• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

L-J

Smash Ace
If Charles doesn't use those who made SNY bracket as a factor in his seedings immabpissed. It's the one absolutely concrete thing we have at this point and especially if we're going straight to bracket in singles then it'd be nice for the people who distinguished themselves by advancing to get some kind of recognition (I think Jo3 mentioned this already, just thought i'd bump the idea so to speak).

Also J3ly...you aren't that good...yeah.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
super camper vs super camper who will win the final battle? o_O

you know charles seeding preferences though, most likely i will end up playing both of you. i dont think we are in the same side of the bracket though so my prediction is

me vs tamoo winner = a
you vs gantz/equivalent winner = b

a+b = losers finals

unless edwin or VA come along and **** it all up :s
meh, i dont like how charles seeds but whining about seeds is the last thing im gonna do

imma just **** anyone who's in my path ^o^

you do realise im using low tiers this tournament

yeah my placing sounds about right ;)

I love hugo's anti brawl posts, they're so true whilst mixing in some intentional trolling to keep the brawlers all riled up ^^
maaan you just love stopping me getting jiggs exp lol

SRSLY? I'll admit that a lot of my post is just bull**** (I know jack all about ssb64, brawl or fps games), but I do feel that Brawl tends towards more get-a-single-hit-in-if-you-can-but-otherwise-try-to-avoid-being-hit-lol play, whereas campy melee play tends towards trying to manouvre you're opponent into allowing you to get that hit which will get you a high return.

Unnecessary lengths = 3 stock 8 mins lol
It's the same really... you play safe until you get an unanswered hit then you combo the balls out of them.

and a 64 player might look at melee's 4 stocks 8 mins as unnecesary, its subjective.

j3ly

Smash Champion
If Charles doesn't use those who made SNY bracket as a factor in his seedings immabpissed. It's the one absolutely concrete thing we have at this point and especially if we're going straight to bracket in singles then it'd be nice for the people who distinguished themselves by advancing to get some kind of recognition (I think Jo3 mentioned this already, just thought i'd bump the idea so to speak).

Also J3ly...you aren't that good...yeah.
if im not that good then MM me... i approached you like 3 times at SNY and everytime there was an excuse not to play. gay that we didnt play atall though. i'd like to play you sometime, last time we played i'd just trekked 1hr 30mins across london and played you to warm-up - not a good marker imo for somebodies skill level.

your choice - lower my stocks and up the anti. you'll get man-handled, son. ur fox has nothing on any of my chars from what i've seen over your shoulder, so yeah

bring it punk an lose some money!!
i aint scared cos we say "slow like l-js fox" as an insult to peoples foxes over their shoulders.

im not that good but assuming i dont encounter the top 3/4 at this tournament in both winners and losers, you can bet money (with me if you like) that ill be making it to losers finals. if you dont believe that about yourself also... quit smash.

on a related note - swizzy betterrrrr be comming to this tournament!! had about 3-4 sessions with ace at SNY, and i'd like very much to do the same with swizzy.

L-J

Smash Ace
if im not that good then MM me... i approached you like 3 times at SNY and everytime there was an excuse not to play. gay that we didnt play atall though. i'd like to play you sometime, last time we played i'd just trekked 1hr 30mins across london and played you to warm-up - not a good marker imo for somebodies skill level.

your choice - lower my stocks and up the anti. you'll get man-handled, son. ur fox has nothing on any of my chars from what i've seen over your shoulder, so yeah

i aint scared cos we say "slow like l-js fox" as an insult to peoples foxes over their shoulders.

im not that good but assuming i dont encounter the top 3/4 at this tournament in both winners and losers, you can bet money (with me if you like) that ill be making it to losers finals. if you dont believe that about yourself also... quit smash.

on a related note - swizzy betterrrrr be comming to this tournament!! had about 3-4 sessions with ace at SNY, and i'd like very much to do the same with swizzy.
I have to applaud this insult because it made me lol irl and that's an achievement (seriously, it's nice to see some humour on these boards, assuming it was meant to be funny)

I wouldn't be surprised if you do get to losers finals if you don't meet Fuzz, Prof, VA or Edwin (if he comes...) in both winners and losers before then. Problem is, you clearly will, unless someone else eliminates them lol.

You talk yourself up a lot; I was just reminding you what you claim you already know - that you're good, but not THAT good. I respect what you're doing with Mario though and your recent improvement is impressive, so yeah no hate.

