more info that just got released related to this game's announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtzdLfW0108
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/0...luding-a-surprise-co-publishing-announcement/

-It will follow the EVERYONE IS HERE! All the characters of Jump Ultimate Stars will playable
-Despite the EVERYONE IS HERE! mentality, Vegeto from DBZ is not anywhere to be seen yet
-Sakurai has little to no involvement in the development of this game
-Ganbarion has no involvement with this game
-From the information leaked to me, I have not seen any new playable character
-It uses the same engine as Smash and it looks almost exactly like Ultimate
-Some stages from Jump Ultimate Stars will return, but in 3D
-This is still a Smash game, Smash Ball is the only way to use specials
-No release date yet
-One Piece characters will be in timeskip form
-Stand users have a stand meter, and will be unable to summon stands if meter depleted
-Taikobo will not call for friends help, but will use different Paopeis to attack
-Some characters like Gon, Goku, and Gintoki will emit an aura when charging a smash attack
-Go ahead and ask me whatever you want, I will try to answer if I'm still here
For those who don't know, here are the playable characters:
(Black Cat) Eve, Train Heartnet
(Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo) Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Don Patch
(Bleach) Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, T?shir? Hitsugaya, Renji Abarai
(Buso Renkin) Kazuki Muto
(D.Gray-man) Allen Walker, Lenalee Lee
(Dr. Slump) Arale Norimaki , Dr. Mashirito
(Dragon Ball) Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Gotenks, Piccolo, Frieza, Kid Buu
(Gintama) Gintoki Sakata, Kagura
(Fist of the North Star) Kenshiro, Raoh
(Hoshin Engi) Taikoubo
(Hunter × Hunter) Gon Freecs, Killua Zaoldyeck
(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) Jotaro Kujo, Dio Brando
(Reborn!)Tsunayoshi "Tsuna" Sawada
(Kinnikuman) Kinnikuman
(KochiKame) Ryotsu Kankichi
(Majin Tantei N?gami Neuro)Neuro N?gami
(Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation) Toru Muhyo
(Naruto) Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, Kakashi Hatake
(Ninku) Fuusuke
(One Piece) Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Nami, Vinsmoke Sanji, Nico Robin, Franky
(Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar) Jaguar Junichi
(Rurouni Kenshin) Himura Kenshin
(Saint Seiya) Pegasus Seiya
(Sakigake!! Otokojuku) Momotaro Tsurugi, Heihachi Edajima
(Shaman King) Yoh Asakura, Anna Kyoyama
(Yu-Gi-Oh!) Yami Yugi
(YuYu Hakusho) Yusuke Urameshi, Kurama, Hiei

>No My Hero Academia
>No Fairy Tail

t6Eofsn.jpg

Extra "Leak" 2
https://twitter.com/gamingpuzzling/status/1016017222807048192?s=21

Link only because I'm lazy. Spring-Man would be disappointing. The new Splatoon modes sound cool, assuming I can get over the PTSD that comes with 8-Balls in Splatoon now. "Leaker" seems as fake as it gets though. I wouldn't trust this guy at all.
Extra "Leak" 3
July 29th
>King K. Rool
August 29th
>Lloyd Irving
Stepember 29th
>Simon
October 29th
>Saki and Isaac
November 16th
>New Pokemon rep and Steve

It's in the name: "prediction (possible leaks)", also, it's a copy of this disproven leak. Don't believe it for a second.
BREAKING: Info on a puzzle leak
1531283465354.png

Back to the leak hole I go.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I really want Ashley reason I put her on least wanted because of chances Warioware aint a big series like DK or Yoshi. I love to Ashley as a fighter. Not to forget Ashley Mii Costume increase her chances.
>Really wants fighter
>Puts fighter on least wanted list
>???
>Profit?

??????

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
>The Yoshi game gets a extensive gameplay showcase alongside a confirmed title, being Yoshi's Flippin' Journey, and a release date, February 8th, 2019.
Yoshi's Flippin' Journey
It will live on...
No Jelly Jiggler?!! FAKE!!!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really want Ashley reason I put her on least wanted because of chances Warioware aint a big series like DK or Yoshi. I love to Ashley as a fighter. Not to forget Ashley Mii Costume increase her chances.
You mean you want Ashley but you don't expect her?
Oh good! Now I don't have to end you.

Once again, kidding.

