• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Nestec

Smash Ace
Never said I was refering to that post of your's, I just quoted it. Mindgames are fun.

/_/. Be careful what you do next.
Recycle to your 1st.
SamuraiPanda, Overswarm.
_ce _ce BABY!
O SNAP

_It's _a_me_ Luigi _o y__, _____!

[IG]http://i360.phtbucket.cm/lbums/44/ttsm/.jpg[/IG]
I don't know what that earlier post was about, but it made me think of Luigi long before you guys started figuring out the youtube stuff. X__X

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Internet stalking.

And why do I have a feeling the SBR is tricking us and it's really not Luigi?

Because last time they were quiet when we got it wrong, this time they're quiet too.

I think this time we're actually right, but I guess we'll see.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
I think OS would probably have a nice lol at that one. Mostly because he didn't give us any huge blatant hints at all.
i wasn't saying it because overswarm gave us hints, i said it because it's part of the hint in dazwa's aim profile and i thought it would be funny to just throw it into the conversation like that :D

either way, we got this in the bag. one of you can keep searching for something we missed if you want, but i feel pretty **** good about this

oh, and i'm calling character 28 as ike. right now.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Because last time they were quiet when we got it wrong, this time they're quiet too.

I think this time we're actually right, but I guess we'll see.
last time some people were right though, too, and the reasons were already posted while people were still guessing Ike

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is a stacked character... He has a surprisingly good array of short powerful attacks. You can improve his range game with practicing certain moves like his arial A's. If you go into training mode and set the speed low, you can study his movements and understand the range of his attacks better. I know training mode sounds old fashioned, but being able to create certain environments can be key to fully understanding the depth of a character. Anyways, it really comes down to the player and their understanding of how to use this character. His "peak point of range" is around 3/4 the total range of marth if hit at the perfect dircetion, distance, etc....

Of course, you can always take marth into training mode and do the same thing. I usually never go into training mode unless I am really in the need to understand the moveset animations. Hope this helps...

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ wrong thread.......?

(I think you meant to find the Metaknight Discussion Thread..... here is where we guess at who next week's character is :bee:)

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I understand the depths of smash, and yet I cannot even post in the right thread... boy that was a dumb move, **** Firefox's multiple tabs foiled me again

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Wow... how the heck did someone find that youtube video?

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
Wow... how the heck did someone find that youtube video?
a picture in dazwa's aim profile had some characters embedded in it, and i figured out that the characters were the "unique" section of a youtube video. someone else found the video though (because i messed it up when i tried QQQQ).

ftl

Smash Journeyman
(because i messed it up when i tried QQQQ).
Well, I'd posted the letters wrong. If you just tried what I'd said they were the first time, it wouldn't have worked. I think the I should have been an l, and the B should have been an E (or vice versa? Don't remember). I just tried a bunch of simple variations on the letters that I couldn't read.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Been explained like 100 times, man. :/

Music in background=backwards Mario music

Study
_____

Eternal

=Etenal Understudy

Eternal Understudy+Mario Music= Luigi

Luigi is the "eternal understudy" to Mario, if that's the part that confused you. Luigi's always in the background and never in the spotlight (mario is), which is basically what eternal understudy means.
Ah. Smart you are, but amazing like mimic_king you are not.

By the way, we need to find Dawza outside of this site. My guess would be Youtube, so we need to find him there. That eternal understudy video doesn't prove enough.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
But those darkserenade posts were never part of a hint. It was just him trolling.
I find that offensive. :(
I wasn't trolling, just guessing it was Mario, was all. I didn't want to give away what I thought was the answer, which now seems to be wrong.

Anyways, mimic_king, the more you post, the more you seem like you want to get us to be wrong.

Denzi

Smash Master
Ah. Smart you are, but amazing like mimic_king you are not.

By the way, we need to find Dawza outside of this site. My guess would be Youtube, so we need to find him there. That eternal understudy video doesn't prove enough.
You can't be serious. Come on now.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It does seem a slight bit too obvious...
Especially since the SBR has admitted to creating red herrings before.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
It does seem a slight bit too obvious...
Especially since the SBR has admitted to creating red herrings before.
Well, OS did say he had originally expected this hint to take us all of 30 mins to get.

It wasn't obvious. It only seems that way in retrospect. Sure, it's a logical trail now, but I honestly had no idea where to go with it for a while, until OS specifically said that his image macros were hints. And even then, it took a couple of us to get different pieces of the puzzle.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I find that offensive. :(
I wasn't trolling, just guessing it was Mario, was all. I didn't want to give away what I thought was the answer, which now seems to be wrong.
Ah, then I misunderstood, and I apologize. I thought you were just posting your own hints to confuse people and bait them along wrong directions.
(as mimic_king tries to do)

But I think I'm right that it just generally confuses ppl cuz they don't read all the pages so they think it's a legitimate hint. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom