• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
im sorry if you thought I werent grateful for the tourney kone, didnt have many chances to talk to you with everything going on (liek, playing maylay) but i did say on several occasions to several people how awesome the food was (i lööööve english breakfasts). An extra thank you for the refill ;)

Also edwin dont quit, you are too good for that, i loved our (three) friendlies. Don't get broken by getting beat by someone who have played for like, ever. I play frikkin ic, do you know how discouraging it is to know that the 2nd best player in the world is playing your hardest counter? My record is taking 1 stock high % (maybe took two stocks once lol) and you dont see me sulking, i try to figure out ways to beat him instead.

Also va, please quit, (fu all peaches). Seriously though, you made it to bracket at apex after a few years of playing with mostly uk people (i think), thinking you dont got what it takes is silly
smakis- did I play you in London one time?

smakis

Smash Ace
ya, you knocked me out of the losers bracket at the monthly, which is why the 2 stock spopo comeback in the first game of sny pools felt so good =P (seriously good games, i hate doc lol, i missed 8 frikkin hand off attempts. Here i thought i had practiced it on doc until perfection lol, back to training mode i guess.)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I haven't mentioned this topeople yet, but I very nearly beat Chu Dat in pools. Had him down to one IC and high %, he grabbed me and I did a stupid DI and he usmashed me. I guess he's not as good as he used to be. Best of luck to you in ****** me.

I'm not quitting.I'm not quittingpeach either. It was about a day after the tournament I felt like that.Now I'm back in the game and I feel like I can become a world class Peach main.
I dont care

ya, you knocked me out of the losers bracket at the monthly, which is why the 2 stock spopo comeback in the first game of sny pools felt so good =P (seriously good games, i hate doc lol, i missed 8 frikkin hand off attempts. Here i thought i had practiced it on doc until perfection lol, back to training mode i guess.)
I been practicing the handoff on marios aswell.... fffaaarrriiigggiiinnn hard!!!!

smakis

Smash Ace
iirc you want to grab mario/luigi/doc right as they are actually "laying" on the ground

and jo3, dont be jealous just because you dont got a chick constantly following you around doing "handoffs"

L-J

Smash Ace
Lmao. VA what about actually answering the question I asked rather than just being a cocky s.o.b?

Also Smakis, GGs at SNY. You've inspired me to learn how to play ICs properly - there's no way you should be beating on me as hard as you did :p

Will Savage

Smash Cadet
Who's Willz? I am Will Savage! A new player!

I might enter the Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament at this, that game is really fun. :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Sounds good Willz, I guess I look forward to playing you next tournament.

Who do you main???

And wouldn't you agree brawl sucks and so does KillerJawz as a moderator???

Will Savage

Smash Cadet
I am a fan of Brawl, and KillerJawz is my favourite Samus! EVER! So I'm sure he's a great moderator as well!

I main Mewtwo in Melee. I am not as good as players like Ken and Isai though! I think I am at least Mew2King level however...

j3ly

Smash Champion
shine + wavelanding > smakis

seriously all you gotta do is stick to the platforms, waveland alot, then drop down with a shine to separate. run up and shine nana (best SH shine then down dodge onto a platform for safeness), then shine spike her cos she always jumps. then deal with sopo like the z-tier char that he is. BF is my best fox stage vs IC's cos the platforms are easy to move about on. he 4 stocked me twice but the above strat ***** him 80% of the time with fox

lol @ learning handoff to beat me - it wont make a difference cos DUJUAN U WILL NEVA MANAGE TO GRAB ME AND NOT CHOKE IN THE SAME GAME MUHAHAHAHA

also be prepared to have it perfectly down to 180% bc of di. plus ill probably start beatboxing to throw off ur timing. myby ill go falco to give u a chance init ;)

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
... they'd probably be the best answers in the world.

Good to hear you're not quitting peach robby. That pleases me a lot in fact cos I KNOW your next choice would've been Sheik or someone lame like that.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
London is quite a trek for me but...
Can someone link me to details concerning the upcoming Melee/Brawl stuff? The OP doesn't seem to be updated
I wouldn't mind trying to get to this but I'd need to know where I was going xD

Also, does anyone in the NW have experience of travelling down to London? Trains are the obvious choice but how much would it be price wise?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace

seriously all you gotta do is stick to the platforms, waveland alot, then drop down with a shine to separate. run up and shine nana (best SH shine then down dodge onto a platform for safeness), then shine spike her cos she always jumps. then deal with sopo like the z-tier char that he is. BF is my best fox stage vs IC's cos the platforms are easy to move about on. he 4 stocked me twice but the above strat ***** him 80% of the time with fox

lol @ learning handoff to beat me - it wont make a difference cos DUJUAN U WILL NEVA MANAGE TO GRAB ME AND NOT CHOKE IN THE SAME GAME MUHAHAHAHA

also be prepared to have it perfectly down to 180% bc of di. plus ill probably start beatboxing to throw off ur timing. myby ill go falco to give u a chance init ;)
I 3 stocked ur fox with ease and even gimped you on the last stock THEN YOU RAGE QUIT!!! your fox is ****!

smakis

Smash Ace

oh ya, your fox was annoying, so i decided to try for a while before i relaxed again =)

fun games though

j3ly

Smash Champion
I 3 stocked ur fox with ease and even gimped you on the last stock THEN YOU RAGE QUIT!!! your fox is ****!
ur too cool, i dont have the heart to play against you the way i would in tournament :( which is why i never go mario against most uk. to spare the humiliation
oh ya, your fox was annoying, so i decided to try for a while before i relaxed again =)
you lie, you fluked 8 grabs in 2 games! amazing handoff consistency though o_O each and every one was 0-death

smakis

Smash Ace
will try my hardest, if my schedule had been set for september i would have already booked my tickets (provided your awesome floor can house my sexy butt again =D)

and ya j3ly i lied, i do have trouble with that kind of playstyle (practiced it a lot at sny before and after our games though, learned something very important right before the tourney ended)

tbh our most fun games were the doc vs mario lol, and man did i get off in two of those doc vs fox games (fluke my *** =D)

and of course my handoffs are mad consistent, what the **** am i supposed to do if not sit in training mode, i live in frikkin ireland : >

