• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Meh, I don't really like it but if everyone wants doubles first then we'll do that. :@

This all day, every day in every way.
Just as long as we do Doubles first and quick

And Jolteon since you are Co-hosting...CAN WE PLEASE JUST FINISH OFF DOUBLES INSTEAD OF DELAYING IT AND SAVING IT FOR LATER WHEN WE GET TO THE GRAND FINALS OR WHATEVER
Yeah idk why Charles always does that lol, if he does it this time imma just go over to the comp and call out the finals myself -_-

J03

Smash Master
agreed, sometimes you gotta stand up for what you belive in and stare Charles in the eyes and say '**** You!'

in Aaron's case bring a chair or the yellow pages xD

rustediron

Smash Lord
agreed, sometimes you gotta stand up for what you belive in and stare Charles in the eyes and say '**** You!'

in Aaron's case bring a chair or the yellow pages xD
Anyone about to play a game with Charles has to perform the above from now on.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
everyones got an opinion on how the tournament runs it seems. I just hope people will actually LISTEN WHEN THE HOST IS SPEAKING and maybe KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE BEFORE PLAYING.

Like which games are best of 5 for example? This always causes confusion and needs to be cleared up

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
We are gangsters.....so we do

Winners Semis and all in front - Bo5
Losers Finals - Bo5
Losers Semis - Isn't usually Bo5
Winners Quarters - Not sure about this one since there's not that much people but it coudl be Bo5

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is there gonna be a ledge grab limit or something along those lines in brawl to stop ledge camping at this?

Also with regards to Bo5 situations, I think it should be from semis onwards both winners and losers

Jolteon

Yeah, though I had a nice rule that was suggested to me earlier that I'm thinking would be a good idea. If you grab the edge 50+ times (or I might use 35+ like Apex) and win by timing out, you lose. If you grab the edge 50+ times and win by taking off 3 stocks, it still counts as a win.

This way people can stay on the edge as long as they want, providing they aren't winning via the timer.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool That's kinda funny (and also proves how fuking **** brawl and terrible of a game it is when they have to ban things like that) cos imagaine if the opponent grabs the ledge and then I run away knowing that he has grabbed the ledge a certain amount of times and I start camping.

And who counts the ledge grabs anyway and what if there if both people camp over the amount and what if there is a dispute and the person says they didn't do it over the limit, how do you determine if the person did that amount of ledge grabs and if there is a way wouldn't that mega delay the tournament.....wow what **** and time waisting game

When I watch a match and I here 'This is the epitome of brawl' And 'How can anyone say brawl is not interesting after this' it makes me sad knowing that THAT'S the epitome of brawl......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7EQzOahzhQ&feature=related
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0EN4PIYpM

Jolteon

looool That's kinda funny (and also proves how fuking **** brawl and terrible of a game it is when they have to ban things like that) cos imagaine if the opponent grabs the ledge and then I run away knowing that he has grabbed the ledge a certain amount of times and I start camping.

And who counts the ledge grabs anyway and what if there if both people camp over the amount and what if there is a dispute and the person says they didn't do it over the limit, how do you determine if the person did that amount of ledge grabs and if there is a way wouldn't that mega delay the tournament.....wow what **** and time waisting game

When I watch a match and I here 'This is the epitome of brawl' And 'How can anyone say brawl is not interesting after this' it makes me sad knowing that THAT'S the epitome of brawl......

You can watch replays and count them manually, though yeah it's a big time waster. sadly though there's actually nothing you can do about it so you have to ban it.

Jolteon

Has this ever happened at a London Monthly or any brawl event you've been to....and does this mean that every brawl torunament implements that Infinte Replay thingy???
No

And I think most of the setups have them, but it'd be a bad idea to only ask for infinite replay setups since sometimes they barely bring any setups to begin with.

smakis

Smash Ace
im pretty sure the amount of times you grab the ledge is in the statistics after each game (in bwarl)

Kasper!

Smash Lord

&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0EN4PIYpM
firstly its his fault for grabbing the ledge that many times and just deserts if he gets camped back.

brawl has the ledge count in the statistics at the end of a match so no need for this MEGA delay in the tourney.

if both people camp the ledge then the timer runs out it goes to who has the lowest stocks and then the lowest percent.

brawl is interesting, you bothered to find brawl vids and write garbage about the brawl ruleset without even revising first.

