• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Hmm... I'm thinking #7 is either Toon Link, Zelda, or Falco. Most likely Falco, but it could be Toon Link since they both have fantastic projectile games. Zelda has her Din's Fire which is one of the best "projectiles" (if you can even call them that) in the game, and it's true it's hard to punish her recovery. I'm going to go with Falco or Toon Link though, since they are both thought of as good tournament characters.

That line about using them in air or on the ground... I'm not sure if it was referring to the character or the character's method of recovery. If they were referring to recovery, surely they are talking about Falco and his buffed Phantasm.
see... this is what really bugs me: zelda is in the same league as falco and toon link, she really is. The problem is she's underplayed for god knows what reason. but most anyone who's serious about the game doesn't deny zelda's skill and potential.

Zelda IS great, she just isn't popular so tournament results don't back her up

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
There's only one character I can think of that would use his recovery on the ground that also isn't placing as well as you'd think, and that's Pikachu.

Seriously, this guy received nothing but buffs from Melee (including a ridiculous buff to Thunder), and Sheik can't horribly chain throw him anymore. Where's the Pika love?

Zelda's the only other one that would be reasonable, as has been mentioned before.

AlexX

Smash Ace
If they were referring to recovery, surely they are talking about Falco and his buffed Phantasm.
I would think it would be a referance to their recovery in general, not just part of it. Phantasm is indeed a good recovery move, but if he needs any sort of vertical distance, he must use his up-B, which is much more easy to gimp.

Zelc

Smash Cadet
My first reaction was Pit, but Toon Link probably fits the description best. I was thinking Wing Renewal or something for the recovery, but the Spin Attack is more likely :).

ETA: "ROB has several weak spots, including beneath him, behind him, and anything at a 9 o'clock position (if ROB is the center of the clock) is totally safe from ROB"

Isn't the 9 o'clock position behind ROB? :confused:

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
NOW i'm guessing its toon link, since his up-b out of shield can be pretty effective.

at first i thought marth til i saw projectiles.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I think #7 is Zelda. The projectiles fit her right and there was early talk of her being a good character in Brawl, but on the ranking list she is low.

:034:

Smash Hero
It's Toon Link. Everybody agrees he is good, but he's hardly used in tournaments. He has various projectiles, making him hard to approach. And, he's good up-close as well.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
definitely not pit, pit's recovery is extremely easy to punish

possibilities

1. toon link - good projectile game, tether recovery combined with floatyness and great vertical recovery, and he's fairly hard to gimp, everyone was predicting him to be sweeping tournaments, and very few have gotten far

2. pikachu - very hard to approach, his recovery is nearly impossible to gimp if you have not played the pikachu enough to know his recovery pattern, on top of this, quick attack canceling seems to open up a whole lot of options for the little yellow rat, several people thought he would be up to his old 64 self, however, he has been nearly non existent at tournaments.

those are the two likely ones that i can see

the upb hint kinda points towards them, most other characters who have strong projectile games can get punished hard either during, or after upb

clowsui

Smash Legend
This week's character is someone who nearly everyone thinks is a very strong competitor, but strangely isn't placing as well in tournaments as some would expect. Perhaps nobody has tapped into the character's true potential yet? One way or another, this character can be frustrating to approach with the character's great projectile game, but is no slouch when you get in close. Couple that with a recovery that is hard to punish, whether you use it in the air or on the ground, and you have a character that only very few would enjoy playing against.

Falco.
Everyone thinks he's near top tier but only Sethlon has really placed with him.
Hard to approach with Lasers + shine
Recovery is ridiculously hard to punish (phantasm)

M.K

Level 55
I don't know too much about the characters that the tournament players use, but I can guess it's one of those "select" few that have been used more often than others.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Why not Zero Suit Samus? She was the first person to spring to mind.
Not that much of a projectile game, but still..
Maybe Toon Link.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Zelda.

Espicially after I played a **** fine Zelda main that used the teleport as a beautiful mind game. Granted it was on WiFi and the usual johns. But it wasn't easy to punish. Every time I chased to do so I ended up mis spacing. When I did space it perfect it turned out the lag wasn't what I expected. Maybe I'm just not familiar with her, or whatever, but I think Zelda definatly fits.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i totally called that ROB update.
but i got no clue who the next one is. maybe pikachu or toon link?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The "Recovery used on ground" is the only thing keeping me from being absolutely certain it's zelda. But that still doesn't entirely convince me, because it can be used in such a way.

It's DEFINITELY either Pikachu or Zelda.

Mez

Smash Cadet
samus or toon link are the ones that i can think of.... samus is really hard to aproach with her homing missiles, charged shot and Zair, can recover with her extremely long grapple or use her high priority screw atack to get to the stage, not to mention get bomb jump and floatiness, and she can use her screw atack on the ground out of shield to interrupt combos; and toon...well u all know toon link ^^

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
It is Toon Link. His recovery move is different in the ground and in the air, he has a hell lot of projectiles... But he is not placing well on tourneys.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I hope the next one is Zelda.
Her recovery isn't easily punished due to the damage that is done at the end.
She's usually placed in high tier, but tourney results show that Zelda isn't doing to well!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Zelda hasn't shown up on the map yet, it's ambiguous on gender, Zelda's recovery is VERY hard to punish.

Gotta be the princess.

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
I firmly believe that this one will be Fox or Falco, mainly because that they were expected to be great in Brawl cuz they were great in Melee, also the description matches them both.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Either Zelda or Pit I think. Although Pits recovery is very punishable if you can get to him while he's away from the stage so I'm leaning towards Zelda.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Fox, everyone expected him to be great, hes not doing as hot at tourneys as everyone expected, he can spam lasers, his smashes are powerful and he has a pillar for up close, his fire fox is powerful on the ground or in the air since the fire is around him.

Top Bottom