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I would like something to add i was thinking about this on the way home from sny

top players lead the metagame for there country

but because the top player is a falcon we are aggressive in another way from lets say the swedish having armada as a top player gives the other players a different kind of offence

every knows that attacking creates creativity and precision

so having fuzzy as a top player in the UK we all just attack and defend to the likes of a falcon in theory

so i can understand why some people would say ohhhh the other euro styles are campy such and such

so im not knocking anyone.

but its a sort of short term success they uk have had playing fuzz not being bias but i think we have improved the fastest. correct if wrong //

im just saying if your top player plays a high tier character all your players will improve more effectively in the long run

again im not knocking anyone its just what im thinking

people could say Nope, you're supposed to create your own way

but your only as good as the people you play.

in my pools i 2-0 everyone but it felt like i was playing vs a falcon

so weird well it could be just me lol

smakis

Smash Ace
im swedish living and working in ireland, before that i lived in southern sweden (equally as dead smashwise). I even remember every time i played melee competively =)

first like 6-7 months with a friend who didn't even try to become any better, he usually just started slipping further and further down his bed while playing until he didnt try at all, i learned how to wavedash during this time which was pretty much it.

Registered on the swedish forums on 8th of october last year, played 3 other players twice, one time in october and the other in december. My first tournament was alliance in holland last year, after that I played with the same smashers as last time one more time, after that i went to svar10 (swe tourney), sweetspot(swe tourney), svar11(swe tourney), london monthly, stiig (swe tourney) and now sny.

And now I live in ireland, where smash is literally extinct -.-

VA

Smash Hero
... they'd probably be the best answers in the world.

Good to hear you're not quitting peach robby. That pleases me a lot in fact cos I KNOW your next choice would've been Sheik or someone lame like that.
If I ever quit I'm going to put all my energy into making you into what I did not achieve. But I won't. So don't worry. Also I'm still toying with idea of maining fox marth and sheik. Tbh I might main fox, I enjoy him so much more now I can play him as smooth as the americans. I got so many comments about how fluid and technical my fox is now. I moonwalk A LOT with fox.

Anyway the story of stabbedbyanipple goes like this.

I had a really easy 2nd round pool. It was this

Me
Stabbed
Random Falco
Random Jiggz
Chu Dat

So I lost to stabbed and the random falco. Which I really shouldn't have done, I was in full choke mode. So much so I changed to fox against stabbed, I should have beaten him but choked again. Anyway the random jigglypuff of course beat both of them. I played him and he rested me twice at the start of a match so I made a 4 stock comeback. Then I 3 stocked him on dreamland. Chu Dat was busy playing brawl so all the matches that were left to play were against him. I knew I had to beat him to get into bracket. Stabbed then told me he was leaving the next day and I would get his place in bracket whatever happened.

I approached the match with chu with total apathy. He probably would have beaten me anyway. I knew I would get to play in the bracket so I didn't care. Had I have known they wouldn't enter me in bracket and I'd have to play as stabbed maybe I'd have cared what happened.

If I'm honest by day 2 of the tournament I'd developed a severely damaging "I'm not worthy" complex. It begun on day 1 when I got top seed of my pool but didn't progress through in first. When I got the easy 2nd round pool and failed to beat the crappy players I was really done in.

Anyway, that's what happened y'all. I'm not going to lie about it. You may think less of me because of this, feel free to. I went Marth against Cactuar in bracket, this is an indication of how little I cared at that point. Tbh if I was playing good I could have beaten mango the way he was playing that day (he was crazy hungover).

The whole experience was a massive test for me. The fact that I still want to play is really positive.

J03

Smash Master
Robby: most people wont think less about you, most people didn't and don't care =P

besides its america man, tbh i expected you to choke its a level youve never experienced before

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I would like something to add i was thinking about this on the way home from sny

but because the top player is a falcon we are aggressive in another way from lets say the swedish having armada as a top player gives the other players a different kind of offence

so having fuzzy as a top player in the UK we all just attack and defend to the likes of a falcon in theory

so i can understand why some people would say ohhhh the other euro styles are campy such and such

but its a sort of short term success they uk have had playing fuzz not being bias but i think we have improved the fastest. correct if wrong //

im just saying if your top player plays a high tier character all your players will improve more effectively in the long run

i remember once you told me,

"kira if you quit now all ure work up until now would have been for naught dont u think you should do it for yourself to not give up as you have put all that time into brawl as it would be a waste"

and now retro.... i mean edwin i pass this back to you!!

j3ly

Smash Champion
"kira if you quit now all ure work up until now would have been for naught dont u think you should do it for yourself to not give up as you have put all that time into brawl as it would be a waste"
Edwin has better control over the english language than this. but the sentiment remains :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Charles NEVERRRRRR decided my style or in anyway influenced it....maybe he influenced other people, but I played the way I did from playing the people who I played and at the time I created my style I must have played Charles like 1 every 1/2 months at a random smashfest (not long or frequent enough to be influenced)....I developed my style before I started playing Charles on a regular basis so stop saying everyone in the UK plays aggresive cos of Charles made us that way like we don't have minds of our own lol....

Top Bottom