And yeah I thought you'd bring up the MM at SNY thing - the fact is I didn't have any change for the whole of the 2nd/3rd day since I spent it all on food on day 1. I would've happily done so for a pound and it does suck we didn't get to play at all. I'll make sure we MM and play friendlies at this.

j3ly

Smash Champion
doubt it. only a few people come up against top 4 twice, would have to be pretty unlucky for that to happen. i thought those brackets were reserved for those unseeded. it will do one day though. and that will undoubtedly come after a shiz load of hype i made here, and then ofc the impending insults from the other forum users that will undoubtedly follow.

ed - haha thanks man thats a really kind offer but i'd never use it! we have unreals cube for when he wants to play, otherwise i play at hypes house or watever smashfest :)

tamoo - go low tiers... get knocked out by crabman then........
deny people jiggly xp.....

besides talking myself up adds fear, arrogance, over confidence, any maybe other factors to individuals mindset when they play me. it gets me more MM's. in person after being beaten i might say i am humble (unless i **** up in which case i get aaaaaaaaaaannggry if it is an important match and i SD or miss like 5 l-cancels/spacing opportunities in a row) - so i reaaaaaally dont see any bad side to talking myself up - only positives can come. plus i get a small stomach tightening when i log onto my computer - what more could i ask from a website

Kone

Smash Master

bring it punk an lose some money!!

This would never happen Adam and confuses me alot. It shows you don't understand how a bracket works :s. The top four are always (or should be) seeded so that the top two are on the complete opposite side of the bracket. 3rd seed the opposite to the first seed on the top side of the bracket and 4th seed opposite to 2nd seed on the bottom. That way they shouldn't play till semis unless someone seeded less beats them.

Clearly, based on that, you would have to play the top three/four at anypoint to make losers finals ;)

j3ly

Smash Champion
some point for sure but i doubt i personally will have to play 1/2 of the top seeds. it could and will happen, but its no way in hell going to happen every tournament. like i said, i doubt that ill have to face a top seed in both winners and losers.

and if i dont i have confidence in myself that i will trample all competition, including yourself, on my way to losers finals :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
some point for sure but i doubt i personally will have to play 1/2 of the top seeds. it could and will happen, but its no way in hell going to happen every tournament. like i said, i doubt that ill have to face a top seed in both winners and losers.

and if i dont i have confidence in myself that i will trample all competition, including yourself, on my way to losers finals :)
I still really don't think you quite understand how the bracket works. Top get to losers finals, you'd theoretically have to be top 3, so for YOU to get to top 3, you'd have to beat out the 4th best and the 3rd best.

If you are as good as you think you are, you are likely to be put out by a top seed in both winners and losers as you claim you are immediately behind the top seeds so would only lose top seeds.

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol i just clocked it, winners semis + losers finals = 4 players.. 4 seeds.
so to get to losers finals you have to play 3 seeds? seed 1 in winners, the seed that should have knocked you out in losers (who for the sake of this situation gets beat) then the 3rd seed in the losers finals?

i wouldn't bet my money on my being immediately after top seeds on an average of a few tournaments.. i dont know if i could consistently take out swizzy or you. i'd put my money on me winning matches but most people would probably debate it. and we cant talk average wins/losses cause ive played you once, and one MM with swizzy.

individual tournament sets i'd bet on myself but consistent tournament averages remains to be seen

j3ly

Smash Champion
yes, yes you did! tis full of unrelated ****. fuxin brawl!!? dont even mention brawl on passing! (unless scoulding others about their usage of the dirty word

VA

Smash Hero
You remind me sooo much of how I have been on boards for a long time.

In fact your overconfidence in general reminds me of me. I've eaten so much humble pie since beginning in 06/07 whenever I started going to tournaments. I would say everytime I went to a tournament in 08 that I would win it. I could hardly wavedash with Samus.

J3ly you don't understand how far you have to go if you don't think you can beat me prof fuzzy or edwin. you're on the right path, and confidence is key. at least you've got everyone thinking you're an up and coming player.

Just to remind you though, swizzy will kill you.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i dunno, i was kinda killing ace :s like we are talking 3 stocks and stuff. obviously he beat me but IWR.

me vs swizzy was my first ever ganon. maybe in a year or so, one or even 2 months wont mean much in terms of experience or improvement. but when im starting from the bottom of the barrel - a little experience and improvement goes a looooong way.

if i had been fighting ganons for months and lost to swizzy, one month experience and improvement wont matter. but swizzy was my first ganon, and the learning curve at the beginning of most paths begins very very steep then levels out. im not even 1/2 done with the steep bit, swizzy should be nervous before our next match. and i will be too. but nerves = adrenalyne so i make myself nervous at all times when possible. picturing ur family is going to die if u dont win a random friendly - really makes that tournament feeling come at any time.

j3ly

Smash Champion
most of the time i go for either my dog dieing, or finding/not finding a cure for cancer tho

VA

Smash Hero
Swizzy doesn't get nervous. He has nerves of steel.

Also Ace is one ganon player, swizzy is different to all other ganon players in the world. Trust me I've played most of them.

j3ly

Smash Champion
swizzay is cool, a good player and frankly has the best name to shout out when rooting for him (SWIIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY), but he has been next on my hitlist for quite some time now.

all i can say is that i modified my ganon matchup massaivly at SNY (speaking of which he said ur ganon is way better than his, i'd like to play it), and i hope he doesnt expect the same rushdown treatment i have been conditioning him with giving him

j3ly

Smash Champion
i believe tamoo is my rival after i (jokingly) called his mother a goat. an insult i usually reserve for mario when he epicly fails me..

plus we are bound to compete every tournament due to bracket composition

bbill would have made a good rival, but frankly he sucks

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol why do people always assume the players that are going to be top 5

: S

were not that far off from you guys -_- just pratice the game lool
.....Sorry but that gap is still far, from the rest of the UK and still noticable.....except for you losing to Tamoo loool. But other then that the gap is VERYYY noticable.
They should still be practicing though, but to say the gap isn't far off is the very definition of giving FALSE HOPE

i dunno, i was kinda killing ace :s like we are talking 3 stocks and stuff. obviously he beat me but IWR.

me vs swizzy was my first ever ganon. maybe in a year or so, one or even 2 months wont mean much in terms of experience or improvement. but when im starting from the bottom of the barrel - a little experience and improvement goes a looooong way.

if i had been fighting ganons for months and lost to swizzy, one month experience and improvement wont matter. but swizzy was my first ganon, and the learning curve at the beginning of most paths begins very very steep then levels out. im not even 1/2 done with the steep bit, swizzy should be nervous before our next match. and i will be too. but nerves = adrenalyne so i make myself nervous at all times when possible. picturing ur family is going to die if u dont win a random friendly - really makes that tournament feeling come at any time.
...You need to calm down and not take this so seriously and take drastic measures to become better lol since your urge to be one of the best and proved to everyone that you can do it lately has begun to gain a sense of some sort of pathetic desperation and uncool attention/praise seeker lol.....

Explains clearly why you rage so much when you lose loool.

K00P

Smash Apprentice
Swizzy doesn't get nervous. He has nerves of steel.

Also Ace is one ganon player, swizzy is different to all other ganon players in the world. Trust me I've played most of them.
If playing styles were professions, Swizzys ganon would be a hench arse pro wrestler.

He's the man.

j3ly

Smash Champion
dude i havent posted on here about myself since SNY.

your attempt at using emotive language to stir me was a total failure. instead i would point out how amazingly short the average height of OOC is.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
dude i havent posted on here since SNY.

your attempt at using emotive language to stir me was a total failure. instead i would point out how amazingly short the average height for OOC is.
This post was amazingly calm....must have smoked atleast 5 cigarettes before you wrote it.
Keep up with your pathetic desperation though :)

Look forward to the next time you rage

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
J3ly - Bishkin tells me that somehow you have managed to aquire one of my controllers and i'm a bit pissed off. I know it's not your fault, but no effort has been made by anyone to return it. Apparently, Unreal took it from Bishkin's by accident. It's a purple one and the stick is in fairly good condition (i've barely used it). I will be at this monthly (and in the bracket this time) and I would appreciate it if you could bring it along.

Cheers

j3ly

Smash Champion
i have raged on 2 occasions. more times than sets you have won against fuzzy,

hey dude, yeah its been under my bed since then, uncovered it just after SNY. never got used either

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i have raged on 2 occasions. more times than sets you have won against fuzzy,

hey dude, yeah its been under my bed since then, uncovered it just after SNY. never got used either
THE BIGGEST LIEEEEE OF THIS SMASH SEASON SEASON!!!!

You raged against a European at SNY....I saw you since I was standing up and heard 'FUKKKKK' and then you stormed off throught that little tunnel leading to the kitchen, then turned back and then walk back to him and said 'Good Game' and then walked off looool was pretty funny to see a human act so childish over a GAME!!!!

You also raged against Swizzy with throwing your controller when you lost a MM like a baby once again screaming out 'FUKKKKK', seen you rage at Monthlies before and heard COUNTLESS TIMES of you raging from Edwin and he was telling me it was putting him off from playing you. And seen mini little rages at Smashfests we've been to.

I will never beat Fuzzy as much times as you've raged, Fuzzy hasn't even beaten me that much times

Top Bottom