Last edited:

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
I don't understand this mentality though. If anything, it adds just as much as stating what characters you like: opinions. Just because I don't like a character doesn't hurt their chances and just because I like a character doesn't mean they're gonna get in.

I can agree that some people can be a bit aggressive about what they don't like, but some people are just as aggressive about what they like. I don't think it really hurts anyone's feelings otherwise. Just my two cents.
I dunno about you, but it does hurt a little to see someone say that they don't want one of my favorite characters in Smash without explanation. I don't mind when you provide an actual argument behind your opinion, but when it's just "I don't want [your favorite character] to be playable in Smash" it makes me wonder whether they hate the character and why they'd like to deny us from playing them. That kind of negativity without providing an argument is just unnecessary.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Did you call?
"Leak" 1
Hello 4Chan fans, We're doing some leaks for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

>King K Rool, Simon Belmont, Ashley and Springman as a fighter
>Shadow, Dixie Kong, Ninten and Dry Bowser as an echo fighter
>Smash Run and Target Smash
>Story Mode
>Online Mode
>Fox, Falco and Wolf are fully voiced as French, Italian, German and Spanish
>Boom Boom, Pom Pom, Bob (Garo) and Fishy Boopkins (Spike)
>DLC is development as Shantae, Mametchi and Rayman
>Stages are Radical Highway, Sarasaland and Ashley Mansion
"Leak" 2
>Nintendo Direct - Apparently 45 minutes.
August 7 - August 10
Focusing on Yoshi game and Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Nintendo 3DS Headlines: (6 minutes)
>Luigi's Mansion Remake New trailer and release date Spring of 2019
>Club Penguin Islands (Disney) announcement, snacks on October 16
>Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story Bowser's Jr Journey New trailer and release in March 24, 2019
>New Katamari game called "World of Katamari" released for 3DS in 2019.
>Kirby Picross avalible after the conference.
>New Super Mario Bros. 3 Annoucement, with various details, power-ups, 4 player mode via download play and more
Launches in: 2019
Nintendo Switch Headlines 1: (10 minutes)
> No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again new trailer and Lauch date: November 12
> Super Mario Odyssey DLC: Super Rosalina Odyssey will add 6 new worlds to the game and along with a new campaign in which Rosalina with the help of Crown, Cappy's and Tiara cousin. Will have to save Lumas of the Bowser Jr.
The DLC launches in Holiday
> Atlus is bringin New games for Nintendo Switch
1- New trailer of Shin Megami Tensei V, include gameplay and launches Holiday
2-The King of Fighter's XIV: Definitive Edition is coming The Nintendo Switch this year (the Xbox One version annoucement after the Direct apparently)
3- Entrian Odyssey X annoucement for Nintendo Switch, and launch for Nintendo 3DS together in January 2019 (apparently in Japan, Entrian Odyssey X: Nintendo Switch Edition launches in this year too, but not confirmed, but, Nintendo 3DS Edition in Japan launches August 2 this year)
> Undertale (Tob Foxy) - new trailer and Launch date: October 21
>FNAF Collection (Scott Cawlthon Games) is avalible on Eshop of Nintendo Switch in August 31 (ALL games cost $25 dollars, but you can buy separately for $5 dollars each, including the Fazbear Pizzaria Simulator that is free on Steam, but apparently the Ultimate Custom Night will be free for everyone after the conference.Yes, apparently it will also be announced versions for PS4 and Xbox One after the conference ... But I do not know confirm if it is real)
> Animal Crossing: Sky Oasis annoucement, including details as the place where the game will pass, which apparently is an island in the sky that interconnects on the earth by means of balloons; the return of the position of mayor of New Leaf, only more improved; For the first time, you may decide not to be a human, now you might even be an elephant if you want. Launch date: 2019
>Fight Games is coming soon for Nintendo Switch: SkullGirls 2nd Encore, SNK Heroines Tag Team Freeze, Fantasy Strike, My Hero: One Justice and DragonBall FighterZ.
> New trailer and details of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go
Nintendo Switch Headlines 2: (12 minutes)
>New trailer of Ark: Survival Envolved (Epic Games) on Nintendo Switch Launch date: November 14
>Thank you from the producers of Fortnite for the great downloads of the game on Switch
>Sushi Strike: The Way of Sushido DLC: Chronicles of Sushi War Annoucement and details of DLC pre-sequel launches: October 15 for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS
>Bravely Collection (SquareEnix) annoucement for Nintendo Switch, including Bravely Defaut and Bravely Secound + Extras
Launches in Holiday this year (2018)
>"SquareEnix is bringin two big JRPG's for Nintendo Switch"
NieR: Automata and Kingdom Hearts 3 annoucement for Nintendo Switch (In the announcement, Kingdom Hearts 3 was just with image, no gameplay :/)
NieR: Automata launches this year on Nintendo Switch, but, Kingdom Hearts 3 launches in 2019 for Nintendo Switch (out of the release of the PS4 / Xbox One versions)
>Danganrompa V3: Killing Harmony is coming for the Nintendo Switch.
Trailer showcasing Joy-Cons's in-game features, plus the portable touch mode. Lauches this year
>Prey (Bethesda) is coming to Nintendo Switch.
Mini-Trailer showing gameplay of the game on the Switch and its functionalities, launches in 2019 for console
>Nindie Games is coming soon on Nintendo Switch: Killer Bee Queen, The Messenger, Party Hard 2 and Overcooked 2.
>Splatoon 2 update 4.0; inclued new weapons and gears, new cloths, new maps and new mission mode (achivement mode with daily game reward, apparently optional).
>Super Smash Bros Ultimate headlines: (9 minutes)
>The Smash part begins by showing the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 scenario and Rex's announcement as a playable character.
>Sakurai start, will then make a quick comeback to show some Assistent Trophy out of E3, including Chun-Li, Capitain Toad and characters of Xenoblade 2 and other's.
>He will explain the game modes, like Classic, All-Stars, Smash Run, Adventure (don't Subspace), Smash Tour, Training (which will include all the Training's of the franchise), Event Mode of course, commented, the 16 players Battle Classic, which consists of the classic Smash mode only with 16 player's, is many other modes.
>He will show three new arenas: Dedede Castle (Kirby), Snowmad's Ship (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze) and World of Ruin (Final Fantasy VI).
>After all this, it appears the trailer of revelation of Heihachi (Tekken) like playable character, with a trailer and thus ends the part of Smash.
>Last Surprise: (3 minutes)
>First trailer of Bayonetta 3.
included gameplay, cutscenes and launch date: Spring 2019.

