• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
Charles will get you down to Brighton and back on a coach for really cheap. it's not far at all, or if you book really early on the train then it'll be between 5-10 return.

I have to talk to beast so I can arrange an actual date. I'll try to do that soon.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Oh, I thought 33rdvwas a pretty good showing considering how many ppl were there

Tristan: my house will be free from the 11th right up to the tournament cos my mums going japan so if you guys are up for the treck to my place feel free

pretty much an open invite to anyone to my house the week running up to the monthly, particularly satire and the gays, maybe see if we can tempt daly and Soha for old times sakes Hugo? I expect to see you at least :)

VA

Smash Hero
J3ly do you want to come to Brighton? We have a nice coffee table you can kick in my living room...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
5-10 Return is a beautiful thang imo..........a beautiful thang.

Def gonna try and make it so put me in as a likely, and if we do come how long will we actually be there for lol???

VA

Smash Hero
I'll probably do it over a weekend, so fri-sunday.

There is a lot of interest for this now, I will need to check with sam to see how many people we can actually fit. but hopefully I'll be able to host everyone.

VA

Smash Hero
Look it up now, it should be 3 pound each way. But you have to book specific trains. I will try to post an official date for my smashfest with an interest list in the next couple of days.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
J3ly do you want to come to Brighton? We have a nice coffee table you can kick in my living room...
LOOOOL

In all honesty if we did want to come would you let him, im pretty sure he wouldn't be able to come now though due to everyone who has already wanted to come but just out of curiousity....

And I look forward to this fest, hopefully we can get stuff recorded :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
Oh, I thought 33rdvwas a pretty good showing considering how many ppl were there

Tristan: my house will be free from the 11th right up to the tournament cos my mums going japan so if you guys are up for the treck to my place feel free

pretty much an open invite to anyone to my house the week running up to the monthly, particularly satire and the gays, maybe see if we can tempt daly and Soha for old times sakes Hugo? I expect to see you at least :)
Uhhhh, monthly is 18th, right? Guess I could make the 17th then (I get back on the 16th), see if we can get sav, jack, mike etc :D

Also congrats hugo, sounds like you did good. The Samus wasn't aniki was it?
Loooool, losing to Aniki wouldn't be at all embarassing, but he's unfortunately long since retired xD
It was just a random samus which I felt I played badly against :S

X1-12

Smash Champion
It would be cool If I could come down 1/2 days before and be housed maybe? then come back after the monthly. I'll have to sort my travel out though

X1-12

Smash Champion
yeah actually might not be able to make that =[

Crab/L-J/Yen: can any of you host before then? I'm free like anyday till the 5th september then weekends only after that although I may be at Tamao's on 11th/12th

VA

Smash Hero
LOOOOL

In all honesty if we did want to come would you let him, im pretty sure he wouldn't be able to come now though due to everyone who has already wanted to come but just out of curiousity....

And I look forward to this fest, hopefully we can get stuff recorded :)
I would have let him if he'd asked. but instead he decided to insult me on a personal level.

I'm interested in playing him but apparently he can't get over something I said taken totally out of context and wants to fight me. Doesn't scream maturity really now does it...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I would have let him if he'd asked. but instead he decided to insult me on a personal level.

I'm interested in playing him but apparently he can't get over something I said taken totally out of context and wants to fight me. Doesn't scream maturity really now does it...
loool Pretty understandable then I guess....

ANYWAYYY moving onto playing smash, i'm really looking forward to this little smashfest ANDDD also the Monthly which is coming up, I hope you can make it so we can finally have all the top people in the UK at one event and seeing it pan out will be very interesting lol...

VA

Smash Hero
It will be really fun to be back in the UK playing smash. I'm really looking forward to it too. It will be interesting to see tournament matches between all of our top players now...wonder what will happen!?

PREDICTIONS!!!! Come on jo3 you should post some of your often woefully incorrect predictions!

J3ly - If you want to just pretend nothings happened and be friendly again, I'm willing to. Or you could continue to hold a grudge, your choice buddy.

L-J

Smash Ace
yeah actually might not be able to make that =[

Crab/L-J/Yen: can any of you host before then? I'm free like anyday till the 5th september then weekends only after that although I may be at Tamao's on 11th/12th
I'll see if I have a free house anytime over the next 2 weeks to host.

smakis

Smash Ace
hum, got my schedule, im off 17-19th without even having to apply for it <3.

Thing is though i need housing for the entire weekend for it to be worth the 100 or so euro, anyone up for it?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I can house you man

I can basically house absolutely anyone, and have anyone over at any point either week each side of the tournament so anyone who needs it is more than welcome

smakis

Smash Ace
that would be lovely, though dont you live a bit outside of london? charles lives right at the venue which made it convenient last time, going from the airport to your place, to the monthly, back to your place and then to the airport again adds up =/ (unless im mistaken and you actually live superduperclose =P)

though i guess it's worth it, im arriving in london around 11-11.30 am, where am i supposed to go after that? No clue about how to get to your place =)

Kone

Smash Master
I can house you man

I can basically house absolutely anyone, and have anyone over at any point either week each side of the tournament so anyone who needs it is more than welcome
Tam if you could house me night before and after I would be really happy. Could give you a lift to venue. Also, may have george and joe in my car again if they are coming and want lifts. May need housing aswell?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah no problem Ed,

My postcode is BR6 8BA anyone coming

I will be having mates over on the friday, but it's basically dave's gays extended family so we're all smashers at heart :)

Smakis: I do have a house in london in a place called orpington. Charles's will probs be more convenient for you but i don't know if he can house or not so the offer is there just in case he can't house you. Which airport do you go to?

smakis

Smash Ace
charles said he miiiight be able to house me, charles place would be the best but i dont want to intrude, he already housed me last monthly (thank you <3).

My flight goes to stansted (and leaves).

smakis

Smash Ace
you are great, do you know that tamoo? lots of humping coming your way in september

L-J

Smash Ace
Tamaoooooo I need housing the night after the monthly - will repay you by driving us + anyone else who is being housed by you that night there from the venue :) Also I dunno what this y.link bs is about but you are going puff in teams and you are going to REST moar, kipish? In fact:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp#p/u/133/yXO5LLeWDiQ

1:52 - I've taken my notes, now you take yours :p

Also I'm hoping to get to yours on the 11th - need to ask Sean about driving me there and back from his so I save a bit of money on petrol (going the whole way there and back in my car will be pretty expensive).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
that would be lovely, though dont you live a bit outside of london? charles lives right at the venue which made it convenient last time, going from the airport to your place, to the monthly, back to your place and then to the airport again adds up =/ (unless im mistaken and you actually live superduperclose =P)

though i guess it's worth it, im arriving in london around 11-11.30 am, where am i supposed to go after that? No clue about how to get to your place =)
Get housed in London = Play better players on both days + closer to the venue lol :)

Love you smaky baby :) <3

VA

Smash Hero
Are you running doubles and singles at this? Just do brackets for both puleeeease.

Don't run brawl doubles cos no one cares. Just run a massive melee singles first :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool With that much concern I guess we will be seeing your attendance VA :)

And I think we are just doing Melee Singles and Doubles Brackets, want to get in some fun times with Doubles, ****** and shiz and winning of course :), hopefully we will still have the program appointing people to TV's since that speeds everything up.....and obviously everyone co-op.

I hate it though when we get some gay guy slowing up the bracket cos he has to play brawl and melee.....*** you guys.

Also are we just gonna do ALLL of one bracket first and then do ALLLLL of the other, instead of doing 'We are at late stage in this bracket, let's do the other bracket and then come back to this one near the end of the event' Which just slows things down cos everyone is already there to do the bracket but then we switch it

Also Doubles bracket first at this please.....first and quick, and then singles bracket.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Melee + brawl togetherness side event

Melee doubles one week brawl doubles another

but the catch is every team must have one brawl player and one melee player

that would be fun

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Melee + brawl togetherness side event

Melee doubles one week brawl doubles another

but the catch is every team must have one brawl player and one melee player

that would be fun
In all honesty though would their be any benefit behind this....

We both have seperate TV's each and if one game finished doubles before the other (basically when Melee finishes first) then we will just move on while you lot will still be trailing lol.

Your speed doesn't affect us, taken our players and slowing up our brackets does though lol :(

Old School taken dubs at this? yessss sir :)

I can bring projector and screen if wanted ^_^
Good to hear your making this :)

Are you and Jam gonna be teaming again......remember that D-Smash is all you need lol :)

Kone

Smash Master
In all honesty though would their be any benefit behind this....

We both have seperate TV's each and if one game finished doubles before the other (basically when Melee finishes first) then we will just move on while you lot will still be trailing lol.

Your speed doesn't affect us, taken our players and slowing up our brackets does though lol :(

Good to hear your making this :)

Are you and Jam gonna be teaming again......remember that D-Smash is all you need lol :)
I sort've have to make this as otherwise there won't be a tournament lol. But yeah me and Jam should be teaming at this aslong as Jam comes. Buuuutt ill pick him up from reading so he will ^^. Old School was 2 good not to do it again. I seriously want top three at this in dubs.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
We'll have both doubles+singles.

I don't think we should run both at the same time, but I'm still not sure if doubles first and then singles is a good idea. I like singles first.

VA

Smash Hero
We'll have both doubles+singles.

I don't think we should run both at the same time, but I'm still not sure if doubles first and then singles is a good idea. I like singles first.
I really hate singles first. It makes doubles lose hype.

Top Bottom