• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Indeed you did.
Although Mewtwo's the real champion.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
No. Ash Ness wins in the movie.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo, since he made like a base that can clone pokemon (oh ya, what happens in the case of a draw?)
and can pretty much throw people anywhere with his psychic abilities, not too sure about ness, since I don't know too much about his games.

ndayday

BRoomer
not too sure about ness, since I don't know too much about his games.
Wouldn't that make your comment/vote completely biased then? Sure Mewtwo makes (remakes, actually) the lab, but it gets 'sploded by Ash Ness.

And a draw would've happened, but Ash Ness jumps into the battle between Mewtwo and Mew, turns to stone, makes all the Pokemon cry, and then makes Mewtwo realize that fighting like that is wrong.

Ash Ness wins.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
No, no, just no....Mewto would win everytime, and you know it, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that months later this thread has come to the conclusion that Mewto ***** all, since he's just the ultimate being.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon that practically never die, just injured till you spray a potion on them and they are fully healed, or ness which I'm not too sure about, seen him a bit since I remember something rather vague,
he heals himself from energy based attacks as in brawl, but I remmeber him having to go to the drugstore to buy items to heal himself.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Ness has a rolling HP meter, so even if he was mortally wounded he would die so slowlt he can use PSI Lifeup on himself to fully heal him.

And PK Flash would OHKO Mewtwo :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This is tough this time. Mewtwo is one of the strongest Pokemon in Pokemon while being able to do so much as he can even make himself a Pokemon Trainer. While Ness master Psychic Kinetic attacks and his Bat and Yo-yo isn't normal. This is really tough to choose, and plus I like them both very much.... I'll vote later.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
if we're only looking at games, i'm not sure how you'd even begin comparing them. if we include the pokemon movies, mewtwo basically has free reign.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
if we're only looking at games, i'm not sure how you'd even begin comparing them. if we include the pokemon movies, mewtwo basically has free reign.
It's how the characters are in general.

I really don't have a clue about Ness.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Ness has a rolling HP meter, so even if he was mortally wounded he would die so slowlt he can use PSI Lifeup on himself to fully heal him.
This.
Why isn't it in Brawl?

Anyway, I would have to say Ness.
(After all the Earthbound/Mother series is way better the Pokemon, IMO)

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Guys.. I'm gonna call the Mewtwo/Ness debate a draw 4 the moment.

A lot of ppl seem to disagree with each other.

Our first draw! Ness and Mewtwo!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Pikachu. He's small, quick, reasonably powered, puts electricity to awesome use, good recovery and just plain cute. He's the winner, IMO.
lol, if it was in Brawl's game, he would win... sort of. But if it's true to their game, Luigi, (just like Mario), has been pass everything and beat nearly everything. The reason why Mario lost because no one really know what Mario can really do but just by base off on his basic games and not his major games like Galaxy or the RPG titles.

Luigi for my vote.

T-block

B2B TST
Pikachuuuu

I can't think of any game where Luigi attacks with anything other than a body part or a hammer... or a vacuum. That can't compete with Thundershock and stuffs.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Luigi.

Pikachu's just a filthy animal, Luigi's a lady's plumber.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
lets see...Luigi probably has the same abilities of Mario like crushing goomba with his weight, probably making fireballs and anything else related to mario, and Luigi is also a GHOSTBUSTER
Pikachu, like the most popular pokemon and shocking everyone to death and can learn a wide range of moves hmm...hard decision this
my decision will come later when I hear everyone else's reason

remember everyone Luigi is a GHOSTBUSTER, they are pretty cool lol

Tacel

Smash Lord
I think Young Link is better.

He has 2 ranged attacks:
-Boomerang
-Slingshot

Also, Young Link has a shield.
Yes, It is wooden, but he has the Hyrulian Sheild, which can cover his whole body.

Plus, Young link has the Ocarina of Time, which:
-Can switch from day to night
-Can make is rain, and can make it stop raining
-Can give himself a fairy for playing at one of those stones that tell time

Finally, he can turn into a:
-Deku Scrub (Can trap things in a bubble, and can hop on water)
-Goron (Has a rock-hard punch, and he can roll around like a giant boulder, smashing anything in his way)
-Zora (Can swim faster than anything)

I think Young Link can do more things than Roy.

ndayday

BRoomer
I think Young Link is better.

He has 2 ranged attacks:
-Boomerang
-Slingshot
A little boys slingshot won't hurt him. Maybe the boomerang. >__>

Also, Young Link has a shield.
Yes, It is wooden, but he has the Hyrulian Sheild, which can cover his whole body.
Not behind him.

Plus, Young link has the Ocarina of Time, which:
-Can switch from day to night
-Can make is rain, and can make it stop raining
-Can give himself a fairy for playing at one of those stones that tell time
And those help...how?

Finally, he can turn into a:
-Deku Scrub (Can trap things in a bubble, and can hop on water)
-Goron (Has a rock-hard punch, and he can roll around like a giant boulder, smashing anything in his way)
-Zora (Can swim faster than anything)
-They'll be fighting on ground though, not water. That'll be useless. He can break out of the bubble.
-Roy could...uhh...get some Iron Boots and throw him around.
-They won't be having a sword fight underwater.

Now for Roy's pros.