This one's a big one. Of note is that it mentions Danganrompa V3, which our angry "leaker" from the last set said was true. This also makes surprising sense for elaborating on Nintendo's Fall Lineup and Beyond, which we know this direct is going to be for. At the very least it has a kill switch, which is nice. I would like for this to be true though.

Kingdom Hearts 3 on Nintendo Switch might kill me though.
"Leak" 3
Geno from Super Mario RPG will join the fight as a new fighter.

King K. Rool and Dixie Kong will be announced together in a trailer. (Dixie Kong will be an Echo Fighter!)

Also Ashley from WarioWare will make her appearance in the game!

Dark Samus is gonna be an Echo Fighter for Samus, of course!

Susie from Kirby: Planet Robobot will be a playable character too!

Decidueye will be the new Pokémon character to join the battle in Smash!!

Ninten will be an Echo Fighter for Ness!

Simon Belmont from Castlevania will be a playable character!!!!

Shantae and Shovel Knight will be playable characters too! (Thanks to the ballot!)

There will be DLC too!
In no specific order:
>Reimu (Touhou)
>Banjo & Kazooie
>Rayman!!
>Steve from Minecraft!

Goku will be the last DLC, Masahiro Sakurai will talk about Goku's appearances in videogames, such as DragonBall Xenoverse or DragonBall FighterZ

This guy is excited. The DLC claims kill this one for me though. They can't have DLC planned out to the end of development, and that's assuming they've even started thinking about DLC.
"Leak" 4
On October 9th, Nintendo will release a new character trailer. Steve (from Minecraft) will be confirmed, due to his popularity from the last few years and being the 2nd best selling game.

Short, simple, and has a kill switch. I like it.
"Leak" 5
>There will be a Nintendo Direct on the week of August 6th to August 12th. Most likely on August 9th. It'll be entirely dedicated to Switch software releasing in 2018 and the first half of 2019.

>A new gameplay trailer for Daemon X Machina will be showcased, confirming a release window of Spring 2019.

