• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Hit973

Smash Cadet
Hm... This hint is harder than I expected it to be. I guess I know why. You'd have to understand the troubles this character has at higher levels of play. Just because someone has KO moves doesn't mean they can land them against a smart opponent!

Also, its Mewtwo.
= Don't get grabbed= Ice Climbers?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ness has Bair, Usmash, and Throws, THROWS!

Lucas has a Lighting Fast Fsmash, and.......

Well it could be Lucas....

infomon

Smash Scientist
Heh, I see what you did thar. and I guess you're right it's not Sonic :'(

Hm... This hint is harder than I expected it to be. I guess I know why. You'd have to understand the troubles this character has at higher levels of play. Just because someone has KO moves doesn't mean they can land them against a smart opponent!
I love how this explains everything, and yet nothing. The IC mantra "don't get grabbed", maybe?

It's definitely Mewtwo. Lucario. IMO...

Pose

Smash Apprentice
It is not Lucario or ICs. They can both kill, and everybody always knew it.

It is not Sonic. He does not require patience in a match nearly as much as other characters.

I believe it is Pit. requires patience to play because you have to work harder than any other character to get kills. Furthermore, Pit players have to be patient in order to use his best moves like Angel Ring, because the positioning has to be perfect or else you'll be punished.

Its pit for sure.

When I read it, it was the perfect description of Pit. You guys have to understand that Pit has virtually no KO moves at all. None...nada. Pit has to work extra hard to get kills, so I think it is him.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Stupid whiners. I made a new hint. Don't blame me if its too easy, though. Geez. I could only make a hint more obvious if I just come out and say the character. Who, for those of you who don't mind spoilers, is actually:
Mewtwo

And this is the last time I'm going to change this freaking hint.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I guessed lucario in the first place and now it's OBVIOUSLY lucario, should have kept the first hint and made everyone go crazy about it imo.

Tenki

Smash Hero

Update #19: ?????

8/19/08

This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character. There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). This character can definitely turn around a game and become the underdog when played well. With an awesome aerial pressure game, this character can keep the opponent on the ropes. But with a lack of options when recovering, and lag after some of the best KO attacks, this character has a tough time with some characters. In the end, it seems like the potential for this character is limited only to the player, and we've seen a few of those players show off what is actually possible when you have enough skill.

Can you guess this week's character?
lol@heavy edits.

Becoming an underdog `.`;

It's Fox. jk, but lol minor grammatical error/misnomer - "become the under dog when played well"??

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
well lets see...

This character can definitely turn around a game and become the underdog when played well.ok sounds like fox to me

With an awesome aerial pressure game, this character can keep the opponent on the ropes. But with a lack of options when recovering, and lag after some of the best KO attacks, this character has a tough time with some characters.sounds alot like fox

In the end, it seems like the potential for this character is limited only to the player, and we've seen a few of those players show off what is actually possible when you have enough skilllol fox again

its fox this time 4srs

that was...too easy-.-

Mmac

Smash Lord
Actually, could it be Pokemon Trainer?

It sounds like Ivysaur in particular, but the hint is true with all three. All three have pretty laggy Kill Moves. All 3 have a great aerial pressure game, and all 3 have a pretty limited recovery.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
...The hint actually seems harder to me now. o_O But that's probably because I'm not very educated on most of the remaining characters (Seriously. The first 10 characters were pretty much all the characters I use on a regular basis.) so no need to flip out and change the hint again, Panda. ;d

I don't think its Lucario; his lag actually becomes BEFORE most of his best kill moves, with relatively low lag afterwards, such as Fsmash.

Still not Wario; his bike and crazy aerial mobility gives him plenty of recovery options, and the fact that he's placed 5th in the tourney rankings by no means make him an underdog.

Fox...I have barely touched the character at all, so I can't exactly say "yes" or "no" to him. Most people would expect him to be good from his Melee days, which would rule him out due to the "underdog" part, but if we're going by Brawl standards, and since he is quite underplayed (only going by the tourney rankings for this, since he's below Ike) I suppose we can throw that suggestion out the window...

Sonic, well, it could still be him. Not quite as educated on him as my previous guess might have led you to believe (it was just random info I picked up and tourney results. Says quite a bit for the contents of your hint, Panda :p) though it still wasn't much in the first place, so, like Fox, both Yay and Nay are not available for use here.

Pokemon Trainer? Hm...maybe. There's nothing that really outright rules him out that I can see, but I could be wrong.

