• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
va you said 'you hate hearing me talk'

never speak to me ever agian. 2 faced bull****ting biaaatchhhhh wtf!! u cant talk to people like that!! ever. i dont care how close to a ****** you have, dont come to me and say 'yo' asif we are cool and then move onto 'i hate hearing you talk.'

i congratulated you on beating JD, then i mentioned I beat him, there was some confusion as to who was the best falco there. we agreed on Faab, not JD, then u said i hate hearing you talk. at this point i typed **** YOU and deleted you, because why the **** would i want someone like that on my friends list?

in seriously piassed off... i would really appreciate an apologie because in real life thats the kinda situation which would boil down to a fist fight.. its a london ting.

i dont want to hate you, but frankly we arnt communicating ever again unless you apologise for what you said. it was childish.

ps i may be a wild child lmao, at least i am not a transgender!
Wow. If you can get this upset about me saying I hate hearing you talk I'd hate to see you lose to swizzy and kick a desk or pull someones hair, whatever ragey "london ting" you'd do.

Look, I explained already. The way I type on internet messager programs is in broken sentences. Meaning I type half of what the sentence is and you happened to get the beginning of what I was saying and you went crazy. I am in South America, the connection can be extremely dodgy here.

I don't like hearing you talk as if you know everything, you have a lot to learn and actually the conversation was me telling you about US falco's and you were like idc I beat the best falco at SNY. Falco's in America were WAY harder than JD, and that's just like an average run of the mill player that isn't considered good. Not to mention the disgustingly good players like Zhu and PP.

Bottom line is I'm not saying sorry to you over this, because you have massively overreacted to nothing. It's up to you if you want to communicate with me ever again. I actually don't see what's happened as a big deal, certainly not something to get in a "fist fight" over.

Also you seemed to be confusing sexuality with gender. I'm not transgender, do you know what that means?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I want to go to Pound V.

Shame the plane tickets cost like £400 even this early. -.-

L-J

Smash Ace
Last 2 pages made me lol hard. Anyways, anyone who says that all top players camp and win by basically just camping is wrong. Anyone who says that camping is an easy tactic to overcome is also wrong. Things are so much more complicated than that. Melee is about baiting, reacting, shutting down space and cutting off options, approaching safely, and so so many other things. The top players have them all. When people tell me Jman wins matches by just camping lasers I feel pity for them, as they clearly can't see what really makes him such a great player. Yes, the lasers help. Yes, not approaching stupidly with the supposedly infallible shffled nairs and running into a dashdance/wavedash back grab (something foxes like myself need to stop doing lol, i'm working on it) but lasering instead until a more favourable approach opportunity opens up HELPS. Yes, reacting to your opponent's movements and punishing accordingly rather than throwing out random **** just cus you're technical and stuff (Zgetto in particular is a disgustingly good example of this imo) HELPS. But frankly, anyone who tries to simplify things the way certain people in this thread seem to be doing is laughable. You guys know better.

Jolteon

i never said they won just by camping, i said that all the top players do it and its clearly effective which means that camping is not very easy to counter.

L-J

Smash Ace
Alex I wasn't naming any names or accusing anyone directly, and didn't have you specifically in mind. All I said was 'anyone who does think *blah* is wrong', and I stand by that.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I think that UK players need to travel more if they are serious about getting better in melee
you cant only get the experience at the SNY's type tourneys
you can be a casual player or a competitive you cant just decide to be both

but i 100% agree with LJ though you cant say ' they just camp more that us ' cause there is a whole lot more to it
the Europeans play really tourney efficient / careful . i dont know on the US style but they look to be more aggressive maybe the UK would do well over there cause we are used to that .

nice idea by ed making trips to France . would definitely help players who cant afford the prices

also what is the tension between VA / adam its probably over something so silly to begin with lol

Jolteon

Alex I wasn't naming any names or accusing anyone directly, and didn't have you specifically in mind. All I said was 'anyone who does think *blah* is wrong', and I stand by that.
oh lol, well I read over my previous posts and I thought to myself that it kind of looks like I was saying that so I assumed you meant me. my bad.

I think that UK players need to travel more if they are serious about getting better in melee
you cant only get the experience at the SNY's type tourneys
you can be a casual player or a competitive you cant just decide to be both

but i 100% agree with LJ though you cant say ' they just camp more that us ' cause there is a whole lot more to it
the Europeans play really tourney efficient / careful . i dont know on the US style but they look to be more aggressive maybe the UK would do well over there cause we are used to that .

nice idea by ed making trips to France . would definitely help players who cant afford the prices

also what is the tension between VA / adam its probably over something so silly to begin with lol
i agree, the europeans are a lot more patient but it doesn't necessarily mean they just camp.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah a minbus would actually be ****.