>A teaser for a Star Fox game for Switch will be showcased, mentioning there will be more details soon. Most likely to be the racing game by Retro Studios. Releasing in 2019.

>Pikmin 4 is finally confirmed to be releasing on March 15th, 2019 through a reveal trailer. The game will center around building shelters and bases for a civilization coming to inhabit PNF-404 to survive by collecting scraps.

>A brand new IP will be revealed in the Direct and coming to Switch on October 25th for the eShop. It's titled "Ubana's Wonderful Day" and it's a side-scrolling adventure with point-and-click elements and centers around guiding the main character, Ubana, without taking direct control of him.

>A HD re-imagining of the original Paper Mario is planned to release on Switch in the summer of 2019. The classic partner and badge system remains but the setpieces are reimagined to involve papercraft like the later games. It also features full voice acting.

>The Yoshi game gets a extensive gameplay showcase alongside a confirmed title, being Yoshi's Flippin' Journey, and a release date, February 8th, 2019. Nintendo confirms Nintendo Labo functionality for Yoshi and a dedicated construction set will be released alongside the game.

>Dragon Quest XI gets reconfirmed on Switch, getting worlwide release on November 2018.

>A HD remaster of Bravely Default and Bravely Second, under the name of Bravely Saga, is coming to Switch for a vague 2019 release.

>The reboot of Tomb Raider and its sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider will be releasing on Switch as "Tomb Raider: The First Chapters" in the holiday season of 2018. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is also coming to Switch for a 2019 release.

>Spyro Reignited Trilogy is coming to Switch, releasing later than other platforms on December 2018.

>Scribblenauts Mega Pack is officially confirmed for the first time, coming on Switch in September 7th, 2018.

>Tekken 7: Switch Edition is announced for the holiday season of 2018. In similar fashion to Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U, this edition of the game will incorporate Nintendo-themed outfits for the different characters.

>Dark Souls Remastered gets release date confirmed on Switch, it will be August 28th, 2018.

>The following indie titles will be announced for Switch through a montage: Nidhogg II, Ooblets, A Hat of Time, Transistor, Q.U.B.E. 2, Outer Wilds, Anamorphine, etc.

>Undertale is confirmed to be releasing today on the Nintendo eShop after the end of the presentation.

>Nintendo elaborates on the classic games program launching alongside the Switch Online service. There will be a monthly selection of free games coming with the online subscription, but there will be a option to purchase a permanent digital copy of an individual game.

>The classic games program launches in September with NES games only, but Nintendo announces that SNES and GBA games will be added to the program by the end of 2018, and even more systems will come in the future.

>Nintendo takes the opportunity to announce a official localization of Mother 3 coming to the program in the end of 2018, titled Earthbound Outcomings.

>Masahiro Sakurai closes the Direct by announcing a special presentation dedicated to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate coming in September 6th, showcasing the different game modes.

>To keep fans patient, Sakurai also comes with a character reveal, saying it will be the first time than a third-party character from western origins has gotten into the series. The trailer starts and it turns out to be Crash Bandicoot.

Another direct leak (those have been popular recently). My wallet would be slightly safer than it would be from the above direct, but still. If this is true then Nintendo's online service is worse than I though. Honestly, just make Nintendo Netflix. Like, you pay for the online service, and you get access to Nintendo's entire library. If they want to charge extra go ahead. $30 for all of Nintendo's retro games? Sign me up.

Tangent aside, do we have time for bonus "leak"?
*drumroll*

I'll go over the "leaks" we previously covered though, if that's a consolation.

Extra "Leak" 1
Smash Bros x Jump EVERYONE IS HERE!
Hey guys! Here is another leak:
Nintendo and Bandai Namco are co-developing a Jump Ultimate Stars game for the Switch for Jump's 50th anniversary.
It will be using the same game engine as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
It will play exactly like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
It will be announced at Gamescom on August 25th.
I assume this game was not announced at E3 so it wouldn't be overshadowed by Smash and Jump force.
This would probably tie up with the Gold NES mini that Nintendo is also releasing.

