• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

smakis

Smash Ace
dance, fuzzy mindpuppets, DANCE!

I have barely played armada at all =), like 6-7 single games.

COEY

Smash Lord
ok so to summarise.

robby - saying things like "i should have beat *insert name*" is bad, dont do that. apart from that <3

uk style - unlike the rest of europe with their own forums(with their own languages) , ours is heavily based on american smash, seen as how its so feely available on this site, and since so much of it is constantly going on. since we aren't connected to europe (thank god) its been harder for the uk over the years to be part of the european community, to which syles and mindsets are quite different from that of us players. americans are mostly very casual in things like their sports are fast paced, the wwe, huge us game publishers bring out stupid definition gaming. so its natural that this sort of culture has an effect on their stlye. and i believe it is for this reason the uk plays how it does.

ice climbers - are **** take them out of the game, no seriously jiggs too if possible.

cactuar - please beat hungrybox, or get someone to do it. he's sooooo lame :/

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
I think the reason why smashers in UK are playing like the top players in UK is because theyre the top players we see the most and its like we dont know any better so we kinda adopt their style. Hence why so many smashers in UK are improving so quickly

Also there is a lack of top/ amazing players in UK and they end up playing the same players and over time they only learn to counter their mistakes which is also to do with lack of experience.

K00P

Smash Apprentice
Studies show that our response to stressful events can be altered by whether we view something as a 'threat' or a 'challenge'. Humor can give us a more lighthearted perspective and help us view events as 'challenges', thereby making them less threatening and more positive, leading to an improved performance.

Studies also show the positive effects of smiling occur whether the smile is fake or real. Even faked laughter also provides the benefits mentioned above. So smile more, and fake laugh; you'll still achieve positive effects, and the fake merriment may lead to real smiles and laughter.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Studies show that our response to stressful events can be altered by whether we view something as a 'threat' or a 'challenge'. Humor can give us a more lighthearted perspective and help us view events as 'challenges', thereby making them less threatening and more positive, leading to an improved performance.

Studies also show the positive effects of smiling occur whether the smile is fake or real. Even faked laughter also provides the benefits mentioned above. So smile more, and fake laugh; you'll still achieve positive effects, and the fake merriment may lead to real smiles and laughter.
One of the matches where I barely felt much pressure was when I faced Zgetto and I used the tag 'Best' (for best fox) and he used to the tag 'Bad' (for bad fox) and because I find him as a person funny and also the whole me proving im the best fox in Europe in a fun rather than a competitive way it was ALOTTTT easier to play, like ridiculously easier....

I'm undoubtably gonna use this in the future since it's actually worked in the pass without me realizing it was happening.

Edit
This is an alternative to the thing said by Koop

Charles Technique - Dellude yourself COMPLETELY to think you can do something even if you can't and your likeliness of doing it will be increase even though in reality you aren't likely and also your delludeness will throw off your opponent...

J03

Smash Master

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_feedback_hypothesis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response

my koop is informed BABY!

UK's biggest problem is definitely folding under pressure. If i didn't fold under pressure id have 100% have gotten 13th by beating Utto and im sure the same goes for prof. Smash isn't a job so no stress imo

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I like cactuars point (and pricks) but if it's a tournament match I find it very very hard to joke around like it's friendlies because I really want to win the match.

j3ly

Smash Champion
you're play gets noticeably worse the second u SD or get gimped, i think you could benefit alot from laughing next time i bair fsmash ur gimped azz at 10%

K00P

Smash Apprentice
You'll find the people at the top of anything, be it a job, game or sports, are there because they generally enjoy every aspect of what they do.

It wasn't curiosity that killed the cat, it was seriousness.

K00P

Smash Apprentice
Ha yeah, SNY reignited my interest in unlocking my unbelievable smash potential, plus I forgot what a good group of lads you SDB lot are.

Just need to actually buy a copy of melee, though i dont have a clue where i could get it...

smakis

Smash Ace
just read your shoutout jo3, im sooo sorry for coming out as a douche =O

all hugs and kisses <3

Kone

Smash Master
Ha yeah, SNY reignited my interest in unlocking my unbelievable smash potential, plus I forgot what a good group of lads you SDB lot are.

Just need to actually buy a copy of melee, though i dont have a clue where i could get it...
Yo sammy I got a copy you can have and a controller. I'm going to sort out having a few lads over for smash soon if. Your up for it.

Also hosting crew tourney october you got to come and be good by then ;)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

second hand copies of melee are still fairly common and quite cheap :)

K00P

Smash Apprentice
Yo sammy I got a copy you can have and a controller. I'm going to sort out having a few lads over for smash soon if. Your up for it.

Also hosting crew tourney october you got to come and be good by then ;)
A mate just got back from J4p with a new controller for me so thats sorted, well up for coming up tho as you are only an hour or so away, just give me a ring whenever. October is a definately. ;)

j3ly

Smash Champion
tamoo dont be stupiddddd ur young link is crap. this is clearly a troll and u cant possibly main a character this poor

ur best and only options imo are shiek and peach. maybe marth. cos u cant just spam nair and fair with YL, he takes a certain amount of.... je ne sais qua... SKILL.

haaa get ***** on the 18th fooool

j3ly

Smash Champion
first monthly since SNY, with cboy and frostbye and va comming, plenty of people stepping up there will be plenty of good competition
reality will strike and you will fall into that ever faithfull campy bair routine :)

plus didn't you want to beat my doc?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'll give you a mm jiggs doc if you wanna

Just wanna mess around this tournament, that's all

I'm more than aware i probs won't make bracket or whatever with my low tiers but i'll get a good laugh outta it

VA

Smash Hero
Who said I was making this monthly?

And don´t say I did cos I di´ent.

I´m having a smashfest sometime soon after I get back from S.America.

Reserve places and interest now, currently interested:

- Fuzzyness

smakis

Smash Ace
sigh, the uk community is so exhausting, trashtalk here, some badmouthing there. annoying >_>

Top Bottom