FAIL

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I made you reconsider falco man, I could tell losing to some grab spam noob hurt you soooo much
? i used falco that tourney in the finals wtf u talking bout and a loss is a loss you should know about that profs laughing boy

EDIT: im bored so ill stop now

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
brawl is interesting, you bothered to find brawl vids and write garbage about the brawl ruleset without even revising first.

FAIL
Nice attempt on making an analysis but NOOOO!!!

I typed in on youtube 'Mew2king Apex' (meaning the Apex which happened recently) saw a whole load of Apex from brawl which happened a year ago and then I got baffled since Apex only happened the other day so I clicked on it quickly to see what it was.....looked through the comments, saw them saying it was the best brawl match they ever seen, watch it and lul'd at it being potential one of the best brawl match.

So then my conclusion of the game was....

FAIL

Either way, the fact that bans had to be put on people holding on to the edge a certain amount of time is an extreme lul to crap and lack of entertainment your game contains.

I'm going to melee...

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Nice attempt on making an analysis but NOOOO!!!

I typed in on youtube 'Mew2king Apex' (meaning the Apex which happened recently) saw a whole load of Apex from brawl which happened a year ago and then I got baffled since Apex only happened the other day so I clicked on it quickly to see what it was.....looked through the comments, saw them saying it was the best brawl match they ever seen, watch it and lul'd at it being potential one of the best brawl match.

So then my conclusion of the game was....

FAIL

Either way, the fact that bans had to be put on people holding on to the edge a certain amount of time is an extreme lul to crap and lack of entertainment your game contains.

I'm going to melee...
lol u basically just agreed with me when u said i typed in mew2king apex and saw a whole load of brawl vids, as i said you bothered to look for vids and for someone who says brawl has no tech skill bla bla u looked at the vid anway knowing that it doesnt have the same mechanics as melee? that makes no sense. you should know already how brawl works as you've had it yourself.

bans such as that were put in place to make the game more balanced and any views on the entertainment of brawl are simple invdividual based so i cant condemm you for your opinion. Sagat was banned in street fighter (cant remember which one), that didnt mean the game wasnt enjoyable?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol u basically just agreed with me when u said i typed in mew2king apex and saw a whole load of brawl vids, as i said you bothered to look for vids and for someone who says brawl has no tech skill bla bla u looked at the vid anway knowing that it doesnt have the same mechanics as melee? that makes no sense. you should know already how brawl works as you've had it yourself.

bans such as that were put in place to make the game more balanced and any views on the entertainment of brawl are simple invdividual based so i cant condemm you for your opinion. Sagat was banned in street fighter (cant remember which one), that didnt mean the game wasnt enjoyable?
Saying 'you bothered to find brawl vids' implies I went out of my way to specifically find brawl videos which I was showing you wasn't the case, there was a confusion with the name title saying it was Apex but happened a year (since Apex happened a few weeks ago), I looked at the video to see any info (not watching it) look at the comment, saw claims of it being the best brawl match ever (proceeded to watch) then laugh at it beinsg the best brawl match ever.

Brawl having no tech skill isn't the only thing that makes it boring, lack of combos and fast movement makes it boring to watch and play....also how does it make no sense me looking at the video knowing it didn't have the same mechanics as melee and for me to say 'It's a load of crap for being supposebly one of the best brawl match'.....:confused: makes sense to me.

The sagat ban example does not relate to the brawl ban example....come up with a better example when arguing your point please :)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Saying 'you bothered to find brawl vids' implies I went out of my way to specifically find brawl videos which I was showing you wasn't the case, there was a confusion with the name title saying it was Apex but happened a year (since Apex happened a few weeks ago), I looked at the video to see any info (not watching it) look at the comment, saw claims of it being the best brawl match ever (proceeded to watch) then laugh at it beinsg the best brawl match ever.

Brawl having no tech skill isn't the only thing that makes it boring, lack of combos and fast movement makes it boring to watch and play....also how does it make no sense me looking at the video knowing it didn't have the same mechanics as melee and for me to say 'It's a load of crap for being supposebly one of the best brawl match'.....:confused: makes sense to me.

The sagat ban example does not relate to the brawl ban example....come up with a better example when arguing your point please :)
there is nothing confusing about a vid being titled" Mew2King(MK) vs Ally(Snake) Apex GF 1" as you will instantly know its the grand finals of the first apex where as the apex just gone clearly shows the date August 6th- 8th and also has apex 2010 in the title to show u its recent.

i included mechanics because u were basing your opinion on how it is to melee and not an opinion on the rating of the match compared to other brawl matches

sorry my info was wrong it was actually akuma
the akuma ban relates cause it made the game more balanced just like this ledgegrab rule makes brawl more balanced (mk on the ledge has been proven to be unmatched in the game if he planks correctly) hence the rule has been put in place.

BOTH ACTIONS HELP THEIR RESPECTIVE GAMES MORE ENJOYABLE FOR OTHERS AS WELL AS KEEPING AS BALANCED AS POSSIBLE, SCALE DOES NOT MATTER, A BAN IS A BAN SO I DO NOT SEE HOW THEY DO NOT RELATE

try again blood!!

EDIT: actually aaron ill just end this discussion im bare tired end of the day u like melee i like brawl

later guys

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's spelt Blud.
Get corrected with black terminology by a white guy son!

Leave our race

There is nothing confusing about a vid being titled" Mew2King(MK) vs Ally(Snake) Apex GF 1" as you will instantly know its the grand finals of the first apex where as the apex just gone clearly shows the date August 6th- 8th and also has apex 2010 in the title to show u its recent.

i included mechanics because u were basing your opinion on how it is to melee and not an opinion on the rating of the match compared to other brawl matches

sorry my info was wrong it was actually akuma
the akuma ban relates cause it made the game more balanced just like this ledgegrab rule makes brawl more balanced (mk on the ledge has been proven to be unmatched in the game if he planks correctly) hence the rule has been put in place.

BOTH ACTIONS HELP THEIR RESPECTIVE GAMES MORE ENJOYABLE FOR OTHERS AS WELL AS KEEPING AS BALANCED AS POSSIBLE, SCALE DOES NOT MATTER, A BAN IS A BAN SO I DO NOT SEE HOW THEY DO NOT RELATE

try again blood!!

EDIT: actually aaron ill just end this discussion im bare tired end of the day u like melee i like brawl

later guys
Are you silly enough to not notice a understanble slight second of confusion with seeing a tournament saying Apex which happened a year ago while on a search to find Apex videos for a tourn which happened few weeks ago and just looking at the video information to see what it's about...stop incorporating your brawl stupidity into the simple understandings of life

It's related to melee meaning it's gonna get compared..compared to melee, brawl is a **** game......brawl on it's own and not compared to melee, brawl is a **** game

I'm saying it is a dumb example for the reason of the SF that having to be banned because the character was CLEARLY dominant....and in brawl that having to be banned because that's how **** the game is and the level that people stoop to while playing it....staying on an edge to the time runs out so then they have to actually put a NUMBER LIMIT on the time you have to do it LOOOL....kinda funny to me
The overall effect of a ban is the same thing, like every other ban, but i'm laughing at the ban itself and what it's related to and saying their not the same.

This basically says 'You like melee which is a good game, takes long to get good at, is fun to watch and has a lot of hype....I like a game which is extremely ****, I like playing like i'm under water, the boredom is amazing, campy is my type of hype'
Have fun with that game anyway, well try to :urg:
I will play my game and the fun will come effortlessly

BYEEEE XXX

rustediron

Smash Lord
There is no way that you cannot see that having to put a ban on the number of times you grab the ledge is, at the very least, ****ing hilarious.

Prof: Always, ALWAYS, put -brawl in your search. Even for something like "Starcraft 2 Hitler Downfall -brawl". It will save you from the many hours of horrifying agony that arises from viewing Brawl vid thumbnails.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm personally against the ledge grab limit, people always try and add little gimmicky rules to fix what they think is a problem.

Top Bottom