Here is some more info that just got released related to this game's announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtzdLfW0108
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/0...luding-a-surprise-co-publishing-announcement/

-It will follow the EVERYONE IS HERE! All the characters of Jump Ultimate Stars will playable
-Despite the EVERYONE IS HERE! mentality, Vegeto from DBZ is not anywhere to be seen yet
-Sakurai has little to no involvement in the development of this game
-Ganbarion has no involvement with this game
-From the information leaked to me, I have not seen any new playable character
-It uses the same engine as Smash and it looks almost exactly like Ultimate
-Some stages from Jump Ultimate Stars will return, but in 3D
-This is still a Smash game, Smash Ball is the only way to use specials
-No release date yet
-One Piece characters will be in timeskip form
-Stand users have a stand meter, and will be unable to summon stands if meter depleted
-Taikobo will not call for friends help, but will use different Paopeis to attack
-Some characters like Gon, Goku, and Gintoki will emit an aura when charging a smash attack
-Go ahead and ask me whatever you want, I will try to answer if I'm still here
For those who don't know, here are the playable characters:
(Black Cat) Eve, Train Heartnet
(Bleach) Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, T?shir? Hitsugaya, Renji Abarai
(Buso Renkin) Kazuki Muto
(D.Gray-man) Allen Walker, Lenalee Lee
(Dr. Slump) Arale Norimaki , Dr. Mashirito
(Dragon Ball) Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Gotenks, Piccolo, Frieza, Kid Buu
(Gintama) Gintoki Sakata, Kagura
(Fist of the North Star) Kenshiro, Raoh
(Hoshin Engi) Taikoubo
(Hunter × Hunter) Gon Freecs, Killua Zaoldyeck
(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) Jotaro Kujo, Dio Brando
(Reborn!)Tsunayoshi "Tsuna" Sawada
(Kinnikuman) Kinnikuman
(KochiKame) Ryotsu Kankichi
(Majin Tantei N?gami Neuro)Neuro N?gami
(Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation) Toru Muhyo
(Naruto) Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, Kakashi Hatake
(Ninku) Fuusuke
(One Piece) Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Nami, Vinsmoke Sanji, Nico Robin, Franky
(Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar) Jaguar Junichi
(Rurouni Kenshin) Himura Kenshin
(Saint Seiya) Pegasus Seiya
(Sakigake!! Otokojuku) Momotaro Tsurugi, Heihachi Edajima
(Shaman King) Yoh Asakura, Anna Kyoyama
(Yu-Gi-Oh!) Yami Yugi
(YuYu Hakusho) Yusuke Urameshi, Kurama, Hiei

>No My Hero Academia
>No Fairy Tail

View attachment 152528
Extra "Leak" 2
https://twitter.com/gamingpuzzling/status/1016017222807048192?s=21

Link only because I'm lazy. Spring-Man would be disappointing. The new Splatoon modes sound cool, assuming I can get over the PTSD that comes with 8-Balls in Splatoon now. "Leaker" seems as fake as it gets though. I wouldn't trust this guy at all.
Extra "Leak" 3
July 29th
>King K. Rool
August 29th
>Lloyd Irving
Stepember 29th
>Simon
October 29th
>Saki and Isaac
November 16th
>New Pokemon rep and Steve

It's in the name: "prediction (possible leaks)", also, it's a copy of this disproven leak. Don't believe it for a second.
BREAKING: Info on a puzzle leak
View attachment 152530

Back to the leak hole I go.
I misread Springman as Superman and honestly I didn't even think anything of it, that's about the point it's at

D

Deleted member

Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Just as I thought, it's from a TCG set

Actually, I think I'm gonna try and look at which Pokemon were pushed on TCG sets. I just realised everyone and their mother have been sleeping on these

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How about Super Math Bros.
It'd be one of those old educational computer games at school that no one wants to play but you do cuz there's nothing else to play there, and it frustrates everyone because it tries to copy actual good games but turns everything fun into chores.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
How about Super Math Bros.
It'd be one of those old educational computer games at school that no one wants to play but you do cuz there's nothing else to play there, and it frustrates everyone because it tries to copy actual good games but turns everything fun into chores.
well, we do have an easy in to get math bros over smash bros.

also boy i sure did think that image was actually transparent this is irrelevant because original image didn't work

cool so i guess i'll just eat my images instead to save them from smashboards, it's dr. kawashima

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Just as I thought, it's from a TCG set

Actually, I think I'm gonna try and look at which Pokemon were pushed on TCG sets. I just realied everyone and their mother have been sleeping on these
The Pokemon TCG is so much bigger than I expected. It's brought in over $10 billion since its inception!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom