• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
lol congratulations Kels. I would assume / hope he's talking about the big house.

Are xboxes ok for SF4, or do you just want PS3s?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Whats going on for teammates?

I have no clue what you guys have plan, but just like to say fox main here would like to team with someone. I think that I do better in teams then in singles, as it fits more of my play style and...I'm fox.

Kels88

Smash Lord
Go for it Tom. Really sad this is happening. I wanna team with Matt, but it's not everyday you get to team with one of the best.

Guess i need a partner. Anyone?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Go for it Tom. Really sad this is happening. I wanna team with Matt, but it's not everyday you get to team with one of the best.

Guess i need a partner. Anyone?
ohhh. kels we should team! we can do pika power as our team name.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Yay, got my shift switched so it looks like I shall be arriving after 1pm
Joy
Yay
Oh and I'm also going to play mostly spacies =D

alcheato

Smash Ace
HYPE!!! I'll definitely be there. So...teams, anyone? C'mon, Kels. You know you wanna ;)

ORLY

Smash Master
now i'm not teaming with tom at this or the big house

**** you kels

also: @dungles: personally, i very much prefer PS3. that's what's been used at the last two tournaments i've played SF4 at, so let's keep it the same. (the XBOX controller is basically unplayable)

sanchaz

Smash Lord
now i'm not teaming with tom at this or the big house

**** you kels

also: @dungles: personally, i very much prefer PS3. that's what's been used at the last two tournaments i've played SF4 at, so let's keep it the same. (the XBOX controller is basically unplayable)
how many ps3 will we need?

ORLY

Smash Master
3 SF4 set ups is my goal, but I can work with 2.

Also: please bring controllers! I don't play on sticks.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
if anyone has a triwing screwdriver.. could you bring it to this? my platinum controller just stopped registering analog inputs on the L button so i'm switching to a orange controller that i bought used off ebay. it's in decent condition, but i think i need to clean out the innards because the control stick and z button are a little janky

edit: i am the king of 1v1 monopoly, an infinitely dumber game than 1v1 dodgeball.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Joebaby, I'll mm 1v1 you in dodgeball.
The glasses are coming off. Ya know. So if someone *koffkoff* gets rocked in the face no glasses will be harmed.

edit: I'm so qualified to win that junk! My dodgeball team got 2nd place! inhighschool.
We had 1st place but the ref looked away at horrid times and made some bad calls that obv. favored the other (morepopular) team.

edit 2.0: Tri-wing. Check.

Kels88

Smash Lord
i am disappoint kels but i would have done the same thing hahaa
Didn't want to but yeah it's a rare opportunity I just don't wanna pass up. If we do well we might team for Apex.

And i'm not sure how in the hell i'm turning my back on the MW by doing this. It's not like i'm teaming with m 2 k and doing it just for money. Hbox is cool as hell.

BIG C

Smash Master
Didn't want to but yeah it's a rare opportunity I just don't wanna pass up. If we do well we might team for Apex.

And i'm not sure how in the hell i'm turning my back on the MW by doing this. It's not like i'm teaming with m 2 k and doing it just for money. Hbox is cool as hell.
LOL the style of the two players on this team, gonna be too funny.

alcheato

Smash Ace

Just do what you gotta do, man, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks. I'm sure most good players in the Midwest would jump at the opportunity to team with someone as good as Hbox.

Although if you teamed with M2K, I'd lose a lot of respect for you. :glare:

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Just do what you gotta do, man, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks. I'm sure most good players in the Midwest would jump at the opportunity to team with someone as good as Hbox.

Although if you teamed with M2K, I'd lose a lot of respect for you. :glare:
Cannot disagree with this more. First off, Peepee teamed with M2K and I assure you no one lost any respect for him. secondly, Dart politely declined Hbox's offer and he is basically the top 3 in MW.

If Kels was teamin with Tink for Bighouse and HBOX messaged him and Kels said yes, it would be a lot different. The fact that Kels was hyped to team with matt makes it clearly a financial issue. If you get first place with Hbox people will be like..damn Hbox too good. If Kels and Matt got first, people would be like, damn, midwest gettin off on cali and canada, Kels must be ****in good. Instead of two great MW players getting some credibility at this, Hbox will get it all ( for doubles at least).

john!

Smash Hero
you have a good point, but i don't think that teams means as much to most people as you seem to think it does. the midwest's performance in singles will show how well we do against the other regions.

and kels isn't obligated to fight for his "region"... if he wants to ensure that he makes lots of money by teaming with hbox, then he has a right to do that. i think most of us would do the same in his position.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
god dam, who's says kels and h box are winning teams, BEAT THEM IN TOURNAMENT. have the mentality to beat him and h box.

however, everyone in chicago lacks experiance against puff, lol.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol make no mistake, kelsbox would be a difficult team to beat but if you give up, it makes things much easier for them.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER SURRENDER.

also: if there's time after SF4 and the set-ups brought are able to support it, i will run a 3S bracket. IF THERE'S TIME

p.p.s. - frootloop and sanchaz (and anyone else coming from madison): you all are welcome to crash at my place tomorrow night and we can carpool in the morning

BIG C

Smash Master
lol make no mistake, kelsbox would be a difficult team to beat but if you give up, it makes things much easier for them.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER SURRENDER.

also: if there's time after SF4 and the set-ups brought are able to support it, i will run a 3S bracket. IF THERE'S TIME

p.p.s. - frootloop and sanchaz (and anyone else coming from madison): you all are welcome to crash at my place tomorrow night and we can carpool in the morning
Galaxy Quest FTW. that is all.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....it just sucks for the player getting ditched....instead of hating on kelly, we should be worrying about matt getting a great partner now....since the MW shouldddd show up in full force.

also, i dont see any diff from m2k and hbox 0_0....they both have muchhh hate in the community :/. if u said pp or zhu over m2k, sure.

either way, i got ditched the day before a tourny and still got a good parnter and 1st =D....it can happen for matt too.

edit: did anyone pick up my troller last tourny??? vro said it was in my bag when he took my setup, and it deffff wanst 0_0....so anyone know the whereabouts 0_o?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ask chris, i think he mentioned seeing a controller to me but he might have been talking about something else.

ORLY

Smash Master
I pick up any and all controllers once the tournaments end. If it was still there after everyone else left, I have it.

Top Bottom