Also Alex, me and george are looking into pound V, is there a date for it? I can't find a thread :/
Or at least an american tournament at some point. I think it would be amazing if we could get a british contingency going to america

Jolteon

Yeah a minbus would actually be ****.

Also Alex, me and george are looking into pound V, is there a date for it? I can't find a thread :/
Or at least an american tournament at some point. I think it would be amazing if we could get a british contingency going to america
Feb 19th-21st.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278586 - thread link.

It would be really cool but idk why the tickets have to be such a ridiculous price, I remember charles getting a £4 flight to Germany lol. I guess I could get a job and save up ._.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
The problem is if you're going to become a top player you will already know about it.

Edwin and I are quitting. We've talked about it.
you what now? ouch your next on my list, dont care if ur better than me, i will destroy you!

@ retroking agreed about UK being the most aggressive and technical lol

I think UK players have more fun when they play melee
while Europeans think of it as a win or lose thing.
thats the point, i'd rather have fun playing the game, ive had no problems so far, i'm not gonna take it toooooo seriously and become some nerd, i love females too much...

and I could swear NONE of the sweedish players (appart from smakis) smiled at sny i dont wanna get to the point where its like school all over aagin.

i respect zghetto, he was having fun whoppin ***.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
loool too much concentration with ics, they're hard to main one monthly im going to go all secondaries and after that its nothing but ics. the more i use my secondaries the easier it is for me to read people when i do switch to ics anyway :p

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edwin- any of the smashers can play as much or as little as they like. It's up to them ;)

Alpha- I definitely agree with you about the sweeds being very very serious. You don't have to be like that to be rly good. Zgetto and Faab are a good example :laugh:

Jolteon

even charles is a good example, if you take it too seriously you start thinking really negative things when you're losing which is terrible for your mental game.

Kone

Smash Master
Firstly you guys ain't making pound. Not being rude but tam your life will change alot with uni, George has no money and alex is too young. Concentrate on eoro tourneys.us tourneys cost a grand!

Jolteon

i just said i wanted to go, not that i was actually going lol. theres no way im making £400 in a month, i probably have even less money than george does.

Kone

Smash Master
Btw swedes have no love from me.they never said thanku for food,beds,housing at venue or at my house.they never said a word to me and were demanding,armarda wad a prick IMO. They deserve bout

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'm very stable financially atm, i understand that my life will change but i recently gained a double inheritance boost and am earning a sizeable amount at my current job. Coupled with having saved quite a lot of money all my life, financially, america shouldn't be a problem for me

but yeah, i'll learn from VA and only go if someone else from the UK goes too :/

Oh yeah, and smakis and rocky for nicest swedes

K00P

Smash Apprentice
Btw swedes have no love from me.they never said thanku for food,beds,housing at venue or at my house.they never said a word to me and were demanding,armarda wad a prick IMO. They deserve bout
Agreein with this 100 percent.

The dutchies were friendly, helpful and well mannered. We even played a few poker games with em.

The swedes kept themselves to themselves, and were pretty ungrateful.

Kone

Smash Master
I'm very stable financially atm, i understand that my life will change but i recently gained a double inheritance boost and am earning a sizeable amount at my current job. Coupled with having saved quite a lot of money all my life, financially, america shouldn't be a problem for me

but yeah, i'll learn from VA and only go if someone else from the UK goes too :/

Oh yeah, and smakis and rocky for nicest swedes[/QUOTE

sorry tam had a few and was too blunt. I still think us tournies aren't worth it. Pricey and not with your friends. You backpack Europe or south east Asia on that sirtve money!

Oh, I'm thinking of hosting a small sny like weekend in the October half term. I've found a place near mine in the Malvern hills that has twenty beds and is 4 quid a night. We can have more but they need to camp. It'll be like a smash camp with friends or training camp.lots of tvs, beds and food again. Will have some form of tourney. Due to numbers be somewhat exclusive iam thinking active sdb, lc and iddy with a few others! I would make it a uk thing but not sure I can be bothered to deal with that just yet! Oh there's also grass sledging there and White water rafting if anyones up for it lol.x

J03

Smash Master
SNY notes as taken by Joe!

The key difference between a good and a bad player is how much they know and how much they pay attention. Theres NOTHING more then that... except tech skill which is obvious

Experience is a long road that never ends and you can ALWAYS see more things in a match then you currently do, especially at our level lol. The UK doesnt suck we just dont know SOOO many things and honestly most people play really quite dumb. In fact outside of the top 4 along with AmcD, Jam and J3ly ive never played anyone in the UK who even tries to outsmart me, not even because they cant just because they arent aware of it or how important it is.

The other side of it is how inexperienced must UK players are, this includes Pro and Edwin I saw them both get outsmarted by stuff they should have known Remember them both against Aniolas?

I don't want you guys to 'step up' or whatever i just think the UK should play smarter, as the more aware of it you are the easier it becomes to get better at that aspect of the game, and better mindgames lol.

J03

Smash Master
I can't see scott's banner ;__; I feel naked . . .
If you can't see the banner, you are naked

---------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Can someone make a thread with updated tournies and such so i know what to book for lol as i have no idea. Preferably Pro, i like that guy

smakis

Smash Ace
im sorry if you thought I werent grateful for the tourney kone, didnt have many chances to talk to you with everything going on (liek, playing maylay) but i did say on several occasions to several people how awesome the food was (i lööööve english breakfasts). An extra thank you for the refill ;)

Also edwin dont quit, you are too good for that, i loved our (three) friendlies. Don't get broken by getting beat by someone who have played for like, ever. I play frikkin ic, do you know how discouraging it is to know that the 2nd best player in the world is playing your hardest counter? My record is taking 1 stock high % (maybe took two stocks once lol) and you dont see me sulking, i try to figure out ways to beat him instead.

Also va, please quit, (fu all peaches). Seriously though, you made it to bracket at apex after a few years of playing with mostly uk people (i think), thinking you dont got what it takes is silly

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
What's up guys

As far as I know him (which isn't much) Edwin seems to be the smash equivalent of Coyote Starrk. Mad good but lacks the motivation like half the time lol. Really sad I didn't get to play him in the bracket.

Robby pretty much got me into smash. I went to his dorm and played him for a full day last summer, and it made me regard this game as a serious hobby rather than just a fun pastime. As you can imagine, I admire him alot.

Also I can't really stress how much I enjoyed SNY. Me getting a decent placing thanks to a lucky bracket has nothing to do with how I felt about the event itself.

<3 UK smash

J03

Smash Master
This is a quote from JD to me "Playing against UK i can just wait for mistakes, which is enough"

Euros dont camp, they wait for mistakes and as most of us approach carelessly and make a tonne of mistakes its easy for them. In short people only camp if it gets them something, you gotta give them nothing from camping (especially the lead lol)

VA

Smash Hero
you what now? ouch your next on my list, dont care if ur better than me, i will destroy you!
I haven't mentioned this topeople yet, but I very nearly beat Chu Dat in pools. Had him down to one IC and high %, he grabbed me and I did a stupid DI and he usmashed me. I guess he's not as good as he used to be. Best of luck to you in ****** me.

I'm not quitting.I'm not quittingpeach either. It was about a day after the tournament I felt like that.Now I'm back in the game and I feel like I can become a world class Peach main.

L-J

Smash Ace
I haven't mentioned this topeople yet, but I very nearly beat Chu Dat in pools. Had him down to one IC and high %, he grabbed me and I did a stupid DI and he usmashed me. I guess he's not as good as he used to be. Best of luck to you in ****** me.

I'm not quitting.I'm not quittingpeach either. It was about a day after the tournament I felt like that.Now I'm back in the game and I feel like I can become a world class Peach main.
I can 100% understand why ud've felt that way after the tourney Robby but I'm glad it was only a temporary thing. You obviously have what it takes considering the amount of experience u've had in the game vs your Apex placing :)

Btw I've been wondering, in the Apex bracket it says stabbedbyanipple was the one in the bracket who played Mango then Cactuar - did they just enter the wrong player?

Tamoo

Smash Master
iddy is brad willz marni calz dooan otter

and I think it's fair to say our crew would be more than up for that if we're free

And good to hear you're not quitting VA, I think I feel the same after every tournament and look to main other characters, right now, i'm in a young link phase ;)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Lol tamoo pleaaaaase £5 mm my mario with ur yl
Considering I've got no idea what i'm doing with young link against mario, and i've got no idea what im doing with young link full stop, and my only experience so far is an evening with brado, i may pass on the £5 mm

I'll £1 it tho

Top Bottom