• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Then what's with debating, if it's not serious?
Yes youre right, but this is the general bawrl discussion board, not the Debate Hall, there are few serious discussions here :p I will agree that some of the opinions expressed here are completely biased but there are also some legit ones, but in the end this is just a popularity contest like you said, and therefore should not be taken seriously.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Fox vs. Samus. This is sure going to be a interesting debate! A space animal, vs. a high-tech robot.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So polite, justaway. ^^

At any rate, I'd have to go with Samus. Samus is a fighter with a nice arsenal of space weaponry, Fox does all of his work in planes and tanks.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with Straked, I've seen Fox use a blaster and some sort of spear? and most of his work is in a fighter or tank.
now Samus can use Ice/Fire/Plasma, Super Missile/Bombs and upgradeable suit
she also has experience from fighting massive life forms (even some sort of evil replica)

Raizen...Samus is not a Robot, Samus is a woman well Female person raised by Chozo and is pretty much a super athlete.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I laughed so hard just now! I didn't see that "high-tech robot" part.

Where do you think ZERO SUIT SAMUS comes from? An egg?

Lovely

Smash Lord
This thread is so biased. Just looking back and seeing why Donkey Kong won, my goodness, did I just read stupidity? This is nothing more than a popularity contest.
♣ It's based of the game's I guess. I mean I never played Kid Icarus so I don't know Pit's weaknesses or his strong points. I will agree that a garden angel poses much more power than a gorilla. First time posting here BTW. ;p ♥

♣ Samus basically beats with out any ships. Samus know's more combat and has better weaponry than Fox. Sure Fox is known for his Arwing, but I don't know who would win if they both challenge in a dog fight. ♥

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
This is such a even match. Both of them have alot of different weapons. Fox has his reflecter, and arwing.

I don't know. Give my vote to Samus.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Where do you think ZERO SUIT SAMUS comes from? An egg?
A fertilized egg, actually. I won't get into detail though. You can look that up on your own spare time if you want to know that kind of information, Straked.

Anyway, my completely biased informed opinion would lead to my vote being for Samus. Shes got the weapons, the ship, and seems so much more high-tech then Fox. No, the barrel roll would not help in this matchup.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Samus is pretty much the most powerful protagonist in the Nintendo universe.

So, yeah. Samus.
Most definitely. Samus was integrated with Chozo DNA, which made her a hybrid of a Human and a Chozo. This occurred when she was three. She would probably be considered super-human. She can move fast and jump high. Check out the Metroid manga. You see Samus go in to stop the Space Pirates, and her friends don't even notice that she slips away from them until after she's down there with the Space Pirates. Haha! The Space Pirates even have trouble taking Samus down, noting that she's moving too fast.

Anyway, after eleven years on planet Zebes, Samus left the planet and headed for the Galactic Federation. She became a GF police officer and later a bounty hunter. Samus' armor was created by the most technologically advanced race in the galaxy. She went alone to planet Zebes and took down the Space Pirate fortress, something the Galactic Federation army could not accomplish. The instruction booklets mention that Samus completes missions others thought impossible.

Ferith

Smash Cadet
Samus is way more powerful than Fox, it's laughable this is even a competition =/

Samus destroys WORLDS, she's super fast, super strong, fires lasers like a mofo, she can morph, defy gravity, she can use her grapple beam to hinder Fox's movement by a longshot, fire and ice missiles, huge destructive capabilities, unlimited firepower, different suits for different occasions, the ability to scan her opponents weaknesses, use different visors to locate them even if they were to turn invisible. Fox could come at her with an airwing AND SUPPORT and Samus would still probably win. She makes Ike look bad, and Ike killed a god. Fox simply can't compare, in any one of his vehicles he has yet to match the firepower of Samus, and yet she is still dozens of times more adaptable and mobile.

+1 Samus.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Samus won! Sorry for the triple post btw. I updated the Peach Vs. Pichu results as well.

Let's move on to... Kirby Vs. Marth!

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Marth - Trained swordsman, that all I know since I haven't got any fire emblem games whatsoever
Kirby - Pink Marshmellow (according to snake), massive stomach and can pretty much eat everyone
however Marth can pretty much cut kirby and marshmellow on a sword...cooked kirby...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
*Pink Marshmallow

Snake spells things right.

REL38

Smash Lord
Kirby's beat Metaknight WHO has a sword countless times again and again. He can spit fire, crush his enemies as a stone, turn into a missle, throw bombs, use lasers and beam whips, electricity, EXPLODE, wield a sword and hammer. Marth only has a sword. Kirby could easily out do him there. A simple sword slash isn't gonna down Kirby because he's a puff ball. The sword slash would just bounce off of him. Kirby could just use any of his array of abilities or suck in Marth's sword and leave Marth going against a flying puff ball with a sword while he's bare handed.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He can only do that if he EATS someone that resembles that power. Your entire argument is incredibly biased, and couldn't happen unless there were any enemies around.

If Kirby were to suck Marth up, he wouldn't take away his sword, he'd get a smaller one for himself.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
He can only do that if he EATS someone that resembles that power. Your entire argument is incredibly biased, and couldn't happen unless there were any enemies around.

