• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
dont forget Uptilt and d-dilt are your primary punisherws if he decides to f-tilt. d-tilt has as much range as snakes f-tilt and sends up up into the air where luckily snake is easily comboed. chaingrab at low %s and make sure You do lots of ledgecamping. finally. Dont bother reflecting nades. Justs keep arrowing and wingdash when a nade reaches you to deflect it away,

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Warios recovery isn't pimpable, he isn't underplayed and since when does he counter DDD?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
For everyone who thinks its Sheik, its not, her recovery has been buffed beyond belief and is no longer gimpable like it was in Melee. ^B is now usable in every notion. If you land on the stage, the force of wind it creates pushes back would be attackers while you safely get out of you lag. Not only that but she also get invincibility frames before she actually disappears. Not SA but authentic invincibility. If you don't believe me I can send you a replay where I clearly dair Sheik with Kirby while she's already started her ^B, but for some reason even though my feet are all in her body she still teleports to safety while burning me in the process. She can also tether to switch up the flow, Sheik's recovery = leet. Sheik does **** D3 so I guess I can see how people can believe it her.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
For everyone who thinks its Sheik, its not, her recovery has been buffed beyond belief and is no longer gimpable like it was in Melee. ^B is now usable in every notion. If you land on the stage, the force of wind it creates pushes back would be attackers while you safely get out of you lag. Not only that but she also get invincibility frames before she actually disappears. Not SA but authentic invincibility. If you don't believe me I can send you a replay where I clearly dair Sheik with Kirby while she's already started her ^B, but for some reason even though my feet are all in her body she still teleports to safety while burning me in the process. She can also tether to switch up the flow, Sheik's recovery = leet. .

Sounds kinky

Sheik does **** D3
She ***** eagles? What the hell is wrong with her?

...couldn't resist.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
it fits pit pretty perfectly. only problem is, i wouldn't say that Pit is underused and underrated, ESPECIALLY since the hint uses the word SEVERELEY. So that means he's not just a little underused and udnerrated, he's SEVERELY underused, meaning very rare and underrated. Pit's pretty common is he not? He's not that underrated, people know he's good (and annoying), espcially since they usually keep getting hit by his arrows/ HIYAYAYAYAYAYA attack

kupo15

Smash Hero
it fits pit pretty perfectly. only problem is, i wouldn't say that Pit is underused and underrated, ESPECIALLY since the hint uses the word SEVERELEY. So that means he's not just a little underused and udnerrated, he's SEVERELY underused, meaning very rare and underrated. Pit's pretty common is he not? He's not that underrated, people know he's good (and annoying), espcially since they usually keep getting hit by his arrows/ HIYAYAYAYAYAYA attack
It all depends on the target audience of the hint. If it is noob audience then your right. If it is experienced competitive (pro) smashers then that part of the hint fits Pit.

Ppl think that Snake beasts Pit which goes towards the underrated part I guess.

Nair ***** D3 building up the damage high and arrow spam for safetly. Bair kills around 160ish. Also, he can get a free Bair when DDD up b's

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Severely underplayed and underrated, this character can prove to be one of the more annoying characters to fight against. With some interesting strategies that can possibly even counter characters like D3 and Snake, and an edgeguarding game that can destroy quite a few characters, people may be missing out by overlooking this character. However, it may be that only those with patience will be able to handle this character well, as getting the KO can sometimes prove to be an arduous process. And with a recovery that can be stopped quite easily, this character has a few holes that keep the character from being too powerful. Although the character has impressive, yet gimmicky, ATs to add to the character's game, it seems that this character is overall quite solid but not quite outstanding.

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
i think it's sheik. her needle move in air can be used as a great edgeguard. plus she is annoying to fight against. she is weak and hard to get a KO with in this game thanks to her incredible nerf from melee. her recovery can be stopped since you know when it's going to come. she is good against slow characters. her smash attacks are very unique in the way they attack. here up smash can't hit from above, but from the side, so it's really weird. she can't knock people in the air easily because of this, and her attacks are easily dodged. she's not a good character at all, but she's at least playable.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
C'mon guys wtf? It's Yoshi! Every week is a Yoshi week!
Yoshi! Yoshi! Yoshi!
No seriously it's Sheik. Her recovery is awful, stop sugar coating it people. The tether is bad for recovery too. One match I played I mule-kicked it (Sonic's ftilt) as it was travelling to the edge, and it just disappeared so she fell to her death.
The rest of the hint fits her pretty well.

arm

Smash Apprentice
Sheiks recovery is good. Shes a strong second jump, and a good third jump that offers invincibility and if you come out a certain distance from the ground, you land regularly. Plus she has a godly tether recovery.

I still think its Pit. His recovery is easly gimped (unless youre not stupid), and hes got somewhat gimmicky ATs (Wingdashing FTW).

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
As I read it, Sonic immediately popped in my mind. I have no idea who has been done yet though.

Yoshi would be my second guess.

Edit: ROFL, I accidentally did "pooped" rather then "popped".

Candide

Smash Apprentice
The hint says nothing about a bad recovery, only one that can be easily intercepted. Along with the poor KO ability except through gimping, Peach stands out more than Sheik because of the hitbox at the end of Sheik's Vanish. Peach, too, is known for her learning curve higher than Sheik's. The fact that the character is called decent but not outstanding in the hint matches a confirmation that yes, Peach is not nearly as good as in Melee, but no, she has not been reduced to filth, as one might initially perceive.

Timbers

check me out
it cant be fox because he doesnt have trouble killing
Yes he does lol.

Setting up all of his smashes are extremely difficult. Bair and uair are really the only two killers he has, and given that his airgame isn't that great (sans fair and dair, obviously) when placed up to other characters, it only makes it harder for him.

It sounds much more like Lucas. The only realistic killmove he has is fsmash, lol.

WITH

Smash Apprentice
Zero Suit Samus ftw! She's pretty underplayed. She's annoying to play against cuz ur constantly getting stunned and shes got lots of speed and range. She can be gimped, though her recovery isn't horrible because of down b and she can hit u while ur edge hogging then tether. Her aerials and forward b are awesome for edgeguarding. She can struggle to get KO's if her forward b gets diminished (none of her smashes are good KO moves). I don't know enough about the gimmicky AT's or countering DDD, but it doesn't seem out of the question.

So uhhh, you all know I'm right!

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Zero Suit Samus ftw! She's pretty underplayed. She's annoying to play against cuz ur constantly getting stunned and shes got lots of speed and range. She can be gimped, though her recovery isn't horrible because of down b and she can hit u while ur edge hogging then tether. Her aerials and forward b are awesome for edgeguarding. She can struggle to get KO's if her forward b gets diminished (none of her smashes are good KO moves). I don't know enough about the gimmicky AT's or countering DDD, but it doesn't seem out of the question.

So uhhh, you all know I'm right!
It could be her, but her recovery is a very good one.

I wll go with Yoshi, cause he is so neglected, to the point where Mario forgets to feed him.

AlexX

Smash Ace
The tether is bad for recovery too.
Tether recovery is bad for characters who must rely on it.

Characters who have it as an additional option on top of their normal recovery (such as Shiek) like it since more options for recovery is never a bad thing.

M@v

Subarashii!
its likely sheik. about peach, she can definately kill. usmash is ridiculous and fair is strong.

as for those thinking its fox, maybe, but this has been the closest description of him so far.But there are one or two things i disagree with.

Update #21: ?????

8/26/08
Severely underplayed and underrated, this character can prove to be one of the more annoying characters to fight against. With some interesting strategies that can possibly even counter characters like D3 and Snake, and an edgeguarding game that can destroy quite a few characters, people may be missing out by overlooking this character.
for fox, true up to the possile DDD counter. Fox isnt exactly a DDD counter. Fox can combo the snot out of him, but DDD makes its near impossible for fox to apporach him. and waddle dees shut down foxs spam . Fox IS quite good against snake.

However, it may be that only those with patience will be able to handle this character well, as getting the KO can sometimes prove to be an arduous process.
Usmash is an amazing kill move for fox, and can kill most around 110% or less. however, people know to watch out for it. Uair is strong, resulting in 130ish kos, but its hard to hit with. Foxes other kill moves(dsmash, fsmash, bair) all start around 150%s but are easier to hit. Basically, sometimes it might take a while to kill them, pending the situation, so that statement can be true.

And with a recovery that can be stopped quite easily, this character has a few holes that keep the character from being too powerful. Although the character has impressive, yet gimmicky, ATs to add to the character's game, it seems that this character is overall quite solid but not quite outstanding.
illusion IS unpredictable, but can usually assure a safe return to the stage.
But if fox goes for the ledge with it, grabbing the ledge on him results in death. landing on the stage risks punishment. firefox is a bad move overall besides recovery. its slow starting up, moves slow, and is so-so priority. Its easy to gimp a fox while hes preparing firefox, or attacking as soon as its over. Fox is kinda lacking in the AT department(SO FAR =D). He got shine stalling, his fair can give him a jump boost, like the other space animals he can shdl, and he can glitch the edge on fd with a illusion to instantly make him in a standing position. But thats about it. Only ones even very useful are shine stalling(I should say ESSENTIAL), and fair jump boost.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
..waiting for someone to put up a description and tailor it to Ike. yup..
funny... for a sec, I was gonna say DK, but then I remembered that he doesn't have much of a problem KOing people.

Top Bottom