• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

Tink

Smash Hero
i need a partner for this i guess....kelly or dekus or someone good 0_0.....someone get at me!

ORLY

Smash Master
Considering the bigger interest, I will be enforcing a $3 venue fee to encourage set-ups and provide drinks. Also: raising the request for Street Fighter 4:AE set-ups to 3.

Good s**t, bert!

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
idk if i can come...

parking in chicago is so expensive so i'm looking into taking a train. taking a train means no ride to tourney :(

sanchaz

Smash Lord
hey, I know this may sound kind of silly, and I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but here we go.

for the payout system in tourneys, does anyone think it's unfair to reward the top 3 players in a 25 man bracket. I know I'm going to get criticized for this but, I think the payout system should go to the top 4 in a 20 man or less bracket, top 5for 20-30 people, and payout to top 7 in a 30 or plus bracket. I think it gives even more motivation for people to try as hard they can to advance in bracket.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't like the payout system. what made me think about this that evo and in general the shoryuken forums have dumbest payout systems where I saw 1st gets 72.5%, 2nd gets 12.5%, and 3rd gets 5%....really. wow. shouldn't the payout system be more evenly balance towards the top players rather then giving the winner almost all of the money, granted he still deserves a great portion. idk, it was just on mind.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
sometimes those systems sound great

then you get 3rd and the guy who got 4th and 5th get almost as much as you and youre like WTF

unless its 40 or above top 3 ONLY

at 40-60 5th gets money back

60+ top 7

ETC

Tink

Smash Hero
the only realistic way to pay out further, is to charge more :/.....and no one likes that.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
it's not about set-ups, as far as i can tell

it's about people ****in' around and not playing their matches (hell, even i do it sometimes) and it's really really really about people going to get food when pools are supposed to start. the latter kills us for about an hour on its own.

you guys had pizza brought to the room which was **** and we didn't have to go anywhere
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A majority of people thanked me for the pizza, and requested to have it again. what was wrong with it? and you don't have to eat it, heck, have the justin sticks or cinnomon sticks I really hope you were being sarcastic

does anyone want to team?

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, i could see taking the venue fee and putting into a pot bonus, for the next sakurai, like weve talked about in the past, but not for drinks 0_0!

ORLY

Smash Master
hm. a pot bonus for sakurai would be an interesting idea. i can probably get 1 or 2 tournaments in before the date, too.

THEN IT IS DECIDED: the venue fee will be added to sakurai's pot bonus. let's get at this

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Uchicago guys: do you have room in your car for when you go back? i'm thinking of visiting someone i know there after the tournament. i have gas/drug money.

Top Bottom