-has t3h f1r3
-Has a bigger sword
-Has rapiers
-has the Sword of Seals
-has a cape
-bigger and more manly
-he's our boy
-has t3h f1r3

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Young Link wins.

He has arrows.
boomerang.
a mirror shield.
bombs!!
Is faster.
Can taunt and drink steroid milk.
has a hookshot.
A slingshot.
a sword.
The ocarina of time.
Fairies in a bottle.
The great spin slash.
The bunnyhood.
A deku stick.
Deku nuts that would freeze roy to make him a easy target.
The razor sword? the second sword in majoras mask I forgot the name (and i played it yesterday XD) is longer than roy's sword of seals.
Has teh phire too!!!111one :younglinkmelee:

Tacel

Smash Lord

Not behind him.

If you've ever played Zelda Ocarina of Time, you'd know that when Young Link wears the Hyrulian Shield, he crouches down, and puts it on top of him. It's like a shell.
And those help...how?
This thread is called:
"Who's better?"
I believe having the Ocarina of Time alone gives Young Link advantages.
Also, again, if you've ever played Zelda Ocarina of Time, you the Ocarina a lot and it's very useful.
-They'll be fighting on ground though, not water. That'll be useless. He can break out of the bubble.
-Roy could...uhh...get some Iron Boots and throw him around.
-They won't be having a sword fight underwater.

Who said they are fighting? Once again, the threads called:
"Who's better?"
There's another thread, if you really want to talk about them fighting, in the Brawl General Disscussion.
Deku Bubbles are very strong. You realize that while playing Majora's Mask.
First of all, Iron Boots are Link's item, not Roy's. And how could Roy breath under water?

He has arrows.
boomerang.
a mirror shield.
bombs!!
Is faster.
Can taunt and drink steroid milk.
has a hookshot.
A slingshot.
a sword.
The ocarina of time.
Fairies in a bottle.
The great spin slash.
The bunnyhood.
A deku stick.
Deku nuts that would freeze roy to make him a easy target.
The razor sword? the second sword in majoras mask I forgot the name (and i played it yesterday XD) is longer than roy's sword of seals.
Has teh phire too!!!111one :younglinkmelee:
:bigthumbu

ndayday

BRoomer
Please read the OP. I'll just quote it here since you probably won't.

I don't know but, shouldn't we have a thread of how characters fair against each other with their REAL in game capabilties?[Note: By real I mean true to their game.
And yeah, I've played Ocarina of Time, I wouldn't of said that the Ocarina of Time would be useless if I hadn't played it. Seriously, if you were fighting some guy with a sword, (and you had one too, etc. etc.) and they pulled out a little whistle and made it rain, how scared would you be? Seriously.

Crouching down in a fetal position isn't going to help Young Link either, do you ever see warriors from movies etc. crouch down and put their shields over their heads in one on one combat? No. It would only be useful if Roy was like, throwing rocks or something. Which he wouldn't do.

I'll give you the bubble/Iron Boots thing, I was mostly kidding about those.
I said they WON'T be fighting underwater. :)

And Roy still has t3h f1r3.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Please read the OP. I'll just quote it here since you probably won't.

And yeah, I've played Ocarina of Time, I wouldn't of said that the Ocarina of Time would be useless if I hadn't played it. Seriously, if you were fighting some guy with a sword, (and you had one too, etc. etc.) and they pulled out a little whistle and made it rain, how scared would you be? Seriously.

Crouching down in a fetal position isn't going to help Young Link either, do you ever see warriors from movies etc. crouch down and put their shields over their heads in one on one combat? No. It would only be useful if Roy was like, throwing rocks or something. Which he wouldn't do.

I'll give you the bubble/Iron Boots thing, I was mostly kidding about those.
I said they WON'T be fighting underwater. :)

And Roy still has t3h f1r3.
Read the beginning post.
Where does it say that they are fighting?
It's whose better.
Young Link can do a lot more thing than Roy.

ndayday

BRoomer
This part right here.

I don't know but, shouldn't we have a thread of how characters fair against each other with their REAL in game capabilties?[Note: By real I mean true to their game.
Characters fairing against eachother? Wow, sounds like a fight to me. With their real in-game capabilities? Meaning true to their games?! Sounds like a fight to me. It's a fight, the OP hasn't said to choose who you think is cooler or has more equipment, because if he really wanted to do something like, that, he could make a thread saying: "My favorite Smash characters, what are yours?"

People have been comparing the characters in a fight so far, why stop now? Otherwise, it becomes a "lol imafanboy of ____" fight, and not a debate at all. It'd be a completely biased spam thread.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Sounds like a fight to me.
No...
If this thread was a "Who would win in a fight" thread, it would mention that it in the Original Post.

It sounds like a fight to you?
It sounds like a debate of who has the better moveset in their own games...
and look at the name of this thread:
"Smash Characters Debate Tournament! Who's better? [Roy Vs. Young Link]"

Does it say:
"Smash Characters Debate Tournament! Who'd win a fight? [Roy Vs. Young Link]"

No.
It doesn't.

If it would say that, it would be a copy of this thread:
"Nintendo's deadliest warrior! Extreeme Matchup!"

Whish is a "Who'd win in a fight" thread.

Top Bottom