• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'd say it's Pit.

Difficult learning curve I'm not sure about... you can basically spam most of his moves. But he can stop campy characters with the shield. Spams all over slow characters with his Angel Ring and a few other moves, but runs fairly slow and his up+b has some slow startup time. Some of his weaknesses preventing him from high tier would include his gimpable recovery and the fact that he can get caught in some of his spammable moves, allowing for a quick punish from the enemy.
No weakness to sonic...

Seriously, the hint was very specific about not being able to do anything to fast characters, so if the char isn't good against sonic, that tells us right there that it can't be that character because Sonic is pretty much the poorest-performing of the really fast characters, so he'll have the fewest match-ups where he has the advantage, and any char with a disadvantage against him is therefore a good possibility.

Actually, I had a thought...

Captain falcon is a possibility, spacing is absolutely essential for him because of his overall weak game, just so he can survive. He can definitely spam all over slow characters with his speedy attack and retreat tactics, but chars who have about his speed can simply keep up with him far too well for him to use these tactics so he just gets obliterated. He's also definitely underplayed.

Regardless his massive list of disadvantages means in spite of the fact he can spam all over slow characters, he's generally not successful in actually winning versus them. He's got a couple of glaring weaknesses as well (being built to combo in a game where low hitstun prevents that) and theres no way he'll ever... EVER get into the higher tiers.

Except in Items play with the timer as the only item...

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
It cant be Captain Falcon. It says this character can stop campy characters from camping. Falcon stopping camping? I don't think so. Although the other points do somewhat fit him. I'm staying strong with Link or Samus but the SBR may surprise us with Captain Falcon.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It cant be Captain Falcon. It says this character can stop campy characters from camping. Falcon stopping camping? I don't think so. Although the other points do somewhat fit him. I'm staying strong with Link or Samus but the SBR may surprise us with Captain Falcon.
Oh, forgot to mention that.

I really don't know, in my expirience, Captain Falcon is just too fast in movement speed to effectively camp against, period.

But again, if characters are fast enough to keep up, he can't really do anything, he's "too slow" to stop them from attacking effectively and loses his one advantage.

Link is of course, still my first choice, but the Cap Falcon fits as well, I see no reason they might not throw him in.

Oh, and Samus lacks the disadvantage against fast characters.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
May be its... YOSHI! :)

and wow didnt really expect Ganondorf to be #8. Which B move are they talking about that could '[deal with spammers or long range projectile users]'? im guessing side B cus its quick or something? well anyways... i dont have a definite guess of mine for #9 yet, but im considering Yoshi and a few others. Im going to try to think simpler as it seems like the hint/descriptions can be misleading, even if only minorly, cus for example many (and i considered) wario, as he seemde to fit quite well.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Probably Down B. It goes through some projectiles and is fairly quick. Most projectiles will hit him out of side B since it has no hitbox till the end.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Zelda sounds right, except that she has no massive weaknesses (and she can change into Sheik to cover most of the ones she has anyway), and she is definitely not underused. Many people even consider her top tier material. I still think that this description fits Link much better than Zelda
I think one of her weaknesses though is that her approach is only subpar. Its probably one of the huge things stopping her from hitting top tier or something like that.

Edit: Give #9 please D:

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Mk is destined for top tier. Despite the lack of killing power, how can you deny his amazing reocvery and near unbeatable air game? His speed assures that no one will be able to (effectively) projectile camp as well.

Further, he is the owner of the unduisputable best taunt it the game. "Fight me!" Epic.
top tier in 1on1, besides no one is "top" or "bottom" imo
no one is THAT good, melee fox was top, compared to the non-combos and infinite dodging i cant see how anyone could be that good/bad

he lacks a projectile, any super special moves like a reflector, oh and he weighs like 5 lbs, ganondorf running attack at 70% > MK

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how much longer it will be. Usually the summary is posted in the old thread and the new thread is created. But Overswarm isn't back yet, so we don't know who the new thread is going to be on, thus the summary has yet to be written.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think one of her weaknesses though is that her approach is only subpar. Its probably one of the huge things stopping her from hitting top tier or something like that.

Edit: Give #9 please D:
But Zelda is a defensive char/projectile spammer anyway, she has answers to all the projectile campers (either Din's fire or neutral b will work against just about any projectile) so a sub-par approach isn't really an issue. I can count on one hand the number of times I needed to approach with Zelda. If you do however, her lagless ^b is a great approach mechanism.

Zelda is gonna be high-tier, so the point about not being able to make into the higher tiers doesn't fit (barring some major metagame change that leaves zelda behind), she's not underplayed, has no weakness to fast characters in particular... no it's not Zelda. Unless the BR has a severely distorted image of Zelda, which I doubt.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Rare was the makers of Banjo Kazooie, and microsoft bought them out. Thankfully all the best people quit and made retro studios.
Wtf are you talking about. Retro studios is in Texas, Rare is in Britain, there's no correlation between the two. SOME Rare employees left and formed Free Radical, though.

Sorry for the off-topic post, hate to clear up a glaring inaccuracy.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The front room has just announced that it is Ness. Congratulations to all those who had guessed him. Now for #10...
Where? Pictures or it didn't happen. Just kidding, but they've delayed release of this character long enough that I need an official announcement before I'll believe it's anyone.

Regardless. Ness is also a reasonable choice.

I'll stick him under Link as possibilities, only because he's neutral against pit.

1. Link
2. Ness
3. Captain Falcon.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
It isn't Ness. It's Lucas. Ness was last week. It's just that the SBR all had broken keyboards so when they typed "Ness" it came out as Ganondorf.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
Psh, I think were missing the real issue here. Cause... it would take more than a montage to fix that atrocious swatch of textile you call clothes. *Snaps*

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
Aquteen, if your going to keep being ridiculousness, then *sigh* I'm just going to have to rip your face off... Twice.

aquteen

Smash Ace
Aquteen, if your going to keep being ridiculousness, then *sigh* I'm just going to have to rip your face off... Twice.
Why is ness at the end? There is no way ness is at the end/bottom of the tier list, or are you eluding to the fact that ness might be the next character?

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
The Hell are you talking about? You know what, your vocabulary is so stupud that it can't even spell the word.

Top Bottom