• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

WITH

Smash Apprentice
Change my mind, its sheik. He fits everything and he is more SERIOUSLY underplayed than zamus. For anyone saying Mario please stop...DDD infinites him he's not even a potential counter.

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Olimar.

Underplayed, yeah I'm pretty sure.

Pikmen spam is very annoying to play against.

Know he does good against snake, not sure about D3, but I know he can not be cg'd.

Fairs and Dairs are good for edgeguarding, I think...

Usmash is decent for KOs, but really a rough time KOing, so yeah...

tether recovery, nuff said.

Impressive yet gimmicky ATs. Pikmen desync is impressive, but rather useless so yeah, that fits to.

AMIRITE

AlexX

Smash Ace
..waiting for someone to put up a description and tailor it to Ike. yup..
As much as I'd like to see it happen, Ike doesn't really have any issues with KO-ing. He just has problems getting KO'd, himself before he gets the chance...

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
if this week isnt ZSS i will be surprised......

i bet the people who do the updates are going to make yoshi last, just cause they know all the people want him/her to be done....

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Probably one of the mother boys, Ness I'd say.
Mother boys don't have trouble killing. Like, at all. Ness's Bair kills consistantly at like 120% and is easy to land, and Bthrow at the edge can kill at like 90%. You just try and tell me a grab is difficult to land. Similarly, Lucas can hit his Fsmash incredibly easily, and it kills at like, 100%.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Mother boys don't have trouble killing. Like, at all. Ness's Bair kills consistantly at like 120% and is easy to land, and Bthrow at the edge can kill at like 90%. You just try and tell me a grab is difficult to land. Similarly, Lucas can hit his Fsmash incredibly easily, and it kills at like, 100%.
Points taken. Might as well scratch those off the list then.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So who's left? Ignoring Melee characters.

Donkey Kong
Fox
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Wario
Yoshi
Zamus

Severely underplayed and underrated,
Pretty vague, but conservatively: just remove Wario from the above list.
this character can prove to be one of the more annoying characters to fight against.
Remove the larger charters without "annoying" moves or spamable projectiles:
Fox
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi
Zamus

With some interesting strategies that can possibly even counter characters like D3 and Snake,
Skipping over. I do not know all those matchups.

and an edgeguarding game that can destroy quite a few characters, people may be missing out by overlooking this character.
Spikes, general good edgeguarding game, removed those who didn't have those:
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi
Zamus

However, it may be that only those with patience will be able to handle this character well, as getting the KO can sometimes prove to be an arduous process.

Remove those with decent KO power:

Jigglypuff
Mario
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi
Zamus

And with a recovery that can be stopped quite easily, this character has a few holes that keep the character from being too powerful.
The same above list. Most have above-par recovery - though every one of them can be "stopped."

Although the character has impressive, yet gimmicky, ATs to add to the character's game, it seems that this character is overall quite solid but not quite outstanding.
Remove those with few (or one ATs):
Mario
Peach
Pit
Sonic
Yoshi

Yoshi?! If only due to the "severely underplayed" part. I want it to be Peach though.

_clinton

Smash Master
Yoshi or Peach...

I'm going with Yoshi...if you can land a footstool right...you can gimp his recovery (well other then his 4 upB shots left and his air movement)...unless he air dodges as he goes up with his 2nd jump...

Eggs make D3 and Snake come to him...oh and they annoy the hell out of you when you are coming back...

He does have issues KOing...

of his 3 grabs...2 of them are great (Pivot and the running one)

Timbers

check me out
Lucas can hit his Fsmash incredibly easily
You have got to be kidding, lol.

When your only realistic killmove is a grounded one, it's incredibly easy for characters to avoid it and punish accordingly. It's like Fox's usmash in the sense that it becomes one of the most telegraphed moves of his arsenal once in killrange.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
You have got to be kidding, lol.

When your only realistic killmove is a grounded one, it's incredibly easy for characters to avoid it and punish accordingly. It's like Fox's usmash in the sense that it becomes one of the most telegraphed moves of his arsenal once in killrange.
Who said that was his only killing move? The down smash has a good amount of knock back and is hard to spot-doge (It's also convinent for edge guarding, I personally love this move :p), his Ftilt and Fair usually kill at high percentages, his Back throw can K.O if your next to the edge, and he can always edge guard people thanks to PKT and his two spikes.

The Up-smash is also a crazy KO move, but thanks to its laggyness, your likely to only pull it off if your opponent makes a HUGE mistake.

Seanson

Smash Ace
My vote is lucas. I know at least 5 ATs with him that are useless in actual fights. His recovery isnt that amazing, and he can gimp with PK thunder very easy for some characters, and has trouble landing smashes to kill.

But who can know for sure since the hint matches a lot of characters

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well Yoshi's Dair shreads D3 shields and snake can be grabbed from cypher (but no good snake would let that happen)

Then again Ness' PKFire destroys both D3 and Snake

But hmmm, yoshi doesn't have much or a recovery problem since he has armor and great aerial speed (S class :chuckle:)

Probably be an earthbounder since their recoveries are very easily gimped if someone actually tries to...hmmm this will require more thought.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I've grabbed pretty good Snakes out of Cypher, because what I do is if they fly too far away for a grab, I'll aerial them and hopefully reset the situation to trap them and force them to let me grab them, r I'll kill them eventually with aerials. But that is with Marth. And about the Earthbounders, what "gimmicky ATs" do they have? I'm thinking Yoshi because of his Dragonic Reverse.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
what is dragonic reverse?

im still thinkin ZSS, she is awsome at edge guarding with down-B, bair, fair, down smash on the ledge to bair for the stage spike is awsome. Doesnt say the person has a bad recovery, just can be interupted, and with a tether (though no good ZSS would get gimped like that) it can be interupted. and gimmicky AT, down smash lock on some charecters (looking at space charecters) up B, and down smash combos etc. might not be the most gimmicky but come on. only thing is she doesnt always have touble killing, with her down-B, Bair,fair, side-B, and sometimes uair

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ZSS has no gimmicky ATs.

EDIT: Definitely Pit. Wingdashing is flashy and... Useless.

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
So who's left? Ignoring Melee characters.

Donkey Kong
Fox
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Wario
Yoshi
Zamus

Pretty vague, but conservatively: just remove Wario from the above list.

Remove the larger charters without "annoying" moves or spamable projectiles:
Fox
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi
Zamus

Skipping over. I do not know all those matchups.

Spikes, general good edgeguarding game, removed those who didn't have those:
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi
Zamus

Remove those with decent KO power:

Jigglypuff
Mario
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi
Zamus

The same above list. Most have above-par recovery - though every one of them can be "stopped."

Remove those with few (or one ATs):
Mario
Peach
Pit
Sonic
Yoshi

Yoshi?! If only due to the "severely underplayed" part. I want it to be Peach though.
jigs can kill bowser at 90%... where does she lack kill power?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Only Pit has gimmicky ATs. Yoshi has one that's actually pretty useful, though really hard to pull off.

Find me a competitive use for wingdashing that's used by every Pit player and I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Gimmicky does not mean useless. He still calls them "impressive."

Pit has a ton of arrow stuff, wing cancelling/dashing/gliding.
Sonic has like 12. @_@
Yoshi has 8.

Though I think we can rule out Mario and Peach:
Mario has cape dashing, cape gliding, and wave sliding.
Peach has the turnip free pull, turnips cancel, and the dtilt slide.

Not exactly "impressive."

So we're down to three. Sonic, Pit, and Yoshi.

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
With Sonic has a very good recovery, and Yoshi having SA during his second jump, I would have to say Pit, who, last I checked, can't use his up B again after he gets hit out of it.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
I thought numb was temporary though...

There was a girl on Oprah with the affliction..

On a related to the topic note -> PIT
CIPA (congenital insensitivity to pain)

Your welcome. Oddly enough the disease makes you unable to cry because it affects your tear ducts as well.

Top Bottom