• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

massimo009

Smash Cadet
ya im sorry aquteen you've got nothing on KaShank... He's got a cooler name, better comebacks, and not a lame name.

Azrealdnt

Smash Cadet
And... why? Don't just spam, post some explination

It's not anyway... rather then rewrite I'll reference my previous post which explained why Zelda lacked certain attributes of the clue: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4584791&postcount=1889.
Does it matter why? I could list several reasons why I think it's Zelda, but I didn't. Some of them have been said before, some of them haven't. I'm pretty sure there is no law or rule preventing me from saying who I think it is. I simply expressed my opinion.

Should I quote your grammar and spelling mistakes? Should I link you to a post where I say my opinion is more valid than yours? Call your opinion spam? Here's another just for you:
I think you are rude.

It could be Link as you say, or it could be Zelda, or it could be Samus; it could be almost anyone. The hints are very vague and open to interpretation. You could break down any one phrase and link it to almost any character. I'm pretty sure these hints are just to keep people interested in the post. It's a lure, and an effective one. It's a method to get people thinking, to keep them involved in the thread.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Come now there are children around. Just because you like men doesn't mean everyone else does.
What are you five year olds?
Or are you from Gamefaqs?
That and posting some that is sexually offensive and then even going so far as to make it appear as if another person said it, is possibly a TOS violation.

Hmm I wish Samuraipanda was here.
Panda's make everything better.

Edit: Don't rush the SBR. We get an update whenever we get one. A lot of thought goes into what these characters can and cannot do and to post a summary that is only a paragraph or two long can be difficult.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
The person who does the updates isnt here right now (as in the person who makes the summary and does and bunch of other stuff, SamuraiPanda mentioned it several pages ago), just be patient, we should have the update eventually, not like the world will end.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Does it matter why? I could list several reasons why I think it's Zelda, but I didn't. Some of them have been said before, some of them haven't. I'm pretty sure there is no law or rule preventing me from saying who I think it is. I simply expressed my opinion.
The entire point of the thread was for us to defend our choices...

Should I quote your grammar and spelling mistakes? Should I link you to a post where I say my opinion is more valid than yours? Call your opinion spam? Here's another just for you:
I think you are rude.
That's just off-topic, but yeah, in a discussion thread, undefended opinions are spam.

The link was merely a more efficient way of explaining why it wasn't zelda then rewriting what I said, consider it equivalent to placing said post in the one that responded to you.

It could be Link as you say, or it could be Zelda, or it could be Samus; it could be almost anyone. The hints are very vague and open to interpretation. You could break down any one phrase and link it to almost any character. I'm pretty sure these hints are just to keep people interested in the post. It's a lure, and an effective one. It's a method to get people thinking, to keep them involved in the thread.
The point is that they're all necessary qualifications, which should allow you to, weed out who it's not, and by process of elimination figure out who it is. Certainly there are possibilities... but there are certainly characters which it couldn't be.

Zelda for one, because she's already in the upper tiers of the current meta-game (among other things).

So a little defense would be appreciated. Ok, maybe I was a bit hard on you, but the fact stands that it added absolutely nothing to the discussion.

...though you're far from alone in that regard now.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Zelda for one, because she's already in the upper tiers of the current meta-game (among other things).
semi agree that it isn't zelda (it still feels like zelda to me) maybe it's because i second her...

but zelda isn't exactly doing well in tournaments: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

#22 is not exactly good, but the fact that you see zelda as high tier just shows the point that (paraphrasing) nobody doubts the ability to be in the upper tiers.

---overswarm, get back, please, the wait is killing me

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'll probably head to bed early tonight, so even though the summary will probably be done in a few hours, I won't be around to update it just yet. So I'll just tell you guys who it it was (for real this time :laugh:). And I need to make next week's hint harder, since waaay too many people got this one ^_^''

'Twas the holder of the Triforce of courage: Link.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
semi agree that it isn't zelda (it still feels like zelda to me) maybe it's because i second her...

but zelda isn't exactly doing well in tournaments: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

#22 is not exactly good, but the fact that you see zelda as high tier just shows the point that (paraphrasing) nobody doubts the ability to be in the upper tiers.

---overswarm, get back, please, the wait is killing me
Which really suggests that at the moment she's underplayed more then anything. It fits one of the hints, but certainly not the rest.

Being also a Zelda secondary, I read the hint, and my first thought was "not Zelda", because I know too well that she has too many advantageous match-ups against fast characters, she really lacks a glaring weakness, and in general not reaching the higher tiers does not describe her.

I'll probably head to bed early tonight, so even though the summary will probably be done in a few hours, I won't be around to update it just yet. So I'll just tell you guys who it it was (for real this time :laugh:). And I need to make next week's hint harder, since waaay too many people got this one ^_^''

'Twas the holder of the Triforce of courage: Link.
Heh, maybe a bit of a couple of really analytical smashers who broke it down and convinced everyone else made that happen (myself included)... btw, I so told you guys so!

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
Link's
hint too specific...Ganondorf's too vague....its hard to make a good hint that's somewhere in the middle. Perhaps a good description for next week's character would be "Not as good as Snake", or "is countered by Snake", or "should avoid fighting Snake at all possible costs, for the love of God and all that is holy".

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Link's
hint too specific...Ganondorf's too vague....its hard to make a good hint that's somewhere in the middle. Perhaps a good description for next week's character would be "Not as good as Snake", or "is countered by Snake", or "should avoid fighting Snake at all possible costs, for the love of God and all that is holy".
And that isn't Vague? That's basically everyone on the list...

...Including Snake.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
actually, I hear all of Pkmn trainer's matchups are not that great or at a disadvantage.
they have to treat him as one character you know.
You heard wrong. He has at least one pokemon advantage for about 37 of the 39 characters. The last two are MK and Snake if I remember correctly, where he still has two neutral matchups.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Yeah, unfortunately the advantage he can get with a Pokemon against most characters, is only a slight advantage. Also with stamina forcing you to switch to your other Pokemon, you need to be able to at slow down the pace of the match with your other Pokemon in order to allow the one that has the advantage to recuperate a bit. I feel that for Pokemon trainer to truly have an advantage against another character, at least one of his Pokemon must have an advantage, one must at least also be neutral, and the other should not be significantly disadvantaged.

Still though, his matchups are pretty good overall if you can use him well and counter the issue of stamina effectively.

And I guess this post was a little off topic.

Top Bottom