If Kirby were to suck Marth up, he wouldn't take away his sword, he'd get a smaller one for himself.
^^^^ truth
Marth would just slice the puff ball up. And even if Kirby could swallow him, I think he would just lose his insides as well.
+1 Marth

REL38

Smash Lord

Oh noes, my fanboy-ism is showing :p

Even if Kirby didn’t suck up just Marth’s sword, he’d suck him up. Kirby only gets a smaller sword in Brawl. Besides, he’d just get the generic sword ability where he has a regular sized sword. Kirby would dominate the air while Marth has to deal with that. Kirby would be a tough challenge to go against with a sword.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If this were real settings, Marth's sword would puncture a hole in Kirby when he gets sucked up.

Try again.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I know Kalm, this really isn't a good thread.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Anyone who vote's Marth has never played any Kirby game in their life. Kirby doesn't even need to inhale Marth, he can inhale the srounding area and get his powers. Plus Kirby has a block that stops most of Marth's attacks anyways. To add, most of Kirby's powers can take down Marth who is a human to Kirby that can survive even from deadly explosion attacks, Kirby doesn't die, lol. Not to forget the Warp Star, Kirby combine with the Warp Star makes him nearly invincible and he can basically destroy anything it passes at top speed. Let's not forget Kirby's strongest powers that he ever had like the Star Rod, don't basic on that item like in Smash, the Star Rod is never endless and can be shot anytime Kirby wants to. Did I mention he rides on a star, a freaken star, where someone that's a human can burn up when they get near it, that's another note to take.

Like I said, anyone who doesn't vote Kirby has never ever played his games and pay attention to them, also if you want more Kirby info, you know where to come at. Votes for Kirby.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Anyone who vote's Marth has never played any Kirby game in their life. Kirby doesn't even need to inhale Marth, he can inhale the srounding area and get his powers.
Who's to say Marth would allow Kirby enough time to get a new power? Kirby vs. Marth, plain and simple, there's nothing either character can use to their advantage.

Plus Kirby has a block that stops most of Marth's attacks anyways.
So does Marth.

To add, most of Kirby's powers can take down Marth who is a human to Kirby that can survive even from deadly explosion attacks, Kirby doesn't die, lol.
Powers are irrelavant to this. Kirby can't do anything to Marth.

Not to forget the Warp Star, Kirby combine with the Warp Star makes him nearly invincible and he can basically destroy anything it passes at top speed.
Kirby does not have a warp star regularly on him, he cannot use this.

Let's not forget Kirby's strongest powers that he ever had like the Star Rod, don't basic on that item like in Smash, the Star Rod is never endless and can be shot anytime Kirby wants to.
No. Kirby doesn't have any place to carry it, he obtains the star rod from several different places. HE CANNOT USE IT HERE.

Did I mention he rides on a star, a freaken star, where someone that's a human can burn up when they get near it, that's another note to take.
Doesn't matter, Kirby isn't going to be on a star if they're actually fighting.

Like I said, anyone who doesn't vote Kirby has never ever played his games and pay attention to them, also if you want more Kirby info, you know where to come at. Votes for Kirby.
I've played plenty of them, and payed attention to them. Just... nothing Kirby can do can beat a swordsmen.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh, someone dares to challenge a person who knows everything about Kirby and Fire Emblem. This is going to be fun. =P

Who's to say Marth would allow Kirby enough time to get a new power? Kirby vs. Marth, plain and simple, there's nothing either character can use to their advantage.
It depends on what area it is and Kirby's inhale can reach pretty far and it's strong enough to pick up a huge bolder, Kirby can just take the power from the area, and if Kirby sucks up a Rock and becomes Stone Kirby, then he basicly won the battle because Stone Kirby is invincible to all attacks except grab attacks, but what are the odds of Marth grabbing something that's more than 10tons, lol? Kirby doesn't need to inhale something that's alive, he can inhale objects and take it's power remember.

So does Marth.
Marth dodges attacks, and blocks with his sword if he were, while Kirby can block with his whole body and not get damage depending on what strong attack might come.

Powers are irrelavant to this. Kirby can't do anything to Marth.
Wrong term, just nearly all of Kirby abilities can take down Marth, maybe not powers like Beam Kirby, but nearly all of them. Let's get Tornado Kirby, the most broken power of them all and face Marth, he doesn't stand a chance. Remember if you played Kirby Squeak Squad he can hold powers in his stomach for anytime he can use the.

Kirby does not have a warp star regularly on him, he cannot use this.
He calls the Warp Star if he needs it, doesn't matter if it's on another planet, the Warp Star still comes as long as Kirby needs it. He only use the Warp Star when he really needs it to dodge attacks or use air strategies.

No. Kirby doesn't have any place to carry it, he obtains the star rod from several different places. HE CANNOT USE IT HERE.
*Sigh* you really haven't played much Kirby titles haven't you. At least play Kirby Adventure for NES, he can just use the Star Rod in space, the battle on the moon, so why not anywhere else. He can even use his Star Ship if someone's really powerful, but that's only for big and really powerful enemies.

Doesn't matter, Kirby isn't going to be on a star if they're actually fighting.
In reality, the Warp Star is a star so if anyone else touches it, they will burn, but I guess I won't base it off that.

I've played plenty of them, and payed attention to them. Just... nothing Kirby can do can beat a swordsmen.
You mean Kirby, the guy who beats a galactic overlord, the darkest evil, even Meta Knight, who said to have the strongest sword in the galaxies, and he can't bet a swordsmen?!? You really haven't played all his games. D=

And you got rid of my color post, double sadness, and for anyone who doesn't read my post.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sorry Viper, it's not worth replying to if I have to fix your strange font. :laugh:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There's not much else I can do other than laugh.

It's a shame this is a good idea, but we have such a bad user managing the thread.

Top Bottom