Well, I can't make a solid choice right now, so I'll wait for someone to post something that really jumps out at me. And by wait, I mean go to bed because its 3 AM in the morning. Holy crap I have no life.

Night. Also, lol, 3 AM. I guess the children weren't safe and asleep after all.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lol@heavy edits.

Becoming an underdog `.`;

It's Fox. jk, but lol minor grammatical error/misnomer - "become the under dog when played well"??
It's not Fox, because it's known fact he is TERRIBLE in Brawl. Like literally really low tier material. He has horrible aerial physics that make his air game suck balls.

With the additions to the hint, I'm now leaning towards Lucario. Besides, SP keeps telling us that it's definitely Mewtwo. =/

Yaya

Smash Champion
Are you serious?

He has a godly air game, an Up-smash of the gods, an up-tilt spam, the shine.

That may be one of the worst non-troll/spam posts I've ever seen.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Is there a reason everytime the hint says things about hard times killing and such people still guess Fox?

He's one of the most reliable killers in the game. -_-;;

I just thought I'd point that out for you people who like to guess Fox when the hint mentions trouble KOing or laggy, punishable KO moves.

This week's character is Pichu by the way.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
SM mentioning Mewtwo practically guarantees Lucario, even without the rest of the hint. Why anyone would think it would be any other character is beyond me. Especially Fox. Fox has an awesome aerial pressure game? That's news to me.

Nanerulez

Smash Rookie
I guess that it's Lucario or Jiggs, but I'm more inclined to Lucario due the "lack of recovery options".

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im calling it.
Its lucario. If SP changes the clue one more time, and its says, Goku...

-t2

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ahahahahahahaahaha

OMG SamulaiPrada you have to stop caving to pressure like this. It's beyond easy now, and yet... ppl stil calling all the wrong characters...... this thread is too great :D

At least the ppl on this page are right. This week is now beyond a doubt obviously Lucario. As I'd already guessed in the hidden message in my last post.

For one, he's the character we all want to be Mewtwo. :-) Second, everyone calls him a puppy.

If that's not enough, let me break down the new hint, correctly.

There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). The much higher = Azen, but there are some others who do well. This character can definitely turn around a game and become the underdog when played well. Besides the obvious reference to Lucario's puppy qualities, he's well known to be the best at turning around a match, because of Aura which means he's actually stronger if he's behind in KOs. With an awesome aerial pressure game, this character can keep the opponent on the ropes. Lucario has amazing aerial combos, possibly the best combo potential in the game. But with a lack of options when recovering, and lag after some of the best KO attacks, this character has a tough time with some characters. His only recovery move is his up-B which does no damage, so he can't knock you off the edge. He has to try and hit or mindgame you off it (aura sphere helps), or try for a wallcling, but that only works sometimes. Of course Lucario's best KO options are his smashes, which are almost too laggy to ever pull off against a skilled opponent. Lucario has trouble with Metaknight and DeDeDe, from what I've seen of Azen's videos. In the end, it seems like the potential for this character is limited only to the player, and we've seen a few of those players show off what is actually possible when you have enough skill. Yep, Azen.

I kinda hope the Fox and Yoshi suggestions were just trolling to mess with ppl....

tl;dr: it's Mewtwo. Too easy -- piece of cake! (k srry for being such a jerk about this.... I'm just amused.)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character. There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). This character can definitely turn around a game and become the underdog when played well. With an awesome aerial pressure game, this character can keep the opponent on the ropes. But with a lack of options when recovering, and lag after some of the best KO attacks, this character has a tough time with some characters. In the end, it seems like the potential for this character is limited only to the player, and we've seen a few of those players show off what is actually possible when you have enough skill.

Underdog eh?.........

That's essentially my guess too.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman

Underdog eh?.........

It's Yoshi btw.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's not Fox, because it's known fact he is TERRIBLE in Brawl. Like literally really low tier material. He has horrible aerial physics that make his air game suck balls.

With the additions to the hint, I'm now leaning towards Lucario. Besides, SP keeps telling us that it's definitely Mewtwo. =/
I was just kidding about Fox. However, I didn't really notice that Lucario was a dog, too. lol.

The hint says that the character can turn the game around become the underdog (expected to lose) if played well XD

...that's what I was pointing out.

A character that when you play it well enough, can easily go from winning the game to losing it when you play it well enough.

`.`;

typo/misconception, I'd think.

Top Bottom