• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
There should be plenty of time for melee and 2 SF tourneys. With no brawl around, you can accomplish anything!

I'm probably gonna be at this one with a bunch of setups and stuff.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
what makes 3rd strike such a good game??? how much is it on ps3/xbox360. I want to play 3rd strike now, lol. I just think that I try to many games out at the same time.

melee, blast corps, arcana heart 3, mvc3 (doesn't really count), street fighter 4 ae, and ppl. I should just focus on one game like 3rd strike for a while and give other games a break. oh and the one fox is in to.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I didn't understand what happen in either of those vids, it may have been a wombo combo, but I'll never know, lol

john!

Smash Hero
oatmeal creme pie eating tournament sponsored by little debbie

$20 entry, 70/16/14 payout

most snack cakes consumed in sixty seconds is the winner

each participant is provided water and other digestive aids free of charge

drug screenings will occur beforehand

sanchaz

Smash Lord
oatmeal creme pie eating tournament sponsored by little debbie

$20 entry, 70/16/14 payout

most snack cakes consumed in sixty seconds is the winner

each participant is provided water and other digestive aids free of charge

drug screenings will occur beforehand
is it okay that I get hammered before hand?

ORLY

Smash Master
enough of this silliness

street fighter is happening

don't enter it if you don't wanna

melee still da bess

Rat

Smash Lord
From the handful of 3s games played it was pretty awesome. The feel/pacing was good. Better the AE for sure.

Tink

Smash Hero
adding another event isnt good 0_0......these tournaments run damnnn long enough.
anyone that says it wont take much extra time to run another event, which seems to be getting as much hype as the MAIN event, is very wrong.

heres to hoping it works out, but if it doesnt, we shouldnt think twice to cut it back to friendlies only.

Scythe

Smash Master
adding another event isnt good 0_0......these tournaments run damnnn long enough.
anyone that says it wont take much extra time to run another event, which seems to be getting as much hype as the MAIN event, is very wrong.

heres to hoping it works out, but if it doesnt, we shouldnt think twice to cut it back to friendlies only.
these run long because these tourneys are super chill. Just get people to do their matches immediately.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....i like the try, but false. whenever someone runs these tournaments, im on them like white on rice to get it done...i hound them constantly and make sure things are getting done(ask any of the TOs that get ****ty with me 0_0 ).

hey, i dont mind tryinggg it, i love sf-ae....sooo fun, anddd i wanna get into it for apex, and see if any smashers can style on some pros. so there are many good things about it. but past experience's say that its not gonna work out GREAT.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no these tourneys run long because of the players. I dont know how chris is running it, but i consistently had to choose between canceling doubles or waiting until 1 to start because people wouldnt show up in time. Then theres the break between doubles and singles, but people spend too much time playing friendlies and when im starting pools they go "what about food" and i said "there just was half an hour of no tourney matches wtf were you doing" but let them go and the tourney gets delayed even more.

That said, a side tournament would definitely not be possible to run during pools & first 1-2 rounds of bracket

sanchaz

Smash Lord
lolll....i like the try, but false. whenever someone runs these tournaments, im on them like white on rice to get it done...i hound them constantly and make sure things are getting done(ask any of the TOs that get ****ty with me 0_0 ).

hey, i dont mind tryinggg it, i love sf-ae....sooo fun, anddd i wanna get into it for apex, and see if any smashers can style on some pros. so there are many good things about it. but past experience's say that its not gonna work out GREAT.
falcomist is just a beast at 2d fighters. you just see vids of him kicken *** in sf4ae, and mvc3. only reason no one notices is because justin wong takes all the glory, :(, and he doesn't travel, lol.

for tournaments. we manage to run 3rd strike, mvc3, sf4ae, smash 64, melee, and brawl, and finish around 10pm starting around 11am. let me say that again, we started BRAWL and FINISHED it. so I don't see any problems

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
it helps that only 2 people enter brawl, but it does still take all day to finish their set

edit- woot over 10k spams!

Scythe

Smash Master
it helps that only 2 people enter brawl, but it does still take all day to finish their set

edit- woot over 10k spams!
what there were 22 entrants at imdb, unless you are trolling lol

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, we also get 10 more ppl then WI tournaments do 0_0....that 10 ppl is alot when considering pools. on top of that, we cut pools for the sake of the newer ppl, and usually dont cut ppl at all if possible. making bracket even longer.

Rat

Smash Lord
Edit:

Bleh...I got nothing.

Woo a tournament! (??maybe that will suffice?)

BIG C

Smash Master
well here's the thing if there is a side tourny then you're gonna have to just cut out pools. as for people playing matches during the food break, in order to be a successful T.O, you have to be a **** when people do dumb ****. If they say what about food you tell them they have 5 mins to go get it and bring it back to eat during their time because their time is not your tournaments time.

I mean really new gen of T.O's is looking pretty mad wack. like AOB wouldn't stand for this ish. Just be like AOB and you'll be fine. like really you gotta show that you are in control of what's going on. If I went to these on a normal basis or even could I would run them for Chris and be the champ T.O that I am.

Yazz

Smash Apprentice
Chris: any way I can carpool with you?
And should I bring mvc3? I would need someone to bring an extra 360 controller.

:phone:

ORLY

Smash Master
@Tink: I hear what you're sayin' buddy. We can get this done if you co-TO it with me. (help me make pools, getting people to play their matches, busting chops, etc.) I will handle all SF-related nonsense.

Also: due to concern about running late, I will not be supporting other games like 3S. Sorry, 3S enthusiasts, but I gotta keep things tight this go.

Please read the schedule and show up on time and make a point to keep yourself informed on your matches. As many people will attest, I watch the match of which I play the winner, tell them to stay put, and sit down. The faster you get your matches done, the more friendlies you can play!

@Yazz: I can probably arrange for you to ride with whomever I'm riding with. I'll keep you informed.

Finally, I have yet to DQ anyone for holding **** up and I hope to keep it that way. You guys all love to play at these tournaments as much as I do, so let's not make this harder than it has to be. ;D

MW Melee da bess

Mundungu

Smash Lord
There really shouldn't be an issue getting tourneys done in 12 hours, which I think is what we have. We had 27 melee entrants and 22 brawl entrants last week, and had a time where we waited at least an hour in winners semis in teams due to brawl matches, and we managed to run like 4 side tourneys.

Idk if you guys normally get 37 or not, but even if you aren't strict about match making, there should be plenty of time for everything. I can help run brackets if that will help. How many setups do you normally get?

ORLY

Smash Master
it's not about set-ups, as far as i can tell

it's about people ****in' around and not playing their matches (hell, even i do it sometimes) and it's really really really about people going to get food when pools are supposed to start. the latter kills us for about an hour on its own.

you guys had pizza brought to the room which was **** and we didn't have to go anywhere

Top Bottom